• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 20, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - November 20, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - November 20, 2021


    Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - November 20, 2021

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 05:00 AM PST

    This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

    Resources:

    Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Necromancer is all that remains

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 10:46 AM PST

    Disclaimer: this is just a satire rant

    I main Mesmer. I love Mesmer. Purple is my favorite color, and I love its theme and unique gameplay, unseen in any other rpg, let alone mmo.

    But I love efficiency as well.

    Playing condi mirage in T4 fractal pugs? I'm top DPS, trying hard to time my dodges to match both boss attacks and ambush timers, timing my phantasms to become clones just at the right moment to shatter, surviving stuff I shouldn't be able to because I've mastered when to use axe 3.

    Then a scourge comes in, uses F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 Epidemic, puts their own condis and steals mine, and takes away my glory.

    Playing story missions and soloing stuff as power chrono, I try hard to time my evades and blocks to survive, I have to position my wells just right, and manage continuum split.

    Then I remember I could just do this as a reaper, press F1 > 4 and spin to win.

    My necromancer stole my mesmer's ascended sets. My necro stole my mesmer's AR sets and cosmetic infusions. My necro is my main now. I'm sad because I miss my purple butterflies. Necro is all that remains.

    submitted by /u/Strigidae_Autumnus
    [link] [comments]

    I'm not sure how to describe this feeling but I am perfectly content being in areas like this.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 08:13 AM PST

    Who wants a new login screen with EoD?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 11:33 AM PST

    EDIT: Character select screen

    I do not mean only the new color of the screen, but the custom UI where it is possible to move the character position order, change background screen etc. Share your sugestions here.

    submitted by /u/kovaciclovro
    [link] [comments]

    DX11 has started turning LA into Dragon Jade

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 11:23 AM PST

    story bosses be like

    Posted: 19 Nov 2021 09:18 PM PST

    Did anyone else watch the Jade Sea stream thinking "Griffon adventures?"

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 05:53 AM PST

    Because every time they showed those lovely drops, and the rocks showing the old sea level and the giant crane thing, all I was thinking about was FLYING around them...

    Have they said anything about future griffon adventures? I've missed them so much since they stopped adding them the LW maps, and these new maps look SO LOVELY to swoop through so far!

    submitted by /u/Rishyala
    [link] [comments]

    The most Human-Name NPC I ever encounter in the game...

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 03:51 AM PST

    [Community Event] BLC Beta Data 2 - Collaboration and Giveaway

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 11:56 AM PST

    From the people behind the 1 million Fractal Encryption data set, and the previous BLC Beta Data Event

    We're organizing a SECOND large-scale study on Black Lion Chests based on the unique behavior of the Elite Specialization Betas.

    The full details as well as FAQ can be found HERE, but in summary:

    WHY?

    • We are nearly done entering the data from the first event (about 3000 keys remaining of 14000 total), and are excited to share with everyone the findings. This second event allows us to further improve our statistics and compare the droprates of a different chest.

    WHAT'S NEW?

    • We have added a new way to earn additional rewards, Data Entry! We've streamlined our spreadsheet to make this easy and have arranged compensation for everyone who helps out!
    • Minimum entry size - to address some reporting bias, we are asking for recordings of at least 25 keys. Less than 10% of entries from the first event were this small, but because of their size, had more potential impact on averages when affected by bias

    WHEN

    • Elite Specialization and Siege Turtle Beta Week 4 (November 30 - December 4).
    • Raffle drawn Saturday following (December 11)

    WHO

    • ALL PLAYERS CAN PARTICIPATE! You do NOT have to buy any Black Lion Chest Keys!

    WHAT

    • Place Black Lion Chests in your bank before the beta, then farm keys by teleporting to maps that are completed for you!
    • If you're interested in Data Entry rewards, make a copy of our spreadsheet and join Zanar's Data recording discord for organization.

    HOW TO ENTER

    • Read the Video Submissions section of the event doc and submit links to your videos via the Entry Form
    • For Data Entry, read the Data Entry Assistance section for instructions.

    CONTACT INFO

    The Overflow Trading Company discord server is hosting us for communication in their #contests channel, head over there to catch any new communication and chat with other players who are participating.

    Event Coordinators:

    u/ShinyMeta - Shinymeta#4172

    u/Zanar - Zanar#9531

    u/Something_Memorable - Selici#4234

    submitted by /u/ShinyMeta
    [link] [comments]

    How I discovered a free, unlimited premium currency explоit in Guild Wars 2 and all I got was $20

    Posted: 19 Nov 2021 04:54 PM PST

    Sprinkler Roleplay

    Posted: 19 Nov 2021 03:31 PM PST

    TIL You can talk with Qadim before CA raid fight.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 09:14 AM PST

    Can we Change ingame Font size or color?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 04:12 AM PST

    What if we would have a Saturation slider?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 04:15 PM PST

    New music from Jade Sea Tour livestream - Virtuoso's theme :)

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 02:25 AM PST

    Ah yes, jade bathtub.

    Posted: 19 Nov 2021 02:55 PM PST

    Was really digging the thumbnail for the Jade Sea announcement trailer video, but couldn't find a matching wallpaper from their official site - made a quick version with the text and logo removed for anyone else looking! (1920x1080 was the best google RIS could muster...)

    Posted: 19 Nov 2021 01:20 PM PST

    Jade Sea Livestream confirmed that the reused Jade Maw is NOT the Meta Event

    Posted: 19 Nov 2021 12:58 PM PST

    They would not give any details on what the meta is, but they were happy to talk about the Canthans digging too greedily and too deep.

    So you can all put down your pitchforks about them reusing a fractal boss for a dynamic event.

    submitted by /u/TannenFalconwing
    [link] [comments]

    Open commissions! Will do simple or detailed portraits for Gold! Price varies/negotiable

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 02:37 AM PST

    Idea discussion: Opening /wiki in game

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 05:03 AM PST

    Been reading a few posta these past days from new players regarding how confusing some GW2 systems are for them, and fairly so, as everyone had the same problem when starting their adventure.

    Now, I know you can "/wiki" and search what you need there, (Kudos to GW2 wiki admins and contributors for the amazing data!) but this is sadly not made clear by the game that the new players can use this tool.

    My point is to find out if it possible for ANet devs (in theory at least) to implement such a feature that when you /wiki the web page will launch in game instead of in an external browser? I know other games do this to a certain succes (ex. War Thunder) and I've heard that the BLTC is working in a similar way to what I am suggesting here.

    Or another idea would be to add an "inspect" button when right-clicking an item that would basically function as "/wiki".

    Imho, it is a bit sad that they haven't yet "fixed" this situation of new player confusion when the game has such an utterly amazing and detailed wiki page. (Disclaimer: I am not a game developer and my opinion is subjective as of now.)

    tl;dr Combining wiki page and getting it one step further to intertwine it closer with GW2.

    submitted by /u/vicolgnr1
    [link] [comments]

    Genuinely don't understand the issues people have with jade colors

    Posted: 19 Nov 2021 11:57 AM PST

    Look, I have PLENTY of criticisms of ANet's choices, priorities, storytelling, characters...I have no shortage of things to complain about. I like this game, but I don't think I could be even faintly considered as a fanboi.

    ...but man even to ME the notable population of posts whinging about the green not being quite the right shade, or the wave of the ocean looking too rounded is....much ado about very little.

    This game's got plenty of stuff to fix; I understand the idea would be to avoid making that list bigger with a new expansion. But that's a pretty low bar, IMO.

    submitted by /u/styopa
    [link] [comments]

    Why did you remove my post about how full of censorship the main forums are anet?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 04:09 PM PST

    I made a perfectly fine and logical topic, this censorship will stop rather you like it or not and I am screen shotting it all and will be using this in the future, you better shape up the future is changing for those against the constitution.

    submitted by /u/TruthBringer337
    [link] [comments]

    Bank dividers should have a text field we can edit to label all the junk we hoard

    Posted: 19 Nov 2021 12:54 PM PST

    and an expand/collapse all button would be nice too.

    submitted by /u/folstar
    [link] [comments]

    I have GW1 Minis, I want to give them away!

    Posted: 19 Nov 2021 11:27 PM PST

    Yo! I have a bunch of GW1 minis (useful for Hall of Monuments) that are filling up my storage and I need to find a use for them. I figured I would give them out to some people on stream and stuff but I still have too many. I wanted to know if people here wanted some? The people who are hardcore into GW1 won't need them but my fellow GW2 players with their HoM might find them helpful.

    You can message me in GW1 "The Lazy Sage" or even in GW2 (NA) at Jingsilverstone.8407 and Ill see if I have a few pets that can help you out!

    Stay Super

    submitted by /u/TheLazySage7
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment