• Breaking News

    Monday, August 23, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 Happy 9th Anniversary of Guild Wars 2!

    Guild Wars 2 Happy 9th Anniversary of Guild Wars 2!


    Happy 9th Anniversary of Guild Wars 2!

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 09:26 PM PDT

    Birthday gifts can't keep escalating every year, but they absolutely shouldn't go Backwards.

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 10:15 PM PDT

    Last year we got more for our birthday. This year the birthday reward feels gutted. Sometimes I don't know what Anet is thinking.

    Taking away the dye kit without really giving us something equal, especially since we have all the armor now is just a bad feeling.

    Last year didn't we can an infusion and an ascended amulet? This year we get one dye, not one dye per character, which we've gotten all along.

    I'm not saying it has to be the same thing every year, and obviously making it better is bad because you can't maintain that. Ten year anniversary should be big and it would be okay for 11 to go backwards, but 8 and 9 should have roughly similar rewards...and that's simply not the case.

    submitted by /u/nagennif
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got my 9th year birthday title!

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 07:43 PM PDT

    My first Legendary! Floating purple balls with Aurora

    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 08:20 AM PDT

    I am Doubly Committed to this game

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 09:26 PM PDT

    For those who dont know, Mursaat Overseer CM already gives the title Committed and the 9th Birthday Title which just dropped is also Committed.

    We've been wondering for many years (since Wing 4 came out) what ArenaNet would do in this situation. Which one they would change, maybe the Birthday Title would be Blue like Extra Life, maybe they would change it to Truly Committed(Truly Nimble) among other possibilities. Today is the day. Turns out ArenaNet probably never noticed that we have 2 titles with the same name for this many years.

    This is what it looks like in the achievement panel: https://ibb.co/Wkc1jKH

    submitted by /u/ChoiceDuck
    [link] [comments]

    I finally did it! My first legendary weapon <3

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 01:00 PM PDT

    9th Year Anniversary "Committed"

    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 08:59 AM PDT

    Fun 2-player content for returning players?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 07:29 AM PDT

    Hey there! My wife and I are returning to GW2 after a hiatus for a few years and we're looking for stuff to do together. We've always spent our ingame time together clearing maps, but I wanted to see if there's fun content more geared towards pairs or small groups. We were adventuring together yesterday and stumbled upon a portal that took us to the Hidden Garden. We spent an hour or two exploring and finally got the Sylvan Chest open, and it was some of the most fun we've had playing games together in a while. Are there more experiences like this in the game?

    We also own the expansions, but haven't done much of the content yet (besides getting our gliders and raptors). Is that the way to go? And is it forgiving if one of us gets further ahead on expansion content than the other? Could I backtrack and help her progress? We tried doing fractals together, but didn't have fast enough DPS for the shaman boss on the first volcano stage. I understand these are doable with two players, and even soloable, but even level 1 seemed like a wall we couldn't pass with our current loadouts. Maybe we just need some tweaking, but we do tend to lean more towards casual exploration content than challenging combat anyways.

    Thanks for reading!

    submitted by /u/Oleaster
    [link] [comments]

    Found these guys hanging out in the Grove

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 06:35 PM PDT

    Here's to you, leyline squad. You asked for it. You got... DEES NUTS

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 09:20 PM PDT

    Y'all don't even know the hype I have.

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 12:34 PM PDT

    What the 9th Birthday Gift does

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 09:29 PM PDT

    It's just a reusable feast version of the Birthday Blaster cake. Gives 40 to all stats and a small bonus to magic find, karma, and exp. The feast itself lasts 5 minutes and has a 2 minute cooldown. Can stick it in a shared inventory slot and the cooldown is not shared between characters.

    More convenient than blasting an entire room full of people, but nothing groundbreaking.

    Edit: how the devil do I format a link that has a parentheses in the url?

    submitted by /u/SpitefulShrimp
    [link] [comments]

    Just entered Verdant Brink for the first time and I'm blown away!

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 12:06 PM PDT

    I just entered the first HoT map, got my gliding license, and oh my dog I am so excited for this game!

    I'm not exactly a new player, as I've been playing on and off for years, but I never really sank my teeth into it. Played a bunch of PVP, leveled 2 chars to 80, and tried a bunch more before deleting them. Never got into the story besides finishing the personal storyline which was pretty disappointing, honestly.

    But now that I've started doing HoT content, everything feels so fresh, I love the voice acting, and the story progression, the little cutscenes, the masteries, THE GLIDING, oh my god, I heard about it and I thought it was overrated, but then I tried it and the little parachute opened and HELL YES I LOVE GLIDING WHOOO!!

    And now I am so excited for EoD! I probably won't be able to finish all the story before it comes out, as I don't have too much time to play, but I will most certainly try!

    TL;DR: GAME GUD

    submitted by /u/HamsterKnight
    [link] [comments]

    Delectable Birthday Dyes

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 09:30 PM PDT

    As was predicted, they are the last six dyes in the "Exclusive" category, ending with "Limesicle".

    Unexpectedly (at least by me), it did not come in the character 9th Birthday Present, but in the Account Anniversary Box. This means (unless I'm mistaken), once per account, not once per character as we've grown accustomed to.

    EDIT: Popped open the 9th Birthday Present on a second character: 2 Birthday Boosters, 5 Teleport to Friend, Bag of Spirit Shards, Birthday Card, 2 Black Lion Statuettes

    submitted by /u/MagnifyingLens
    [link] [comments]

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly Events Schedule: August 23 – August 29 – GuildWars2.com

    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 09:12 AM PDT

    What items do you keep in your shared inventory slot?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 04:46 AM PDT

    Devs are working on a fix related to double Comitted title

    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 09:22 AM PDT

    So glad I stopped basing builds off metabattle and Snowcrows.

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 07:54 PM PDT

    Throughout my time playing Gw2 I have heavily relied on builds based of websites. Today, however, I finally finished a Plague Docotor Scourge build that I designed and love it.

    Don't get me wrong it might not be raid worthy and snowcrows has ita place, but I strongly urge people to get creative with the characters and see what they can do.

    submitted by /u/StillCorn
    [link] [comments]

    We need more copium for ele mains when pugging

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 11:59 AM PDT

    The (mis)adventures of a treasure mushroom!

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 09:53 AM PDT

    When you abuse "Consume all" and you muscle memory betrays you.

    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 07:34 AM PDT

    There should be more incentive to raid after your first clear of the week.

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 10:53 AM PDT

    Currently there are a couple problems with raids (well, many), but I think some are easy to fix.

    1. Incentive to raid AFTER you've killed a boss/full cleared.
    2. KP requirements.

    Currently there is very, very little tangible incentive to raid outside of your first kill of the week other than collections which you only do once or improvement/experience. Obviously an LI/LD is too much because then you could just spam easy bosses and be done your legendary armor basically instantly (though honestly LFG would be POPPIN if this were the case) BUT I think an easy alternative would be to put a DAILY reset on the decoration (KP) and 2 gold reward. This is not such an incentive that you feel pressured to raid daily but it's a little bit of gold and allows you to get a much more accurate KP.

    KP requirements tie right in. It does not matter if you kill a boss 50 times in 1 week, as far as anyone else is concerned you have killed that boss 1 time. This makes it really rough on newer or returning raiders. I quit right before W5 released and just returned 2 weeks ago and pugging Dhuum (especially CM) is difficult because I only have 2 tangible proofs that I've killed Dhuum when its actually been 10+ now.

    I don't think I'm asking anything crazy here but there is almost zero reason to redo a boss in a week which leaves LFG pretty dry

    E: Everyone seems to be taking my suggestion as the solution. I don't know what to suggest for a daily raid reward that would be "balanced". 2g per boss and another KP seems fine to me but maybe people would want a bit more.

    E2: u/P3RrYCH had the idea of tiered titles that upgrades/changes color as you get more and more clears (ie blue at 50 clears, purple at 100 clears etc) which I think would do a lot for incentive.

    submitted by /u/Jesdeath
    [link] [comments]

    WoW Refugee, Want to Know About This Community

    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 12:46 AM PDT

    Hey, as title says, I've recently left 12+ years of playing WoW because I've lost touch with the community as a whole in the past year (short version).

    I'd love to hear your Guild Wars 2 experiences. Questing, Guilds, monetization system, Raids, Dungeons, World Bosses, PvP, transmogs, endgame content - I know a lot of these terms are WoW-specific, but I'm just getting into GW2 and would love to hear about some of the experiences that make this community as welcoming/amazing as I've heard.

    submitted by /u/Gondallian
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment