• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 14, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Patch Bug Thread | 13th of October, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Patch Bug Thread | 13th of October, 2020


    Patch Bug Thread | 13th of October, 2020

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 09:00 AM PDT

    Booo, spooky patch, spooky bugs


    [Bug tracker] -- [How to report]

    submitted by /u/RandommUser
    [link] [comments]

    Tried to fix the new Sand Lion's face

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 04:27 PM PDT

    Five-year-old completing Mad King's Clock Tower

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 01:37 AM PDT

    Definitively fixed the new Sand Lion's face

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 04:43 AM PDT

    For the last two years, I've posted a meme for Mad King time. This year, I have a new one that I made!

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 07:42 PM PDT

    [Halloween] Boss Doors and the MF Changes

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 04:50 PM PDT

    Hey there again ghosts and ghouls! This is going to be a wall of unnecessary information for most of you, so scroll to the bottom for a tl;dr if you don't care and just want to know what you should do.

    At the end of the post for my guide that I made the other day I mentioned how nothing should change and everything in the guide should be up-to-date for this year but for some reason it did, I'd update it ASAP. Well, Anet decided to make me eat my words, and we got a fairly significant change! (As far as Halloween changes go, anyways)

    Those of you who read the patch notes or have gone in the Lab since release will probably know about the new MF buff you get from killing the bosses. Considering my guide was tailored for skipping the bosses, it shakes things up a bit. I spent the better part of the day collecting info and doing calculations and as far as whether killing or skipping bosses is better, it's a bit muddier now. So I'll break it down for those of you who are interested:

    The new MF Buff works as follows:

    • Max of 75% MF bonus, 25% each (Viscount, Lich, Steve). If you link it in chat it says max 4 stacks, but so far I've found no way to get 4.
    • There's a combined timer, 20 mins, and if it expires, you lose all stacks
      • This timer resets with every boss kill
    • Anet foresaw the whole "kill all once and then only kill Steve'' strat I was hoping for, preemptively said "haha nope" and made it so whenever the boss door (or steve himself) respawns, their stack of the buff is lost.
    • Viscount and Lich have 26 min timers, meaning you have to kill them both technically three times in an hour to keep their stacks up. To be exact, you'll need to kill them 2.3 times an hour. That's 4.6 times in total.

      So, is it worth it? Well:

    • Most competent groups can kill both bosses in under 2 min. Really good groups can get close to 1min 30s kill times or lower.

    • We know that roughly Magic Find % = bags/hr. Bags/min would then be MF% / 60.

    • The bosses also all have drops, which is usually ~11 ToT bags (2 large candy, 1 normal ToT), plus some other trash which I can't be bothered to figure out the loot table for.

    Calculations:

    Bags we would have if we just skipped (2 min)

    Calculation Result
    Time lost: 4.6 boss kills * 2 min each 9.2 minutes
    Bags Lost (300 MF): 9.2 min * 5 bags/min 46 bags lost
    Bags Lost (500 MF): 9.2 min * 8.33 bags/min 77 bags lost
    Bags Lost (700 MF) 9.2 min * 11.66 bags/min 107 bags lost

    Bags if we kill bosses and get extra MF (2 min)

    Calculation Result
    Extra Bags/Min from 50% MF 50 bags per hour / 60 min 0.833 extra bags/min
    Time Actually Farming 60 min - 9.2 min spent killing 50.8 min
    Extra bags from MF 50.8 min * 0.833 bag/min 42.32 extra bags
    Plus Total Bags from Killing 4 kills * 11 bags each 44 bags
    Total Bags if we kill Bosses 42 bags + 44 bags 84 total bags

    Bags we would have if we just skipped (1.5 min - 1min 30s)

    Calculation Result
    Time lost: 4.6 boss kills * 2 min each 6.9 minutes
    Bags Lost (300 MF): 6.9 min * 5 bags/min 35 bags lost
    Bags Lost (500 MF): 6.9 min * 8.33 bags/min 57 bags lost
    Bags Lost (700 MF) 6.9 min * 11.66 bags/min 80 bags lost

    Bags if we kill bosses and get extra MF (1.66 min - 1min 30s)

    Calculation Result
    Extra Bags/Min from 50% MF 50 bags per hour / 60 min 0.833 extra bags/min
    Time Actually Farming 60 min - 6.9 min spent killing 53.1 min
    Extra bags from MF 53.1 min * 0.833 bag/min 44.23 extra bags
    Plus Total Bags from Killing 4 kills * 11 bags each 44 bags
    Total Bags if we kill Bosses 44 bags + 44 bags 88 total bags

    Okay, cool tables bro, what's it mean?

    tl;dr

    If your squad can kill sub ~1min 35s: Kill the bosses regardless of your MF

    If your squad can't:

    • High MF (above ~560%): You need to kill within about 1min 40s to be a net gain. Any less and it's a net loss, so you should skip.
    • Low MF (sub ~560%): You should kill them, just do it reasonably fast. If it's taking over 3 minutes, it's not worth it.

    For anyone interested, I've updated my Looting the Labyrinth guide to reflect the new update.

    submitted by /u/xTeh
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Height markers on the minimap are working again!

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 02:02 PM PDT

    It seems to me that they have (finally) fixed those! I never thought I'd miss such a rather small feature so dearly.

    submitted by /u/Tungd1l
    [link] [comments]

    The Whisper of Jormag is a well-tested and polished encounter

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 04:54 PM PDT

    Shadow of the Mad King - Halloween Festival Achievement Guide

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 09:59 AM PDT

    Hello Reddit!

    Here is the achievement guide for the Halloween Festival, I hope it helps :D

    https://guildjen.com/2020/10/13/halloween-festival-achievements-guide/

    submitted by /u/GuildJen
    [link] [comments]

    [Art] Bulky Salad

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 11:01 PM PDT

    Commission I made for a friend. All his MMO mains in a wallpaper. Here are his GW2 characters, a Warrior and a Revenant. Full wallpaper at https://www.instagram.com/p/CGTVpyfseCB/

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 04:58 PM PDT

    How is this Game as a main "PvP" Game

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 12:48 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I am looking for a PvP oriented MMO and always hear good things about GW2, but thats only when I hear about GW2, and thats sadly not too often, so I got some questions

    1. Is there any form of 1v1 PvP (I can't recall there being some, but maybe it changed?)

    2. How alive is the PvP (EU), can I queue up and get into matches consistently?

    3. Is PvP really completely Skill Based as in no Gear, MTX etc. matters? And also can I gear up with PvP or do I need to play the whole Story / Dungeons / Raids etc. (Not a problem for me tho)

    Thats about all the questions I have, thanks to any kind soul who answers :)

    Good day !

    submitted by /u/saawry
    [link] [comments]

    With Mad King Thorn visiting us, the good folks over at metabattle have updated the lab farming builds. If you are like me and looking for a good tag build, this might be it. Enjoy.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 02:20 PM PDT

    Dark Matter Weapons Preview

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    Candy Corn Gobbler - Need QoL Update

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 02:15 PM PDT

    Is anyone else disappointed they still haven't updated the candy corn gobbler to work like the wintersday one. Basically opens a mini shop to buy in bulk instead of one at a time.

    Ideally it would have two options for purchase the buffs and the costumes (so the people who bought it for either can use it either way).

    submitted by /u/PinkNinjaMan
    [link] [comments]

    Mad King JP Daily Limit?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 01:01 AM PDT

    So I hopped on really quickly this morning to do Mad King JP. After getting into a fresh game and getting it, I decided "I'll just keep going until I fail."

    Over the next 2 hours and 15 minutes, I did it 42 times in a row.

    However, on my 43rd try, when I jumped into the clock tower, it just didn't let me "enter." I fell to my death and got teleported back to the waiting area.

    I figured it was a burst of lag or something weird maybe, so I tried again. On my 44th try, once again I fell to my death and got teleported to the waiting area.

    By now I had already resigned myself to quitting for the night, but I was PMing with some people in my lobby, and while doing so, I got pulled into another round. So again, on my 45th try, I 'missed' the clock tower entrance (fell right past the entryway) and got teleported back to the waiting area.

    My ping was 90ms, and I wasn't experiencing any other lag really. I could understand maybe making a mistake once, but three times in a row after successfully executing it 42 times in a row?

    Is there some kind of anti-bot measure or something in place that doesn't let you get too many JP completions in a day or something? Maybe around 50? Because I definitely got it at least 8 times before that within the last 24 hours.

    EDIT: I know exactly how many times I ran it in the last 24 hours: 65 (3 * 21 + 2). I've done the CT in previous years (2014), but not since the infinite achievement came out. So I definitely started 24 hours ago with zero // started "today" (daily reset time) with 23 (i.e., all 42 I got today were in that one chain run).

    submitted by /u/--orb
    [link] [comments]

    Heart of Thorn by Snargle Goldclaw

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 10:52 AM PDT

    Just found a new Snargle Goldclaw book at the Mad King's Labyrinth. Let me share another masterpiece with all of you. https://imgur.com/a/VLd5JyG

    submitted by /u/shimgrin
    [link] [comments]

    [Data-Mining] Upcoming features from the October 13 patch

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 09:45 AM PDT

    Hello everybody,

    Halloween is here and the next update will be in two weeks 👻

    enjoy

    Images

    Items

    Item Description
    Headgear
    [&AgG7bwEAAA==] Bat Wings Headpiece
    Mount
    [&AgHGbwEAAA==] Sand Lion Warclaw Skin
    Cape
    [&CqYlAAA=] Lunatic Court Cape
    Chair
    [&AgGpbwEA] Vermilion Throne
    Package
    2338739_0060 Mad King Mega Bundle
    2338740_0010 Mad King Mega Bundle now available!
    Halloween
    2344265_0478 Don't get booed off the stage.
    [&AgGkbwEA] Costume Contest Invitation
    Dark Matter Weapons
    [&CqMlAAA=] Dark Matter Axe
    [&Cp0lAAA=] Dark Matter Dagger
    [&CpglAAA=] Dark Matter Focus
    [&Cq0lAAA=] Dark Matter Greatsword
    [&Cp4lAAA=] Dark Matter Hammer
    [&CqslAAA=] Dark Matter Longbow
    [&CqQlAAA=] Dark Matter Mace
    [&CrUlAAA=] Dark Matter Pistol
    [&CpclAAA=] Dark Matter Rifle
    [&CqUlAAA=] Dark Matter Scepter
    [&CpslAAA=] Dark Matter Shield
    [&CpIlAAA=] Dark Matter Short Bow
    [&CqIlAAA=] Dark Matter Staff
    [&Cq4lAAA=] Dark Matter Sword
    [&CpUlAAA=] Dark Matter Torch
    [&CpklAAA=] Dark Matter Warhorn
    2310088_0319 Dark Matter Weapons
    Demon-Haunted Weapons
    [&CpolAAA=] Demon-Haunted Axe
    [&CqklAAA=] Demon-Haunted Dagger
    [&CrAlAAA=] Demon-Haunted Focus
    [&CpMlAAA=] Demon-Haunted Greatsword
    [&CqolAAA=] Demon-Haunted Hammer
    [&CpwlAAA=] Demon-Haunted Longbow
    [&CpYlAAA=] Demon-Haunted Mace
    [&CrIlAAA=] Demon-Haunted Pistol
    [&CqclAAA=] Demon-Haunted Rifle
    [&Cq8lAAA=] Demon-Haunted Scepter
    [&CpQlAAA=] Demon-Haunted Shield
    [&CrQlAAA=] Demon-Haunted Short Bow
    [&CqElAAA=] Demon-Haunted Staff
    [&CqAlAAA=] Demon-Haunted Sword
    [&Cp8lAAA=] Demon-Haunted Torch
    [&CqwlAAA=] Demon-Haunted Warhorn
    2329599_0381 Demon-Haunted Weapons
    Guild Decorations
    [&AgGjbwEA] Grand Clock Tower Gear
    [&AgGibwEA] Pumpkin Lanterns
    [&AgGqbwEA] Clock Tower Gear
    2329599_0839 Haunted Door
    [&AgGfbwEA] Bat Lanterns
    PvP
    2332667_0206 Enjoy a series of special event tournaments!
    2338740_0910 Special Event: 2v2 Team Deathmatch
    2338740_0911 Special Event: 3v3 Team Deathmatch
    2338740_0912 Special Event: 4v4 Team Deathmatch
    2338740_0913 Special Event: Stronghold
    Events
    2175219_0337 Community Goal Reward Tier 1
    2179853_0004 Community Goal Reward Tier 4
    2179853_0094 Community Goal Reward Tier 2
    2179853_0390 Community Goal Reward Tier 3
    2179853_0458 Community Goal Reward Tier 5
    submitted by /u/that_shaman
    [link] [comments]

    Character got stuck in the level up animation. Thought id do a superman pose.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 05:13 PM PDT

    [NA] Anyone else getting severe lag lately

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 08:24 PM PDT

    The last few days GW2 has been completely unplayable for me. I am getting "casting lag" of up to 30 seconds, rubber banding back and forth and a ping that swings wildly between 200 and 4000.

    This happens consistently in all zones so it seems to be unrelated to the server lag in LS4/5 zones that I've seen lots of people point out.

    Thing is, I just moved to a new house and changed ISP so I am trying to figure out if this is an issue with GW2 or if I just got stuck with an awful ISP...

    submitted by /u/Camburcito
    [link] [comments]

    Demon-Haunted Weapons Preview

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 10:25 AM PDT

    Help needed for massive lag since Halloween event

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 06:11 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    As stated, I get massive lag almost constantly and everywhere since the event started. Fractals have been the worst yet so the daily T4 became a challenge and I'm lucky I had a good pug.

    Do you know anything I could try to make it better ? Computer and connection usually have no problems at all and they shouldn't either now :(

    Thanks

    Edit : half my team was struggling like me, the other half no lag at all

    submitted by /u/Kaias84
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment