• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 26, 2019

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - October 26, 2019

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - October 26, 2019


    Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - October 26, 2019

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 06:07 AM PDT

    This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

    Resources:

    Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    *heavy breathing*

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 08:53 PM PDT

    [Art] Made a pic of a warrior lass

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 01:49 AM PDT

    Gift from the Mad King [OC]

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 02:56 PM PDT

    The Grothmar Valley was really beautiful. Honestly I'm impatient to see Far Shiverpeaks.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 10:24 PM PDT

    Great respect for those who worked on the Grothmar Valley map, it felt classic. I also have a big obsession with ice-themed maps, and I honestly can't wait to see Far Shiverpeaks in episode 1.

    I am impatient to play it. Anyone else?

    submitted by /u/Astraliguss
    [link] [comments]

    A Mad King pumpkin carving by me!

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 10:05 PM PDT

    How to get fast PvP queue pop in gw2

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 03:48 AM PDT

    PSA: Cheap, stat selectable exotic amulet

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 11:15 AM PDT

    Extra Life 2019 Is Next Week! ($75,000 donated and everyone gets Permanent Feisty Feline Tonic a combat tonic).

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 09:19 AM PDT

    Mystic Forge Researcher Event back!

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 09:18 AM PDT

    When your Fern Hound wants to join in on the Halloween fun

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 08:03 AM PDT

    Visting Reykjavik when suddenly...

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 09:03 AM PDT

    World Linking 10/25/2019

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 11:34 AM PDT

    Speed for new players in Mad King's Labyrinth

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 06:45 AM PDT

    just a small hint for those who are always at the tail of the farming group:

    use

    6 superior runes of speed (50% Swiftness Duration; increase movement speed by 66% when under the effect of swiftness)

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Speed

    1 superior sigil of speed( Gain Swiftness (20 Seconds) on Killing a Foe )

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Speed

    after killing mobs you get permanent 66% speed

    submitted by /u/EVANDERYNE
    [link] [comments]

    Is this game just not for me?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 05:21 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I've been playing on and off since release, never managed to really stick to the game because there's always something which feels not quite right, but I can't put my finger on one special thing that bothers me.

    Maybe it's a combination of several aspects of the game that others might find fun or refreshing.

    I'd like to share my thoughts with you, also to kinda organize them. I always really wanted to like and play this game, but now I'm at a point where I'm asking whether I should leave it be and play ESO or so.

    I have all classes on 80 except warrior, guardian and mesmer.

    I have no favorite class, the one I played the most is definitely ranger but I wouldn't say that I like the class that much.

    My first 80 class was engineer, played him to max level and barely ever touched him again, like with all of my characters.

    I get to 80, clearing maps is a decent goal until then, but after that, I don't know what to do.

    I'm completely afraid of doing fractals because I never really felt like I understood the game, the classes and the skill mechanics.

    I played the Personal Story and tbh, I was just glad when it was finally over. Now I'm playing LS2 and I have to force myself to actually start a mission because it feels like 90% of them require you to use a waypoint to somewhere in the world, kill a few mobs and then just port back.

    It feels like absolutely no immersion at all. The characters I met until now either don't interest me or they annoy me. Decisions in missions feel completely superficial, I could just pick a random choice and would be fine.

    Maps in GW2 are among the most beautiful I've ever seen in a game, I often have moments where I just look at a specific area and think "damn, this game is beautiful".

    Exploration however feels completely forced and I don't really enjoy it, also it feels like you have two phases, leveling process and 80, nothing in between.

    It doesn't feel like you're actually really involved in the world, like, getting better.

    Everything seems to be achievable right from the beginning, you have most skills unlocked at a really low level.

    Animations feel really weird at times and I constantly switch between classes because it feels so pointless to stick to one char.

    I'd love to replay certain classes but I kinda dislike the idea to have a class twice. Also don't want to delete characters. I thought about making a second account and start over, but I'm not too sure about that. Clear mistake on my side, should have sticked to one character but OCD makes me do weird things.

    I have 0 interest in PVP and WvW, PVP kinda felt at least somewhat interesting, WvW is just weird to me.

    All in all I feel like it's not one particular thing that bothers me, more like a combination of several aspects.

    I can't even tell what other games do differently, but they just feel different. More like actual RPGs. GW2 feels like Sims to me. Get a new skin, do some casual stuff, log off.

    Sometimes I just log into the game, say "not today" and log off again. It really makes me sad because I've hyped this game so much when it came out, it's like I'm connected on a soul level to it lol.

    I think that's exactly what makes it so hard for me to enjoy it, because I always feel like there's nothing to explore anymore.

    GW2 is a bit like "Yeah, you've seen that road already, but have you seen it with GLASSES ON?"

    It's the problem I have with horizontal progress, it always feels like I've already seen it. As much as I'd like to, but obtaining skins just isn't serious content to me. Map completion feels like a chore to me, like I'm running from a to b, do a few events that don't feel connected to me or each other, just so they can be repeated again after 15 minutes.

    I took several bigger breaks from the game, which in my case means I didn't log in to play 30 minutes max.

    There were times when I actually enjoyed the game and felt like I was in the flow, but out of 10 times I log in, this is probably 1 or 2 max.

    I know a lot of people have lots of fun with this game and I wish I had too, but I'm just asking myself whether I should just accept that this is not the right game for me and should just play something different.

    I don't really like to play two similar games at the same time, I want to have one MMO to dedicate my time to and right now, I feel like ESO draws my attention more due to the more grown-up and serious style.

    GW2 just feels to me like it's either super casual in every aspect or complete elite pro that understands every skill and can play his or her class even blindfolded.

    Is there a place for me? :(

    submitted by /u/mindkingdom
    [link] [comments]

    Got the expansions... Now what?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 05:25 AM PDT

    Hi there

    So I've been playing GW2 for over 4 months and finally I'm able to afford the expansions but now that all of the game is available to me I feel overwhelmed (like I did when I first started playing the game).

    What should be a good way for me to get going with the game? I still yet can't afford the living world seasons so until I farm enough gold to buy them I don't want to spoil the story of the expansion or are there ways to play the expansion story spoiler free? Do I get mounts first or masteries? What about the elite specs? Is there a set way I can work towards end game (gear)? Or do I just go in gun blazing?

    Thanks in advanced for the help

    submitted by /u/IAmSkytten
    [link] [comments]

    The King and Queen's Horrorween | Tyria's oldest community event returns tomorrow night!

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 12:14 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment