• Breaking News

    Monday, August 3, 2020

    Guild Wars Finally got LDoA for the first Time!

    Guild Wars Finally got LDoA for the first Time!


    Finally got LDoA for the first Time!

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 06:15 PM PDT

    Finally got LDoA for the first Time!

    After playing this game for so long, I finally decided to get this title after wanting it for so many years. Feeling so much excitement, I thought I'd share this with yall!

    https://preview.redd.it/qnoi81vvuoe51.png?width=632&format=png&auto=webp&s=410d44f3b7b391c1fbcd7f223e5b3767d38ebea4

    submitted by /u/Scruffles_Mclovin
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else struggle to get this nick set?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 11:18 AM PDT

    Question about the white Mantle//Mursaat

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    I just played through all the GW campaigns and I'm reading through the 3 novels before I jump into playing GW2 so if the answer to this question contains spoilers for anything involving GW2 storyline or lore please don't spoil, just let me know that the answer is in GW2.

    But anyway, it's just about the morality of the White Mantle and the Mursaat. Throughout the second half of Prophecies they're basically the villains of the game, and it isn't until the twist at the end that you realize who the Lich is AND that the Mursaat are actually guarding the door of Komalie from letting the Titans out.

    But I feel like the game doesn't do a good job of wrapping things up for the Mursaat. So they all get genocided by the heroes even though they were ultimately maybe good? Their methods of murdering the Chosen to power the soul batteries are DEFINITELY questionable but also sort of for the greater good?

    Or is the answer that it's a grey area? The WM were taken advantage of by the Mursaat for their own purposes, but they also were sort of tyrants in Kryta. and during the civil war with the Shining Blade they kind of just wanted to hold onto power.

    I guess I just want things wrapped up neatly but it's a little more complex than that, right? What do you ladies and gents think?

    submitted by /u/wild__leeks
    [link] [comments]

    How can I get back into this game?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 09:27 PM PDT

    TLDR: Gone for a long time, making an attempt to reconnect with the game and trying to find my motivation for progressing, don't really know where to look!

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Hi Folks,

    Hope everyone is having a lovely day/evening wherever you might be, and that you are all staying safe.

    A few weeks ago I posted on this forum asking: Why do YOU still play Guild Wars? A post that (to my surprise) amassed quite a few replies from the community!

    It was honestly surprising and also very inspiring to see all of the interesting stories everyone had to share. It is clear from the narratives in that post that people truly are committed to the game, and find great joy in continuing with it after all of these years.

    As I said in that post (and for those who didn't catch that one) I am predominantly a Guild Wars 2 player. I did play Guild Wars for a brief roughly 1.5-2 year period on and off in the mid 2000s, and for an hour here and there at random points since then. With that said, I haven't seriously returned to the game in years. I decided to spend some time last week trying to familiarize myself with the game again, and was quite lost. I don't honestly remember much about the game anymore, and I think starting a new character in Prophecies was probably a terrible idea!

    I had forgotten just how challenging this game could be, and so I ended up frustrated and logging off after a while. I tried playing again this weekend, and just ended up warping randomly but not really doing much.

    Truth is, I haven't done much in this game. Yes I did complete Factions, but that's the only campaign I've finished, with Nightfall at about 80-90% done as well. The thing is I don't have a driving goal, or a motivation, nor am I familiar with the game in such a way as to be able to find one.

    I did see a few cool armors/costumes when I was in Kamadan, I love the spiky Dervish look, everyone seems to have it in black, very brooding looking. I also liked how some of the Eye of the North prestige armors look, but I imagine getting those would take months at the minimum.

    One of the things that I know motivates me to play an MMO is having a character I fundamentally like to look at. I am a very shallow person, and aesthetics really are important to me. In fact, I've been known to avoid mid-maxing simply because I don't like how something looks (e.g., I refuse to use Torch in GW2 on my War because I haven't found one I like aesthetically, instead opt for dual Axes + GS).

    In a way, I got very lucky in GW2, that I was able to just buy a skin that kept me in love with my character, and thus, prompted me to continue playing and progressing. Then, after a while, I was able to unlock skins from in-game content that I loved too.

    Anyways, this post is getting a bit long. So I guess I'll cut to the core questions:

    If you quit and came back to GW at some point, what was your motivation for staying?

    Given the above narrative (if you managed to read it all) what would you recommend I do to try and find some motivation to progress in the game?

    Thanks folks!

    submitted by /u/alazar14
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin Survivability & Combat Questions

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:34 AM PDT

    I have been leveling an assassin through Cantha after doing so with a ritualist (which I found really easy mostly), and I've been having a lot more trouble staying alive. I'm playing dagger spammer, and if I charge in first, mobs crowd around me which is great for my damage but I also get bursted down really fast and usually die often; if I flag my henchmen to charge in first the mobs tend to spread out and its hard to do much damage. I have gear from Kaineng City and bought 2 nightstalker insignias.

    I guess I'm mainly just looking for tips and skill suggestions so that I can feel more comfortable charging into an average group of mobs and not worry about getting bursted down. It's also hard to manage afflicted around me exploding on death. Maybe its more of a general difference between ranged and melee classes but yeah I would appreciate any suggestions! Also any recs on what type of gear look out for would be great

    submitted by /u/spyrielle
    [link] [comments]

    Need help capping "Together as One!"

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 11:19 AM PDT

    EDIT: Nevermind! Found someone in game who was randomly doing a run and brought me along :)

    Unfortunately missed the event so I don't have the item required to cause the NPC to spawn.

    Have been seeing/reading that someone else in the party can have the item and that people are willing to help out sometimes so hoping to find someone who would be willing to help me capture the elite skill.

    Also, just as a last quick question, the closest waypoint to Fureyst Sharpsight is Doomlore Shrine, correct? Just wanna make sure I'm as close as possible.

    Anyway, any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you!

    My IGN is: Cy Kunshu

    submitted by /u/CyriacM
    [link] [comments]

    What profession for first ironman(ish) play through?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 04:43 PM PDT

    I think I'm going to start a new character to play somewhat iron man. I'm not 100% decided on details like not using bonus items, my Xunlai bank, or bonus mission pack weapons, but I won't be bouncing around campaigns for heroes and intend to fully complete each campaign in order at least.

    Looking for input on which profession to play, though I'm leaning toward warrior or ranger (have never played Monk or Mesmer so unsure what their play styles are like).

    Also fee free to comment on if I should make it a proper iron man run.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/ZevNyx
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment