• Breaking News

    Monday, October 12, 2020

    Guild Wars Pre-searing Ascalon in Minecraft

    Guild Wars Pre-searing Ascalon in Minecraft


    Pre-searing Ascalon in Minecraft

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 07:16 AM PDT

    Pre-searing Ascalon in Minecraft

    So I remade Pre-searing in Minecraft...

    So far I have focused manly on Ascalon city and the surrounding area, but the end goal is to reimagine all of Ascalon before the searing (including areas not accessible in pre).

    https://preview.redd.it/2scb7f3z4hs51.png?width=2560&format=png&auto=webp&s=e9a2c2dbc87e359b638407a2919ac66d495ca7f0

    submitted by /u/olocal
    [link] [comments]

    Overload skill Overview!

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 06:31 PM PDT

    RA - Necro Offering of Blood [2 epic clips] - 10-11-20

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 06:45 PM PDT

    Together as one team build

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 02:15 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I thought about playing a ranger with the new elite skill "together as one" and wondered if anyone else considered an unconventional team combination (no Mesmers and stuff) which is able to run some HM stuff like dungeons.

    My idea so far: Player: ra/w with together as one an kurzic shout (bow) // 3x ranger with pet (some of them mele some of them with bow) // Para: support shouts (motivation) // Nec/rt: mm/heal // Rt: soul twisting prot // Any healer (maybe skip healer if prot and offheal cover everything and take a dervish)

    Is there a team build out there which is viable?

    Any suggestions/recommendations or should I just scrap my idea?

    submitted by /u/grafwaskderg
    [link] [comments]

    Exploring a Factions/Core skills only playthrough set

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 10:24 AM PDT

    TLDR: Inspired to play with Factions and Core skills + henchmen, but also interested in parts of Prophecies. Iron playthroughs and various players' challenges or weird ideas have provided fantastic examples!


    I wanted to share something I've been thinking about and being interested in for a while now.

     

    I've thought about doing campaign-specific playthroughs before. I think iron playthroughs have been an amazing development for the game, but I prefer to be more fluid. Recently, I've been watching MaskedVale's Factions/one class only series and Shade's 0-age LSoA, and it has inspired me to play more deeply!

     

    I've decided to do a Factions and Core skill playthrough. My guidelines have been gentler, so I've been using stashes, normal tomes (since Factions is very flexible with skills once you get to Kaineng City, and various characters to farm. The idea is to make various bars with the available skills and try to work with available Henchmen. The experience from this might inspire me to do an iron playthrough, but that's for later. Eventually, I'll go back and finish my Prophecies characters.

     

    One area where I'll experiment by trial and error is incorporating Prophecies content into my Factions play (i.e., using what was available before Factions). I think what motivates me is to appreciate the lesser used and rarer parts of GW. As a result, I'd like to also engage with the hidden gems of Prophecies. E.g., the +5 axe (cheapest perfect crafted item) from Amnoon Oasis, or trying to incorporate Disciplined Stance into a Factions-only caster bar to make use of using a Tactics shield. I think a guide for me will be to use as few tools from Prophecies as possible if that means it can create a totally different build or way to experience a build. However, it is also an opportunity to try and use that skill set to make a unique build for the Prohpecies campaign. (Aside: Fast Casting Glyph of Renewal + Meteor Shower build will happen if I take my mesmer to Prophecies. Efficiency be damned!) I'm also motivated by quirky builds and the variety possible of the off-meta things. In that vein, I've also been inspired by the builds for each elite projects (here and here), so I might bring in pieces of that to make as many elites work as possible!

     

    Hard Mode/Winds of Change is a whole other level of challenge, so I'll look to engaging with some of the easier-to-get heroes perhaps—that can be explored or left as is! I view it as an opportunity to make even stranger combinations of skills work under whatever guidelines I'm using. For example, Krschkr's builds, especially some older ones, have given some interesting examples for playing with heroes.

     

    Some draft mesmer bars I've been playing with:

    • Illusion of Pain with caster henchmen: OQdVAuwKyB+phrlDebCOOoprB2yA
    • Order of Pain with ranger and melee henchmen: OQREAoIjS8kByBku9lhYoNDbZ (The various interrupt skills are something I'm trying to bring in, but Order of Pain can be demanding.)
    • Psychic Instability with artificer insignia and some energy hiding: OQREAbgCOIFCx10C+2I4wBZ6E3A

     

    For equipment, I've been targeting various unique items to make use of them. An example would be Kyril's Fervor for my Order of Pain mesmer.

     

    If anyone has been doing similar things or has favourite parts of Factions, I'd love to hear about them! I chose Factions because while I appreciate older GW more, there are swaths of it that I've only experienced in part. I want to take in a full experience of Factions and explore it from a bunch of vantage points!


    Edit: fixing links, formatting/typographical errors

    submitted by /u/diessa
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot log on... "your account is not authorized..."

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 10:11 AM PDT

    I'm trying to log into my account and it's giving me the following message, "your account is not currently authorized to play Guild Wars. If you wish to continue playing, please click 'enter store' button above and purchase the appropriate Guild Wars campaign."

    Any idea what on earth is going on?

    I've sent a ticket but they will take awhile to reply.

    submitted by /u/Asymptomatic479
    [link] [comments]

    Mercenary Heroes

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 08:05 AM PDT

    Hi all! First of all, apologies for the newb question. I'm a brand new player to Guild Wars (I think I dabbled with a free weekend event back in the day) and I have just created a few Mercenary Heroes. However, I can't seem to create them with their helmets hidden. Can this actually be done? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Phoenix_Tail
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment