• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 3, 2021

    Guild Wars Transforming GW1 Screenshots to Paintings

    Guild Wars Transforming GW1 Screenshots to Paintings


    Transforming GW1 Screenshots to Paintings

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 06:40 AM PDT

    To motivate more entrants to my screenshot contest, I am revealing the "secret" motivation behind it.

    I have discovered a way to turn GW1 screenshots into different styles of art. Here you can find a bunch of examples that I have made from some of the entrants to the screenshot contest.

    I use a website that uses Neural Networks to turn a picture into a different visual style. You give it a picture, and a "style", and it will turn the picture into that style. For example, with this screenshot, I used this style (the jade sea concept art), and got this as an output. My goal is to get some nice unique images that can be printed on a canvas like this post.

    I will create an "art piece" for every submission to the screenshot contest. So if you're interested, go and submit something. Winners will also receive in game rewards! Deadline for the contest submissions is 2pm EST on Sunday June 6th!

    submitted by /u/bluecheez
    [link] [comments]

    Problem running GW on Ubuntu

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 04:35 PM PDT

    I've been trying to configure GW with Wine. Wine is correctly installed and up to date, and so is my distro (Pop! OS)

    gwsetup.exe is already in the appropriate location to run (.wine\drive_c\windows\system32\gwsetup.exe)

    When I input: wine gwsetup.exe

    I get this message every time

    0009:err:module:__wine_process_init L"C:\\windows\\system32\\gwsetup.exe" not found

    I even tried running winecfg and adding gwsetup.exe to the program list, but nothing happened. Every other help post I've seen about running gw with wine get the message that gwsetup.exe was incompatible, but in this instance Wine doesn't even see it! Anyone have a clue?

    submitted by /u/surfdork
    [link] [comments]

    Another fun ele build

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 10:28 AM PDT

    Another fun ele build

    Obviously it's anything but useful. Doesn't stop me from running it tho.

    OgBCoMzkYVOUPkTzYFD4uYsI

    https://preview.redd.it/z8e413jg0w271.png?width=457&format=png&auto=webp&s=6d6f7794a6ee20fcebc078ad410a1903c8c40f72

    submitted by /u/Ionenschatten
    [link] [comments]

    Least boring GWAMM class? (Prophicies)

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 10:21 AM PDT

    I'm starting a new character with a friend whose never played before next week. He has decided on ranger and I'm still trying to figure out what I want to play. I have a warrior main and a paragon main both of which have 15 titles maxed so melee is sorta out of the question.

    I am stretched between elementalist, necro and monk. We are trying to do ironman for purist sake but I thought about getting a dervish out to ascalon post searing. Is it possible to be run to ascalon as like a lvl5 dervish? I can't shake my love for melee classes and I love their variety in equipment and skills.

    Ps. Would it be boring if we both played ranger?

    submitted by /u/ConstablePenguin
    [link] [comments]

    Another returning player!

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 07:35 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I just recovered my account after about 9 years away. I haven't played since I was around 13 and apparently, child-me had a way better handle on things than I.

    Completely overwhelmed on where to begin! Would really appreciate if somebody could add me in game and help me sort my stuff out. Got a few 20's, but wanting to play my original Necromancer, my character that gave me a love of all things minions. Struggling to find a foothold on where to begin (yes I am trawling through countless wiki's), regarding equipment, builds for my hero's and what to get working towards!

    Big thanks in advance. Feels great to be back.

    submitted by /u/Throwawaylnm1147
    [link] [comments]

    Advanced hero micro tips?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 07:56 AM PDT

    I'm working through some of the more challenging content and was trying to set up hero hotkeys that are manageable.

    Is there any way to bind hero 1 2 3 4, and the skill of my choice to the same key? Think 4 Rangers all sundering at the same time. When I tried to bind them all at once, it just overwrite the previous heroes bound key and ultimately the only way I can figure to manually control them would be to physically press 4 different bound keys which isn't really something you can do with all 8 skills, as it would require 32 bound keys.

    Also, if there is a way to macro it, is that bannable?

    submitted by /u/0perationFail
    [link] [comments]

    Problem taking screenshots.

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 10:47 AM PDT

    I'm not quite sure why, but lately, when attempting to take screenshots, nothing happens.
    Well, there is the momentary delay of the action taking place (sort of a stutter), but no message in the chat, and nothing in the screenshots folder.
    I have uninstalled, renamed the old screenshots folder to something else, reinstalled, same problem.
    Has anyone else experienced this, and does anyone have a workaround for this?

    submitted by /u/Blippedyblop
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment