• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 19, 2021

    Guild Wars 👀

    Guild Wars ��


    ��

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 10:39 AM PST

    My Own Personal Ironman Challenge

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 03:33 AM PST

    Hi all,

    I decided I wanted to give a try at the Ironman challenge that seems to have become more popular since lockdown started. I started my warrior in prophecies on a fresh account and have fleshed out my own variation I think i will enjoy, so I am looking for feedback and suggestions on potential tweaks.

    I will follow the base guidelines of fresh account, no boosting, no early skill access, no access to anything I wouldn't have had access to at the time of release etc. With my ultimate goal to defeat every game in order (earning protector title in the process)

    My exceptions to the rules are with storage and heroes.

    Storage:

    Money shall never be deposited, each character will keep what they make, items and materials can be shared only once those characters have "met".

    Characters will have "met" once certain story elements are reached.

    Prophecies characters will meet in Lions Arch

    Factions characters will meet after Vizunah Square

    Nightfall characters will meet after consulate docks and establishing the Sunspear Sanctuary.

    Once characters have "met" they will be able to join each other as mercenary heroes.

    For each campaign I plan to complete it with several characters that I think are most relevant to that campaign (this is where I think i need some advice).

    Prophecies based will be: Warrior Monk Ranger

    Factions based will be: Ritualist Assassin Mesmer

    Nightfall will be: Dervish Paragon Necromancer

    (I am aware no Elementalist but doesn't fit my 3/3/3 plan)

    Heroes will be swapped out when required in nightfall and EOTN for missions.

    As for completion, only one character per campaign has to do the full exploration and every quest, this is mostly to avoid burnout as I think i would lose my mind getting 100% exploration 9 times and finding every quest.

    Every character must have protector before progressing to new campaign.

    Let me know thoughts and any suggestions on improving.

    PS. On mobile so hope this formatting is OK.

    submitted by /u/Garruszek
    [link] [comments]

    The good ol' days

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 10:38 AM PST

    When everybody was in Beacon's trying to sell Drok's runs, Lions Arch was absolutely FLOODED with people trying to sell q8 and q9 Fellblades, Chaos Axes, and Storm Bows.. Every mission town you visited had 20-30+ people in it spamming LFG Mission+Bonus, and it took 4-5+ hours just for a single FoW run..

    Miss those days

    Edit: With that being said! If anyone would like to group up and make some new toons and play through all the stories the old school way, let me know! It'd definitely be awesome to get back into the game just for nostalgia's sake and run some missions, maybe go for some titles here and there!

    submitted by /u/MrSquinter
    [link] [comments]

    Soloing Shiro 300+ times

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 02:06 PM PST

    Hello there! So what happens if you solo Shiro more than 300 times? Can he drop elite assassin tomes? Can he do some kind of a bowing animation like comments state on wiki? Let's find out!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzbi3L_cnPA&feature=youtu.be

    submitted by /u/PeterKadar
    [link] [comments]

    Help with the new elites.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 03:32 AM PST

    Hi guys. I'm a returning guild wars 1 player who recently discovered that in order to get the new elites I need a proof of triumph which I cannot obtain sadly. Would anyone be able to help me cap the swordsman elite skill who has one? Would be much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/ScissorsOfJealousy
    [link] [comments]

    Constant 85% packetloss but only on American Servers

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 12:39 PM PST

    Cheers guys,

    Ive recently started having the issue of having a constant 85% packetloss combined with 2000+ ping but only when on AE servers. Im located in Europe and have 12ms and 0% packetloss to the EU or International and Asian servers.

    Any ideas what to do? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Bakaagami
    [link] [comments]

    Is there transmutation in the game

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 01:02 PM PST

    I've been wondering if you can change the appearance of weapons and/or armor in the game, and couldn't find anything on the subject in the web

    submitted by /u/Saxmot999
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for some ideas!

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 05:51 PM PST

    Hey, so this is my first post I've made on here. I just wanted to see if anyone had any good ideas for things to do in Guild Wars these days. I'm currently working on the campaigns on a new toon that I recently made. I finished Prophesies earlier today and went straight to Factions.
    I recently came back after a very long break from the game.

    submitted by /u/massivexbereavement
    [link] [comments]

    Working on a turn-based game with a skill system inspired by GW1

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 06:49 AM PST

    Hi!

    For the past 2 years, I've been working on a turn-based multiplayer game called Tidewoken, which is heavily inspired by Guild Wars 1. GW accompanied me through my childhood and I never stopped thinking about it. Since I also love TBT (turn-based tactical) games, I always wanted to combine this genre with the skill system of GW. Although I had to do some adjustments because of the tiny development team (most of it is done by me) and currently don't have secondary professions, but I'd love to make skills in the future that can be used by multiple classes.

    Over a year ago I found /u/sirjisu (aka Shade) on this subreddit, who immediately joined the project and helped me a lot with testing and ideas :)

    We have a closed alpha test soon (Feb or March) and I'd love to have GW1 players try out the game and help me improve it even more. If you're interested in the project you can already sign-up for the alpha test and I'll send you a key once I have a fixed date: Alpha sign-up

    I've also put out a video today which explains some of the mechanics: Tidewoken - Creating a character build

    I'm excited to hear your opinion/feedback as this is my very first indie game and I've put my heart into it the past years, learning 3d modeling, animating, and coding all by myself, while working a full-time job. If you have questions or maybe ways to help, I'd really appreciate it :)!

    edit: If you want to follow/support the project we also have a Discord Server: https://discord.gg/hcR2m2R

    submitted by /u/Xreal
    [link] [comments]

    When Tesla stock falls again

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 04:49 AM PST

    Mobile port

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 07:47 AM PST

    I really wish they would just go ahead and drop a mobile port for guildwars 1. I would play the shit out of it.

    submitted by /u/Maccorkle
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment