• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 17, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - October 17, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - October 17, 2020


    Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - October 17, 2020

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

    Resources:

    Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    [Fan-Art] Sisters

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 04:02 PM PDT

    A nice moment in wvw

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    So I was by myself just attacking a guard to get the daily land claim when three enemy players showed up around me. Fighting was always going to end up with me coming out second best so I was fully prepared for a quick death & respawn. I was close to killing the guard though so I made a valiant attempt to get the few xp before the inevitable. Afterwards though, I noticed they were still just standing around. I gave a what I hoped was a friendly wave then hesitantly moved to make the capture (I was outside the circle at the time). They allowed me to complete it, I bowed, they waved and I got out of there before I pushed my luck too far. That could have gone very differently, especially as I was using my thief with a shortbow and I think I might have hit them with a couple of bounced shots.

    Just one of the little things I love about the gw2 community. They would have been perfectly within their rights to punish me for trespassing, I would have respawned, gone somewhere else and not given it a second thought. Instead this time, I got a nice little moment out of it.

    submitted by /u/hoder1
    [link] [comments]

    A Big "Thank you" to the Dev who just made my day!

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 08:52 PM PDT

    So a little context: I just recently decided to make WvW my home. My character, Big Black Tyrese, does absolutely no crafting, and I've gotten two full sets of ascended armor without crafting a single thing. My next goal is to get the legendary backpack Warbringer.

    About 2 weeks ago, I saved just enough money to afford a Commander Tag. I decided to get a Catmander Tag, and that the easiest way would be to finally use the Armstice Bastion 2 week pass that I've been saving and do the JP there. I eventually got it after a few stressful tries. In my time here, Armstice Bastion has been an absolute HANGOUT. I love coming back here to learn and experiment with different siege that I normally save for other groupmates that I run with (shoutout to all the ET homies!).

    Today was my last day on the pass, and I was super bummed. I went into /Team chat to say my goodbyes to seeing the homies in Armstice. Lo and behold, I got a message from an ANet Developer containing ANOTHER 2 WEEK PASS, with the words to "keep the fun going!"

    This is hands down the best developer experience I've ever had in a video game. I simply cannot wipe the smile off my face. I really, really wanted to say thanks to whoever the dev was since I couldn't give you a return mail back! Thanks a bunch <3

    Edit: I have been informed I am a big dumb dumb. Thank you to whatever PLAYER gave me that 2 week pass. I'm still cheesing! TY YALL

    submitted by /u/CloneTroopah
    [link] [comments]

    I recently started playing GW2 again and found this 2B character style someone made and I was wondering which profession was used for it

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 10:41 PM PDT

    (Fan-Art) A pic of my main character called Tokolta Fireraven

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 06:53 AM PDT

    My thoughts on current Skyscale grind (from a 45 year old casual)

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 12:00 PM PDT

    I know that Skyscale has gotten a lot of grief for the grind that it takes and I agree, it's a BIZNATCH. However, as a casual player and married farther of two teenagers, I actually enjoyed the logging in daily to do little things here and there. The ONLY thing I have a serious gripe with is the final step, Skyscale flight. I think that part is total BS cause we've already been to all the locations (more then once) and for us to have to repeat it again is kinda lame. I'm currently on this part just FYI.

    The LS4 currencies were actually not too difficult to get as well. I just jumped on a few meta trains, followed Tac0's node guides and did a few renowned hearts here and there and got them in a few days. I also skipped the meta events needed in skyscale lost by using 4 extra-pungent skyscale treats. I wasn't about to wait around for those events to finish. JP portions were easy except for Sanctum of Nabkha, Crystal Oasis - that one gave me grief and took forever even with the skip. I've never been too good at JP's so this one made me cure a bit.

    So all in all I'm about a month in of just kinda trying. I guess the last two weeks were more of a daily "try" because I started seeing progress (especially after the Saving Skyscales portion) happen rather quickly and it felt attainable. I should have the glorious flying beast within the next few days.

    See you in the skies!

    submitted by /u/DieselJase
    [link] [comments]

    We made a Quaggan guild and got 30 people to join in a few hours! (EU)

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 03:25 PM PDT

    Unpopular Opinion: The Tagless Squads actually contribute to the Population issue in WvW

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 05:44 PM PDT

    Unpopular Opinion: The Tagless Squads actually contribute to the Population issue in WvW

    WvW has a known population retention issue for the last 8 years now.

    One aspect that I believe contributes to this is the Tagless Squads and the inability for the Map UI to display all Ally players on the Map we're playing on.

    Its all psychological. There is limited information present in the UI for how many players are playing WvW. When People join a WvW Map, and they see no Tags, they will often leave soon after because going forward is pointless for most players since your progression would be limited by your faction's lack of population to take objectives quickly or challenge larger enemy zergs.

    But the whole time there could be a hidden squad in the map, they just are not showing on the UI nor are the members letting people know where they are so others can join.

    This behavior runs potential population away from the map, and contributing to the Population Issue that WvW has.

    I can understand that some people want to have private groups to play with only their selected members. But thats what Private Squads are for to some degree. It wont stop people from running along with your squad, but at least people still know that there are others on the map and organized as well. This keeps people wanting to stay.

    My solution to this overall issue is Anet needs to update the Map UI to make it optional to display the location of all ally players on the map as a Green Dot, just like it already does when allies are nearby. But instead of having this Cloud of War over the allies on the map beyond the cloud of war, just keep all allies visible.

    This would lead to more players that jump in WvW to be able to locate other ally players doing task and potentially joining them at that location and either helping them, or going to another ally dot.

    submitted by /u/Knighthonor
    [link] [comments]

    Could the Domain of Vabbi be made playable, please?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 09:20 AM PDT

    I'm sure this comes up a lot but in the entire 3 months I've been dabbling around in this game (having come back from pre-hot), many pof zones suffer from lagspikes but for some reason DoV takes the absolute cake and is borderline unplayable. Considering you're supposed to do a bunch of story and collection-related champion bounties here... it's "lightly annoying" to say the least. I'm posting in reddit to make me feel better hug hug kiss kiss.

    submitted by /u/SurgyJack
    [link] [comments]

    I think my luck in this game peaked

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 12:12 PM PDT

    Which map areas do you think smell the worst?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 09:33 AM PDT

    We know what these places look and sound like, but which map areas do you think smell the worst?

    I'm guessing likely the Sulfur Quarry in the Desolation... and Cursed Shore looks pretty nasty too.

    submitted by /u/SadMesmer
    [link] [comments]

    FYI - If you're looking for a quick and easy way to farm a few extra Black Lion Keys - Buy LWS2E6

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 03:09 PM PDT

    You can spend some gold to buy 200 gems and purchase LW Season 2, Epsiode 6 Tangled Paths.

    the entire episode takes about 1.5 - 2 hours to complete, and gives you a black lion key! If you have plenty of level 80 characters, then you can have that many keys off just unlocking this episode once for 200 gems.

    submitted by /u/Bizarrmenian
    [link] [comments]

    Guardian current state in pvp since latest patch

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 08:14 AM PDT

    Hey,

    I'm a bit lost right now with my guardian in pvp, since latest patch symbols aren't viable anymore and i don't know what to play besides burning guardian. I've been seeking advices ingame but no one has helped me yet so here i am.

    submitted by /u/Quality_Plasmid
    [link] [comments]

    Fire Breathing LongBow and Quiver.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 08:08 AM PDT

    How would I be able to get this now?

    submitted by /u/AdelaideMez
    [link] [comments]

    Silly Rev question

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 07:50 AM PDT

    So there is a bug that can happen with Mallyx form where you get a permanent visual and audio effect from it, and I was wondering if it's possible people know how to repeat it purposefully?

    I've found that for some reason I find the whispers that it makes kind of soothing in hectic metas and stuff sometimes lol

    submitted by /u/ScyD
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone want to get their character drawn?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 04:55 PM PDT

    According to some of my last drawings it's been almost ....4 years since I last did drawings for folks and I want to get back into it again. My best memories of working with people where from those who reached out to me in GW2. It was bumpy at first but I learned a lot about how to structure my method to customers and make people happy with the outcome. I am doing a little promotion for the first few people who want to work with me and some of you might even recognize my work from a loooooong time ago here haha. I will leave a link to my gallery if folks just want to take a gander too, all of them should be fit to most computer wallpapers!
    https://www.deviantart.com/poshkrogan/gallery/45189212/gw2

    submitted by /u/galvanizedfe
    [link] [comments]

    Loving It So Far!

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 02:54 AM PDT

    Im new to GW2 came over from SWTOR and was looking for a MMORPG to get into with my friends knowing where all cheap and not gonna pay monthly subs ( I do for SWTOR cause i love star wars lol). I Love the combat and the art work is beautiful great community and the Mounts my lord gonna get my credit card out lol. My favorite part though is that I don't have to no life grind every day with the fear of getting left behind like WOW or FFVIV etc. The story is bland but I just run solo on SWTOR for story anyways everything else is A1 happy i gave the game a shot. BEST Non-Monty subscription game on the market! :)

    submitted by /u/christien62
    [link] [comments]

    Retaining Keybinds?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 06:17 AM PDT

    Hey all. My friend is occupied out of town for a while and can't play, so I'm doing the Halloween festival achievements for her.

    However, she uses very different keybinds for movement, skills, mounts, etc. Is there a way I can save her keybinds, load mine, and then load hers when I'm done playing? Perhaps by copying a data file or something? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/ClaraFee
    [link] [comments]

    Steam bets, i love this game!

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    First of all, I want to say that I really like the game (and I'm a WvW player).

    But anet's problems are clear and three of them in particular (I think) will generate a flood of negatives.

    1. The engine is very poorly optimized, but I don't think it has much to do, taking care of it is very expensive.

    2. Marketing is just bad, there is no good publicity, nor good trailers, they don't know how to generate hype.

    3. Community Manager, anet urgently needs a prepared team or to train the ones it already has, it needs a face, a good example is Bex (PoE, even the league coming out all buggy and with design flaws, it manages to calm everyone and prevents the hate from spreading), we need someone like that, to talk to the community, WvW has been promising updates for more than 6 months and nothing, we need someone to at least come and say, "we are having difficulties, we need delay the project, but we are still working on it ", something as simple as that would calm down the community (WvW) and this is just an example.

    But let's get to what really matters, what will the overall reviews be on steam? Let the bets begin!

    Tldr: My English is bad, correct me so I can improve, thanks!

    submitted by /u/Junnys
    [link] [comments]

    Tips and Advice to new Guild Wars 2 WvW commanders

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 10:27 AM PDT

    Get more FPS out of your Ryzen CPU

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 11:45 AM PDT

    Hey All,

    Just thought id share this piece of info with you. I currently have a Ryzen 7 3800 and d912pxy plugin. I recently read of someone setting the affinity of their CPU cores for gw2.exe on the GW2 forums, in order to get more FPS out of their CPU.

    I just wanted to share that ever since I set the affinity for GW2.exe to use only CPU 8 - CPU 15, im getting much higher FPS. It evenly distributes the load across all 8 logical cpus.

    (NOTE: you have to do this every time you open GW2 and you must have d912pxy plugin)

    Quick tutorial for Win 10:

    1. Open GW
    2. Click the Windows key
    3. Right Click on your windows taskbar, and select "Task Manager"
    4. Click Processes Tab
    5. Fine "Guild Wars 2 Game Client"
    6. Right click on it, and select "Go to details"
    7. Right Click on Gw2-64.exe and select "Set affinity"
    8. Select the last 8 logical cpus you have available. (Note: selecting more than 8 actually reduces cpu performance. I selected 8-15, and unchecked all others.)

    Below is a link how to do this, if the above was like confusing.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37flYSGOlaA

    Thanks and I hope this helps!

    submitted by /u/Rush570
    [link] [comments]

    good ways to farm mats? Pact Scout's Mapping Materials ?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 03:54 AM PDT

    I need a lot of materials to craft conflux and was wondering if something like Pact Scout's Mapping Materials is a good way to do it? I don't want to spend too much gold on materials so I'm looking for farming options.
    Also does anyone know how many of these you need to max out on a map, or how they actually work? it says on the wiki https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Map_bonus_reward that "Every 20th reward gives ten times as many of the current item." If somebody could explain, would be great.

    submitted by /u/Schmausil
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for finding a guild without a guild browser? (Not a LFG post)

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 04:07 PM PDT

    I've been an off and on player for the last 7-8 years, and lately, I've had a harder time finding a guild in game. The guilds that I was initially in have long since gone away, and so I have extra guild slots. My usual format is one for a map I'm currently interested in, one for friends, one for WvW, one for general PvE, and one that just sort of rotates around.

    However, I've noticed that my hypercasual playstyle (as in, I sometimes play once every 3 months or I sometimes play a few times a week) as of recent makes it harder to stay in an established guild. Because of the cap of players (or just because the guild has strange rules), if I don't log in every two weeks or so, I'll get booted from larger guilds. I can join one of the many that are recruiting in LA, but they tend to often only have 7-8 active people in them, compared to the 40-60 that I'm used to.

    I've liked the "guild browsers" in other games. It takes away from the communication and closeness feeling of being "recruited" however. I'm somewhat glad GW2 doesn't have one. But at the same time, does anyone know good ways to find guilds that would suit me easily?

    My initial idea was to join various Discords, so even if I'm not in the guild in game, I can still message there, but most players seem to just have those there as a Teamspeak, where it's just for voice, not for talking. /g is where the talking happens.

    submitted by /u/AccidentalNGon
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment