• Breaking News

    Sunday, September 5, 2021

    Guild Wars Just recovered my childhood Guild Wars account. Look at all these birthday presents!

    Guild Wars Just recovered my childhood Guild Wars account. Look at all these birthday presents!


    Just recovered my childhood Guild Wars account. Look at all these birthday presents!

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 02:23 AM PDT

    A small accomplishment - but I got my first maxed titles!

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 11:49 AM PDT

    Worst MMO Ever? - Guild Wars

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 12:51 PM PDT

    Win Win

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 08:23 AM PDT

    I played Guild Wars from 07' up to the release of GW2. And then I never really went back to it, and when I did it was for an hour or 2. But I recently had my first child so gaming is last on my list.

    Now I absolutely dislike watching TV hours on end, not sure why. So instead of rocking my little girl asleep in the living, I sit in my office rocking her to sleep while I play GW pre searing. I think she likes the music, plus it's easy to play with one hand. It's a Win Win.

    The soundtrack is one of my personal favorites of all time, and apparently my daughter doesn't mind it either. Thank ANET for making one hell of a game.

    submitted by /u/GunnSlinger715
    [link] [comments]

    Your longest Vanquish?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 08:31 AM PDT

    Your longest Vanquish?

    This what I did today. Around 520 enemies or so to kill. At the end obviously, someone was missing. Somehow this boss spawned after I left the area. Eh.

    https://preview.redd.it/mfwpto249il71.png?width=1918&format=png&auto=webp&s=df662302ca70263b906aff7765a11228249ffd21

    submitted by /u/Ionenschatten
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to experience the story in chronological order?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 12:59 PM PDT

    I understand you can make characters for each expansion and you can't do their tutorial zone if you come from another game, but if you do go through as one character do the stories of the expansions not make sense at all? Like, are they only decent cohesive narratives if you make a new character in that expansion?

    submitted by /u/FlamingGnats
    [link] [comments]

    Playing the game through remote desktop

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 11:23 AM PDT

    When I try to play the game (stuff like trading on my alt etc, not actual "intensive" gameplay, so a little delay is fine) through a remote desktop software such as Team Viewer, the mouse inputs are messed up. I can walk fine with WASD, but I cant rotate camera properly by holding right click.

    Does anyone know a solution for this, other than just not doing this?

    submitted by /u/nhremna
    [link] [comments]

    Tip: How you unlock your Mercenary heroes early

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 05:42 AM PDT

    It's an aging game, if you created a new character you probably just want to quickly get passed the newbie zones. But if you happen to have access to mercenary heroes and can't find a runner, you can just pick up your mercs earlier in the game.

    You can unlock Mercenary heroes as soon as you reached Ascalon (post searing), Shing Jea Monastery, or Chahbek Village . Here's how:

    1. Party with someone that already have access to Great Temple of Balthazar.
    2. That person first maps you to Codex Arena. This somehow unlocks the ability to further map travel to other outposts on the Battle Isle. Note that for you, all these outposts will still be invisible, including the boat. (A Guild Hall + invite is necessary unless TB is used).
    3. Once in GToB, talk to the Mercenary Registrar to unlock all mercenary heroes.
    4. You'll need to be mapped back to your original outpost, otherwise you're stuck here. Either by passing by a Guild Hall. Using TB will allow you to map back yourself.

    From then on you could just run yourself using your level 20 heroes to wherever you need to go.

    Fun fact: On April Fool's day, the quest Annihilator will be available from Embark Beach allowing your lowbie character to gain tons of xp. This would for example allow a Faction-character level up to 20 without ever having to take a secondary profession or even leave Shing Jea Monastery. Technically you could even be level 20 before reaching Shing Jea Monastery, but it would be impossible to map you back anywhere as you wouldn't have any outposts unlocked yet.

    submitted by /u/GWLexx
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I buy the game?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 01:02 PM PDT

    Hey all! I'm a Guild Wars 2 player and I really enjoy its lore so much that I wanted to get Guild Wars to play the cool stuff by myself. Now, I know there is the Trilogy version on Steam and later on I can buy the EOTN expansion, but I also want to link my two accounts to get the HoM rewards in GW2 too, will Steam be an issue or is it okay if I buy everything from there? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/TommyTx3
    [link] [comments]

    Redownloading GW--people still play?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 08:30 AM PDT

    Hey all, I just redownloaded GW and am curious how many ppl still play? I loved this game back in the day and would love to have people to play with here and there--though I'm a pretty casual gamer. While I like playing with others I don't love voice chatting with people I don't know well--sorry. Any welcoming guilds for a returning casual player?

    submitted by /u/GuidedByNors
    [link] [comments]

    [Old Ascalon] Question about the Inscribed Chakram from Penelope Hoode (Collector)

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 09:49 AM PDT

    I don't see any spells for Fast Casting, is this item just worthless? Or does having a skill recharge for Fast Casting boost its effectiveness somehow?

    Inscribed Chakram

    +6 Energy (Requires 5 Fast Casting)

    Halves casting time of Fast Casting spells (Chance: 20%)

    Halves skill recharge of Fast Casting spells (Chance: 20%)

    submitted by /u/PhantomSlave
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment