• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 14, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - November 14, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - November 14, 2020


    Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - November 14, 2020

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 05:06 AM PST

    This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

    Resources:

    Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    A commissioned work of my commander and Trahearne in Siren's Landing.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 03:23 AM PST

    Fat Thor Cosplay

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 07:01 AM PST

    PSA: Bountiful Maintenance Oil, Superior Rune of Perplexity and Tormenting available thru PSNA today!

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 04:55 AM PST

    These recipes are available today thru the PSNA. You have until daily server reset!

    Bountiful Maintenance Oil at [&BJIBAAA=], needed for healing builds.

    Superior Rune of Perplexity at [&BNMCAAA=], useful for condi builds.

    Superior Rune of Tormenting at [&BH8HAAA=], useful for condi builds.

    submitted by /u/pfraites
    [link] [comments]

    By Ogden's Hammer what savings!

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 02:35 PM PST

    PoF is half off until November 23rd. In case anyone wanted to upgrade.

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 09:08 AM PST

    PSA: Superior Rune of Perplexity is available today!

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 05:41 PM PST

    The recipe for Rune of Perplexity, which is a Condi Confusion rune necessary for one of the top Mesmer Condi builds used for Largos and other raids is available TODAY until Saturday Reset (22 hours from the time of this post).

    To access it, Talk to the Pact Supply Network Agent south of Bard's Waypoint [&BMwCAAA=] (as long as you have the Supply Line Management mastery)

    Edit: I forgot at Midnight they move. He's now at Gallant's Folly (see comments for chat link)

    submitted by /u/SkeletonCommander
    [link] [comments]

    [qT] Ascalonian Catacombs Path 1 Duo 3:45 | Ele+Mesmer

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 09:08 AM PST

    Both fennec and I are insanely happy with this this run, over the last 3 days we pushed this record to it's absolute limits. Not only were we only 12 seconds slower than the 5-man record, we also beat the previous duo record by over a minute!

    Fennec (Mesmer): https://youtu.be/ISez4qCcbIU

    Subi (Ele): https://youtu.be/ekXo2SD94hk

      

    Some bonus outtakes from our attempts:

    https://youtu.be/JOid1j2tqtI

    https://youtu.be/dVoKgjS_8qQ

    https://youtu.be/1TjQX0QMohE

    submitted by /u/Subject0017
    [link] [comments]

    My thoughtful wife surprised me with these custom Guild Wars 2 shoes!

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 12:53 PM PST

    Rollerbeetle Love

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 06:07 PM PST

    [Art] Evening studies at Queensdale Academy. (Commissioned piece from Ktsuwe)

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 09:37 AM PST

    [WvW] Fun with Trap Dragonhunter - Landing Juicy Bombs on Zergs

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 09:04 AM PST

    Questions about Power Build for Open world (Renegade?)

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 06:39 AM PST

    Dear GW2 community,

    I could use your help with a power build for open world. I have been playing a lot condition trailblazer staff/staff mirage with energy and stamina sigil and undead runes for open world. Although it performs well, has high sustain (can solo champions, bounties) it is a bit slow in its damage application and as I played it a lot I would like a little variation.

    I'm playing for at least 80% of my playtime in open world, mostly solo or joining meta trains (S4, Dragonfall, Drizzlewood Coast and Bjora Marches). So if possible it should be suitable for solo open world solo champions and bounties and quickly be able to swap to more tagging or a build for a group in open world. Preferable by only using 1 armor set (ascended is farmable for me but it takes some time), I'm okay swapping weapons, trinkets as they are much easier to get several of and not locked behind sometimes expensive runes and can be used on all other chars on the account.

    Now for the build I would like to have a build that has at least on one of the weapon set a ranged weapon with a range of at least 900. Has good sustain and is capable to maintain solo at least 25 might and fury in open world. Now my eye has fallen on Power Renegade with shortbow. Together with the devastation trait line (3-3-3) for self sustain with the use of battle scars. I prefer to use the legendary stances of Shiro, Jallis and Kalla which suit well with a power build.

    I'm a big fan of pack runes and firework runes and ideally would make use of those for the build. Probably pack runes are they give boons to others as well and Shiro with impossible odds is good for fast running when not able to mount. While firework runes make it possible to drop Shiro completely for the other 2 stances. How much boon duration should I aim for in open world? When solo alacrity isn't so important, but useful in meta groups.

    I made a possible build, please let me know what you think.

    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmgAUVldQLMHaj1QasHKj9RjsAygJ/1/LF-zRZYBRFIGOD4gyLkmChCrgKSA1mlfftA-e

    Bonus points if you can help me with a power renegade build that can use the same armor in fractals/raids/strike missions (I don't do them much, but do them from time to time). I also took a look when making use of berserker armor, although I'm afraid it lacks sustain for open world but for fractals, raids it should be fine.

    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmgAUVldQLMHaj1QasHKj9RjsAygJ31/LF-zRRYBREDOKwlRhlQFZgaTjF22A-e

    I already got diviner gear, so it's not an issue and I'm fine to farm any gear but if its expensive I might use a budget exotic version first. Thank you all for taking your time to read my long post. I hope to hear from you.

    submitted by /u/MrYonax
    [link] [comments]

    Can't log in once download finishes

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 09:36 AM PST

    I run game under Proton in Steam and everything works smoothly except for the login - it's very weird.

    Before I didn't finish the download and would just start the game. Usually my first login attempt failed but when I tried again it worked.

    Today I finished the download and login didn't work anymore for me. I suspect it might be something firewall related but I disabled firewall on my router and on my system and it didn't change anything. I tried different `clientport` options but it also had no effect. I deleted game files and I could login again during the download.

    Does anyone know something about this? Does launcher try different ports when logging in?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/charlag
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anyway to make the game not recognize a button input?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 09:23 AM PST

    I mapped PTT to a mouse side button and whenever it is pressed I can't use the other mouse buttons or keys properly. It does like weird things to the cursor/camera. Was just wondering if there was anyway I can make M5 totally separate from game interacting keys.

    submitted by /u/Sayonara_MT
    [link] [comments]

    The Shatterer is heading towards me at the very top of Blazeridge Steppes

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 12:03 PM PST

    Anyone knows where i can read the lore?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 05:25 AM PST

    How do I deal with Thief (WvW)?

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 09:34 PM PST

    Even when surrounded by npcs in my own camp, i get bursted down by 1 thief before i can do anything. Even when i do get off my defensives properly (removing the max number of conditions, invising out, miraging out), i run out of defensives to use, and then get chased down and burst down because i have nothing. I'm using this power mirage build from vallun. I also tried the burst roamer build on metabattle, but i don't even get to attempt the combo before i am put on the defensive. Is this just a bad matchup? Am i supposed to just give up the camp?

    submitted by /u/jtom783
    [link] [comments]

    What is a good starting path for a freshly 500 weaponsmith?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 04:57 AM PST

    I just got weaponsmitthing to 500 last night after following a guide. It was expensive, but I am happy about it.

    What is a good path to start on for creating my first ascended or legendary weapon for my Norn Ranger?

    How do I get started?

    submitted by /u/5zalot
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to use discount for an upgrade?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 06:34 AM PST

    I have the expansions and don't really wanna buy the game again but I want to use the discount to buy the deluxe edition for the outfit, name change, etc. Any way to do this for the upgrade alone?

    submitted by /u/pox_demon
    [link] [comments]

    Got PoF and HoT as a gift, redeemed but in-game "Upgrade to full account" still shows?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 06:20 AM PST

    Hi guys. My bf bought me PoT and HoT. He bought it from G2A, I redeemed it on arena.net and it shows that both are active. When I logged into the game it still shows that I'm on the f2p account and still shows that "upgrade to full account" pop up thing. This was a few hours ago and still no change. I've logged out and logged back in with no effect. Bf said that it could possibly take 24 hours to upgrade but we're not sure. Did I mess up somewhere or is this normal? Sorry for the possible dumb question

    submitted by /u/what_do123
    [link] [comments]

    Can I disable this popping up after every battle? - the masteries are still locked because I haven't completed the story yet

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 01:39 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment