• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 26, 2019

    Guild Wars Expect a write up shortly!

    Guild Wars Expect a write up shortly!


    Expect a write up shortly!

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 06:58 AM PDT

    Triple Pet Ranger Caster Midline - It's better than it sounds!

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 11:09 AM PDT

    The other day I was trying to figure out how to get a ST rit to work without running ST. The massive energy cost associated with prot spirits, combined with large recharge times, made this difficult. I tried using a ranger to make these spirits cheaper with expertise and quicker with serpent's quickness. I thought I would have to run both ferocious strike and scavenger strike to manage energy. However, Scavenger Strike worked perfectly on its own.

    Scavenger Strike is a 5 energy, 10 recharge pet attack that grants up to 16 energy if you strike a foe with a condition. With 8 expertise and 15 beast mastery, this provides 12 energy every 10 seconds, or nearly +4 energy regeneration. Theoretically, this could be used to give a ranger fantastic energy management.

    Fortunately, it's not just a theory: heroes love using scavenger strike. I am consistently amazed at how they are able to cast spells and never run dry.

    This is the basic skill bar. I'm running a 11/10/10 split currently, but an 11/11/8 may be preferable. The 11 is beast mastery, and the 8 is Expertise. I'm running 15 Beast Mastery on all of these heroes.

    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/572959737700679681/637345387258052621/unknown.png

    Here are the skill bars I am running on my triple ranger heroes at this moment – I also am running a Rt/R SoS Pet build as well – note the lack of siphon spirits! (It's part of a larger teambuild, which is still under construction – the core of the team are these three pet rangers however).

    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/572959737700679681/637347252326891520/unknown.png

    These heroes are incredibly versatile. You just put on whatever single attribute you want: Blood, Death, Curses, Smite, Prot, Resto, or Chan are all great options. I recommend the curses build as enfeebling blood and weaken armor are great ways to get AoE conditions to allow Scavenger Strike to proc.

    With the current setup I am using, I replaced a N/Rt BiP healer, a blood/curses necro, and a minion master with these three heroes. It's a bit of bar decompression, as I am using three heroes to replace two and a half, but the pets are absolutely worth it. Pets are significantly better than minions in both survivability and damage output.

    If an elite is free, I highly recommend Strike as One. Heroes will use it like a spell, so as soon as you attack something the pets will teleport in. It manages to make foes ball, even if you are a caster character. This is one huge advantage of this build. Finally, it's a great source of conditions to fuel scavenger strike. Another is the great damage output pets do. The racing beetle is as fast as daggers and as strong as a hammer. Cheap spammy skills also make pets even more deadly; predator's pounce is the preferred attack for the self heal and quick recharge.

    This is an extremely versatile midline that provides large amounts of damage output via pet skills while not sacrificing the utility of a caster. It is an excellent source of party tanking as well, which is likely the most important reason you would run this. While a single pet ranger is splashable, mass pets is strongly preferred on hard mode, as otherwise a single pet will be spiked out quickly.

    Let's talk weaknesses. First off, AoE damage is not as great as a Mesmer. This is mitigated somewhat if you are a caster via ancestors rage or mark of pain. Other than that, the largest problem is the 3 second disable when a pet dies. This is often not a huge problem, but it can lead to unfortunate situations. Finally, you only have 11 in the secondary attribute, which means your skills are slightly worse than if you were using a primary profession hero.

    Overall I was incredibly surprised by this build, and I am working on a full teambuild currently - you can see a preview with that pet rit in one of the screenshots. I hope to have it done in a week or two. This build looks bad on paper, but it works in game, and that's what matters. So please, give it a try! If you do, remember to equip caster weapons on the Rangers – that way they can fall back on BiP if their pet is dead.

    submitted by /u/refugeeinaudacity
    [link] [comments]

    Halloween Raffle Giveaway

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 01:54 PM PDT

    Rescue at Minister Cho's Estate Revisted

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 01:36 AM PDT

    So, as a follow up to an earlier thread I posted, I've nearly beaten this mission. I actually made it up to the very last peasant you have to rescue before the death penalty sent me back to the outpost. Going to try again tomorrow, now that I know a bit more about what to look for and what routes to take. I think I can do this without consumables if I'm exceedingly careful.

    The build I'm using is coming largely from a Reddit post in the forum from 2018. So far, it has gotten me the best results out of everything else I've tried and seems to fit my playstyle better than anything else. Still not thrilled with using daggers, but if it works it works. Build as follows

    Me: Dagger Spam pet ranger w/racing beetle OgcTY3L2Vyhhh5gB3B3g3iHk2AA

    Xandra: ST Rit OASjcMgMJPYTr3jLcaNdm2hLGA

    Razah: SoGM Rit OASjcMgMJPO7v5ZbzFtzcOzLGA

    Acolyte Sousuke: SoS Rit OghjwMhsIPXzyJzsaO5kmDzxJA

    I'll probably try to work these three into a kind of team build once I'm back into 7 hero areas. Thanks everyone has has given me advice thus far.

    submitted by /u/Bryandt
    [link] [comments]

    EotN Pre-release Bonus Pack

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 02:57 PM PDT

    Anyone selling (or knows a seller for) the EotN Prerelease Bonus Pack access key? I'd love to have that sword for my pre warrior.

    I'm afraid these are all long gone by now, but thought it was worth a shot..

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Davroar
    [link] [comments]

    Returning player question

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 12:24 PM PDT

    Hey, just came back to the game recently. I'm planning to tackle all the content with a new character but I'll need the money to gear all my heroes. I still have a bunch of ectos laying in my bank.

    - How much ectos are worth nowadays ?

    - Any heroes comp/build that you recommend me to tackle most of the game content ?

    Thank you very much for answering, looking to meet you up ingame !

    submitted by /u/Tweny_V
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment