• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 24, 2021

    Guild Wars What "hidden quests" do you know?

    Guild Wars What "hidden quests" do you know?


    What "hidden quests" do you know?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2021 01:48 AM PST

    Hey, I started playing again recently (Proph) and I remember that one hidden quest Pre-Searing where you have to bring back the price winning pigs for Farmer Dirk. He rewards you with 25 Gold. Not much, but fun that it works.

    I remember that GW2 had some of these "hidden quests", too. Do you know more like that in GW1?

    // Edit: Found the wiki article :).

    submitted by /u/Parafex
    [link] [comments]

    Teaching fowsc - looking for new people!

    Posted: 23 Nov 2021 05:52 AM PST

    Hi guys, I thought I'd try and give back to the community by encouraging more participation in speed clears. From my own experiences, it is difficult to get into speed clears at the moment as many groups running are groups of friends or very experienced people who do not take new people. If you are interested in DoAsc I recommend heading to the teach discord where they gearcheck you and schedule teach runs most days. Once you learn some roles here you will definitely be able to join in on normal runs. If you ask in all chat in DoA someone will give you a link. As for Uwsc, as far as I am aware there is no such teach group and I am still very new to uwsc so I can't offer much here. However, as in the title of this post I can offer fowsc teaching. If, like me, you don't learn very well from videos and you would like to learn while doing, this is perfect for you. I can teach all dervish roles in fowsc and my friend can teach ranger roles. As I have spent a while in DoA I have enough money to provide you with the necessary pcons and consets for practice runs. I will firstly check your gear and offer suggestions for equipment e.g. vampiric scythe and 20% while hexed is a useful weapon but only for a small percentage of the run. Then we will do some runs where you will shadow me and learn how to spike in different scenarios. Finally, I will observe you and offer tips. These will likely me lowman runs 3-5 people. However, becoming accomplished at lowman sets you up very well for full 8 man runs as the jobs are largely the same, only reducing in number as team size increases.

    I play after work mostly at around 1800ish Gmt. Ign is Fast Clean Spiker.

    submitted by /u/Huggsybear1
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a build suggestion

    Posted: 23 Nov 2021 11:54 AM PST

    tldr: what build gives you the most damage numbers on your screen?

    So I'm a long-time guild wars player and I've been playing casually but have finally convinced my husband to give the game another go. I will (and have) play pretty much any build but I need something he's going to like which is a bit different from my usual playstyle. He's a hardcore Diablo 2 player so even if it's not super meta I think he's going to want a lot of AOE or possibly just what build gives you the most visual feedback of your effectiveness?

    I can definitely play a support for anything if something like dervish condition+mesmer fevered dreams would look satisfying on screen.

    submitted by /u/FantasysticEarlGray
    [link] [comments]

    GW1 on Win11?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2021 07:49 AM PST

    Just wondering if upgrading to Win11 will affect GW1 at all. Well tbh I'd also like to know if any body has any info about it affecting the ability to play any older games. When I upgraded to Win10 I had to get dosbox, and/or other source ports to play other games. Doing such things to play games I only occasionally play is fine. But for a game I play daily (ie: guild wars) it seems like it'd be a pain in the ass.

    Any info would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Professional_Wave786
    [link] [comments]

    Minor bug question

    Posted: 22 Nov 2021 11:08 PM PST

    Hello, I have recently started playing Guild Wars again after not having played it for many years.

    I'm really enjoying getting back into the game, and I'm having a great time.

    At the moment, there is one thing I wanted to ask about though.

    I got the game on Steam, in case that matters.

    Whenever I go through a loading screen, my game will briefly sort of minimise. It'll show me whatever is on my desktop, so my Home Screen thing or Steam. It'll only do it for a moment or so, before going back to the game. And I'll see a bit of the loading screen either just before or just after this happens.

    It doesn't seem to extend the time I have to wait, or cause any other problems, as far as I can tell at the moment, so it's not a big deal.

    Has anyone else had this issue or know what could be causing it, or how to fix it?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/PrometheusCat
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment