• Breaking News

    Monday, February 28, 2022

    Guild Wars 2 I made a Chocolate 'Omnomberry' Cake

    Guild Wars 2 I made a Chocolate 'Omnomberry' Cake


    I made a Chocolate 'Omnomberry' Cake

    Posted: 28 Feb 2022 02:14 AM PST

    I'm leaving this game ...

    Posted: 28 Feb 2022 01:29 AM PST

    to go to the shop to buy some supplies for when the expansion launches. be right back

    submitted by /u/Nornnio
    [link] [comments]

    HoT meta events are the most fun Iv had in an MMO in years

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 11:08 PM PST

    New player here, just joined about a month ago now, and I gotta say.. Heart of Thorns has blown me away.. completely. The moment I soared into the sky with a dozen others, while a dragon boss shot fire balls at us to dodge mid air in Verdant Brink, I had a true moment of clarity. In that moment I knew, and knew it to be true. This MMO really is something special.

    Since then, Iv gone on to experience all of the meta events the Heart of Thorn maps had to offer, and each one impressing me in their own ways. Auric Basic in particular has become a favorite of mine. It serves as such a great example of what an MMO can do, and do right. And that's bringing players together in pursuit of a common goal. A goal that isn't defined by damage numbers, or people doing things only one way.

    Everyone there gets to have their own fun, and that, I believe to be something very special, and unique to Guild Wars 2. No matter what your doing on the meta maps, or how your doing it. If your doing it, your helping your fellow players. And that isn't something I believe other MMO's can say about their open world content.

    Can't wait to experience more of what the game has to offer. Iv been having a great time.

    submitted by /u/Luccar21
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t draw or paint (in the traditional sense), so this is my version of fanart. Can’t wait to go back to Cantha after all these years ����

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 12:15 PM PST

    Snowden Drifts Beetle Race Gold Medal on a Rental Beetle

    Posted: 28 Feb 2022 01:28 AM PST

    End of Dragons launch BINGO

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 06:49 PM PST

    Don’t feel like you’re being left behind!

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 06:57 PM PST

    I've seen a lot of folks anxious about the upcoming expansion. A lot of you aren't caught up on the story. Heck, a lot of you are brand new to the game!

    But don't worry! I started playing right as Path of Fire came out and I felt a bit overwhelmed by all the content too. I wanted to rush through it and join my friends in the "end game."

    Here's the thing though… Guild Wars 2's content is highly replayable and there's no set end game! So, you won't ever have to worry about being left behind. There'll always be folks right there next to you (unless you're doing some hard jumping puzzles lol)

    I know I'm not the only one, but there are tons of veteran players who love to help new players along all the time. Reach out to me if you need a helping hand and I'll see what I can do!

    submitted by /u/itsmoonbeans
    [link] [comments]

    Sugarcube described the excitement I'm feeling today for EoD launch very well.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2022 03:42 AM PST

    GW2Radial v2.2 with DirectX 11 is here!

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 09:13 PM PST

    I said I'd release it before End of Dragons came out. Looks like I was a solid 12 hours early, no problem! hahaha no kill me

    This release works with the addon manager as usual, so just open, click update, and enjoy. Make sure you're on the DirectX 11 beta though since this version is DirectX 11 only. If you want to stick to DirectX 9, keep using v2.1.3.

    You can also grab it on the release page. Here's the changelog:

    • DirectX 11 support. This involved a total rendering rewrite with benefits such as better performance, less stuttering on load and less memory usage.
      • The addon loader and d3d wrapper are now the only way to run GW2Radial. Chainloading is more complicated under DirectX 11 and it wasn't worth the trouble when the addon loader is mature.
      • DirectX 9 support has been removed. In order to keep the code clean and maintainable, it was necessary to rip the bandaid off and just drop DirectX 9 support. If you must stay on DirectX 9, v2.1.3 should remain functional.
      • d912pxy support has been removed. See above about removal of DirectX 9.
    • Added Skiff and Siege Turtle to mounts radial menu.
    • Fixed items in radial menu being considered bound if entirely missing from the configuration file.

    See you all in Cantha!

    submitted by /u/TSP-FriendlyFire
    [link] [comments]

    End of Dragons Original Soundtrack released!

    Posted: 28 Feb 2022 12:05 AM PST

    The soundtrack has been released just ahead of launch!

    You can find it on iTunes and Apple Music, for $9.99 USD.

    Apple music link

    submitted by /u/Jimbostein
    [link] [comments]

    Farewell, Oh Pyramids, and Thank you

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 11:59 PM PST

    Farewell, Oh Pyramids, and Thank you

    I was not playing GW2 when PoF launched. I was on a hiatus, maybe trying my luck with other MMO-s. But I saw a random video about the mounts, and the desert setting, and I was in love, I knew I had to come back. From the first time since I saw the loading screen, til the last (which is almost upon us), I loved it. Just like I loved PoF.

    The last 5ish years were not without problems, but I am so grateful for them anyway. We got to see conclusions (some great, some not so great) to storylines decades in the making, and we saw our Commander, and our Guild grow.

    Thank you ArenaNet! For delivering such a great experience. I cannot wait to jump into the next chapter, but Path of Fire, Elona, Joko, Kralk (and okay maybe even Jormag and Bangar) will always hold a special place in my heart.

    This loading screen will be remembered.

    Wishing you all a happy Expansion Launch Day, treat the devs with patience, and stay hydrated!

    https://preview.redd.it/o0skefn84jk81.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=1323f06e1b5f7ebfadf0e5b3f10eaf80fe3d3697

    submitted by /u/zaleszg
    [link] [comments]

    After playing this game off and on pretty much since launch i finally crafted my first legendary in excitement for the Vindicator

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 07:10 PM PST

    Flame Legion charr commander!

    Posted: 28 Feb 2022 01:39 AM PST

    After many tries, my first Beetle Race Gold Medal! Tropic Valley Raceway

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 02:26 PM PST

    Quies Quietis for my lovely guildie who carries me through CMs and Raids [Comms Open]

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 04:11 PM PST

    The Commander In Uncharted Waters

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 09:40 PM PST

    Updated Jade Bot emotes! Added 18 new unique ones + currency + tag icons ♥

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 05:01 PM PST

    Is it worth to get back to GW2 even if I'm not able to buy EOD?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2022 12:56 AM PST

    I have the other 2 expansions and I played the game 6 months ago. My biggest concern is that with the release of the xpac the new specializations will be meta. Which leads that I will have subpar performance (or straight up not getting invited) for raids and fractals, and in PVP. I mostly played alone.

    Other concern is that the other maps will be left alone since everyone wants to check the new things. Should I come back or should I wait until I can afford the expansion?

    (I have most of the maps 100% so that's not an option)

    submitted by /u/Dzsukeng
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestion: Can we have a spoiler thread for each act and chapter of EOD to not spoil ourselves?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2022 04:15 AM PST

    I'd really like to discuss the coming story, but once you enter a spoiler thread you run into "just wait 'til x kills y" spoilers. Would it be better to make threads for each act / chapter?

    Subs like /r/UmbrellaAcademy do this, too.

    submitted by /u/Rhywolver
    [link] [comments]

    Full main theme of End of Dragons :))

    Posted: 28 Feb 2022 02:09 AM PST

    EoD's announcement got me back into GW2, working on various things, got my first piece of Legendary armor

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 08:00 PM PST

    EoD's announcement got me back into GW2, working on various things, got my first piece of Legendary armor

    I'd gotten kind of burned out on doing daily grinds and such about two or so years ago, ended up taking a break from GW2. I'd still jump on every now and then, but had zero motivation to actually play. After a really bad experience with Destiny 2, the announcement of EoD made me want to pick up playing again. Got back in, finished Icebrood Saga's story, grinded my way through all of Seasons of the Dragons, and started looking for other things to occupy me (I like having goals).

    Seasons of the Dragons inadvertently got me most of the way done with Vision (already have Aurora), and that's currently just waiting on ~35 mystic clovers before I can finish it.

    Chatted with my main guild (who graciously hadn't booted me while I was away), and realized most of my armor was still a mix of exotic and some ascended. After some reading up and reviewing my best options for how and when I play, decided WvW legendary armor was the way to go. Relatively quickly got everything to ascended, and just finished grinding for enough skirmish tickets to get the first one converted over to legendary.

    One down, five to go!

    https://preview.redd.it/806yzddvxhk81.jpg?width=1415&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=c7afed3fccb8c916e15bb0dcf0f9d506e622a572

    submitted by /u/flaagan
    [link] [comments]

    The Night Before End of Dragons Drops, Here's 5 Predictions...What Are Yours?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 05:28 PM PST

    Of course, none of these are announced. Let's go!

    ONE: We will get another hidden "DRAGON" map (Dragon's Stand, Dragonfall, Dragonstorm, Draconis Mons...)

    TWO: We will NOT battle or kill Aurene.

    THREE: There is a secret legendary weapon set for the DEEP SEA DRAGON.

    FOUR: Taimi WILL die during the finale of End of Dragons.

    FIVE: The final instance will conclude with a TRAILER for LIVING WORLD SEASON SIX, or BETTER, the NEXT EXPANSION.

    Those are mine. What are yours?

    submitted by /u/TalkativeTriceratops
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment