• Breaking News

    Friday, September 17, 2021

    Guild Wars My experience over the last week

    Guild Wars My experience over the last week


    My experience over the last week

    Posted: 16 Sep 2021 07:46 PM PDT

    Sorry for the long post, just sharing a happy thought as I've been loving this game again recently!

    I played guild wars a lot back in the day, around 2000 hours. Took a long break (10 years) and returned a couple months ago. I did a play through of every campaign then ended up taking another 2 month break.

    Recently I started again and wanted to go for GWAMM - I started from prophecies and met a total stranger at Northern Wall, we did this mission and then Fort Ranin and then called it for the day - he ended up joining our guild. Logged on the next day and did the next 2 missions and got to the shiverpeaks. And what do you know? I bumped into him again the following day at Yaks Bend and we started doing the primary quest followed by shiverpeak missions. The game was so much more fun with real people, we were using henchmen too so it was actually a bit of a challenge (I'm a necro, this dudes a warrior)

    He had to go so I continued, logged off at Beacons Perch then AGAIN by chance just met him at Gates of Kryta. There was also this other dude alone so I asked if he wanted to play and then we became 3.

    This new guy just bought the game and was very newbie, as expected. He was doing a lot of things wrong and didn't know much about his skills or attribute points. Nonetheless I started helping him out and he became a lot better. We played us 3 all the way to the jungle, helping out with every question he had and basically just trying to relive the story, with all the cutscenes, as if it was my first play through too. I wasn't leading any missions, just following him and having fun from a new players perspective again.

    We hit the jungle and met another solo player who wanted to join us at the mission (this guy was experienced and has gwamm on a different character but just made a new one himself too).

    I messaged the newest joiner to our team and told him that this guy was a complete newbie and am just helping him out - he was cool with it and was also trying to teach him new things. We all of a sudden became a team of 4 and it was so much fun!

    Over the last few days we've been playing all the way to the ring of fire islands now. We've been playing together, and this newbie has been leading us all. He's gotten so much better, we're helping with bonuses and hard fights. Shown him how to change secondary profession, since we've ascended, and also introduced him to Zaishen. We also met 2 more people, one newbie and one more experienced person on a fresh play through.

    The last few days have actually been so much fun, I can't believe I've met some random people at mission outposts and ended up playing with them for 5+ hours a night for the past few days lol. We already plan to go through every other campaign together and just chill. I forgot how much fun this game was to learn as a beginner, and how much fun it is being experienced and actually helping through an entire play through lol.

    Tomorrow we're going to try the underworld, we're all excited for that - not everyone is free but we'll have 4 of us going. Just a normal clear as a group taking it slow. Really enjoying the fresh play through again. Long live GW, and if anyone wants to join us on the underworld run or just normal missions then please add me: Wizbe Undead

    submitted by /u/lolwizbe
    [link] [comments]

    Soon done with LDoA

    Posted: 17 Sep 2021 01:58 AM PDT

    Hey Guys, my first time putting up a Reddit-Post.

    After a 10yr break, like everybody else it seems, I came back to Guild Wars and started my first LDoA. I am lvl 18 1/2 and probably going for 20 this night. When I'm done with LDoA I want to make sure that I have all the Goodies that are only available in Pre, I already collected the blue Crystaline, but is there anything else I need to „have" before leaving Pre ?

    Looking forward to your answers.

    P.S.: sorry for the bad english, I am not a native speaker

    submitted by /u/Muesli49
    [link] [comments]

    Question about the Quest Worthy Deeds

    Posted: 17 Sep 2021 02:03 AM PDT

    I want to get the skill "I Am Unstoppable!", but for that i first need to do the Quest Worthy Deeds. So i played eotn with my Dervish up to Sifhalla. When i Talk to Sif Shadowhunter she doenst give me the Quest and says somthing about i first have to be worthy...

    The Wiki page of this Quest doesnt say anything about any requirements so i wanted to ask here.

    My Dervish is lvl 14 and has Norn Rank lvl 2 (i guess i have to be lvl 20, maybe?)

    submitted by /u/Marco3104
    [link] [comments]

    Bored playing MM

    Posted: 16 Sep 2021 09:50 AM PDT

    I love playing Necro, just having the option to be a MM is enough for me to love the profession. Same with Rt. However, now that I have Olias in my hero build, I am struggling having fun any more. I just don't want to upkeep my minions anymore so I just use my other abilities and don't make them anymore. I am still playing through the campaigns and just now got to kondhour crossroads or what ever. I am looking for builds that don't have anything to do with MM now. I just want to support the rest of my heroes. I'm tired of searching for builds and only seeing MM or MM bomber or whatever. Every time I ask in game i either get silence or just MM builds. I want to do something different. Even if it's not meta. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am a returning player with a fresh account (just hit my first lvl 20 after coming back). I enjoy this community thank you all.

    submitted by /u/Darth_JonArashi
    [link] [comments]

    Noob team question

    Posted: 16 Sep 2021 08:41 AM PDT

    Hello! I have poked around the past few days but I'm confused.

    I plan to beat the campaign/s but I havent played since i was younger.

    I would like some direction in making a playable team for my mm. I went to the website in the faqs section I think it was but left more confused.

    I wont be doing anything crazy just going through the story ( whatever that entails )

    If the answer ( use whatever it wont matter ) could you provide a few tips for building up heroes? Perhaps there are certain ones or skills that are just a bad time and no good?

    Thanks in advance!!

    submitted by /u/Usedernamer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment