• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 25, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 When you gear up a new character / build

    Guild Wars 2 When you gear up a new character / build


    When you gear up a new character / build

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 12:16 AM PST

    Mesmer icon done in my style

    Posted: 24 Feb 2021 03:53 PM PST

    How ya gonna say her childern are your children when you're using their Ma as a beanie?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2021 10:00 PM PST

    Has anyone else discovered they have a flying raptor since the patch?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2021 10:43 PM PST

    Ff14 paywalls pvp to deal with exploiters/griefers and hackers. Destiny 2 content creators are advocating for the same in trials. Maybe its time for gw2 to follow suit.

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 06:00 AM PST

    I want to preface this by saying i would rather f2p players that are enjoying pvp or wvw to keep doing that, however, a few bad apples are literally spoiling the bunch and are causing dmg to two already struggling scenes at no risk.

    Hackers have and will always exist in pvp and wvw but before the game went f2p things were visibly better on that front. Back then getting caught meant a 45-60 euro acount was going down the drain and if you wanted to play again you had to buy a new one. Come hot and the base gw2 goes free with pvp and wvw accessible to everyone, years pass and we now see that this wasnt the right play.

    Hackers and griefers can play to their heart's content at no charge and if they get banned they simply make another acount and restart. Arenanet might be exploring options such as putting a rank cap to ranked and ats or even comming up with a solid anticheat but when someone can just bot their way to the required rank or simply dont care if they get banned since they can play again then anet find themselves in a race they cannot win.

    Here comes square enix and bungie, two larger and more successful companies with bigger budget that run mmos with a f2p trial version as well.

    Bungie has been struggling to keep up with hackers since they made parts of the game f2p (including pvp) much like gw2 has struggled. Many Content creators in that game are advocating for paywalling pvp if bungie cant deal with the hackers in another way. (Again dealing with hackers in a f2p game without a powerful anticheat is a losing battle).

    Square enix also has a trial version for ff14 which also afaik gives access to pvp. Very recently se decided to paywall pvp because they simply couldnt keep up as well.

    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/aae705d4b111c011d917da13916bd640829c1ae9

    Now i ask you, if companies much larger and more wealthy cant deal with hackers, griefes and bots in their games how do you expect anet to be able to do so? Putting any rank require will simply delay these problematic players since they can just afk bot their eay to ranked and ats. This is also a problem for the image of the game. A while back a post about a hacker in the mat made its way to the front page or r/mmos for all to see the sorry state of pvp.

    Arenanet needs to deal with this before steam and they need to deal with it in a swift and solid way, they need to paywall ranked, ats and potentially even wvw from f2p.

    F2p players may try the unranked version of pvp or eotm to get a taste for the modes and make up their mind .

    submitted by /u/ze4lex
    [link] [comments]

    Omg screw the scrap rifle challenge!! I can’t get gold on this thing to save my life!! There’s a special place in hell for this mini game!!! ����

    Posted: 24 Feb 2021 06:24 PM PST

    How End of Dragons came to be

    Posted: 24 Feb 2021 08:47 AM PST

    A glimpse of the Tangled Depths underground.

    Posted: 24 Feb 2021 10:03 PM PST

    [BCL World Cup] First EU Qualifier by Reaper

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 06:15 AM PST

    Lego Branded Charr Head (Created in Stud.io Part Designer)

    Posted: 24 Feb 2021 12:46 PM PST

    I can't main a class

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 07:07 AM PST

    Had the same problem in league of legends: instead of focusing on mastering one class/champ i lose interest and want to pick up a new one. I would love to be able to play several classes but my friends told me that does not work in GW2 due to the time and effort one has to put into a class to learn and gear it. Anyone having a similar problem ?

    submitted by /u/PristleSky
    [link] [comments]

    Which account should I buy PoF on?

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 06:04 AM PST

    Well, I wrote the same thing on the question megathread but didn't had enough answers so I am copy pasting the same question.

    So, I am going to buy path of fire, but struggled on choosing which account, and respectively I will make that account my main account and throw away other accounts. One of them is a almost blank account with nothing but Mordrem Glider, a glider came from the HoT deluxe packet I bought in 2015 and it is not obtainable now, so it is a valuable item, and of course it has HoT. The second choice is to buy it to my other account with a high level elementalist, it doesn't have any now-unobtainable items, but it has a very grinded PvP level with a lot of matches made. From now, it seemed like buying it to the account with glider skin would be better, but I was sharing that account with a friend of mine now. He now has his own account but that doesn't mean that he won't be logging in to that account too. But maybe he just won't log in, I don't know that but I know that he plays the game actively. And the currencies ar like this: 550 000 karma at the one with HoT, 10 000 at the one without. 36 gold and 310 laurel in HoTted, 17 gold and 30 laurel in the one without HoT. And looks like my friend won't allow me to change the password but I will ask him today. So which one should I buy PoF and make my main, the one with tons of currencies and unobtainable glider skin but is shared, or the one with a very high PvP rank and a high level elementalist and is private but is f2p ?

    EDIT: And I don't really want my friend to login and see my characters.

    EDIT2: Also, it would be better if I were to play in my friend's own account's server, piken square, the account with HoT is in Piken Square but the one with my elemantalist is on Dreadhollow or something, can't remember the name but it's not Piken Square. Again it's not a must.

    submitted by /u/Blaze_studios
    [link] [comments]

    Gw2 with controller while recuperating from injury

    Posted: 24 Feb 2021 02:44 PM PST

    Hey guys.

    I want to try out playing with controller cause of an injury which makes is difficult for me to use mouse and keyboard while sitting at a desk. I figured to try using my PS5 controller for some casual play.

    I've done some research around YouTube and Reddit, and I simply can't make it work..

    I've added Gw2 to steam as a non-steam game. I launch big picture mode and steam recognises my controller. I can navigate everything in steam... I go to setup the configurations for the controller, everything is mapped, but the game doesn't register any inputs?

    Am I overlooking something? Or is there an alternative I can try out?

    Best regards 🤕

    submitted by /u/Safashah
    [link] [comments]

    Academic Research Survey (MMORPG, MOBA, and/or BR Players 18+)

    Posted: 24 Feb 2021 12:28 PM PST

    Hello everyone,

    I am a graduate student working to receive my Master's at Purdue University. For my thesis, I am studying traditionally negative behaviors and attitudes of online video game users across popular video game genres such as MMORPGs.

    Having talked with the moderators on this subreddit, I wanted to post the link to my survey here. If you have the time to take it (15-30 minutes depending on the different genres played), it would be greatly appreciated.

    Please note, the survey itself is 100% anonymous and none of your answers will be shared with anyone, nor will they be traceable in any capacity. Also, there are some questions that some may consider sensitive in nature. For this reason, it is recommended that individuals take this survey in their own privacy.

    If you have any questions regarding the survey or its contents, please feel free to reach out and I will do my best to answer any questions.

    Finally, as this survey is important to me receiving my Master's degree, I ask that you kindly not share the contents of the survey with others prior to those individuals taking it, as that may impact the validity of the data.

    Thank you so much in advance for helping me out!

    https://purdue.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cRSAXeUdjIat3H7

    submitted by /u/8Bit_Brawler
    [link] [comments]

    EU servers down?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2021 09:46 PM PST

    Anyone else having issues logging in? I was playing and suddenly i was kicked off and now when I tried to login again my items were gone and I was rolled back and I keep getting "lost connection to server" after 5 seconds..

    submitted by /u/Jokuc
    [link] [comments]

    Is guild wars 2 soon dead ?

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 07:37 AM PST

    Hello i'm a New player since 3/4 months i came because the expansion is cantha But after researchs, the steam version is delayed for no reasons

    They don't talk about new expansion while they announced it one year ago And my Friends on game who are gamers since longer tell me that the new content is boring as hell and EoD will certainly sign the end of the game.

    Is gw2 a good mmo to enter Into seriously now ? Is arenanet a serious company ? On reddit often there are a lot of post about lies of Arenanet ( Expansions features for s5, Legendary armoury ?, Linked World of www )

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/terragamerz
    [link] [comments]

    Multiboxing

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 02:03 AM PST

    Hello,

    I have two accounts I have been running at the same time but since yesterday I am unable to do so with Error "Install cannot be completed. Please contact support." while starting the second one. The first is always working great.

    I was using Launchbuddy and tried GW2Launcher too. Do you guys have any idea what is wrong? I have the DX12 addon installed.

    submitted by /u/Unthalion
    [link] [comments]

    Alternative ways to level up a character?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2021 10:36 PM PST

    Hello ,

    I want to make an Alt character and I wonder if there are any other ways to level up than doing the "hearts" quests and other open world stuff.

    I have 40 tomes of knowledge so I basically need to get my Alt from 1 to 40.

    What are some fast ways to get a char from level 1 to 40?

    Thank you for answers.

    submitted by /u/Gankeros
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment