• Breaking News

    Friday, July 16, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 Davy Jones

    Guild Wars 2 Davy Jones


    Davy Jones

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 05:00 AM PDT

    So I did a single run of Twisted Marionette during the bonus events today and got this out of a Bonus Box of Goods...

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 09:07 PM PDT

    Eve Emberwood | Norn Elementalist

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 06:31 AM PDT

    Inside ArenaNet: Live Game Outage Analysis – GuildWars2.com

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 09:01 AM PDT

    Chuka and Champawat Flavor Text

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 03:58 AM PDT

    Anyone else find it hard dodging Marionettes stomps for the achievement?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 10:13 PM PDT

    Don't get me wrong the stomps are very easy to dodge but like... I don't want to you know? Each time I have the chance to dodge I can't help my self and I just stand there as she steps on me with her massive heel. It's just so fucking hot. Anyone else having this issue?

    submitted by /u/MissingInAkron
    [link] [comments]

    ArenaNet - Let's capitalize on the recent negativity towards WoW, and bring more new players in!

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 09:47 PM PDT

    ArenaNet - Let's capitalize on the recent negativity towards WoW, and bring more new players in!

    If you've been out of the loop, WoW and it's player base has been going through a period of turmoil given gripes with the recent 9.1 patch and Blizzard's unwillingness to listen to their paying subscribers. Huge streamers, content creators, and large swaths of the WoW player base have been exploring other options, namely FFXIV and hyping up new upcoming releases (Ashes of Creation, New World).

    Google trends shows the whole story:

    https://preview.redd.it/kquomio49ib71.png?width=1174&format=png&auto=webp&s=44ed5c8cb2efc29752ac84242891c1a8e2eabbfb

    Why isn't any of this attention going to GW2?

    I think ArenaNet has a real opportunity here, at this exact moment in time, to make a huge push to garner some more interest from MMO players who are leaving WoW and have the tangible desire to switch games. In the past few months, we've seen real examples of ArenaNet listening to the community and refocusing their efforts on things we want; now, lets get more people in on the ride!

    Some suggestions:

    - Don't underestimate the value of influencer marketing (low spend, high return if done right)

    - GW2 and all its innovations were made as a reaction to systems/gripes players had from other, more traditional MMOs. The selling point is the beautiful game you've made with all the conveniences/QoL features you've included for free for us. Raise the flag on how your MMO differs in this way; players crave this already.

    - RIDE THE TREND, CAPITILIZE ON THIS TREND, these opportunities only come every so often.

    submitted by /u/sour_vv
    [link] [comments]

    Chibi Sylvari I did for a friend!

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 05:43 PM PDT

    Transcendence Flavor Text

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 07:19 AM PDT

    Goodbye Old Friend. We had a fun couple of years. But Fashion law dictates I must be flashy now.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 06:42 AM PDT

    Mighty Teapot’s Ultimate Beginner’s Guide: Gear and Attributes – GuildWars2.com

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 09:03 AM PDT

    Compensation for excess legendary armor

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 01:49 PM PDT

    Finally going to play a mmorpg and make my childhood dreams come true!

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 01:11 PM PDT

    Greetings GW2 Players. Im here to introduce myself to this community. I think this is really more for myself to organize my thoughts , its important I get this out of my system because playing a massive mmorpg like GW2 has been a very much delayed passion of mine.

    I have loved MMORPGs since runescape days. When I first learned about the World of Warcraft I was so excited that I couldnt sleep. It was my dream to play this game for hours, deep into the night like the real gamer that I was. A simple teenage gamer life with little to no parental control, the good old days. Unfortunately a few months after WoW came out I was invited to visit family out of the US (I lived in the US with my mom who bought me the game, thanks mom!). I was 15 years old at the time and only got a few months of WoW in before I had to leave. The visit to the third world country where I was invited was supposed to be 3 months but I was tricked, lied to, and prevented from returning home against my will for many years (long story, was super depressing I wont bore you with the details). Anyways by the time I escaped back home it was many years later and I was a very different person, no longer a simple minded gamer. I tried playing WoW in college but with studies and everything else I cant really say that my dream to play a massive mmorpg was being fulfilled. The game was different, I was different. After college a bunch of family issues came up again and I was occupied traveling, living in a different place every year for almost a decade, not ideal for a simple gamer life. After that I got married , had a child, and started my own company. The real life grind had begun. 5 years later I just sold the company, moved my family to a nice place to live in Europe (USA turning really sour imo), bought a ultrawide monitor, and here I am ready to finally get into what has been pending in the back of my mind for so many years. I chose GW2 , that seems to be the most appealing mmorpg right now for me.

    All I really want is to play an mmorpg and be part of a community. I never really liked having real life friends. Couldn't really handle more then one or two at any given point in my life. I became "successful" by society standards but I dont care for any of that either. My dream has always been to have a group of online friends and to tackle hard game content with them hours on end in a massive online fantasy world! I never got around to it but I want to finally try now.

    Thats all. I just wanted to type this out, not really sure why.. maybe because I have wanted this for so long and its finally happening I am so very excited! Its like a new beginning for me, finally stepping into something that's been so important but dormant in the back of my mind while I've been thrown here and there by the game of life. I'm finally ready! Going to try and find a guild on the official forums now and maybe see you in the world of Tyria!

    Edit: Ok so reading that over I should probably clarify the friends thing because that came out a bit untrue about me not liking real life friends: Real Life Friends are definitely good and necessary for a healthy life! I made a ton of great friends during my adventures and we had amazing experiences together. I just never really cared to accumulate as many people around me as possible. I felt very satisfied with a smaller but higher quality social circle and that was enough for me on a daily basis. I knew lots of people I considered friends but really only made effort to spend my time with the couple of closer friends. Hopefully that clarifies it.

    submitted by /u/Mithcol
    [link] [comments]

    GW2 TACO Map Timer Update 7/16/21

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 06:19 AM PDT

    Gw2 TACO Maptimer update 7/16/21 V2 - Pastebin.com

    (updated to include seasonal events from u/SpasticExcursion https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/olgpq0/gw2_taco_map_timer_update_71621/h5ei4z1?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3)

    Updated maptimer.xml file to match content and layout of timers on Event timers - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) as of 7/16/21, I will try to make updates and to the timer as new events are released.

    How to install.

    Option 1:

    Copy the text from the raw paste data from the paste bin link

    Open your GW2 TACO folder

    Open the maptimer.xml file with notepad or notepad++

    Select all the text and delete it

    Paste in the text from pastebin

    Save the file and restart GW2 TACO

    Option 2:

    Click the download button on the pastbin link

    Rename the downloaded file to "maptimer.xml"

    Drag and drop the downloaded file into your GW2 TACO flolder and chose to replace

    Restart GW2 TACO

    I tried making headers like they have on the wiki page, but was not happy with the end result. The headers are currently commented out, delete the "<!--" and "-->" tags to add them back in. (if anyone knows how to make categories or headers for the map timer let me know and I will include it in the next update)

    submitted by /u/Smokey42356
    [link] [comments]

    Faren... not now

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 06:13 PM PDT

    An Armory/Template Suggestion: Favorite weapons

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 06:56 AM PDT

    An issue with using legendary sigils and weapons is that everything is forgotten when the weapon is removed from a template.

    Re-equipping the weapon will require re-selecting any stats, sigils, and/or skins; which results in ascended weapons and normal sigils being more convenient for many use cases.

    This is an issue specific to weapons due to how skills are tied to weapons. Very few builds require you to take off your pants, but some require you to take off your shield.

    My suggestion is to allow for a small number of 'Favorite' weapons; which would just be a handful of 1 slot equipment templates per character.

    The favorite slots would then be handled almost entirely via the Copy and Equip from features that already exist. Just Copy any currently equipped/configured weapon to a favorite weapon (Copy to Favorite 1). Then 'Equip From' or 'Copy to' should work to re-equip the weapon later (Equip from putting the weapon into a specific slot, while Copy To would act similar to double clicking a weapon in inventory).

    Equipment stored in a favorite slot would not fall out of the template system and into the inventory when unequipped from a build; and should be readily accessible from any template on the character. This should preserve Stats, Weapon Skin, Infusions, and Sigils for a Legendary Weapon. Normal Sigils would simply stay put like with an equipment template. Legendary Sigils should stay in place and Selected on a normal weapon.

    I threw together a small mockup of what I'm trying to explain... :

    https://imgur.com/y0vugTR

    While this would help non-legendary equipment less; it would make jumping to one or two legendary sigils much more practical, and it would still save a few inventory slots for completely non-legendary items. These slots would probably not be available between characters though, so it wouldn't help with using an ascended weapon on multiple characters.

    I'm not sure how many slots would be good to work with; but I would think at least 4 or more.

    submitted by /u/SomeguyStuffdoer
    [link] [comments]

    The Twisted Marionette is back; Escape from Lion's Arch when?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 05:37 AM PDT

    Since people enjoyed my Mordrem look here's one for the edgelords.

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 10:27 AM PDT

    Sylvari waking up be like...

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 10:26 AM PDT

    HoT & PoF Map Completion Routes with TacO Markers - Barefoot Edition - Non-Mount/Minimal Mastery Requirements

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 02:05 PM PDT

    Another Part of my Non-Mount Map Completion routes is here:-) This time it covers all HoT and PoF maps. There is no way how to complete those maps without certain masteries, however, there are ways how to bypass most of them.

    Routes are as always - single uninterrupted line, but are made in the way where you need the absolute minimum amount of masteries possible - thus it's as new player friendly as possible. Requirements are as follows:

    Heart of Thorns (No Mounts, only HoT masteries required)

    • Verdant Brink - Gliding rank 2, Itzel Lore rank 1, Nuhoch Lore rank 2
    • Auric Basin - Gliding rank 2, Itzel Lore rank 1, Nuhoch Lore rank 2
    • Tangled Depths - Gliding rank 2, Itzel Lore rank 1, Nuhoch Lore rank 2
    • Dragon's Stand - Gliding rank 6, Itzel Lore rank 1

    Path of Fire (Badic Mounts, only PoF Masteries required)

    • Crystal Oasis - Raptor rank 3
    • Desert Highlands - Raptor rank 3, Springer rank 3
    • Elon Riverlands - Raptor rank 3, Springer rank 3, Skimmer rank 1
    • The Desolation - Raptor rank 3, Springer rank 3, Skimmer rank 1
    • Domain of Vabbi - Raptor rank 3, Springer rank 3, Skimmer rank 1

    Video Guides Playlist

    Marker Pack Download: http://tekkitsworkshop.net/index.php/gw2-taco/download

    Installation

    TacO & Markers Installation

    • Download the latest version of GW2 TacO
    • Extract TacO from the archive somewhere - I recommend Guild Wars 2 folder.
    • Download ALL-IN-ONE markers pack from my website.
    • Move downloaded tw_ALL_IN_ONE.taco file into the POIs folder inside the GW2TacO folder (do not unpack it!). Override if asked.
    • You may have to allow using archives from other sources in the file properties or repack the archive (just rename .taco to .zip) it as your own if you don't have admin privileges in Windows.
    • Launch the game in Windowed Full-Screen mode and TacO as an Admin (does not work on Mac).
    • You can toggle my markers in TacO menu -> Filter Displayed Tactical Markers -> Tekkit's Guides ->

    Check this for a more in-depth TacO guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quKSP6hdqFo

    If You like my work, you can support me on PATREON:-) https://www.patreon.com/TekkitsWorkshop

    Or directly via PayPal https://paypal.me/TekkitWorkshop

    Enjoy:-P

    submitted by /u/sankurix
    [link] [comments]

    Here's My Simple "Monk" Daredevil (others have shared thought I'd join in)

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 04:42 PM PDT

    The Issue of Living World Costs to New Players

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 08:16 AM PDT

    I think the best thing would be for Anet to make S2/3/4 and Icebrood Saga free outright with End of Dragons, and indeed it might be possible that is what they have planned. Obviously it would be for the best if they communicated this in advance if it's the plan though.

    But if not, as the revisiting of S2/3 (and presumably S4 and IBS - a very unfortunate acronym worthy of a double facepalm) has been going really well, Anet could make this a regular cycle. I think most of us would agree that having the older Living World as paid content at this point creates not merely a cost barrier but probably also some measure of bad feeling with new players who buy PoF (and previously HoT + PoF). Yes, it is a big chunk of content, and represents a lot of work on the part of Anet, but buying an expansion and then finding out you have to pay even more for some of the expansion content is not going to endear new players at all. Giving new players the choice to get all the content "free" eventually or to unlock it sooner via the gemstore if they are impatient could go a long way to reducing that potential feeling of being a bit cheated. It would also give a further incentive on top of daily rewards for regular logging in.

    As a bonus, I think it would further have the benefit of making these older maps not just more popular for a week or two, but on an ongoing basis, as the knowledge that more people are working on the same achievements will draw players back. At the moment, even on Dailies days, it isn't always easy to find people for bounties for example, especially for S3. Just seeing other players makes a big difference to how the game feels, even to solo players.

    submitted by /u/Dimac99
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment