• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 10, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 Every single Time

    Guild Wars 2 Every single Time


    Every single Time

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 04:28 AM PST

    "I’m here live, I’m not a charr."

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 05:22 AM PST

    Nightmare Fractal CM Speedkills by Nightmare Shattered [Ns]

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 08:17 AM PST

    Hey everyone!

    It's been a while since a speedkill compilation of cm98 or 99 has been uploaded, due to the huge time investment it requires nowadays – times on individual bosses have been pushed so much that doing single boss records has become more feasible, not to mention the necessity of several days with good instabilities in order to even do one boss already. Despite these factors, our guild Nightmare Shattered [Ns] has decided to attempt a full Nightmare CM speedkill compilation, and we are very proud of the result!

    PoVs:

    Roul/Guard

    Fines/Guard/Weaver/Soulbeast

    Zen/Renegade

    Ryan/War/Slb

    Lars/Slb

    Trap Precasting

    The current ruleset for precasting traps is very wonky and in many regards quite questionable. In order to not cause controversy, we decided to use the trap rules the kills before us used on each boss – all traps on MAMA, all traps except Procession of Blades and Light's Judgement on Siax (precasting traps on Ensolyss hasn't been done before, however we went with same rules as on siax).

    MAMA

    Our Comp here consists of two Guards, a War, a Renegade and a Soulbeast.

    The Soulbeast was taken for its huge buffing capabilities (Frost Spirit and Stance Share) as well as its ability to carry the P1 DPS of the fight, so that the guardians were able to get away with doing less dps in p1, therefore being able to shift their main damage to p2, 3 and 4.

    In addition to carrying most of the dps, the guardians also were able to bane signet share twice during this fight + once on precast, sharing 432 power to the party both times and even 864 power for a short time in p1 – that's a lot of damage. They also were essential to breaking the first knight ASAP via Dragon's Maw and capping each knight instantly out on vuln, on the first 2 through Light's judgement, on the last one by both using a Sword of Justice.

    The War is mainly taken because its damage output on the split knights is vastly superior to any other class while still doing great dps on the boss and, obviously, providing banners. It also does huge amounts of cc, which is a nice bonus.

    The Renegade is the most important class for doing cc, provides alacrity, and still does great damage – the usual.

    Siax

    Credit to [Snek], who discovered the possibility to skip the first split phase on this fight by doing enough dps in P1 in their 19 seconds kill. Our comp here consists of two Soulbeasts, a Guard, a Ren and a Weaver.

    The soulbeasts allow for permanent stance share uptime on the entirety of the first phase, which is very strong.

    The Guard, despite obviously providing quickness, was the most essential class to speeding up the split phase a significant amount, by supporting the soulbeasts on their mobs with DPS traps. It also has the most consistent damage output as it has huge burst in both p1 and p2, whereas every other class had one strong and one rather weak dps phase.

    The Weaver not only was able to carry phase 2 dps together with the guard, but also provided an overall amount of 9 conjures – a Fiery Greatsword for each player, three icebows and two Lightning Hammers. This was especially helpful for the soulbeasts, who don't have much to do anymore after their burst is done making the Lightning Hammers were very useful. Additionally, the LHs and icebows also helped a lot with cc. Overall this makes weaver the best dps class for Siax.

    The Renegade does alacrity, it does cc, it does good damage. Hype.

    Ensolyss

    Our comp here consists of three Soulbeasts, a Guard and a Ren.

    Soulbeasts are very strong on this fight. The phase duration is quite perfect for the duration of their burst, plus they can provide great amounts of stance share, probably the strongest buff in the game right now.

    The Guardian was able to gain a nice boost to its dps via the newly discovered pretrap spot in Phase 1. Despite that, a rather experimental build of virtues/radiance/dragonhunter was used in P2 and P3, as it bears the ability to provide bane signet share and the modifiers are slightly higher than the conventional base guard or non-virtue DH builds.

    Since every class here easily gets their cooldowns ready to burst in each phase, the Renegade provided barely any alacrity, which allows him to burst significantly higher in each phase, almost rivaling the Guard in P2 and P3.

    That's it in term of comp theorycraft, we hope you enjoy the kills!

    submitted by /u/---Roul---
    [link] [comments]

    this design I did for a friend's new bag.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 10:38 AM PST

    More PvP Coaching!

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 03:58 AM PST

    Just like u/Stale_Bear 's post. I'm here to offer free PvP coaching to the guild wars two community for anyone platinum 1 or below (Also free of charge, of course)

    For a quick explanation. I mostly duo Q with u/Stale_Bear so he's aware that I am making this post and I'm here to cover some of the classes he's unable to coach for example!

    Whether you need class-specific help or help with PvP in general, I'd be more than happy to do both!

    The classes I can help you with are the following ones:

    Ranger:

    -Core, Druid and Soulbeast

    Engineer:
    -Core, Scrapper and Holosmith

    Mesmer:

    -(Condi) Core, (Condi) Mirage and (Condi) Chronomancer

    Necromancer:

    -Reaper

    Revenant:

    -Core and Herald

    Classes I am somewhat familiar with:

    Thief:

    -Core and Daredevil

    Elementalist:

    -Tempest and Weaver (Fireweaver)

    Warrior:

    -Core, Berserker (Power) and Spellbreaker (Power)

    Guardian:

    -Core (Power) and Dragonhunter (Power)

    ________________________

    Coaching will generally be done one on one in a private server and/or by going over recorded gameplay to see where we can improve!

    The only requirement is that you have discord (A mic is not needed, as long as you can just hear me talk)!

    I play on EU and speak both English and Dutch.

    Feel free to poke me on here or on Discord (UpbeatOrchit#2763) so we can go over the details and set something up!

    submitted by /u/UpbeatOrchit
    [link] [comments]

    Thought I'd share my Guild Wars shelf with you guys

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 11:02 AM PST

    Grandmaster Mark Exchange - Made a post on the Official Forums but here's a 5-minute visual

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 01:15 AM PST

    In the 7 months before PoF, we received 4 major gamewide balance patches. For comparison, we haven't received any gamewide balance patches in the last 7 months, supposedly because the balance team is working on EoD.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 11:44 AM PST

    What the hell happened to the balance team? Do they even exist anymore?

    submitted by /u/SpitefulShrimp
    [link] [comments]

    Griffon or Skyscale?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 08:52 PM PST

    I want to get one of them but I never see people use the griffon and 250g is quite a gold sink for me. Once I get the skyscale will I ever use the griffon? Thanks for any info

    submitted by /u/sstonne
    [link] [comments]

    [Born From Flame] My Elementalist Salad, Cynnbir

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 10:05 AM PST

    Translation Error that always makes me laugh

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 08:44 AM PST

    So the raidboss Deimos can drop a unique hammer skin called "The Gavel" If you play the game in german that skin is called "Der Holzhammer" which literally just means "The Wooden Hammer". Now if you look at that hammer skin ingame you see there is nothing wooden about it - its clearly made out of metal with some orange ornaments attached to it. https://imgur.com/a/Y2Mqs77

    I guess someone responsible for translation probably googled "Gavel" and found images of those small wooden mallets used by judges and just thought: yeah thats a wooden hammer alright.

    So now imagine the situation ingame where you fight this powerful Demon judging over the sins of Saul... you finally defeat him and free Saul and as a reward you find an epic Hammer looking like it can crush anything you hit with it. It was probably forged from some strong & rare metal infused with demonic powers... you start to smile and then you read the name "The Wooden Hammer" .... WHAT??? :D

    Im pretty sure the english name was chosen because of the connection to judges & judging, since Deimos acts as a judge over Saul and his guilt, therefore the hammer was named "The Gavel". I feel like "Hammer des Richters" (Hammer of the Judge) or something similar would have been a more fitting translation.

    Whenever i happen to loot this skin now i just cant believe its called "the wooden hammer" in german.

    You guys ever noticed other translations that didnt seem quite right?

    submitted by /u/Khoraex
    [link] [comments]

    Is mystic forge gambling with ectostones worth it even if u hit the precursors and infusion?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 08:43 AM PST

    So i want to get mystic infusion, but im to lazy to grind 4k (just bought liquid aurelium and it was hard to not spend the money on other shit). But even if im unable to save my money im okay with throwing 200-300g per week in the mystic forge. So i started buying ectos and rares to save up for about 100 - 200 tryes at the mf. Then i read here at reddit, that the chance at a precusor is 0,2 % and for the infusion 0,1 %. Doing the math, i would need 500 tryes for a pre and 1000 for the infusion. This means (one ecto stone costs 5g + 3 exos at 1,5g = 6,5g) 1000 tryes would cost me 6,5k gold, while infusion is only 4k worth and the most pres 300 - 500g. So even if i hit both, my best statistical result would be 4,5k for paying 6,5k? So mf is only worth it if u are extremly lucky and hit 2 infusions or 4 pres at 1000 tryes?

    submitted by /u/peace1337
    [link] [comments]

    Multiple toons of same class/diff races

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 07:06 AM PST

    Does anyone else do this or is it just me? Am I wasting my gems on character slot expansions?

    I've been playing the game for about a year, but full-time. As in, I played for hours and hours on end, non-stop. I've played all the classes and their elite specializations. I currently have:

    2 guardians (1 norn DH, and 1 human HB)

    2 thieves (1 human used for WvW and 1 sylvari DD for pve)

    1 Charr renegade

    1 Charr scrapper

    1 Norn Druid

    1 Asura berserker

    1 Asura mirage

    1 Asura reaper (main)

    1 Human tempest

    And 1 storage toon, 1 bag opener, and 1 slot for key farmer

    I always thoroughly enjoy the experience of levelling a toon, from doing beginner map completions to dungeons, I love it all. Every now and then I want to buy a new character slot and make a new toon of the same class but different race or gender, just to experience all that again. My mindset is that I want to have toons of each class/elite spec of each race and each gender, for fashion, player chatter, and animation purposes.

    Am I weird for doing this, am I wasting my time and money, or does anyone else do this too?

    PS. I get all of my toons to lvl 80 and get their elite specs, and I DO do end game content with my main (T4 fractals, metas, etc. Mostly pve stuff).

    submitted by /u/juliator001
    [link] [comments]

    Elementalist // Total beginner's questions

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 02:50 AM PST

    Hi,

    so I'm completely new to the game and went with elementalist. The reason was mostly that robe wearing dd classes ar usually relatively easy to play. Silly me ;)

    I've been running around solo so far - which allowed me to stick to fire and double blades. Now I'm level 18 and I start to feel I should get to know the rest of my stuff better. But ... how to proceed? Reddit!!! So, here is a bunch of questions:

    1) Are there weapon combos that are considered standard for elementalists? What are the main options and attached play styles? (I'm interested in PvE for now).

    2) A guide I watched mentioned "rotations" ... are there some easy/basic/recommended rotations I can practice to get the hang of switching my alignements mid combat? Is lvl 18 too early to worry about that?

    3) Whats will people expect from me when I join groups? Are there basic functions/skills I need to bring to the table to not make people scratch their heads? ... e.g. spamming a specific field combo starter or switching to water to heal then switching back to go for damage or whatnot. I guess what I'm asking is: What is the minimum base line for competency in a group setting?

    4) I'm goig to play with a fried of mine a lot. Anything especially useful I should get/do in a two person group?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/gegenzeit
    [link] [comments]

    Need help on which ascended weapons to make

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 05:22 AM PST

    I play a lot of alts. All max level, all geared with exotics. I do have some ascended weapons and armor but as I continue to improve gear, I am wondering if I need to make some legendary weapons to reduce costs. For example:

    Greatsword is always used in power builds so berserker ascended would cover that

    Scepter can be condi or power so make a vipers and berserker ascended.

    Dagger can be healing, condi, or power so make a legendary dagger.

    Then I can gear my alts from my own armory as needed.

    I will worry about armor later since the gains over exotic are not as great.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/blizzerdd
    [link] [comments]

    Game crash when alt-tab or switching to borderless windowed

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 04:52 AM PST

    My game crashes whenever I try to alt-tab or switch to borderless windowed mode. Its probably safe to assume that it has something to do with using re-shade or d912pxy, as I have had many issues with getting these to work in the past. Does anyone have any advice to using these without problems?

    submitted by /u/rojafox
    [link] [comments]

    What are the odds

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 09:48 AM PST

    Help in creating an Engineer build that focuses on turrets?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 07:39 AM PST

    I had a look around online and it mostly directed me to videos and pages from years ago that bear no meaning nowadays. I get that turrets were nerfed to hell back, but I was wondering if it's possible to make them work whatsoever on an Engineer or Scrapper?

    submitted by /u/Maulclaw
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment