• Breaking News

    Monday, September 20, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 Screenshots of Skyscale Acquisition/World Completion/Legendary Crafting Pop-ups are now considered low-value

    Guild Wars 2 Screenshots of Skyscale Acquisition/World Completion/Legendary Crafting Pop-ups are now considered low-value


    Screenshots of Skyscale Acquisition/World Completion/Legendary Crafting Pop-ups are now considered low-value

    Posted: 19 Sep 2021 12:00 PM PDT

    Good afternoon everyone,

    As many of you are aware, there has been a large influx of posts on the subreddit where users are showing off their accomplishments. While we are thrilled that so many players are accomplishing their goals, many of the aforementioned posts are just screenshots of the pop-up messages that every player gets upon completion of those goals (Skyscale acquisition, world completion, legendary crafting, etc.). Going forward, such posts will be considered low-value and removed.

    That being said, if you would like to post a screenshot of you wielding your new legendary or riding your new Skyscale, that is fine; we just want to prevent the subreddit from being filled with screenshots of the same pop-up messages.

    submitted by /u/Teletric
    [link] [comments]

    Is this normal or are people just quick to blame

    Posted: 19 Sep 2021 11:58 PM PDT

    So I was doing some farming on dragonfall and I saw that the meta was in the works so I started to work on the events. I started to notice the lack of player population on the map for the event so did a quick look on LFG and no one brought people into the map or running a zerg or I decided to be a good play tag up and bring people into the map for the meta event. After the main part of it was over I disbanded cause I had to get off and as soon as I did I saw in map chat people were basically shit-talking me for being bad at being a commander when I was not really doing that at all I was just trying to complete the meta event. I don't remember PvEs being this bad when it came to meta events in the past.

    submitted by /u/VWghost
    [link] [comments]

    Perhaps futile attempts at finding some old friends.

    Posted: 19 Sep 2021 07:31 PM PDT

    Really missing the 2013 days where I ran with a small group of select people under Corp and then eventually ONI.

    Holy Pickle and the rest, where are you?

    submitted by /u/Xynesis
    [link] [comments]

    I drew a hypothetical Trahearne ��

    Posted: 19 Sep 2021 02:51 PM PDT

    Some appreciation for Sun's Refuge.

    Posted: 20 Sep 2021 05:21 AM PDT

    As we finish our return to Jahai Bluffs, I'd like to make a shout out to Sun's Refuge.

    A Star to Guide us was probably my favourite release of LS4, and a solid 90% of that can be attributed to Sun's Refuge. The way it grew over the course of the story, and then after completing both events and achievements, got me more invested in Jahai Bluffs than any other LS map.

    Seeing Suns Refuge grow is honestly some of the best environmental storytelling in GW2.

    My only regret is that it never got used more after ep4. (well, that and the fact that the Baby Skyscales only last until you get your own Skyscale.)

    My praise to the team who developed it, and I dearly hope we see something similar to it in EOD.

    submitted by /u/michael7050
    [link] [comments]

    What is the most fun class/spec in your opinion?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2021 04:51 AM PDT

    Now obviously this question is subjective but I've been playing my condi thief a lot and while to my understanding it isn't the most optimal it is super fun. I would love to hear others specs people play that may not be meta but super fun

    submitted by /u/Living-Carrot9036
    [link] [comments]

    Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon.......Fractal/Raid?

    Posted: 19 Sep 2021 05:18 PM PDT

    The Commander And Honoring

    Posted: 19 Sep 2021 09:21 PM PDT

    Gen3 Legendaries... please do not use Mystic Coins in any part of your crafting

    Posted: 19 Sep 2021 07:28 PM PDT

    Title.

    I'm hopeful that the topic will be discussed by Anet before EOD release, because it's something many of us have had concerns with when Gen2 came out.

    submitted by /u/Czyril
    [link] [comments]

    What is YOUR play style?

    Posted: 19 Sep 2021 09:25 PM PDT

    EDIT: I meant to say play style AND favorite game mode... But you all get what I mean :D

    I've noticed a lot of people on this reddit enjoys PvP, WvW, and legendary crafting. I am, unfortunately, not that type of person.

    Personally, I really enjoy the stories (so much that I impulsively create a new character everytime I finish them on another) and I am actually not someone who is very nitpicky when it comes to them. Are there moments that I didn't really like because of how boring and long it seemed? Yeah -- Fighting Balthazar and getting so close only to actually die will always be my least favorite missions, honestly. But I think we all have to agree that becoming immerse into any story means that you have to face both high and low points. Even if the low means coming to a realization that things kind of don't make sense sometimes, and that you have to sit idly and watch people talk about things that you already know.

    I'm also really into the exploring aspect. Despite playing for about 4-5 years now, I don't think I've ever done the full map completion because I, again, create new characters impulsively just so I can experience certain maps over and over again (I'm looking at you, Maguuma Jungle!). I think the highest I've ever gotten was 88% map completion, and now that character is just rotting away because I moved on to other things. But I've been thinking of playing with her again just so I can finally finish that 12%.

    I cannot, for the life of me, get into crafting legendary armors and weapons. It seems so mundane and boring. But this is very subjective, and I am just the type of person that doesn't like to focus on something so tedious for too long. I'd rather save up gold to buy skins instead of making it myself. Haha.

    WvW is cool, but I find myself roaming more than fighting after a while. And once I realize that I am doing nothing to help the people on my team, I just get off and go back to open world. Then again, I did spend an absurd amount of hours on my thief before getting bored and leaving. I think I just have to be in the mood for this one.

    Anyway... What do you enjoy doing? What is your favorite game mode and why? Do you actually enjoy crafting or do you only do it for the armor/weapon? Tell me all about it!

    submitted by /u/singnie
    [link] [comments]

    Art of my Moon Fae

    Posted: 19 Sep 2021 01:25 PM PDT

    Lions Arch

    Posted: 19 Sep 2021 04:50 PM PDT

    Every time i get a story quest that takes me to an instanced version of the old Lions Arch, i get a little sad. One of the most enjoyable things in GW2 has always been exploring the map, and the original Lions Arch was one of the most creative and amazing cities ive ever seen in an mmo. I miss it.

    submitted by /u/Nelothi2
    [link] [comments]

    When the toxic elitism gets too advanced for its own good

    Posted: 20 Sep 2021 05:57 AM PDT

    Fanart of a friends Asura. Not much to see.

    Posted: 19 Sep 2021 11:37 PM PDT

    [APP] GW2-Waypoint: Access Waypoint Chat-links without leaving the game!

    Posted: 19 Sep 2021 10:38 AM PDT

    Who this tool is for:

    • People that don't like opening the map every time you have to go somewhere
    • Lazy people that don't want to open chrome (me)
    • People with potato PC that can't open chrome to grab WPs (also me)

    What this tool can do for you:

    • Access Any waypoint in the game! (PVP and WVW WPs coming soon)
    • Find the location of a map ( I hate searching for the EOTN WP)
    • Save your favorite waypoints for later use(SOON!)

    Hello!I always hated opening the map to find a particular zone. Sometimes I managed to find it -sometimes I don't! When that happens I gotta open chrome and look for a waypoint so my noob-self can get to the map. So I thought that I would make a small tool for it! If you have a potato PC(like me) you are in luck!! This app only consumes 40MB of RAM!

    Installation & Usage:

    1. Download the tool from Github(choose gw2-wp.exe on the download page) and launch it!
    2. A small black bar will be present on the top left of your screen (make sure to have your game running (borderless or full screen)
    3. The window will remain even if you close GW2 or minimize it. So please feel free to use the respective buttons to either close or minimize the overlay!
    4. Search for any waypoint name/shortcut and it will give you a list of waypoints! Click any that you like and the chat-link would be copied to your clipboard
    5. Open your GW2 Chat panel and press CTRL+V

    Hot-Keys and Shortcuts

    Type any of the following short phrases to pull up the respective WP which is relevant to the meta

    Octovine Meta - "AB"

    Chak Gerent Meta - "TD"

    Tequatl - "TEQ"

    Triple Trouble - "TT"

    Dragonstorm/Twisted Marionette - "EOTN"

    The phrases aren't case sensitive (I.e. "eotn" can be used instead of "EOTN")

    I will be implementing a feature so that the user can add a list of their favorite WPs and shortcuts(SOOON!!!)

    Upcoming features:

    • Favorite WPs
    • PSNA WPs
    • World Boss WPs

    How it works

    The program accesses the official GW2 API data which is available to the public and builds a database. Based on the users input it will search this database to output the respective WP Names and copy it to the clipboard after clicking it.

    Code

    The code for the entire project can be found on my GitHub! Python scripts have been compiled with Pyinstaller to make it easier for the user to use without having to install python libraries

    Feedback

    Feedback is extremely important to me as I am a novice programmer and this is my first serious project. And I plan on adding more and more features to this tool while still maintaining a low resource consumption. So please comment on this thread if there is anything that you think that I could improve on!

    If you have any questions please message/comment on Reddit and I will try my best to help!

    I can also be contacted on discord at mayo#5081

    submitted by /u/hukanawa
    [link] [comments]

    What does DX11 beta mean for Addons?

    Posted: 19 Sep 2021 05:53 PM PDT

    Is this just a "hey rename this to d3d11.dll"

    Or are we stuck waiting for things to be updated?

    Arc Radial Reshade/Hook/that other guys reshade Taco Etc.

    submitted by /u/Skankintoopiv
    [link] [comments]

    What’s your favorite Title to rep?

    Posted: 19 Sep 2021 12:57 PM PDT

    Edit: So many awesome responses:) Some notable titles I'm surprised not to have seen mentioned yet: "Supporter of The Kingdom" it's always fun to see someone repping a cool/niche achievement chain (not dissimilar to "Temporal Tourist"). Also, "Grand Artisan," ik it's a relatively low bar but ascended gear is an achievement and I love the RP element of a master crafter.

    submitted by /u/Calvinboo
    [link] [comments]

    EU vs NA LFG Listing

    Posted: 20 Sep 2021 07:11 AM PDT

    I was watching Mukluk's stream the other day and he pointed out something very interesting. It seems like on NA servers the people that advertise their groups in the LFG will put up the last number in the ip address for that server. That way, if you try and join a server and it is full, you wont try and join another group with the same ip, since it would be the same server.

    Would love to know why we dont do that on the EU servers and it would be a huge quality of life if we started.

    Even better yet, it would be great if the menu just showed the ip address on the LFG system for each group.

    Also for those of you who do not know, you can see the ip address of the current server you are in by typing: /ip

    submitted by /u/juicebox_tgs
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you ArenaNet for adding a dialogue to Gorrik and Taimi after completing this LS chapter.

    Posted: 19 Sep 2021 01:02 PM PDT

    Not to get into spoiler territory, but I really was hoping we'd at least get some dialogue from Gorrik about Blish. I was worried because the last few haven't had new dialogue, but I went and checked and found the option to talk about it. It was really sweet, and a bit heartbreaking. Short, but exactly what the story needed.

    I still hate that he got axed in the story and would kill to have the asura crew back together, but getting to talk to Gorrik about reliving the events of Blish's death was really sweet and sad. Wonderful handling of the story.

    submitted by /u/MovieTrailerReply
    [link] [comments]

    Living World Season 1 movie?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2021 06:33 AM PDT

    So I'm sure this question is asked a bunch and I'm sorry if I'm adding to the pile since I'm new. So I know Season 1 of Living Worls in GW2 is mostly unplayable except for some key instances or boss fights and that the rest of the living world seasons are still playable. I swore I saw somewhere that there is a way to at the very least experience the story of season 1 as essentially a cutscene movie. Is that a thing in the game or is it basically something I gotta look up on YouTube?

    submitted by /u/Tophs05231992
    [link] [comments]

    Discussion on GW2's Combat Changes -- What's The Vibe For You?

    Posted: 19 Sep 2021 11:26 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment