• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 22, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 WvW Resources for Beginners and Veterans

    Guild Wars 2 WvW Resources for Beginners and Veterans


    WvW Resources for Beginners and Veterans

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 03:31 AM PDT

    Hello Reddit!

    With the Legendary Armory release, many players are now interested in getting Gift of Battle for legendaries, are interested in the upcoming Alliance system, or even looking to participate in the new bonus week for World vs World tomorrow (Friday 23) which is the perfect opportunity to share some of the work that I have been making for my website. I hope these resources are helpful and DON'T be a lootbag.

    Beginner's Guide to Guild Wars 2 World vs World

    A complete WvW Guide for Beginners, to give a start to people who are new to the game, and veterans that might be new to WvW

    Guide to Objectives, Upgrades, Improvements and Tactics in WvW

    A guide about how the WvW objectives and upgrades work

    WvW Legendary Armor Guide

    A guide to get your Legendary Armor from WvW

    Legendary Ring Conflux Guide

    A guide to get Conflux the Legendary Ring

    Legendary Back Item Warbringer Guide

    A guide to get Warbringer the Legendary Back Item

    WvW Zerg Meta Builds

    A list of the Zerg meta builds, which are a variation of the ones you can find on other sites (made by [VR] for players who want to run with their squad), because these are more versatile for PUGs. I still strongly recommend you check out GW2Mists anyway.

    WvW Roaming Builds

    A complete source of Roaming builds, which you might want to tweak for your playstyle. There is no meta for roaming, but my idea is to show how every class can be viable with the right build and gameplay. I have been uploading many roaming videos to show this, you can check out my Channel! And I'd like to keep adding more builds, so if you are a content creator let me know.

    Hope it helps!

    submitted by /u/GuildJen
    [link] [comments]

    There's 2 types of Tarir Meta player

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 07:15 AM PDT

    [SC] Twisted Marionette 10 man

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 08:00 AM PDT

    Hey,

    After the Marionette was released we were thinking about making a fun low man project out of it. For some context the private instance is a 50man event and does not scale with the amount of players in it so this is technically a 10people low man. Since the HRP1 Tournament is over we finally found the time for it yesterday evening and managed to pull it off in the end.

    About the strats and classes: We figured out that the platform only ascends 2times after the 2nd and the 4th round which makes it possible for you to portal up and kill 2 champions with one debuff. On my PoV(Yui) you can see me delaying the 4th round so the debuff runs out for the Reapers to do the 5th. We quickly came to the conclusion that the 5th round is by far the hardest one but we had to 5man it nonetheless to be able to 10man the whole event.

    For classes: Any class works as long as it can defend the Twisted Mobs from runnning in and is able to solo its champion. We went for Reapers and Firebrands because they both shine at soloing champions and Firebrands are a very strong cleave class especially with the power of the virtues traitline.

    Reapers also felt like the "safest" class to solo the 5th island on.

    Also thanks to Harry for participating at the start.

    Firebrand Reaper
    Yui Nika
    Stijn Luna
    Jerry Nico
    Cody Westet
    Elu Alex

    www.snowcrows.com

    submitted by /u/Yujisa
    [link] [comments]

    I have to show off my GW2 Guardian commission I had done. Link to the artist in the comments.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 03:23 PM PDT

    Mystic coins

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 03:05 PM PDT

    Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons First Look Livestream – GuildWars2.com

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 10:18 AM PDT

    What Is A Breakbar In Guild Wars 2 & Should You Even Care?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 08:12 AM PDT

    There and Back Again (Or How I Overcame Anxiety To Play A Funny Wide Norn in 2021)

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 06:30 PM PDT

    I love Guild Wars 2. On launch day, I made Crash Manflex, an enormous Norn Warrior, then spent the week barreling through tons and tons of content in green and blue gear, and scraped my way to 80 by reaching 400 cooking with the help of a guild that found me out at the Hoelbrak kitchens and tossed me an invite.

    Crash eventually lost his luster. I was on Tarnished Coast, after all, and as a Coastie, I didn't want to aggravate the sensibilities of my roleplaying peers. Plus, if I wanted to dip my toes into their world at all, I'd feel a little silly contending with these beautiful, thought-out names and high-effort outfits.

    So eventually, Crash got a name change. Then a full remodel. Now Crash is a hot lady norn with a different name, living a different life, and occasionally I look at her 400 Cooking level and sigh, fondly remembering the race to 80 and what it meant to me back in 2012.

    So why did the shine come off the apple? Well, if it isn't obvious, I was playing to appeal to the sensibilities of the people around me, rather than playing for my own fun. Performing to what I assumed was a standard being applied to me by my peers. Trying to live up to an expectation I assumed had been set for me.

    I stopped playing Crash, I hopped around characters, I found satisfaction in none of them. No matter how cool, how pretty, how fashionable I made my character, I felt a certain detachment. I kept thinking things to the effect of "I hope people like how I dressed up my doll. My super unique doll whose every detail I agonized over, right down to their name."

    If you're like me, you eventually come to understand that other people aren't thinking like this. Anxiety tells you that they do care, and that their silence means everything, when the truth is that they don't, and their silence means they got up to feed the cat.

    I confided in a friend how I felt about my GW2 characters and how they related to my anxiety, and she said something that really cleared things up for me. I'm paraphrasing here, but it was something to the effect of:

    Games are for supposed to be fun. If your character makes you laugh from the get-go, you'll get a lot more attached to them.

    Enter Hamburger Hurter, stage right.

    Hamburger Hurter is a three-foot-tall vector for me to make friends online. As Marie Kondo might say, he sparks joy. Not only in me, but in most everyone I meet! Something about logging into this minimum-height, maximum-width Norn and then using the Endless Miniature Tonic to achieve his canonical dimensions puts me in high spirits every time.

    I play every kind of content except raids. Let's be real, I'm a little scared of them. But I run into a lot of random players otherwise- in dungeons, in fractals, out in the open world- and just the fact that I'm playing for my own amusement makes all the difference in the world. I'm more eager to connect with other players, tell jokes and share how I'm feeling. There's something disarming about the character that lets me be myself. It's the same magical something that let me make friends with my first guild back in 2012.

    So why come onto reddit and say all this? Because I'm not the only one on earth with anxiety, for one. Maybe I was uniquely neurotic about characters, or maybe someone out there can relate, and they can also reclaim some of the pure joy that comes from making a character that cheers them up. If you're out there and you stress over the littlest things, trying to be perfectly comfortable in a community that you never seem to completely mesh with...

    Maybe our friend Weird Al had it right. Maybe we should dare to be stupid.

    submitted by /u/robotmoxie
    [link] [comments]

    A noble purpose inspires sacrifice - For me it cost an eye and a leg

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 04:17 AM PDT

    PSA: Lady Wisteria Whiskington

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 08:22 AM PDT

    Don't forget to get this lovely lady for your home instance when you do Confessor's End.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lady_Wisteria_Whiskington

    submitted by /u/daspang
    [link] [comments]

    Wrongfully banned in the past, now again. Need help.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 02:28 PM PDT

    I've been playing this game for 9 years, since the first beta. Over the years and through thousands of hours online, I got over 35k AP, rank above 1k in WvW, 80 in PvP, amassed a large collection of skins of all kind, and a lot more.

    Throughout this time, I would get banned occasionally (for no wrongdoing on my part), by their automatic system, which they later justified as "protecting my high value account" as in the response to ticket 6945067:

    After reviewing each of the accounts we can determine that they were preemptively blocked by mistake. For that reason we have restored each account and you should be able to login normally without any issues.

    The reason for this mistake is our security system thought your accounts were in danger of being compromised and due to the high value the system didn't want you to lose anything.

    However, this is not the reason I am writing this post. Starting from Tuesday, June 22, my account has been permanently blocked, and I was given the following response two weeks hence (ticket 8171272):

    Reviewing our logs, we found that this account has been receiving large quantities of gold through the trading post that was obtained through fraudulent means.

    In other words, it means some items I had listed on the TP were bought with fraudulent gold.

    I want to stipulate; other than raiding, doing guild missions, playing new content and festivals, and obviously using the TP, I participated in no wrongdoings or Terms of Service violations. Moreover, it is absurd to suffer penalties for having listed items on the Trading Post for the following reasons:

    1) The trading post is anonymous and public, I cannot control whomever buys listed items.

    2) This ban sets a dangerous precedent, where honest players are risking their accounts whenever they list items on the TP.

    3) Banning a player for selling items for counterfeit gold is tantamount to incriminating a retailer for having sold an item for counterfeit money.

    If anyone can help bringing this issue with Anet support personnel, or has any advice in this matter, I would greatly appreciate it. I already asked for escalation a week ago and waiting for a response.

    submitted by /u/John_6027
    [link] [comments]

    One glowing salad pls

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 09:34 AM PDT

    Mystic Weapon Prices have made HOT Specialization collections not worth doing

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 10:30 AM PDT

    The general rapid inflation of mystic coins alongside the depreciation of ascended materials have resulted in these collections costing more than double the cost of crafting ascended straight out.

    When HOT launched, ascended material prices were more than double their current price, while mystic coin prices were at less than a fourth of their current price. It's unfortunate. Path of Fire thankfully doesn't have this issue since it isn't tied to mystic weapons or coins.

    submitted by /u/kalkin55
    [link] [comments]

    Gw2 is far superior I don’t get the ff14 hype?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 10:22 AM PDT

    Can anyone explain to me why ff14 is getting so much attention right now? I have played over 1300 hours of gw2 and I went to play ff14, I got to max level and I wanted to cut my eyes out… I couldn't even play the msq it was so boring and repetitive… it legit made me enjoy gw2 story mode LOL after coming back to gw2 for a while I think it's very similar to ff14 but better IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE.

    submitted by /u/sologhost7
    [link] [comments]

    New Youtuber joins Gw2

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 04:25 AM PDT

    After 3v3 season started for some reasons i played 3 games 5v5 on mini season maps, now my pvp menu for rankeds stuck on these 3 games. I already play 15 games 3v3 and got into leaderboard but still no change. Anyone got something like this before ?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 08:04 AM PDT

    New type of bot farming (keys?) in Dredgehaunt?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 04:40 AM PDT

    I am doing map completion in Dredgehaunt Cliffs at the moment, and I keep seeing people's names pop in and out in the floor.

    It's not just for collecting gathering nodes, it happens near heart vendor items to be handed in too.

    Is there some new type of bot to farm black lion keys in that map?

    It's hard to make a printscreen of it, because it's only a split second and it doesn't happen as frequently (yet?) as it did in Dragon's Stand.

    EDIT: I managed to grab 1 printscreen. This will have to do for now: https://imgur.com/d9p2rBI

    This particular screen was made at this place on the world map: https://imgur.com/jvNSMVA

    However, i saw it at other parts in the map as well.

    submitted by /u/SuperRetardedDog
    [link] [comments]

    How Druidy does the Ranger profession feel?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 06:23 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    I've been an on and off super casual GW2 player for a while now, and it kinda flew under my radar that we have a Druid class. Druid is almost always my favorite class in RPG and MMOs - but on the other side of the spectrum - rangers / bow classes are always my least favorite.

    I just love doing nature magic, animal spirits, chilling with animals, and I extra like it if I can mix soime sort melee with it (Warden in ESO or Loremaster in LOTRO).

    So - if I'm going to play 80 classes with a Ranger before I unlock Druid, do you think it feels like a pre-Druid? Do they have some sort of magic at least? And can I avoid bows? I love when a Druid (or any class I play) uses staff and sword.

    I did read the skills and didn't really see magic - just a couple spirit animals, but I wanted to get some opinions.

    For now I've been playing mesmer, since melee/magic mixed classes are my second favorite (although maybe Guardian might have been a better option for me).

    Thank you all.

    submitted by /u/videodroner
    [link] [comments]

    I found this in the caudecus instance, don't know what kind of monster is on it

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 02:00 PM PDT

    Anyone having problems with excessive legendary runes?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 05:03 AM PDT

    As the title says, I made 9 legendary runes but 2 are remaining in my bank while 7 are bound to the armory. So far Anet does not refund these runes since they are bound to the armory but are not in it. Since I do not have the proof myself that I had them before the armory they are not willing to refund.

    Just want to know if there are more ppl around with the same problem.

    submitted by /u/Aggravating-Youth838
    [link] [comments]

    The new PVP ranked is amazing!

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 08:32 AM PDT

    It just shows perfectly how badly balanced this game is. You have scourges and necros that have such fat aoes that its impossible to avoid. Also they have so much spam that you cant get close without getting every possible debuff available. Also they can just pull every downed person into their aids soup and pick them up instantly. Then you have the boon spam guard that has unlimited stability and just resses everything with his signet from every range, while moving. Also anet realised that rallying isnt as competetive as they thought and disabled it in (most of)fractals/raids. But for some odd reason it's absolutely fine in pvp. Where every fight is decided as soon as someone is rallying from the the other teams death.

    submitted by /u/woodyplz
    [link] [comments]

    Interesting Solution to the Mystic Coin Problem

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 05:05 PM PDT

    What if Anet added a new daily on a random Meta event that awarded 1-2 MCs when completed? It would give life to some older maps and would be a fun daily to complete with the community.

    submitted by /u/wingmanmia
    [link] [comments]

    Where to start

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 08:05 AM PDT

    Okay so I haven't hopped on yet but I'm probably going to later today, I played a couple years ago but don't remember anything, anyways I'm thinking about buying the expansions but I don't know if I should just go free to play until I complete all the core stuff or should I get the expansions and then start, also any tips would be much appreciated

    submitted by /u/okbrosephski
    [link] [comments]

    Which champions and map do i farm?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 07:14 AM PDT

    Which map or area do I farm the champions and why? What are the best maps for level 80? Should I aim for gold/hr or any specific loot? I noticed Kessex Hills still has alot of people doing the champion train (I used to do that alot years ago), and alot of them are maxed, why r they farming that map? are there better maps and are bandit champions preferable to other champions? Are champion trains even popular nowadays?

    submitted by /u/LonelyKaleidoscope40
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment