• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 20, 2022

    Guild Wars 2 Drizzlewood Coast Map Showcase on my Griffon!

    Guild Wars 2 Drizzlewood Coast Map Showcase on my Griffon!


    Drizzlewood Coast Map Showcase on my Griffon!

    Posted: 20 Jan 2022 03:51 AM PST

    Got my Skyscale

    Posted: 20 Jan 2022 09:39 AM PST

    As the title stated, I got my Skyscale.

    After probably 6-7 months of grinding, I unlocked that SoB. I'd venture probably 30 hours went into it. Which I will assume is way higher than it should take. But I started grinding for it around the time my daughter was born last summer. And between her naps and my work schedule, i would do an hour here, hour there.

    And last night when I collected the final rift, I had my daughter in my lap, I let out a mild "hell yeah". My daughter turned and looked up at me and farted and went #2. Dirtiest diaper I have ever cleaned...

    So needless to say it was an eventful time.

    submitted by /u/GunnSlinger715
    [link] [comments]

    The vaccine is no longer optional on Blue Borderland.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2022 03:21 PM PST

    The biggest scam in GW2.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2022 11:05 AM PST

    My sPvP experience in a nutshell. Feels like it literally doesn't matter what or how I play. It always swings in massive lose streaks or win streaks. What gives? Gold 1

    Posted: 20 Jan 2022 07:55 AM PST

    PCGamer : Guild Wars 2 is betting on bite-sized raid encounters with End of Dragons

    Posted: 20 Jan 2022 12:41 PM PST

    gUiLd wArS tOo

    Posted: 19 Jan 2022 11:48 PM PST

    Playing the FFXIV free trial, and some things I miss/appreciate about GW2

    Posted: 20 Jan 2022 06:49 AM PST

    So first off: I like both games! But I like them for different reasons.

    Things I'm digging about FFXIV:

    I think FFXIV has far, far, FAR better writing and plot, at least once you get to Heavensward. I genuinely care about all the characters in ways I really don't about the GW2 crew, which isn't to say I don't LIKE the GW2 characters... I'm just way more emotionally invested in the FFXIV characters.

    I genuinely enjoy the mechanics of the crafting and gathering disciplines; it's neat to have things be a bit more than mindless and kind of act like their own mini-games. Plus, there's actual quests! The 1--50 Alchemy questline especially stands out as being well written and very emotional.

    The queue/party finder system for dungeons, trials, raids, etc, is quite functional and easy to use.

    Things I am now re-appreciating about GW2:

    GW2 beats the snot out of FFXIV in terms of respecting the player's time and inventory space and making things convenient. FFXIV has no crafting bag. The only "bank" is Retainers, which you get once you sub, and they seem fine, but as near as I can tell you cannot use items that Retainers are holding to craft, you HAVE to take them out into your inventory. The glamour system more closely resembles the old transmute system before we had the Account Wardrobe. And FFXIV is VERY unfriendly to alts -- while you can have every class on one character, if you want to do RP and have another toon for fashion/looks, you have no way (that I can tell) to send items/materials to that character beyond asking other players to help. You have to re-collect all cosmetics for the new character. That's not even getting into the bloody gear treadmill -- I do complain about how GW2 does have its own sort of treadmill in the form of new BIS stat sets, but at least new stat sets coming out doesn't invalidate old ones; when HoT first came out my Sinister gear still worked just fine even though Viper's was strictly "better." This also makes the crafting system super overwhelming -- the basic ingredients for crafting in GW2 remain more or less the same, you don't get this A New Even Shinier Tier of Wood, Rendering All the Old Wood Useless.

    I also miss dodging and having a more limited skill bar; it honestly gets overwhelming the sheer number of skills I have to have (note: I never played WoW; my first online game was GW1, so I'm way more used to a limited skill bar!). And, finally: mounts. The mounts in FFXIV are fine. They're just the way you go a bit faster. GW2's mounts are seriously innovative and unique and bring a joy to moving around and exploring. Plus, Griffon and Beetle at least reward actual skill -- if you put even a little effort in to learn how they work, you can zip across the maps INSANELY fast.

    submitted by /u/LucidSeraph
    [link] [comments]

    I am SO excited, she said YES!!

    Posted: 19 Jan 2022 10:21 PM PST

    I am SO excited, she said YES!!

    We have known each other for over 15 years and I finally popped the question. Thank you guild wars for strengthening our bond! The community has been so giving and welcoming to us on our journey.

    although someone did say she was the worst Chrono they have ever seen... We forgive him though!!!

    https://preview.redd.it/sfcf9s58dsc81.jpg?width=860&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=d58a9e4e6ba3bef03e2bd19abf5825873e124b63

    submitted by /u/Dirt-SomeBLM
    [link] [comments]

    New Aurene logo cape looks nice on all races except charr.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2022 10:55 AM PST

    Fear of cold: The characterization of Jormag

    Posted: 20 Jan 2022 07:43 AM PST

    I just had Youtube recommend me this fantastic video called Fear of Cold by Jacob Geller. And very quickly I started to notice that a lot of the elements mentioned within the video (which had absolutely nothing to do with GW2) share similarities with the motivations and characteristics of our main antagonist for the Icebrood Saga, the Elder Dragon Jormag.

    First off, I never really associated the cold with any psychological effects. The sudden reveal of Jormag being the dragon of Persuasion of all things felt very random, at least to me personally. I just assumed this was course correction after Kralkatorrik wes mostly a living cataclysm instead of an actual antagonist, compared to Mordremoth which directly conversed and interacted with the players (and, at least in my opinion, was the most compelling Elder Dragon, at least at that point in time). Well, now I have a bit of a different perspective.

    The video goes into extensive lengths explaining the psychological effects of a desolate, freezing, blizzard-ridden wasteland. How it isolates, how it exploits out perception, and slowly creeps in on us, supposedly small errors like dominoes that go down one by one, until everything falls apart. And the ever-increasing numbness. Don't know about you, but to me, that sounds exactly like Jormag's influence.

    What was also extremely on point was the presentation of cold's greatest asset. The ability to preserve, even hundreds and thousands of years into the future. How it encases literally anything and protects it from further harm. That's literally what Jormag offered us! All the people encased in the Lake Doric DRM were given the greatest gift the personification of frost could offer: stasis, silence, permanence.

    I feel that, if it weren't for the sudden cut of IBS, we'd have a really great and memorable antagonist on our hands. Of course, the story ultimately moved too quickly, and the finale wasn't what most of us wanted. But now, in hindsight, I can see a ton of thought was put into the story, which maybe could've blossomed into something great, if given enough room to breathe.

    So yeah, these are some of the first thoughts that hit me when I watched the video. I highly recommend giving it a listen, as it goes far more in-depth, with a ton of examples from literature, history, video games, and even personal experiences of the author. I merely scratched the surface in this post. At the very least, it made me respect the snow I walk on a little bit more.

    submitted by /u/EndusIgnismare
    [link] [comments]

    [ART] 2nd Illustration for the winner of the latest Master duelist PvP tournament (Zyntrex) :)

    Posted: 20 Jan 2022 10:53 AM PST

    Welp, seems like the Mystic Coin bubble has finally burst

    Posted: 20 Jan 2022 12:54 AM PST

    For the first time since Nov 4th 2020, MC prices are back to under 1G 70s.

    https://www.gw2tp.com/item/19976-mystic-coin?full=1

    Took a while for that bubble to burst: Anyone got an idea as to why?

    My guess is that all the demand from those who rushed for legendary items for the armory, got all they needed.

    submitted by /u/Kenji_03
    [link] [comments]

    When you try to make a cool outfit on a lv 20 character but end up cosplaying the fire nation

    Posted: 19 Jan 2022 03:21 PM PST

    It appears that my comrade has unlocked the rare and sought-after DX11 infusion

    Posted: 19 Jan 2022 08:51 PM PST

    Tried to be creative with it. Hope you like.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2022 05:51 PM PST

    Low skill floor meta build for fractal beginner

    Posted: 20 Jan 2022 11:22 AM PST

    I finally decided to revisit fractal now that I have accomplished my WvW and sPVP goals.

    I never gotten past T2, just some casual daily rec and T2 in the past, still not 100% sure what the mechanics are for each fractal.

    I have full set of legendary heavy armor since I play all 3 heavy armor classes in pvp and wvw, legendary back, neck, 1 accessory and 1 ring. So gearing shouldn't be an issue and I have enough gold to spare to outfit a full set of +5 stats +9 agony infusion.

    I just need some recommendation for what build to take into fractal with given my limited understanding of fractal mechanics. I am looking for something that has low skill floor and can cover for my own mistake, or something with easy rotation.

    submitted by /u/Kuzuryushen
    [link] [comments]

    Fashion Wars Query

    Posted: 20 Jan 2022 11:02 AM PST

    I finally got BiFrost. I'm a Mesmer with a penchant for Prismatic Aurene items. I have all the aurene armor skins and such. I was hoping to get some suggestions and see some screenshots of folks with their bifrosts and infusions. I wanna be the brightest rainbow out there! Please halp!

    So far the only infusion I have is the peerless. Hopefully soon I'll have the legendary amulet so that will be another piece.

    TLDR: Finally got my bifrost. Seeking out some glams for my Mesmer that have an aurene theme. Please include your flashy infusions as I wanna be a walking rainbow! (I know people complain about this but I play solo and rarely camp in town. I'm either at my guild hall or logged out on a ledge in a random map.)

    submitted by /u/ImTransgressive
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment