• Breaking News

    Friday, October 25, 2019

    Guild Wars 2 A shame, he dit not (v)last long.

    Guild Wars 2 A shame, he dit not (v)last long.


    A shame, he dit not (v)last long.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 05:09 AM PDT

    Cheater guild winning mAT every month in GW1

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 09:50 PM PDT

    It's sad that I have to post to GW2 reddit to get some attention on this ....

    In guildwars 1 there is a guild using cheats that keeps winning the monthly tournament for the last 3 months.. no bans yet.. is anyone moderating the game or just letting it go to the dogs? interupt bots, cancel cast bots, etc... oldschool fans like me and others still love & play this game. Can we get someone to take a look?

    submitted by /u/Kisstafer1
    [link] [comments]

    My birthday cake this year is the mad moon shield

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 11:42 AM PDT

    I like drawing designs for GW2. So I'll consolidate them here. (Reddit Edition)

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 01:18 AM PDT

    I like drawing designs for GW2. So I'll consolidate them here. (Reddit Edition)

    I have a thread on the GW2 Forums where I consolidate any designs I paint/draw for Guild Wars 2. I figured I'd make one here, since r/Guildwars2 seems to have a partially separate audience to the Forums. Posting my work here as well means it will reach a broader audience overall.

    I'll repeat what I said to a user on the Forums: A big part of my motivation to do concept art is to get people talking about these things. If I can put an image into people's heads of what could potentially be, then I think they're far more likely to be compelled by it, and I enjoy being to able to see my ideas actually realised on paper or on screen, because then the idea can become more developed than just what I imagine in my head.

    Most of it is centred around Charr culture, but not all of it.

    This Charr Roller-cycle I designed back in April, with the first version I designed back in July 2018. With players asking for a Charr Roller-cycle since shortly after the Roller Beetle launched, my hope is a skin like this will be available soon, as it is a regular request on the Forums.

    Charr Cultural Gear:

    This eye piece is inspired by the Ghost Recon novel/game series. Could work as a Pact headpiece alternatively.

    https://i.redd.it/sd3pw2am5nu31.png

    https://i.redd.it/dgckk4bm5nu31.png

    If Lion's Arch was an actual city and not a Marine Art Exhibition:

    Words cannot describe how much New LA's design aggravates me. This was my attempt to turn it into more of an actual city.

    Guild Para-foil Parachute glider skin:

    https://i.redd.it/ik9mwz9m5nu31.png

    A more cunning, less brutish Male Charr face type:

    (Ears are positioned somewhat incorrectly for a Male Charr.)

    The original Forum thread for anyone interested: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/73514/i-like-drawing-designs-for-gw2-so-ill-consolidate-them-here#latest

    Check my other posts to see other projects I have running.

    If there's anything you'd like to see in-game you think I could illustrate, let me know.

    -Chimie Pepin of the Adamant Guard.

    submitted by /u/Limit1997
    [link] [comments]

    Merchandise Collector, Anet when will you fix that drop rate?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 08:39 PM PDT

    Just stumbled upon this old screenshot from 2012 Halloween Event and thought it'd be fun to see the changes throughout the years. Memories of the Original Lion's Arch

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 09:58 PM PDT

    Springer Race - 32.360 seconds (rank 7 EU)

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 05:07 AM PDT

    Reaching the Potential of Guild Wars 2 World vs World. A message to the developers.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 02:20 PM PDT

    tournaments with prize money?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 08:20 AM PDT

    Are there still some around after ESL left years ago?

    submitted by /u/ClioDelRey
    [link] [comments]

    Where's My Woodenpotatoes

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 08:03 AM PDT

    Has anyone seen him? It's been almost 2 weeks and I miss his videos! I hope he's disappearing off the scene like Dulfy did...

    submitted by /u/plotter69
    [link] [comments]

    I love this game.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 01:51 PM PDT

    I used to play GW2 years ago when it first launched and remember loving the game. Sadly back then I felt like I ran out of content because living world patches took quite long to release and I quit the game even though I liked everything about it.

    In the meanwhile I played a lot of different games including several mmorpgs.

    Now, around 6-7 years later, I decided to hop back into guild wars 2 to try out the new expansions because I randomly saw a path of fire ad and I must say... I feel like a little kid again.

    Over the years I had forgotten how damn good guild wars 2 is and how dearly I love everything about it.

    The focus on exploration and doing whatever you enjoy the most, the gorgeous landscapes and towns (How was this game made in 2012?!), fun jumping puzzles... the breathtaking soundtrack...The refreshing heart-questing system. I honestly think the game design is brilliant, the devs have completely outdone themselves in so many ways with this game.

    It's just incredible. I created a new character because I want to experience everything from the start again, my plan is to 100% every zone. It will probably take me ages, but I'm completely down for that as it's FUN and doesn't feel like a grind at all.

    I can't wait to see and experience all the content again, get to the living world and expansion stuff that will be 100% new to me. Also there is mounts now?!

    Any tips for a newcomer that hasn't played the game in years and just reached level 40 on a new character are welcome btw.

    TLDR; Returning player, tried all kinds of MMOs over the years but never quite had the feeling that I have when playing GW2. Glad to return and stay, I love this game. ❤️

    submitted by /u/Galrath91
    [link] [comments]

    Extra Clock Tower Challenges throughout the years.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 04:48 PM PDT

    Going to list a few Mad King's Clock Tower Challenges over the years that a few bored individuals have done. Why, cause they were bored (probably) and wanted an extra arbitrary goal/challenge after completing the tower normally. After the completing the JP, you can also try grabbing the bonus chests along the way too.

    Here's what I've found:

    * Clocktower - Backwards Action Camera * (This one is my own challenge.)

    - Complete the clock tower JP by jumping up it with a backwards facing camera. You can do this with using the action camera. It's not always completely behind the character, but try to keep it backwards as much as possible.

    * True Hard Mode *

    - Has the Hero/character panel open in the middle of the screen and jumps up the clock tower this way.

    * WASD Hero *

    - keyboard movement only - open a ToT bag on every jump - have fun!

    * Auto-Run Mode *

    - Keys used: Spacebar, R (toggle auto-run) - Can use left and right mouse button to turn, but you must always hold them down to keep running at all times throughout the JP.

    * First Person Mode *

    - Jump up the tower having the camera zoomed in all the way so you're in first person.

    - Note: There's several first person tower runs out there, some include getting all the bonus chests.

    If you know of any other challenges you've seen, please feel free to share them.

    submitted by /u/crimsonsun88
    [link] [comments]

    About LA, Living world and saga story telling

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 07:14 AM PDT

    I saw a few threads recently saying they prefered old LA to the new one.

    Of course old LA had a great theme to it.

    I also aren't a huge fan of the new LA.

    -But they LA i prefered was the LA while we wayted the reconstruction. It followed LS1 final wich was epic, and everybody was wondering what it was going to transform into.

    -It's also true it lacked a few things (i would have loved the reconstruction to have phases, and to see in "real time" new buildings being added) but it was a really intereating place in my opinion, i remember trying to fing easter eggs, or any kind of subbtle hint Anet could have slipt into the map.

    -Nowadays "reconstruction" LA is the only LA we can't return to and it's the only one I really miss.

    I find it sad Anet didn't do more with the map.

    Anyways I am happy of the way Anet handled it anyways because i never thought a MMO could go that far into story telling.

    Old LA had to be destroyed for Scarlets story to be so hype. I think it also got me super hypped into LS2 (wich people who haven't seen all this can't appreciate as much as we did back then).

    Anyways everybody has his opinion, i just wanted to give mine on this because people never see it this way.

    -Yes maybe new LA is'nt as perfect (eslecily if you wanted the same theme as first one) but for the storytelling it was a great innovation, and they did handle it smoothly.

    Personally i don't think LA can be changed again, but i would love to see another core tyria map (especially a main city, or getting a reworked wizard's tower that we could visit) get attacked and totally rebuilt. It matches perfectly with the new Saga system they are implementing. (or old LS system. Wich is something expansion couldn't do comfortably.

    Now i have to questions for you guys:

    1) What place in the world would you want to see this happen if it could ?

    2) Would you like a special instance with now unavailable maps (with all npc dialogue available at that time, but no loot, exp and anything else to gain other then interest in exploration)

    If you read all this, well done. (hope my grammar isn't too bad)

    Thank you to everybody giving his opinion.

    Have a good day.

    submitted by /u/Vlardern
    [link] [comments]

    Fastest way to gain XP in WvW for Gift of Battle

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 09:25 PM PDT

    I am a complete WvW noob. I'm soooo close to crafting Exordium, and realize I need a Gift of Battle. What's the fastest way to gain XP for that achievement track? Thanks ya'll!

    submitted by /u/gratefulfunk2184
    [link] [comments]

    Current State of Holosmith?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 01:56 PM PDT

    Just got back into GW2 after a long hiatus and have been considering rolling an engi to go Holosmith. I'm looking to do raids and have always been the type to learn optimal rotations in order to top the dps charts.

    What is the current state of holo dps? Are people being overdramatic with the whole "holo is gutted" memes or are they really that terrible? I saw some golem benchmark vids on snowcrows and youtube of holo hitting 36k bench recently - am I missing something? Tell me about holo my fellow raiders:)

    submitted by /u/AreYouPatrickStar
    [link] [comments]

    Help/advice regarding client

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 02:44 AM PDT

    Hi there,

    I have a question regarding the client. I don't know if there's a setting on my end causing this, but basically all my Guild Wars 2 data seems to be "dumped" and then the client needs to redownload them before I can play again. All 500,000 files. I thought it was a patch at first (despite the enormous file size) but I was literally playing 5 hours ago and it's having to download that many files again. Once it's 'playable', it just means that some maps are loaded. Last time this happened, I couldn't go to Lion's Arch because those files weren't there. This was after the Halloween patch too.

    Does anyone else have this issue, and what can I do to stop it from happening?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Fruipit
    [link] [comments]

    Bonus Week Suggestion: Bonus Chests for Dailys

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 12:01 PM PDT

    In between festivals and new episodes, the devs have been creating bonus weeks like additional chests for world bosses and meta events etc.

    I suggest a week of bonus chests for dailys, and before you say "That's dumb, there are only 4 PVE daily tasks a day, are you saying we do PvP and WvW for more daily chests?"

    Well yes, but I am also talking the daily events in the 13 living world maps, each with 4 to 5 dailys. That's like 60 dailies a day, though it would take a few hours to do it. If nothing else it will fill these lesser used maps with players trying to get as many dailys as possible.

    submitted by /u/arianeb
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment