• Breaking News

    Monday, November 4, 2019

    Guild Wars 2 How this subreddit feels like!

    Guild Wars 2 How this subreddit feels like!


    How this subreddit feels like!

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 12:20 AM PST

    My A$$ after big spicy kebab.

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 01:10 PM PST

    Ah, that's hot

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 02:18 AM PST

    The Commander And Trickery

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 12:51 AM PST

    SPvP Ranked be like

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 09:31 AM PST

    Just a heartfelt appreciation of GW2 as a new player (BIG wall of text, tl;dr at bottom)

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 02:52 PM PST

    Oh man, I got so much to say about GW2 and I'm not even 2 weeks in.

    I guess I'll start off by saying, after years and years of gaming, GW2 is the one game I always knew I wanted but never actually found until now.

    For a bit of background from me, I've always been immersed in certain 'settings' outside of our current modern setting. I've never ever been interested in games set in modern times such as driving games or modern shooters like Counter Strike. For forms of entertainment, I will always seek out 'worlds' to discover and immerse myself in, which is why I'm always drawn to fantasy and science fiction, whether it's fantasy/sci-fi books, movies, TV shows or whatever else. Now I must say, my two main games that I've played are League of Legends and Warframe.

    Of course League of Legends' gameplay isn't really centered around the lore and world-building, you can absolutely play the game and get incredibly good at it without giving a single ounce of care about the lore or story, if anything the lore and story is much more of its own thing since League of Legends, as a MOBA has no 'campaign'. What it did introduce to me to though is the idea of abilities, counter-play, trade-offs, positioning, reaction times, instincts, theory-crafting and much much more.

    On the other hand, Warframe became something a lot closer to what I knew I wanted. I'll be completely honest, despite playing League of Legends since 2012, I always preferred cooperation above competition. I always preferred Co-Op experiences since a focus of playing alongside people always felt more satisfying than focusing on playing against. This is why Warframe really became the 'perfect' game for me, being incredibly fast paced but also as a PvE environment, allowed you to progress on the bigger scale completely at your own pace. But it still had an issue for me, and that was the fact that it is entirely science fiction. There's very little if any 'traditional' fantasy in Warframe, though this is absolutely based on preference, I will still stand by my opinion that Warframe has by far one of the most astonishing, phenomenal and inventive artstyles in all of gaming history.

    But unfortunately, I made a mistake. I got far too impatient and I only rushed towards the best gear right from the beginning, and I paid real money to skip certain wait times (if you play Warframe you'll know what I'm referring to). As a result, I exhausted the game in just a year. I thought I was just on burnout and so I left the game for a month or two, I came back, and the exact same thing happened. I would run around my ship (which is the equivalent to a menu), I'd check my gear, equip what I like, enter a mission, finish the mission, get bored and find myself running around my ship again doing nothing. This happened 4 to 5 times: leave it for a month or two, try to come back, get bored after first mission and uninstall. Hell, the last time I did this I straight up quit the mission without finishing it cuz there's just no point.

    At the same time, this specific year has not been kind to the main class I exclusively play in League of Legends because the class I play just isn't favored by the developers for many reasons. For instance, if you buff an ally, heal them, give them a damage boost (equivalent to basically overloading an ally with 700 boons), no one bats an eye. But if the enemies land one single skillshot of some kind and then everyone loses their minds (yeah, this is literally the Dark Knight Joker reference). As a result, League of Legends became very discouraging to play, especially in the lower levels where I'm at where my class is essentially incredibly high risk but only medium reward compared to what the developers have forced into the meta.

    So here's where GW2 comes in. I've permanently been severed from Warframe's gameplay; though I still love the art, the music, the fanbase, the dev team, I just can't play the game anymore. Same thing now with League of Legends; after 7 years of playing it, I still love the art, the music, the fanbase, the pro scene, but I just can't play it anymore. All of a sudden, for some reason I search up "top 10 MMOs" on YouTube and somehow the news of GW2 being free (well, core game being free) somewhat went over my head for 4 whole years. I've somewhat knew I wanted a 'perfect' MMORPG for my needs, but amongst the MMORPGs right now that are more popular, for instance ESO, Tera Online and Black Desert Online, none of these stuck with me for one reason or another, whether it's pacing, artstyle, accessibility, balancing or whatnot, but here comes GW2 which for the most part is free, has both a very easily palatable artstyle to enter but also goes far more insane and (dare I say) psychedelic at times, man does this game do an amazing job at creating a game that in every sense, not only ease the player and allow them to play entirely at their pace, but also holds the interest of the player in one way or another, whether its introducing different artstyles, environments or mechanics. You could imagine my wonder and surprise when, upon starting at a fairly normal average fantasy environment as a human, suddenly found overly lush lands full of sentient, sapient plant-people (or even leaf-doggos) or finding a merge between geometrically stylistic science fiction architecture, labs and robot golems. Honestly the highest level I've ever gotten with any one character is only 35 and I know for a fact that there's still WAY more for me to discover, to learn and to immerse myself into this incredibly flushed out world. Only yesterday did I actually figure out what Ferocity, or Precision, or Condition Damage was.

    I guess it's the fact that GW2 stretches so far out and really doesn't confine itself to one certain motif or another, yet it seemingly balances all of these so incredibly dynamically. I almost now prefer the game not teaching you a whole lot aside from the basics as it encourages the players to help each other and further solidify the aspect of community. I mean hell, that's what Warframe did as well, Warframe does an absolute horrendous job at teaching certain things, yet that plays a pretty big part in why the community of Warframe is so willing to go out of their way to help each other, even if it hardly benefits themselves. Thus, similarly, this is what I really have to thank about you guys. I've pretty much been spamming the 'Question Thread' with anything from stupid questions to just banter but honestly I've managed to learn so much about GW2 due to you guys or sources you guys cite. I definitely don't see me leaving GW2 anytime soon and being in class right now typing this, I already can't wait to get back into GW2 to continue my journey through GW2.

    So, I guess, thanks for existing GW2, you really made my day to say the least.

    tl;dr: GW2 is basically the game I always knew I needed but never actually found until just under 2 weeks ago. I'm absolutely astounded at how perfectly this game delivers on the MMORPG experience I've always yearned for. I definitely wish to be a mainstay in this community and one day get to a level where I have the knowledge and experience to help out players that would otherwise be where I am now.

    submitted by /u/mosaickle
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an RP scene in this game?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 12:55 AM PST

    Hi, all. I'm not sure where else to ask this other than the actual GW2 discussion board, and I'm just... more familiar with reddit. So I'm super new to the game; I bought it back when it was $60, played very little of it since it ran like shit on my system, and left it alone. I remembered I had it, so I started it up and made an Asura engineer and so far, really digging it. I'm coming here from WoW so it definitely feels new, and different, but in a good way!

    In WoW I was a very casual roleplayer. It's something I enjoyed doing, giving my characters backstories and roleplaying them with others. I'm curious, does Guild Wars 2 have a roleplaying scene at all? If it doesn't, no big, it is what it is, but if it does it's certainly another aspect of the game I'd love to explore. Thanks all!

    submitted by /u/boltwinkle
    [link] [comments]

    Connection problems

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 06:52 AM PST

    Am I The only one that can't have a ping inferior to a 1000 ms on europe right now ?

    Do we know if a fix is coming soon ?

    submitted by /u/gerard2100
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t connect from SEA to EU servers

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 06:58 AM PST

    Anybody experiencing issues login in?

    submitted by /u/mredvard
    [link] [comments]

    Snow Crows [SC] Mursaat Overseer speed kill (1:03)

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 07:57 AM PST

    Hello Reddit and fellow Guild Wars 2 players,

    Snow Crows is happy to present you our most recent speed kill.

    Mursaat Overseer

    Kill time: 1:03 (4:57 left on the timer)

    Log

    Our gameplan:

    We saw the really cool kill of [FF] and really liked their idea. But at the same time we immediately saw that it had some more potential and decided to give it a try.

    Our addition to the kill was a Condition Firebrand over their Condition Weaver and the utilization of the newest feature of Guild Wars 2, the build templates. Using them we got a pretty good start into the encounter by precasting multiple Guardian skills like Ashes of the Just and Dragonhunter traps.

    I have to admit that this isn't the most innovative speed kill from us, but we still enjoyed doing it and had a lot of fun seeing these very high numbers on the Firebrand.

    Our Squad Comp:

    Subgroup 1 Subgroup 2 Subgroup 3
    Dragonhunter (Shetsa) Firebrand (Max) Banner Berserker (Target)
    Guardian (Stephan) Boon Daredevil (Trace)
    Guardian (Jan)
    Guardian (Stijn)
    Guardian (Fallen)
    Renegade (Nico)
    Soulbeast (Alex)

    Join our Community Discord to be notified earlier about our speed kills.

    Visit our website: Snowcrows.com

    submitted by /u/SC_Max
    [link] [comments]

    Build suggestions - Hammer and Shield

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 04:16 AM PST

    There are just some weapons that look and feel better than others. For me those weapons are the hammer and shield (although, strictly speaking a shield is not a weapon).

    There are builds which include one of the weapons each (is Hammer Guardian still a thing?), but is there a PvE open world build that includes both, the hammer and the shield? Class doesn't matter. I just want to have a character running around with that weapon combinations.

    The build should still be somewhat practical because while it make look cool it's not fun if you take the double amount of time to kill things.

    submitted by /u/TheRealHanzo
    [link] [comments]

    New Balance With Broad Upcoming Changes Announced - Preview For Next Balance Patch In WvW & PvP

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 07:54 AM PST

    Guild Wars 2’s next episode launches November 19 as console rumors resurface

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 07:13 AM PST

    It took me 30 mins to think how to type it right

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 06:42 AM PST

    Today is daily Arah

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 06:05 AM PST

    Today is daily Arah, meaning the dungeon The Ruined City of Arah is part of the daily achievements and rewards 1 Tome of Knowledge. Arah, and dungeons in general, haven't really been touched since the game launched, and have some pretty retarded or even bullshit mechanics, but they can also be a fun activity if you know the mechanics and how the dungeon works.

    So, on behalf of your own sanity, I suggest you take a look at the wiki article for the Arah explorable dungeon) and its walkthrough section, it was recently updated, and save yourself a headache. At least read the walkthrough for Giganticus Lupicus because he's the hardest boss of Arah and all explorable paths have to fight it.

    Also, all enemies, all of them, are undead and affected by Powerful Potion of Undead Slaying

    Or, if you're a visual learner, WoodenPotatoes made 2 really nice videos about Arah and it's four explorable paths

    Have fun in Arah :)

    submitted by /u/Enlightenedbri
    [link] [comments]

    Engineer survivability in WvW roaming

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 05:22 AM PST

    Basically trying to main engineer, having trouble with healing. I know some survivability come from the blocks engineer has access to, but the healing turret, when im low on health, seems lackluster. Any tips are appreciated!

    submitted by /u/DeGrav
    [link] [comments]

    [DRFT]'s upcoming Mini Grand Prix- Beetle racers welcome! (NA)

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 09:29 AM PST

    Hello again! [DRFT], a NA beetle racing guild, will be holding another grand prix on Thursday, November 7th, at daily reset (8:00 pm EST). This time it's a mini grand prix, with 3 custom tracks, based around Living World 4 maps. Open to anyone!

    We use the marker system of Arrow-Circle-Heart-Square-Star-Spiral-Triangle-X to follow the trail. The tracks range from easy to medium difficulty, and there will be 10 minute practice sessions before each.

    We will be racing each track in sets of 3. Per race, 1st place will get 10g, 2nd place will get 4g, and 3rd place will get 2g. Additionally, all participants will get 1g per track they stick around for. All winnings will be mailed at the end of the prix!

    If you would like help practicing the tracks, or would like the TacO overlay for them, please pm/ingame mail me (Whatsinaname.8257) or the race lead (ninjaar.9087). On Thursday we will be listed under Jahai Bluff's lfg, led by Miss Mesmerizer. Hope to see you there!

    (Videos of previous prix can be found on our channel here!)

    submitted by /u/Whatsinaname3
    [link] [comments]

    Why are most posts discussing actual gameplay downvoted to oblivion?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 06:44 AM PST

    I only see memes and art and such on the frontpage and when i see a post about a new player asking something, or 2 about WvW roaming gameplaybuilds, or mesmer pve builds, they are <30% upvoted.

    I don't come often to this sub, mainly because of this, but i keep wondering that why when anyone wants to discuss something that isn't talking about/announcing some new feature it gets burried?

    I have never seen so many gameplay related posts on a sub have 0 points and be at under 30% before. Like even right now i am looking and i see memes, pictures, build template talk, and everything gameplay related seems burried, pvp/wvw even moreso than pve, what is this even.

    I bet if i wanted to discuss a cool wvw build i tinkered with i would be at 0 points 27% upvoted and 3 comments from surprisingly supportive poeple like all these others.

    EDIT: My post is at 25% 0 points, proving my point.

    EDIT 2: Not talking mainly about new player questions, just discussion in general.

    submitted by /u/DAANHHH
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment