• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 18, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 Are you completely new to PvE raids and want to get started? The raid training community is organising a stream TOMORROW for people like you!

    Guild Wars 2 Are you completely new to PvE raids and want to get started? The raid training community is organising a stream TOMORROW for people like you!


    Are you completely new to PvE raids and want to get started? The raid training community is organising a stream TOMORROW for people like you!

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 06:07 AM PDT

    Hey all. I'm Step, the leader of RTI (Raid Training Iniative), which is one of the largest raid training guilds in EU. I'm organising a stream for completely new raiders (or raiders with little experience) Friday 19th @ 20:00 CET (UTC+1).

    How do I join?

    Join the RTI Discord, hit the ✅ at the bottom of the #welcome channel to get verified, and simply be around during the time of the event tomorrow (20:00 CET). If you do this, then right when the stream starts you'll be pinged. The stream will be hosted on Discord and also on Twitch if we hit the Discord viewer limit of 50.

    What will be covered?

    We'll be going through anything that might be needed to get you started into raiding. This includes but is not limited to:

    • What masteries you need.
    • Elite specs + hero points.
    • The gear rarity we suggest and where to get it from.
    • Where to go to start raiding.
    • Benchmarking, the golem area, Snow Crows, rotations, etc.
    • How to wrap your head around openers, the reward system, legendary armour.
    • How to read the LFG, what KP is all about, LFG etiquette.
    • How squads, subgroups, compositions, boons/buffs, the "meta", etc work.
    • General tips.

    I'll be responding to questions along the way, whether they're sent to me by whisper or asked in voice chat. If time allows, we'll also do some accessible, beginner-friendly raiding at the end for anyone on the EU server.

    I can't make it! Is there anything else I can attend?

    We have ANOTHER similar stream happening at the same time (20:00 CET/UTC+1) on Sunday 21st. RTI and our friends over in NA, Raid Academy, have also organised plenty more courses/workshops which follow this schedule. These streams are hosted both in RTI's Discord server and in Raid Academy's Discord server.

    Apart from that, we have a TON of raid trainings planned this weekend both in RTI (for people in EU) and RA (for people in NA). Join the servers for more info!!

    Any questions can be asked in this Reddit thread or in suitable channels in either RTI's or RA's Discord server and we'll try our best to respond.

    Happy raiding!

    submitted by /u/StepW
    [link] [comments]

    Watching Silicon Valley for the first time and spotted a familiar Charr

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 05:39 PM PDT

    When will you let us in? We already smacked Kralk to the ground and entered the desert through an alt way. Lemme in ��

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 10:04 PM PDT

    When the animation glitch hits you...

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 12:20 AM PDT

    Guild Wars 2 players in Montreal for CBC Radio!

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 05:50 PM PDT

    TLDR: I work with CBC Radio in Montreal, looking for MTL-based GW2 players to interview about open-world gaming amid the pandemic.

    Hello all! I'm a journalist in Canada, specifically Montreal! And currently, I'm working on a radio piece on immersive open-world gaming amid the pandemic, how people are exploring virtual worlds as the real world is on lockdown. And basically I wanted to know if there were any GW2 players based in Montreal who would be willing to share their personal experience of playing GW2 amid the pandemic, while ALSO doing a dungeon, fractal or something with me on GW2 as a part of the interview! The media company I work for is CBC, specifically radio -- so it'll all be audio only! Let me know if any of you are interested and I would LOVE to connect!

    You can email me at [shahroze.rauf@cbc.ca](mailto:shahroze.rauf@cbc.ca) for any questions, more details, or to let me know that you're interested in participating!

    PS: I'm not the greatest player ever, I've only been playing regularly since the pandemic started LOL

    submitted by /u/RAUFSCBC
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth to buy all living world seasons?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 07:58 AM PDT

    Hello guys, a gw2 noob here! :D

    As the title suggests im interested in buying the living world seasons.

    I've recently bought HoT and PoF and I've been having a blast going though these expansions. (I'm honestly surprised how much fun I am having :D )
    I've already finished PoF and now im going through HoT. I know I'm not going in the correct order, but I was excited to get the mounts. Since im gonna finish HoT soon aswell, I was wondering whether it is worth to buy the living world seasons now, and if it is, then in which order should i progress through them?

    Also, are the living worlds going on a discount regularly? Should I wait for a big discount, or should I just buy them at the regular price now and progress through them aswell?

    If i know it correctly, season 4 has a cool mount, I am definitely interested in getting that :D

    Thank you for reading this one :D

    submitted by /u/juhaszelod18
    [link] [comments]

    Learning Chrono for the first time. Trying to understand the class.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 03:14 AM PDT

    I am 50LI away from crafting my light armor(2nd armor in total) and wanted to learn Chrono.

    There is one problem. I have been doin research first in what builds people usually play and there is a massive amount of argot surrounding the mesmer.

    Firstly, I have not been able to find a single post/thread/wiki that mentions WHY is confusion prefered on some bosses like Twin Largos, Matthias and Souless Horror.

    Secondly, I haven't able to grasp the clone generation mechanic entirely. It seems I will have to start using single skills only to see what skill generates how many clones/phantasms/illusions and at what time to be able to predict the usage of shatters.

    Since I currently have 4 equipment and 4 build template slots I will have to start learning 4 builds.

    Which builds are the ones most commonly used in Raids and how would you rank them in terms of difficulty low-to-high?

    submitted by /u/ZhaitanK
    [link] [comments]

    Come Join Our St. Patty’s Day Shenanigans Drinking Squad 21+ in LFG Central Tyria!

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 05:13 PM PDT

    Drizzlewood Farm Meta

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 05:40 AM PDT

    So I am a new player and I've been told that drizzlewood is the current farm meta. I went there, joined the ash legion and already did the south and north event trains and received nice loot. I'm just wondering, where do people get their gold from? If I sell all my materials I get like 3G per hour max? I've seen online stuff ranging from 20-35 gold per hour.

    Tl;dr: what do I sell from the drizzlewood farming for the big money

    submitted by /u/iOpticz
    [link] [comments]

    DnD In Game

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 07:47 AM PDT

    Just seeing what everyone has to think about this idea. It is center around the playing through the story. The biggest issue is to determine does everyone has a say or is one person in charge while everyone else is there. At the same time, it to provides extra time to bring characters interactions outside of story. Have to determine how everyone will meet up in game or do a character already know a chacter. For example, a human toon and a norn toon know each, while an asuran toon meets up with a charr toon in a guild, while the sylvari would have to fid a way to meet up with them at some point. Time to get into the story a bit:

    1) The first two chapters of the personal story are more for the person character. This is the moments people get to display who there characters are and get to explore who they get to be as individuals before big groups. This is also a chance for people with similar stories or even want to keep toons together as early on as possible. For example:

    A) For charr, they could be in the same personal story for chapter 1 and same warband options up to that point, with chance of one person being in charge.

    B) For human, they could be adoptive sibling which would require someone to have their unknown parents for chapter 2, while the other one has the chapter 1 for themselves. In which, chapter 1 would be for one person, while chapter 2 would be for the second player.

    2) The third chapter is for those who are the same race but had completely different first two chapters.

    3) This is the most trickest part because of this is the one or the biggest decisions everyone has to make in the game. Everyone can meet each other in a signal guild between Vigil, Whispers and Durmand. If everyone not meeting up in one of those guilds, than best bet is meeting up before or after to recapturing Claw Island.

    By this point in the game, everyone agreed to the choice of either someone is in charge of the party or agreed to a system to where everyone has some type of say to the choices in game. Granted you probably lose a lot in a typical DND game but it could provide an interesting way of playing the game. With how the story is set up, probably can really only do it with 5 people unless there is a way to bring more than 5 people into dungeons and story.

    If like the idea, what will you change or add on if were to do it with people?

    submitted by /u/Tamgrien
    [link] [comments]

    I just want my mug...

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 06:01 PM PDT

    Anyone else pre-order a quaggan mug end of last year and is still waiting after the mug delivery has been delayed twice? I ordered the mug end of December and it was said to arrive somewhere end January/start of February. Then I got an email stating:

    "Hi!

    Thank you for your pre order purchase of the :

    Quaggan Mug Bundle

    Due to unforeseen circumstances, the release date has been pushed back to:

    Feb. 6- March 7

    We would like to thank you for your continued patience and understanding, while we allow these baby quaggans the proper time to hatch. "

    So I waited until February 23rd when I got another email stating:
    " Hi!

    Thank you for your pre order purchase of the :

    Quaggan Mug Bundle

    We are closer to getting your bundle/items out to you!

    We are expecting these hatchlings to hatch and commence shipping between 3/12- 3/19.

    Once your order has shipped, you will receive an email with tracking information.

    We would like to thank you for your continued patience and understanding, while we allow these baby quaggans the proper time to hatch. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience this has caused."

    It's now the early morning of the 18th of March... Yet to get any notification stating it's been ship out either on ForFansByFans or on my email. I just want my damn mug. At this point I'm contemplating just asking for a refund. Living in the netherlands, the shipping costs alone are insane. Was wondering if anyone else was having the same issue or if these kinda delays are normal and I shouldn't be complaining. Idk, I feel like 3 months+ without it even being shipped out is a long ass wait.

    submitted by /u/Lloydsalot
    [link] [comments]

    Long shot - Anyone here from the Dusk til Dawn Guild?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 03:30 PM PDT

    I used to play with a guild called Dusk til Dawn in Warhammer Online, SWTOR and Guild Wars 2. Its been a long time but I've always wondered what happened to them or what games they went to next. Anyone here happen to know of any members or was in the guild themselves and know?

    submitted by /u/chokingonpancakes
    [link] [comments]

    How much time does it take for bundles like Dragons Watch bundle return usually?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 05:28 AM PDT

    So, I spotted this Dragon's Watch bundle and it had the badass dreadnaught raptor skin in it and I decided to buy PoF's 4000 crystal version (why pof? to ride a raptor) and it gave the "error you cant buy" error so I contacted CS, they had it done but they solved the problem about 1 hour after the bundle expired but the only purpose of me buying PoF was that raptor skin and also the glass dragon wings and Kasmeer's Outfit was in the bundle which I liked a lot too. Then I looked for the skin in wiki, and it said that when you buy it seperately, it costs 2000 and its sometimes out there. And I didn't wanted to spend that much to a mount skin and the bundle had much more rewards than just a mount. So I am wondering; when will that bundle return? Someone may have figured based on older bundles like this, but I don't know if there was an older thing, just wanted to ask and will probably drop the game until the bundle returns because the only reason I bought PoF was that bundle which included a mount skin, a glider skin, a backpack skin, an armor skin and an exclusive weapon skin and now the only thing changed from a week before is that the 80 dollars i spent to buy the bundle isn't in my wallet and I don't have the bundle. Soo, any ideas when the exact same bundle returns?

    submitted by /u/Blaze_studios
    [link] [comments]

    Swipe into dodge on daredevil

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 07:04 AM PDT

    Hi all I have a problem that came up as I've been trying to optimize my daredevil rotation. When I try to swipe->dodge to gain initiative for the dodge, right after swiping the dodge sometimes goes too far and the bounding dodge damage doesn't hit on small hitbox bosses. The only way to mitigate this is by swiping, moving back, then dodging, which adds a lot of time to the rotation. Does anyone have any tips for this?

    submitted by /u/Quortex
    [link] [comments]

    I've tried WvW for the first time and I have some questions

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 05:41 AM PDT

    After getting full ascended gear. I though I am ready for jumping into WvW. I love crowded intense PvP fights so I thought WvW would be great but it wasn't. I don't remember ever geting this bored in this game. It was all hiding and kiting. We were just playing for capture and avoiding to interract with enemy squad at all cost. We weren't even outnumbered. In some rare occassions, we actually engaged into fight but that fights didn't last more than 30 seconds. Everyone was dying in seconds and less than a minute either we or they were getting wiped. I spent a hour in there and it was 90% rotating and 10% fighting. Is WvW always like this or was I just in a unlucky squad?

    submitted by /u/needmoreberry
    [link] [comments]

    Necro Scourge PvE advice

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 03:34 AM PDT

    Good day to you all. I have a question regarding the Necro Scourge build for PvE. I follow the metabattle condi build but it seems like im missing something. I would like to be support/dmg build for open world events and bosses and this build seems lacking. Something is off on it. Does anyone else have some builds i could try that are more satisfying than the ones on mettabattle? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/tvrdy3
    [link] [comments]

    Approx. when would Piken Square be not-full?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 06:02 AM PDT

    I'm on america server and my friends play on Piken Square and we want to play WvW so I bought server transfer but Piken Square is full and untransferable. So when would Piken Square be not-full? Anyone have any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Blaze_studios
    [link] [comments]

    Where can returning players find some updated advice?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 05:50 AM PDT

    I haven't played for honestly like 2-3 years, I am just returning now and I am on blackgate, I have 3 level 80's and a level 78, I don't even know if 80 is still the max level? Do I need to buy the new expansion? I have the first xpac but I heard there is a second, literally just installed the game and logged in to get 3 birthday anniversary gifts haha. I am completely lost and can't even remember the basic old stuff? There is so much and I lost my guild obviously due to inactivity.

    submitted by /u/IOnlyPlayDraven
    [link] [comments]

    Hunter pet.

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 08:06 PM PDT

    I really like hunters weapons and the skills they have (mostly longbow and GS) however Im not really a fan of the pet stuff. I know you can spec as a soulbeast but can I just ignore my pet when I hit that or do I have unmerge in like fractals etc. Im mostly a PvE player.

    submitted by /u/CipisekAMV
    [link] [comments]

    Redoing story content on alts

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 08:04 PM PDT

    I'm playing my first alt at max level, and in the process of figuring how best to gear another char I'm wondering if there's any reason to redo the story beyond zone access? I guess there's story achievements for each chapter, but am I missing anything worthwhile?

    Slightly related, but are the LW Seasons 3/4 zones still the best places for trinkets and accessories? I haven't farmed for gear in years so I'm curious if Icebrood Saga has an alternative to berries and pearls.

    submitted by /u/CrazedChihuahua
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment