• Breaking News

    Friday, May 28, 2021

    Guild Wars Found this gem from my original account creation today.

    Guild Wars Found this gem from my original account creation today.


    Found this gem from my original account creation today.

    Posted: 27 May 2021 09:49 PM PDT

    Am I doing something wrong? (The Frost Gate)

    Posted: 28 May 2021 01:06 AM PDT

    I've been playing Guild Wars recently and have been enjoying it until now, but I've gotten to the point where I'm getting absolutely destroyed in missions.

    I got to the Frost Gate mission where every enemy pack has a healer or two, which itself is a bit hard to DPS down with just me + the henchmen. Then I wiped twice because the henchmen ran off into a second enemy pack after getting aggroed.

    Did I miss something on the way here? I'd say my build is pretty good for this stage in the game, and I haven't had much trouble up until this point but now I'm getting my ass handed to me and the henchmen are causing more harm than good at this point. I've had to redo a mission at least three times because of them.

    submitted by /u/PlotchyThePyro
    [link] [comments]

    1/30 GWAMM or bust

    Posted: 27 May 2021 12:01 PM PDT

    Where can i get party points?

    Posted: 27 May 2021 10:38 PM PDT

    need 6k until title is maxed!

    submitted by /u/HouseOfTheDragon
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for *sealed* Collector's Edition or regular game copies

    Posted: 27 May 2021 08:12 PM PDT

    Hi. Some years ago I threw away all my copies of Guild Wars, but now I got back into and I'm really beginning to regret that decision. I love this game and would like to own it physically once more, preferably in Collector's Editions. Do copies like that even exist and where might one obtain them?

    For Prophecies, I used to own the copy that says "Over 3 million players" on the front. It was a thick box made of white-ish plastic. Not sure which edition exactly that is. For Factions, I used to own the one with a picture of Nika and in the same fat and solid box as Prophecies. I think these two had sleeves too. And for Nightfall I had the one with the hooded Dervish, again in the fat and solid box. I'm not interested in EotN.

    So now I would like to either get the exact same copies that I did have, or, if possible, the Collector's Editions with unclaimed keys. It seems to me unlikely that all existing copies of these games have been sold, so I'm puzzled as to why I can't find them anywhere (unused, that is).

    submitted by /u/Feysiriel
    [link] [comments]

    Buying Complete Collection in 2021?

    Posted: 27 May 2021 05:22 PM PDT

    Hello!

    I'm interested in picking up the Guild Wars Complete Collection, but I'm not sure where the best place to do so is.

    The official GW site seems to have it for $40, but the page doesn't load very well (images seem to be broken?) and I'm curious as to if I could get a better deal somewhere else. Would anyone have any recommendations on where to pick up my copy?

    submitted by /u/HippomanRed
    [link] [comments]

    Out of pre searing - lvl 1

    Posted: 27 May 2021 03:48 PM PDT

    Hello there,

    As many of us, i have done most of the things possible in this game. To keep the fun going, Id like to do some low level character (maybe with FoW armor). Here is my question : i heard that it was possible to get out of pre searing level 1. I tried, but inevitably end lvl 2 after the mandatory primary quests. Is this really possible? How? Any insight is welcome !

    submitted by /u/RTLxhi
    [link] [comments]

    Yet another returning player, some questions

    Posted: 27 May 2021 12:43 PM PDT

    Hello everyone! Used to be obsessed with this game a decade+ ago, had a GWAMM Warrior and Mesmer, unlocked every skill and did some PvP, had 5 or so account-wide titles maxed, ruined my GPA back in school, gave away all my gold/ecto when I had to quit, yeah yeah etc etc. Who cares, I just feel like playing this game again!

    I've accepted that I'm the type of person that prefers to focus on only one character at a time, so I'm looking to pick a primary that can kind of do everything (farming or running (some way to make money), heroing, teaming, maybe casual PvP) and also be able to join SC's or more tryhard-y things. There's already lots of discussion about this here and I've done some reading on it, so my question about it is: for people who either PUG or run organized content / SC's regularly, which primary professions seem to be more "in demand" or more "wanted"?

    I also have some other questions:

    • Before I quit, I got LDoA on an Ele, a Ranger, and a Necro and took all three post-searing in preparation for my next GWAMMs, ran them to various outposts in Tyria, and then never played them due to quitting. I logged onto the Ranger today and found some wacky things? His build had defaulted to some sort of generic Expert's Dexterity build (5 skills, 2 empty slots, 1 res signet) despite never learning anything beyond pre-searing skills. Furthermore for some reason he has 3m experience, 229 skill points, and has a rank 10 Ebon Vanguard title without even starting the EV questline or visiting any dungeons, nor stepping foot into the Charr Homeland zones. The only mission he has done is Sanctum Cay which was part of the tour, and hasn't gotten out of Istan in Elona. Really weird. Despite the 3m experience coming out of nowhere he doesn't have the Survivor title (I don't know if the 310k exp on it correlates to anything, but it's oddly close to his EV title points). The character seems fine otherwise, but... what? Is this some sort of bizarre corruption that happened at one point? Picture: https://i.imgur.com/Kttw3GC.jpg (The Ele and Necro seem to be normal) EDIT: All my other characters and storage seem to be normal.
    • Running people to outposts was something I genuinely enjoyed doing during downtime. I'm kind of flabbergasted at the prices I'm seeing now: why would anyone bother farming if just running someone from LA to Droks is 15ecto or so? I charged like 4k gold/tips for that run back in the day! I don't think I understand the economics of this unless those e's are typos. Also, if I do decide to fix up my Ranger, are there any outpost runs that Ranger wouldn't be able to do compared to Dervish? It'd just be a bit slower, right? Shadow Form is different than I remember.
    • Are Mercenary Hero teams significantly stronger than non-Mercs, or is it a small power increase? I see the PvXWiki has a 3-Mesmer and a 5-Mesmer team; what's the disparity of things in speed/reliability they can do? I probably won't drop money on it anyways, but I'm still interested to know.
    • I am VERY confused by the HA matches I am seeing in the observer window. Most teams seem to be 1 player with hench that go AFK at spawn or after first death. I guess it's not really a question now that I looked at the pinned topic here -- it's people syncing on extra accounts. I remember this being a minor discussion point back when I played but never really saw it in action. If I went into HA with hench, would I get mass false reported for fighting them? Do you need to full-team HA to be safe from this?

    Thanks! Looking forward to messing around in this game again, regardless of what I end up playing!

    submitted by /u/Veracor
    [link] [comments]

    Settle a debate I'm having in the GW2 subreddit: Is Guild Wars an MMO?

    Posted: 27 May 2021 07:12 AM PDT

    Debate here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/nm792v/is_the_game_still_very_active_2021_eu/gzmz5u7?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

    I'm absolutely shocked that at least one person doesn't think it's an MMO. Maybe I'm wrong (hence the poll) but I don't believe that ArenaNet's chosen terminology for marketing has any impact on what it actually is. They may call it an CoRPG (whatever that is), but I don't see that stopping it being an MMO. They could call it a flight simulator and it wouldn't make it one lol.

    But maybe I'm wrong! Let's see what the community thinks.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/VegetableWest6913
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment