• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 5, 2022

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - February 05, 2022

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - February 05, 2022


    Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - February 05, 2022

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 05:00 AM PST

    This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

    Resources:

    Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Content Creator Cosplay

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 05:45 AM PST

    'On Wiki of Gold' is a Guild Wars 2 wiki improvement project that has already distributed 10600+ gold and 60500+ gems

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 03:57 AM PST

    The Guild Wars 2 wiki is an amazing resource with a ton of helpful information. If you're a new player, check it out for information on skills, achievements, fashion needs, and other important business. This includes End of Dragons info, which is so close now!


    And if you'd like to help out the Guild Wars 2 wiki for a few extra gold, I've been running a wiki improvement project most days since 2016.

    Check out "On Wiki of Gold", where two or three articles get the spotlight each day. To help out, create a wiki account and then make edit that contributes to either of the two selected pages. Then enter your account name on the On Wiki of Gold page, and I'll send a couple of gold your way. This works for all account types, including Play for Free accounts.

    There's also a special event going on right now that is worth 800 gems to every player who participates for 24 of the 28 Sets of February 2022. This is perfect if that's something you were going to do anyway, and it's also pretty good if it wasn't!

    Everyone is welcome to participate, whether you've previously made zero edits or 100,000 edits. Try to copy the style of other articles. This list of formatting guides is also helpful. If you're just starting out and you mess up really badly, I have the pages on my watchlist and will be able to fix or undo mistakes using the page's history, so don't let fear hold you back.


    This is a good place for questions about this project or just about the wiki in general. Is there anything you've ever wanted to know about the Guild Wars 2 wiki but were afraid to ask?

    submitted by /u/Delsea
    [link] [comments]

    There is a HORSE CONSPIRACY going on in Guild Wars 2

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 11:14 AM PST

    Character model limit set to lowest is hiding world boss.

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 02:38 AM PST

    When having the character model limit set to lowest I seem to get other players prioritised over NPCs... such as world bosses... Is there a fix for this?

    Example

    submitted by /u/Minifav
    [link] [comments]

    About Yao's appearance

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 01:41 AM PST

    I was playing around with the new character creation options earlier today, and something came to my mind related to the strange in-game appearance of Yao, one of the new characters revealed in the New Kaineng trailer and map tour. Their look has been very specific based on previous concept art: a youthful, longer-shaped face and a long hairstyle with a bun and some loose strands. What we saw with the in-game model was pretty different: a slightly older-looking, round face and a really neat bun.

    I want to preface this by saying that I have no idea how creating character models for the game works, and I doubt it's as simple as using the makeover kit in-game, for example, so this is pure speculation. Some of the new character creation options seem to match Yao's appearance quite well, both their appearance in concept art (2nd picture in the Imgur post) and their current appearance in-game (1st picture).

    I'm wondering if Yao's appearance in-game could be a simple mistake. Maybe the character creation tool that ANet uses to create the character models in-game uses numbers instead of pictures to choose a specific face/hairstyle, and the wrong number was input at some point during the process of Yao's creation. It could also be that ANet simply chose to take a different direction with Yao's appearance, but I'm still hoping we could see an in-game model of them that more closely resembles the cool concept art we've seen earlier.

    submitted by /u/SamMathias
    [link] [comments]

    Brand New, Never Felt So Lost in An MMO?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 12:35 AM PST

    Hey everyone! I'm brand new to GW2, I've played WoW, ESO, and a tiny bit of SWTOR (which was the MMO I was debating in getting into over this if I'm being honest. Before you read, I really do think I am missing something and I mean nothing of what I say in a negative way, I was really excited to try Guild Wars 2 and hope to continue playing it as my main MMO.

    I started a couple of days ago, and I created a character, Sylvari Elementalist, and started. I just really feel lost in what I am supposed to be doing other than what I think is the Tarnished Coast area I am in? I just get those heart/scout missions and go and do them, without any other meaning other than hey these people need help and go kill, harvest, and scavenge these things in the area to fill up the bar. The only thing that has been different is that there seem to be world events that I can participate in that happen near me.
    For reference, I am level 10, so obviously I haven't even scratched the surface of what I am supposed to be doing but I just feel really lost. I just feel like I have been logging on and following the next waypoint without knowing what is going on or how this is progressing the story? I've also been wondering when is the appropriate time to buy the next expansion or do I need to buy all 3 at the same time? Unsure of what happens if I only pre-order the new one vs. the bundle.

    Any guidance and help/explanation of what I should expect, continue on would very much be appreicated. I understand this is not like WoW or a typical MMO where there are defined Roles etc., but I do appreciate a good storyline and the MMO side of things and I just feel underwhelmed/overwhelmed at the same time. Thanks!

    Edit: Wow! Didn't expect this many replies thanks a ton for the info guys! I did have a few questions about how skills/weapons work in the game if anyone was interested in explaining that too lol. Was just confused how you customize your abilities etc. and if for every weapon is there different abilities

    submitted by /u/Pandavoc
    [link] [comments]

    Gw2 End of Kitten

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 01:30 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment