• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 3, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - October 03, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - October 03, 2020


    Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - October 03, 2020

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 06:06 AM PDT

    This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

    Resources:

    Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Today is my birthday and my boyfriend fulfilled my Guild Wars 2 wishes! I have my very own Quaggan and the art book!

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 01:51 AM PDT

    "Did someone call a medic?" (3D art)

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 07:32 AM PDT

    Since I see a lot of new players asking what GW2 offers, I made a little "guide". Feel free to add to the additional column. Hope it helps :)

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:17 AM PDT

    I beat the personal story and have my first level 80 character! And have a question, does anyone else absolutely hate Orr as much as I do?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 03:50 PM PDT

    I love this bug

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 03:49 AM PDT

    I wonder what he is doing this election...

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:33 PM PDT

    I'm late to the party, but I finally managed to finish my most wanted achievement!

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 12:10 PM PDT

    The borderland be a cruel place.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 02:39 PM PDT

    [ART] Dragon Fights

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    What are the more difficult PvE Achievements?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 04:28 AM PDT

    Hey, people! Do you guys know which achievements that really challenge you as a player? I would love some inputs!

    submitted by /u/glennorini
    [link] [comments]

    Thanks to Strike Missions I started raiding. Last night I got my first CM kills.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:27 AM PDT

    Many of us are aware that ArenaNet's plan for Strike Missions in the Icebrood Saga was for them to be a stepping stone process to get into raids. This has been met with... Skepticism from veteran raiders. But Strike Missions were what changed my mind from "raids are beyond me" to "I think I can do this." If you don't read any further into this post, I just want to urge players that enjoy Strikes to please give raids an honest try. It is well worth it.

    The Shiverpeaks Pass strike was a weird one for the community. It's big DPS golem with only one attack that is reasonably capable of downing people, and that attack can be dodged through if timed correctly. It was frustratingly easy, with some people reporting that a solo daredevil with invigorating precision can autoattack it to death. On the day that the strike released I joined a group of people farming it for the chair drop, and this was my first ever experience with 10-man content. Over the course of 3 hours I quickly learned how I could improve my effectiveness in getting quick kills and the team got brutally efficient. Though we never did that again (because there was no point) I think that was the moment that made me think "huh, is this what raiding is like?"

    After doing that strike daily for a couple of weeks (and never once getting the ebon shoulder box to drop) I joined the NA raid training discord and lurked for a bit. I saw people asking what good beginner classes were for raiding and I decided to try the builds that were suggested. I made harrier druid and a berserker banner berserker. After a little bit more time I joined my first raid training as a druid.

    The first boss was Soulless Horror.

    Now that's a... Difficult boss to start people on but it was my first raid kill. Did I really know what I was doing? Eh, not really. But spending two hours with other people and finally succeeding and being rewarded with a unique ascended weapon drop was enough to tell me that I had enjoyed the experience. I had the DPS report from that run book marked for weeks.

    Raid training quickly became an issue for me though. The next boss I did was Largos Twins and that was 2 hours of frustration with no kill. Then we did a Wing 1 run where I did manage to get kills on VG and Gors, but fell apart completely on Sabetha. And with raid trainings being spur of the moment with no scheduling it was tough to get a group going. A bunch of us did try to start our own run on Deimos but that went nowhere. So I ended up not bothering anymore.

    Months passed and more strikes got added. I did a lot of bears and fraenir and even a couple of boneskinner attempts that didn't feel like hell. It was when Whisper of Jormag came out that I started getting that same feeling I had when I was doing raid training. Whisper was challenging and chaotic but it was fun. I commanded a number of groups and taught a few people how the mechanics worked in 1 on 1 sessions and I had a blast doing it. I tried getting back into raid trainings but it never went anywhere.

    Finally, I joined a large guild that my wife was a part of and hung out with them for a while. They had a group of raiders that did their own regular runs and finally I mentioned that I was interested in learning. It was not long before they invited the two of us into the group as fill ins, and later static members.

    I think this is the best way to learn raids personally. Our raid leader would go over the mechanics with us before each fight and give suggestions on what to do, and we had several experienced people there to help make up for our shortcomings. Since joining this guild I have gotten full clears on Wings 1-4 and 7. We're still practicing on Dhuum every Saturday but we're getting closer and closer to that kill. I've added DPS and condi banners to my role list and I'm also trying to get a feel for quickbrand.

    Last night I was invited to Wing 4 CMs against Cairn and MO, with successful kills on both. I ended up playing mostly condi banners and had a lot of fun doing it. My DPS wasn't amazing (22k avg) but it's getting better and better as I get more comfortable with mechanics amd rotations.

    All of this progress happened in less than a year. I went from grinding out kills on Shiverpeak Pass Icebrood Construct to being in raid static and completing CMs in what I would consider a short time. If not for Strike Missions being added I don't know that I would have ever gotten a real taste of how much fun 10 man PvE content could be. I also owe a lot to our guild leaders for giving me a shot and teaching me. Veterans, I encourage you to do the same. If we want Wing 8 and more to be added to the game, we should try to encourage players to give raids a try and give them the chance to enjoy it.

    Newer players, if you're doing daily strikes and getting quick kills on bears and fraenir, you probably have a good chance of doing really well in raids. It can take a bit of practice and prep, but it's a lot of fun and a much higher reward. Create or join a guild that is willing to run raids and see what you think about it.

    And if you made it through the whole post, thank you for bearing with me. Tomorrow I'll hopefully get that long awaited kill on Dhuum. We got him down to 12% last week!

    submitted by /u/TannenFalconwing
    [link] [comments]

    Yeah i love this game, After xx years progresing towards my first li :).

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 08:54 AM PDT

    I drew my RP character and I‘m way too proud of her.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 10:15 AM PDT

    Living World Season 5: The Icebrood Saga ➡ Speculation on where we could be going next

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 06:21 AM PDT

    salvaging ascended armor

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 05:55 AM PDT

    Hey guys, quick question:

    Can you salvage ascended armor even after you have equiped it?

    submitted by /u/Craethi
    [link] [comments]

    HELP, New 80 Mesmer can't complete content.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    I'm new to GW2, finished leveling to 80. I've been trying to do Crystal Desert for mounts. Completely unable to complete 'Night of Fires'. I'm certain the problem is my gear and build. Most of my research on gear and guides ended up with dead links. Don't know where to turn at this point.

    submitted by /u/CarneDiem
    [link] [comments]

    Will my characters be able to craft each other all the gear they will need?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:04 PM PDT

    In other words, will any of the items crafted be soul bound, or will they just be account bound? I'm just trying to figure out if, for example, I will end up wanting both my rev and my warrior to be weapon smiths, or if I will be fine with just one of them having the crafting skills.

    Also, what about bags?

    Sorry if this is something I should have been able to find easily, but I've been having trouble finding anything conclusive.

    Thanks in advance!

    EDIT: Thank you so much for the great responses, everyone!!

    submitted by /u/feline_alli
    [link] [comments]

    What’s with the lag recently?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 10:17 AM PDT

    Is it just me or servers I've been playing on fine before are now suddenly being extra laggy, just curious

    submitted by /u/kegarisource
    [link] [comments]

    Does level 80 boost level crafting skills too?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 08:17 AM PDT

    Feeling confused. I returned to the game after a while and boosted a character to level 80, just so I could get a mount quick and then go back to my other characters. That character was a chef/jeweler, and after boosting it I noticed that both of those were level 400. I'm positive I did not level them to 400 myself, especially since I was only level 37, but I also can't find anything indicating that the level 80 boost would have done it.

    Can anybody help me understand what happened?

    submitted by /u/feline_alli
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone ever salvaged the named Warbeast armour skins?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 01:46 PM PDT

    So I got a rare drop, the Tiara of the Temple Guard. It seems to be a special named version of the Warbeast armour, like there are for the Spearmarshal set (ie Salomon, Sagal & Haimi's armour). Doing a search, these items have come up in at least 3 other threads, with people wondering why it sells for quite a bit of gold, but no one really seems to know why.

    There is a little line on the item description that says "This rare armor contains bonus salvage." So, has anyone every actually salvaged one of these things, and if so, what was the bonus salvage?

    submitted by /u/ShadowbaneX
    [link] [comments]

    Which skyscale skin you guys currently use? And what do you think of it?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 07:08 AM PDT

    I just got my skyscale last weeks. So thinking of buying the skin for him. I actually like Shimmering skin but look like it wont available for purchase anytime soon.

    So ... i have an eye for venomous.. (the 1 horn guy- not shiny , a bit boring but way more different than standard skin) and frost soul skin (shiny but the model looks similar to standard skin), both are from curious mount license i think. Anyway i want to ask about your opinion toward your skyscale skin? Did you love it at all and why?

    May be i can consider other skin or even decide which one suit me better.

    Thanks for help!

    submitted by /u/yeyereddaddy
    [link] [comments]

    Screenshot folder is full?!

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 07:00 AM PDT

    Hey there!

    I usually like to take lots of screenshots ingame of the beautiful scenery, of nice characters, you name it. But for a few weeks I have this weird problem that the game states my screenshot folder is full...while it's not. I already renamed the folder with only 300 screens in and shifted it but after a few screens I always get this error.

    Anyone got some advice?

    submitted by /u/Tungd1l
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment