• Breaking News

    Friday, March 19, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 Warning, really bad joke; "Charmmander"

    Guild Wars 2 Warning, really bad joke; "Charmmander"


    Warning, really bad joke; "Charmmander"

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 06:17 PM PDT

    Had a bit of free time and wanted to share my updated group pic from 2014. :D

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 02:29 AM PDT

    I haven't seen a sight like this in so long. This is what dungeons need, a reason to play them.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 06:08 PM PDT

    A great encounter I had with a random player today... I love this community!

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 08:50 PM PDT

    Earlier today I was participating in a race (I finished last) when another racer PMed me noticing I had all default mount skins and asked if I would like some help getting skins. Not going to lie at first I thought I was witnessing a scam attempt but went with it anyway. Next thing I know this LEGEND mails me three contracts that allowed me to pick my own skins!!! Vrizzle if you are reading this you are such an awesome human being and you made my week! Generosity like this is why this community has the great reputation it does. If you are reading this I appreciate you and think what you are doing is awesome!!

    submitted by /u/captainwoozy
    [link] [comments]

    I made a Tybalt version of the this is fine emoji for discord servers!

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 09:35 PM PDT

    Two ideas I had for an EoD Mesmer elite spec - a Minstrel/Tree Singer chaos archer and an illusion shattering hammer-wielder

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 07:36 PM PDT

    auto loot chest keybind?

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 07:38 AM PDT

    So talking in another thread, about gamepad support and all that.

    There are a few elements that are hard to do with gamepad. But I worry about what is considered banable

    My understanding, one logical button press to one game button press.

    As in I press A on my game pad it is simply "Jump" or Space, nothing more

    But the question I have is more about, what about a mouse movement, not a press, just simply moving the mouse to a defined location, such as over one of the UI loot chests, then R-click

    Is the motion of the mouse against Terms?

    Or should I make 2 gamepad buttons, one to move and one to open? (in this case, R-click)

    I like playing gamepad, it's relaxing to lean back and play a game, and not have to reach forward that much just to perform a simple action.

    submitted by /u/darkvulpine
    [link] [comments]

    Why hasn't this been made into an emote yet? It's already in game.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 02:05 PM PDT

    Need help - Missing letter

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 07:59 AM PDT

    Not sure if this is the right place to post but I need help - I'm trying to start the latest Icebrood Saga story, Champions. Note, I haven't completed the previous chapters.

    I'm supposed to receive a letter to let me start this but I didn't receive it. It works when I tried on another character but I can't do this on my main. I've tried quitting the episode and then going back to it but still no letter. Has this happened to anyone before?

    submitted by /u/shersaken
    [link] [comments]

    GW2 easter eggs?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 04:02 PM PDT

    My favorite is probably the Sorrow's Embrace Terminator 2 reference at the end. What are some of your favorites

    submitted by /u/gonnabeinteresting
    [link] [comments]

    GeForce Now membership price doubling, existing subscriptions grandfathered into original price

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 02:21 PM PDT

    New gaming gear but still no real improvement

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 04:10 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I got a new gaming pc with an i7-10700K 8×3,80 cpu and nvidia geforce rtx 3070 8gb gpu and 16gb ram. I installed the dx12 mod and my graphic settings are all on high except for shadows (none), reflection (none), postprocessing (none) and character model limit and quality to medium.

    And I still can't get over 50 fps as soon as there are 3 people on my map. This can't be right. Does someone have an idea what could be causing this?

    submitted by /u/Intelligent-Ad-9126
    [link] [comments]

    TP request: always let us set our own prices, even if those partially collide with other bids

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 09:48 AM PDT

    edit: in response to a comment, this isn't meant to be a direct request to ANET, more of an "open letter"/discussion

    I'm almost certain this request must have come up before but I can't find it anywhere, and have no idea what key words to search for anyway. If it has been addressed before as being too difficult to fix, please let me know in the comments. Now, bear with me:

    You're trying to buy 400 large claws quickly but for a cheap price. The highest bid is currently 2187 buys at 65c, and the lowest sell is 2 sells at 66c. However, the next lowest sell is 276 sells at 88c. The rational thing at this point would be to put 250 and then another 150 buys at 66c, but you can't. The system works in a way that if you're even partially buying directly, the whole order becomes an "instant buy" order. So if you put, say, 250 buys at 66c, you'll automatically switch to buying 2 at 66c and 248 at 88c. If you then try to manually put your price at any point between 66c and 88c (and your quantity is higher than 2), it will immediately revert back to 88c. And if you click the minus on the 88c order, you will go back to buying just 2 at 66c. This example isn't that bad in terms of time/money loss, but it gets annoying when you're trying to buy 4K materials or there are multiple low undercutters. In this example, it may have also been 2 sells at 66c and 1 sell at 67c and 248 sells at 88c. If you leave that 1 sell at 67c, people will try to undercut THAT one with 1c and you'll keep getting new sells at 66c. You can get a ladder of low 1-2 sells all the way up to the big couple thousand bids and it'll just feed itself.

    tldr it's currently impossible to list a buy or sell order that partially (but not entirely) collides with an opposing bid because the "Buy Instantly" mechanic takes over. Please let us set our own fixed offer in these cases.

    submitted by /u/staabalo
    [link] [comments]

    Controller support

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 06:39 AM PDT

    Does GW2 have any controller support? I broke my right collarbone two days ago, so I can't really use my right hand now. I can somewhat still use a controller though. Is there a way to play the game using a controller? Thanks for the answers!

    If any question like this has been made I'm absolutely sorry.

    submitted by /u/IAmNotMatthew
    [link] [comments]

    [HELP] New CPU - worse performance

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 10:53 PM PDT

    Hello fellow Tyrians. I've been playing gw2 for past several years on my PC that runs Intel i5-6500 CPU. It's been playable. Yesterday I upgraded. Now my specs are: Ryzen 5600x Radeon RX 580 24GB RAM

    The game was always on SSD. The GPU did not change - using the old one. Basically only my motherboard and CPU changed.

    The problem: with my new CPU (which has 57% faster single core speed on user benchmarks) it runs way worse. My fps in LA is stable 19 now, whilst I always got 30-50 before. I am so confused... Maybe you got any ideas what gives?

    I thought maybe the CPU is bad, but I launched Skyrim SE in comparison and with all the mods and ENB it was running way smoother than before. So I assume it's the issue with GW2 exclusively. Maybe I should reinstall the game?

    submitted by /u/airiux96
    [link] [comments]

    Getting Back into GW2, Should I Start Fresh?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 08:58 PM PDT

    So its been a few years since I've played GW2 and I really want to get back into it. I have a bunch of characters that I made and only really played my one Ranger character since back when the game came out and didn't really have time to get into all the other classes and grind out all the same stuff again. I was thinking that I might want to just delete all the characters and just start fresh like I've never played the game before. But my main concern is losing progress on a lot of stuff on that one character I played. So I guess my main question is have any of you guys ever started from scratch/do you regret it/ think its worth starting over/ will I lose a lot of challenge/reward/achievement progress on that one character? Thanks for any feedback. Also since im back in Id love to join someone's guild if they'll have me. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/juxxer98
    [link] [comments]

    What are your hopes for revamping underwater combat for EOD?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 02:25 PM PDT

    With a water dragon, one may assume that underwater combat will be significant. In the current state of underwater combat, there is a bit to be desired, e.g., skills being unusable. Assuming there will be some changes, and not a complete overhaul to the system, what are your hopes for changes?

    Per class, general, overall, etc.

    submitted by /u/Czyril
    [link] [comments]

    Is this Mastery point bugged? or is it because i already have it? (returned player)

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 11:37 PM PDT

    Am I the only one that things Essence Sap (Thief stolen skill of Revenant) is a bit overtuned?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 05:30 PM PDT

    The damage? Okay I can deal with that, IF I COULD SEE THE MOVE. It seems so hard to see the telegraph, even on normal sized races. The skill absolutely decimates me but it doesn't really feel like I deserve to get hit with it sometimes because I can't even tell when it's coming.

    It doesn't behave like normal projectiles either, as thieves can throw it while running away, and the speed of the projectile is fast enough that it's still ridiculously hard to catch. The slow is also strong, but I feel the larger issue with it is the damage. A thief rocking the double stolen skill trait can easily do 10k on me in less than a second due to its quick cast time.

    I understand that stolen moves should help provide an edge over the class thieves are fighting, but at least make something as game-changing as Essence Sap more telegraphed so I can actually see when to dodge it.

    I'm an 8 year vet to the game, with a lot of PvP and wvw under my belt. I know how to look out for certain skills and animations. Essence sap with a quick arm raise does not feel on par to the carnage that it can rain down on a rev.

    Ultimately I think either essence sap needs a damage reduction or a larger Telegraph (maybe a flash?), as right now it's too damn hard to see the animation for a skill that punishes as hard as it does. (And don't even get me started on Asuran thieves who use it.)

    submitted by /u/palesart
    [link] [comments]

    Question about digital purchase

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 04:49 PM PDT

    Hello, I just bought the ultimate edition expansion for gw2. However, I didn't get the expansion content and instead just got an email regarding the confirmation of the purchase, stating that I should wait atleast 48 hours for another email with details of my purchase. Would this email contain my serial code for upgrading my account? And how long does it usually take?

    EDIT: The code for it finally came in after 12 hours.

    submitted by /u/PepegaGamer69
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment