• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 28, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - November 27, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - November 27, 2021


    Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - November 27, 2021

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 05:00 AM PST

    This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

    Resources:

    Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My experience (as well as all my friends)...

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 10:41 PM PST

    It's the small things that count I guess

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 05:57 PM PST

    Just got my Griffon. Bought a skin, customized its dyes a bit, and headed straight to the snowy lands. Flying her is such a fantastic experience.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 06:23 PM PST

    Quaggan says… give me your best.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 08:10 PM PST

    At long last - the era of the bots is OVER. Complete shutdown.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 05:13 AM PST

    Have not seen any posts on this so I thought I would share the good news.

    Yesterday, the owner of the biggest and only public GW2 bot Tool has announced their shutdown.

    I probably am not allowed to post the message here but the gist was that the bot was not making enough money anymore (despite charging monthly) and it was not logistically sustainable so they are shutting down sales immediately, only existing accounts can still run for the next ~2-3 weeks.

    Q: What does that mean for Guild Wars 2?

    A: No more bots. As in, no more PvP bots, no more world completion bots, no more WvW bots, no more gatherer and Silverwastes bots.

    Q: Wait, all bots?

    A: No, not quite. Some very simple bots that can run on macros (e.g. AHK) will still exist but any kind of sophisticated Lua-based bots are gone. The typical engi/reaper afks farming dust by the wall will also still exist but honestly - those are super easy to detect and ANet should get on it.

    Q: Why do you think there won't be just another copy and someone will take over?

    A: It is nigh impossible to recreate this framework and I am pretty sure no one will. This platform has existed since the beginning of GW2 itself, over many years, many "addon" creators and the owners have "mapped" every level and added more functions (e.g. API) so that the bot can interpret the world and make sense of it in order to perform neverending tasks on it. Only unless the owners will sell their entire databases and source code, can there be a continuation but I very much doubt that because it simply would not be profitable for anyone involved. Furthermore, every single time GW2 had an update, the bot had to be updated too and maintained. Thus, I am fairly certain that this is the end.

    Q: How do you know all of this?

    A: I do have 2 friends, one a user and another a developer, in that community and got the news condensed to me today.

    Q: What about hacks like teleport and speed?

    A: Those will unfortunately still exist but I do hope that Anet will put in more effort in removing those. Hackers are more blatant and egregious whereas bots are sometimes subtle but even if they are not, there usually are no actions against them (as a friend of mine has been botting with 7 accounts 24/7 for the past 2 years and only got one ban).

    Generic disclaimer: I do not condone any usage of automated or ToS-violating third party software. This is merely for informational purposes.

    Edit: Proof posted in the comments.

    submitted by /u/Yazudaru
    [link] [comments]

    Story Achievements with no checkpoint or retry are my least fav part of GW2

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 11:13 AM PST

    Been doing the Return achievements in addition to Aurora and Vision, and boy it's really reminding me how salty the story achievements get me. Many achievements are arbitrarily locked the first time through. Many are mutually exclusive. Some instances will straight up kick you because of bugs (Migraine). And worst of all, failing most story achievements means you're simply out of luck--you can't retry, you can't even start over the instance, you need to finish the entire episode before you're allowed to retry. The time investment in all of these cases is huge.

    Today I was invading the Moon Fortress trying to dodge invisible laser traps. In a large, empty room (that I had thoroughly scouted for invis traps) I completed a puzzle, and then a boss spawned. Without warning, four invisible lasers ALSO spawn, and poof, there goes twenty instanced minutes. Can I log out and re-try the instance? No. Can I start the entire instance over? No. Can I even try for the opposite achievement where I get hit by EVERY laser? No. I have to complete the full instance and the rest of this Living World Episode before I can re-try for both achievements.

    And that's not even an edge case, this is most instances. Next to none have a reset button, but every single one has achievements. It staggers me that Anet would roll out Seasons of the Dragons Return without fixing such an obvious QoL matter.

    EDIT: The boss room in my case has a checkpoint that does not save achievement progress, so relogging simply restarts the fight but no dice on a laserless run.

    submitted by /u/KablamoBoom
    [link] [comments]

    When you invite DOOM Guy for a Tea party

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 03:32 PM PST

    It was my cake day last night, and so to celebrate... here's all of my nine sylvari stitched together in one collage! What do you think?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 07:55 AM PST

    Regions after EOD, and GW1

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 09:04 PM PST

    One thing that excites me after EOD is that it means we will have visited every major region that GW1 covered, which means that subsequent expansions or living world zones could cover entirely new areas. I'm really excited about this because places like Scavenger's Causeway or that ENORMOUS AREA EAST OF EVERYTHING are complete unknowns and they're intriguing to me in a way that the barely-described areas in Lord of the Rings are attractive to me. Huge, mysterious, vaguely evocative, etc.

    Scavenger's Causeway is so close to Orr, it has to have a lot of connection with what happened there, I'd love to find some small number of descendants of Orrian survivors there..

    I think we should keep an eye out for hints about previously unused areas going forward.

    But I do wonder what smaller unvisited areas from GW1 are likely to be revisited. There's a zone here in there in regions we've visited, like parts of the Shiverpeaks. There's also places that I guess are gone now(realm of torment). Nothing super stands out to me though- can you think of anything?

    I suppose there's Depths of Tyria but that feels less like a region and more like a way to categorize a bunch of mostly unconnected underground areas, IIRC.

    Of course, it'll also take some time to flesh out more of Cantha, so there will almost certainly be major LWS zone followups there.

    But yeah, any ideas for GW1 areas that are very likely to be revisited, or mysterious areas they're already hinting at?

    submitted by /u/Clear-Thanks-5544
    [link] [comments]

    Armchair dev time: what endgame system/activity would you implement if you could?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 10:12 PM PST

    Personally, I've been playing a lot of Lost Ark the last few months, which has made me realize that a Cube dungeon would be a solid addition to the game.

    Basically a daily solo instance where you progress through timed stages with a "double or nothing" reward system, with each stage throwing you against harder enemies. Dying or failing the timer means starting over from stage one with no rewards (or crappy rewards, like bloodstone dust) for re-clearing a stage that day. Rewards themselves could be pretty much anything- a small amount of gold, 1-2 mystic coins, karma, dungeon tokens for the people who hate WvW, map currencies, obsidian, mystic curios, legendary shards, with a daily limit to keep from crashing their respective economies.

    As an added bonus, such a system could also be a solid means of making sure players learn and understand specific game mechanics. Make stage five a boss with a breakbar check, make stage ten spam a shockwave that knocks you into a death wall, one could have a kiting mechanic, one a strict dps check (like 8k unbuffed, nothing insane), and so on.

    Make the highest stages difficult enough, and it could even become a solid litmus test for players to prove- both to themselves and others- that they're at least qualified to try higher-end content. You have the "Cubic [Class]" title that only comes from soloing raid-difficulty content on that class? You're probably good enough to join our raid/fractal CM run. Obviously you'd still have the odd botter or account buyer throwing a wrench into that, and obviously blue certain classes would have an easier time than others, but I think the majority of players who have it would have earned it.

    And the best part is that this probably wouldn't require making many new assets, since the whole thing could just consist of spawning existing enemies in Taimi's holodeck.

    submitted by /u/Artaica
    [link] [comments]

    Charr-goyle Reawakening (description in comments)

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 01:23 PM PST

    This Game is a True Joy

    Posted: 28 Nov 2021 04:08 AM PST

    Veteran gamer here, my first MMO was UO and I've been through most of them.

    How have I missed this until now??!!

    After some very helpful advice here I switched from Necro to Mesmer and now Revenant and am having a blast. The class is just fun and the game is exactly that too - fun.

    The story is really enjoyable, voice acting!! So much and so good!

    I joined an HP run, what a trip that was. All the events that are entirely community driven, learning what a bubble farm is, great stuff.

    So many helpful people answering all my noob questions, thank you all.

    Now I just need to figure out how to make money because my 8g ain't getting me much of that sweet viper gear lol :)

    submitted by /u/Xierg
    [link] [comments]

    My only Black Friday purchase is expanding my shared inventory! Worth!

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 07:18 AM PST

    Unpopular opinion, maybe: Story instances (in HoT at least) are FAR too long.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 11:44 AM PST

    Putting my opinion of the story and the way it's told aside, these missions are just stupidly, absurdly long.

    I just finished Buried Insight and it drags, and drags, and drags, and you have no means to take a break without nullifying your progress. It isn't the first one either.

    The instanced story stuff should be broken up into more digestible pieces to allow people to go and do other stuff if they want to take a break from the story. Buried Insight at least should have been at least 3 separate instances, not a single drawn out slog.

    submitted by /u/FinalBloom0
    [link] [comments]

    I made a complete model of Jormag

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 04:04 AM PST

    Link to images

    Really glad to finally be able to post this - I was working on it for a looooong time through lots of tribulations. I won't drop any walls of text here since I've said most things over at the ArtStation post.

    There's also this. It's the result of a little showcase I wanted to make, but due to the combination of my jank camera movement, jank animation and jank quality due to demanding render times that forced me to lower resolution to 720p that then also got compressed by YouTube, it turned out to be quite the mess, so I didn't want to post it officially, but I figured people here might still be interested.

    Hope you like it!

    submitted by /u/Ars_Devotus
    [link] [comments]

    I just thought this Princess Peach player was hilarious and wholesome, had to share.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2021 11:15 PM PST

    Velocity Gauge for Griffon

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 08:39 AM PST

    Since the Siege Turtle stream we learned that as it moves it gains momentum and recharges ammunition. This is represented by a gauge above its endurance bar.

    I think it would be helpful to have a similar UI for the griffon. The griffon's main mechanic is the exchange between altitude and speed. If you dive, you gain speed but lose altitude, and if you climb, you gain altitude at the cost of speed. You can also boost speed while doing either by flapping. However, how and when you lose momentum is difficult to judge, so I would very much like some sort of meter that shows the griffon's speed at any moment to provide the pilot feedback.

    submitted by /u/AgentZirdik
    [link] [comments]

    My one wish for EoD

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 06:32 PM PST

    Sea serpent/kraken world boss fight in the middle of the ocean.

    That is all. That is my one wish

    submitted by /u/GCSpellbreaker
    [link] [comments]

    Is GW2 is active in players ?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2021 04:37 AM PST

    Hey, it's been a long time since I have left GW2. My account got hacked after the opening of the Chinese server back in 2014 I think. Arenanet back then wasn't helpful in retrieving back my gears and gold, so my character was bare naked with no gear and gold. So I left GW2. I heard there was a new expansion coming out soon, so I decided on coming back to GW2 again to start afresh. I have yet to play the past 2 expansions and was wondering if GW2 still has an active player base ? to find groups of people to play the past 2 expansions content ? is making gold still as hard as back then ?

    submitted by /u/JesterTheGhost
    [link] [comments]

    Fractal Encryption boxes are on a steady decline!

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 02:39 PM PST

    Fractal Encryption boxes are on a steady decline!

    Encryption tank

    Since the last Fractal Rush back in June, encryption boxes went down to around 20silver. Which made sense at the time, since an influx of players were doing fractals. It did manage to bounce back to the original 22- 23silver range.

    Now however, lately the downward trend has been occurring once again. Box are now as low as 18silver. What gives? There's literally thousands of buy orders stuck in the 18 silver range currently. Is this market manipulation at play or just another economic phenomenon?

    Any thoughts on this?

    submitted by /u/T_Edmund
    [link] [comments]

    Thought I'd share a doodle I did years ago

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 02:04 PM PST

    Worthwhile game to spend an hour a night on?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2021 03:37 AM PST

    Pretty much as the title says as current life commitments are only leaving me with around an hour an evening to get some games in. Was hoping some veterans could weigh in!

    submitted by /u/Rum_Cutlass
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for new players to chill and level up together !

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 02:19 PM PST

    Wassup im new to GW2 but not to MMO's and rpg's, and i wanto to leave my old rpg and move into gw2 but I dont know anyone that plays this game too, so im looking for new friends to level up with me.

    submitted by /u/InLoveWthShrooms
    [link] [comments]

    Whats your craziest encounter idea?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 07:27 PM PST

    I think it would be sick if anet did a strike mission with the siege turtle. Something like those 3d sonic fights where your chasing the boss down while avoiding hazards but the passenger on the turtle has to snipe down the boss or hit adds to give a speed boost to the turtle.

    submitted by /u/laluvassi
    [link] [comments]

    Black Lion Garden Plot Question

    Posted: 28 Nov 2021 02:58 AM PST

    Hey there, I was researching but didnt really find an actual answer to my question so I hope you can
    help me out.

    Its about cooking (500) and the black lion garden plots. With cooking you can create a Varietal Cilantro Seed Pouch (for example) and plant it into your unlocked deed daily.
    That means you get like 4 ascended pieces a day.

    Now if you unlock the gemstore upgrades for 1000 gems each - will you also be able to plant your ascended seeds there? Or are you limited to the ones you can buy from the unlocked vendor?

    submitted by /u/SaikaTheCasual
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment