• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 19, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Let me correct my previous post: I absolutely did find my ideal MMORPG.

    Guild Wars 2 Let me correct my previous post: I absolutely did find my ideal MMORPG.


    Let me correct my previous post: I absolutely did find my ideal MMORPG.

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 01:52 AM PDT

    I'm still completely stunned by the reception of my first post about my discovery of this game. I really want to thank every single one of you for your support and encouragements. This community is genuinely the warmest and most welcoming I've seen in a very long time.

    I'm about a week into this game and let me say that my love for it just doesn't seem to want to stop growing. Every time I think I pretty much got the gist of whatever zone I'm in, it backstabs me with something that blows my mind. I found an underground dungeon by pure accident while questing, I keep seeing mounts that look like raid bosses, I took part in events that felt like complete campaigns that had a genuine impact on the environment (aka opened/blocked content depending on the outcome) which is so cool I'm still trying to digest them. I had my first world boss battle and while it basically was a "get killed to then get respawned to then die again in 5 seconds" kind of fight, it was so fun and exciting like nothing I had done before in the game.

    I'm slowly learning the basics of the game, whether it is by experimenting or with your many helpful tips you guys gave me and I already feel a sense of growth and progression as if I had been playing for a month.

    My last post was titled "I think I've finally found my ideal MMORPG". Let's just say this ain't a question anymore.

    Since so many of you on my last post were wondering if I would make more GW2 content / give more thoughts as my experience grows with the game, I thought I would share my latest video for the people that are interested in seeing it.

    Again, thank you all for your amazing support, I've been having a blast chatting with you all and I hope that maybe one of those days we could gather some people in game and go do some sort of big event or dungeon! Make sure to let me know if something big happens like that and I'll be there with my """"skills"""" to join y'all on the adventure <3

    Link: https://youtu.be/S15QYpmfL7U

    submitted by /u/CriticNatic
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Boons get removed at the start of a Strike or Raid encounter.

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 05:20 AM PDT

    Stop precasting, this is not fractals.

    submitted by /u/Zosin
    [link] [comments]

    Dear Anet, please make hairstyles reversible.

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 02:56 PM PDT

    GW2 rewards in a nutshell

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 11:00 PM PDT

    Boss Rush Body

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 07:22 AM PDT

    Professor Courage Minimoose, College of Statics, recommends the following:

    (Edit2: added more details to routine)

    1. Dragons - 20 Pushups (Hands shoulders width apart. Keep your elbows tucked in to avoid shoulder problems. If you struggle with this then do Cobra pushups)
    2. Elementals - 20 Squats (Feet shoulders width apart. Toes out 15 degrees. Keep heels on the ground for entire squat. Hands on back of head. Keep eyes level with the wall in front of you)
    3. Other - 20 Crunches (Do not do situps! Crunches are better for your spine. Squeeze your abdominal. Do not fling your arms/elbows forward to gain momentum!)
    4. If multiple boss encounters without a break stack 5 of each and 5 for current. (e.g. Admiral+Karka and waiting in Maelstrom do 15 Squats, 10 Pushups, 10 Crunches)

    Your body is the best legendary and you should farm for it every day.

    Statistically yours,

    Professor Minimoose

    Edit1: I'm looking to recruit Pink Commanders to help out around the world!

    submitted by /u/Nythious
    [link] [comments]

    I absolutely fell in love with GW2 and I wish I would've quit WoW earlier!

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 08:19 AM PDT

    I am always very careful of my online purchases so I started off as a normal, but sceptical f2p player. But this game took less than a day to conquer me and I finally found my love again!

    I didn't know what a real MMO could feel like.

    The community is so awesome and the game feels so incredibly alive and active. All the interactive quests with their own stories with barely any repetitions - it's just like being in a real fantasy world!

    I'm even able to run dungeons and I'm not even full level yet! It may have took an hour to find a group but no game is ever flawless (but this game is sooo close!!).

    And the character creation - wow!! I can finally make my character look like myself (or a sexy lady ;))!

    The beautiful world of The Continent and it's action and skillbased combat - I wish I had that with WoW!

    I'm so surprised that no one ever brought this up here. But here I am, I just HAVE TO share this!

    If you are thinking about jumping to GW2 especially as a WoW, FFXIV, ESO (and literally every other MMORPG) player out there, DO IT!

    submitted by /u/i_sort_by_new_xDD
    [link] [comments]

    To all my PPT homies

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 05:13 PM PDT

    Oh god oh fuck

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 08:14 AM PDT

    Inventory quality of life

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 05:10 AM PDT

    Inventory quality of life

    New buttons would need new icons, obviously

    • Move Deposit all materials and Compact functions out of the menu and make them buttons.
    • Add an option to auto deposit all materials.

    This would greatly reduce the amount of clicks needed to manage inventory and reduce the chance of accidentally toggling an inventory option.

    submitted by /u/Teyken
    [link] [comments]

    [BIG PSA]: Living World Seasons 2, 3 and 4 Complete Packs are 30% OFF in the gem store until August 31st. Now is THE TIME to buy them if you don't own them yet!

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 01:52 PM PDT

    The "core" of GW2's exploration focused leveling experience is not aging well because the initial dungeon experience is out-of-sync with the current implementation of the trait system.

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 02:30 PM PDT

    This past month I returned to GW2 over quarantine.

    Recently, I've watched more than a handful of new players wipe to the first mobs in AC story and leave party. They down to multiple stacks of conditions like poison, and immediately quit when they realize they're going to be waiting for a revive for a while. Nowhere in the early leveling experience does the game teach you how to deal with conditions; make suggestions for skill-cleanses - you seldom have more than 1 burn stack on you because nothing you fight is a meaningful threat.

    I wish I was joking about this, but it recently occurred to me that players leveling in 2020 may actually be weaker and have less gameplay options than players of equal level (30) in 2012.

    Almost no one is going to choose a defensive specialization at level (21) thinking that they're going to need condition-cleansing capability or utility for the AC Story Dungeon. Map Completion in GW2 is largely cardboard-cutouts - you chose the right stats, weapons and skills and stuff melts from 1-15 to 25-40 to 50-60 etc.

    This is a terrible introduction to GW2; a game many of us prize on an excellent combat system. Nothing is explained; the need for crowd-control, the strength of boons like might/fury, the need for condition cleansing -- the dungeon way-point system that terrorizes newbies to this day.

    Dungeons in GW2 were designed around a trait system that was far more powerful at level 30 than players are at level 21/30 today. The current power-level of dungeons @ 30 in 2012 parallels that of a level 45 player today. For those unfamiliar I'll do a quick run down.

    In 2012/2013 you had 3 "tomes" that you bought to unlock all your adept, master and GM traits.

    • You unlock your first adept tome at level 10 for ~ 1g and all your adept traits.
    • You unlock your second tome at level 30 for ~ 3g and all your master traits.
    • You unlock your third tome at level 60 for 10g and all your GM traits.

    The current system (pre-45) forces players into a much more limited build niche. In 2012 you could mix and match traits; using 1/3rd of Critical Strikes, 1/3rd of Trickery and 1/3rd of Deadly Arts. In practice on a level 30 character that could 2/3rds of Trickery and 1/3rd of Critical Strikes.

    In 2015 GW2 decelerated the leveling experience with the specialization patch - 06/23/2015.

    I think ArenaNet needs to do something to make the leveling process more engaging. Waiting until level 45 (2020) to have any semblance of decent, balanced build relative to 30 (2012) is not fun. Lots of players seem to try GW2, quickly burn out on map completion and have a terrible first dungeon experience that gives them the impression that leveling is a total grind.

    ... and I can't really blame them. I leveled 3 new characters myself over the past several weeks and my dungeon experience is the only thing that made leveling bearable. I think the game has a major discontinuity when it comes to keeping players engaged with the leveling experience.

    The most fun I had leveling was when I ran into the Palawa Joke invasions - modern events with modern mechanics; vortex, orange telegraph AoEs, charge-up slams - clear, transparent mechanics. Unfortunately, dungeons are not the paragon of clear, well-communicated or transparent mechanics. If you make a mistake you often have to wait several minutes for your team to revive you. In this sort of Joko event if you down, people will be rezzing you within maybe 20-30 seconds?

    submitted by /u/Fury_Of_Balthazarr
    [link] [comments]

    When are we gonna find out whats past this wall?

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 03:31 PM PDT

    Celebrating Guild Wars 2’s Eighth Anniversary – GuildWars2.com

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 09:03 AM PDT

    WvW players: What keeps you motivated in the game mode while knowing that winning doesn't matter?

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 11:19 PM PDT

    I've been trying to get into squad based WvW play this week after not having done it since the beta weekends, and even if zerg fights can be enjoyable, something always feels a little off because of the lack of meaningful reward for winning the match.

    What's the purpose in defending and scouting, a less enjoyable and interactive playstyle, if I'm not only receiving less individual rewards but also not really doing anything for my server? Why not just join a zerg to get involved the maximum amount of combat per hour?

    I get the idea that if there was a meaningful reward for server victories then it would encourage a degenerate server hopping playstyle, but this doesn't seem like something that would be impossible to fix on ArenaNet's part by adding more restrictions on how server transferring interacts with WvW. Make it so you can only server transfer once or twice per year, and possibly turn WvW server relinks into a monthly thing.

    You could argue that they wouldn't want to do this because they make money off of transfers, but if it was purely about profit, they wouldn't have removed the rewards from winning in WvW to begin with.

    What also doesn't help is that you can't even show off your WvW rank outside of WvW until you get God of WvW. The only things you -can- show off are the individual achievement titles, which are less impressive and less recognizable to the average player.

    submitted by /u/Magehunter_Skassi
    [link] [comments]

    The Lotus Chair, a Peeper’s Dream

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    Login server dead? [EU]

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 11:19 AM PDT

    Now that the Mystic Lotus Chair is a thing, it's time we finally got "/meditate" as in-game reward.

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 10:50 AM PDT

    It's been two and a half years since 'A Bug in the System ', when we first saw the meditation emote used by Olmakhan charr. Until this point, it was completely unavailable to players.

    The Mystic Lotus Chair changes that but it comes at two disadvantages. One is a 400 gem cost. The other is the chair itself, it's always there and you can't use it separately from the animation.

    I'd really love if /meditate was added as some kind of free update to 'A Bug in the System' or even core game (or core PoF like the upcoming Skimmer update). A small collection-quest would be enough to make it feel worthwhile and satisfy most players.

    submitted by /u/Ywhre
    [link] [comments]

    I still have some GW1 minis to give away if anyone needs minis for Hall of Monuments Rewards in GW2

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 12:34 AM PDT

    I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this, but it is related to GW2. If you need a mini for your HoM Rewards calculator, I have the following minis to give away in GW1:

    • Miniature Ooze (uncommon)
    • Miniature Flowstone Elemental (uncommon)
    • Miniature Flowstone Elemental (uncommon)
    • Miniature Forest Minotaur (common)
    • Miniature Ophil Nahualli (common)

    Edit: All the minis have been claimed. Thank you to w0lty for a really good guide on starting out to play solo, I'm sure getting the rest of my HoM rewards will be a lot easier now.

    submitted by /u/Aardwolfz
    [link] [comments]

    EU Server are currently down!

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 11:20 AM PDT

    EDIT: SERVERS ARE BACK!

    It seems, that the EU Login Servers are down. Hopefully its nothing big, like last time.^^

    submitted by /u/realertzu
    [link] [comments]

    I can't seem to find a viable build/gearset. What am I missing?

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 09:01 AM PDT

    I have friends who are pretty veteran players that, when asked, always recommend full Zerkers gear for most classes. I know they're fractals / raiders, and maybe thats whats viable there, but I can't seem to find a gear set that I can make work for any given class/combination. I've got a reasonably geared condition damage firebrand that I can do low level fractals on without issue, but I tried to do Living Story S4E1 and found myself going down so much during that episode. In the very last instance alone, I went down over 25 times. Is this normal?

    How do I gear up in a way where I can just do any content without constantly getting thrown around and repeatedly downed?

    submitted by /u/CaptainSketchy
    [link] [comments]

    This has popped up several times in 3 days. What can I do to stop this? Or is this due to all the current events active? (NA server)

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 08:58 AM PDT

    Looking to join the PC gaming world but I need advice

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 08:47 AM PDT

    I'm not a smart PC guy I've always been on console, I had a potato laptop that ran GW2 on release at lowest settings but I don't want to do that again. I've never bought a gaming PC but I really want to play this game in possibly the highest graphics. Are the 2 PCs I posted in the link below able to run this game in really good graphics and good fps or am I going to have to spend a lot more? Any advice is helpful. Thank you for your time.

    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-3-2300x-8gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-570-1tb-hdd-240gb-ssd-black/6362425.p?skuId=6362425

    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077QDRBF9/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

    submitted by /u/Sack0fWine
    [link] [comments]

    My wow friends are telling me GW2 is the comeback game of the years, whats changed?

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 08:04 AM PDT

    played wow from beta until PoF dropped and just didnt like pof. stopped playing and went wow full time.

    what have I missed thats so amazing?

    sorry for this post but gw2 news excites me

    submitted by /u/CzarTyr
    [link] [comments]

    [QUESTION] I find this game too hard. Should I use account boost lvl 80?

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 07:25 AM PDT

    I recently started playing the game and bought both HoT and PoF Expansions. So far I have a level 22 Warrior, LVL 19 Elementalist and a level 12 Ranger. I am finding it extremely hard to stay alive in hero challenges and while fighting a crowd of enemies. I was thinking of getting the account booster and getting that lvl 80 gear so that I can continue completing maps, which I find fun. If I do use an Account Booster whom should I use it on being a new player and all.

    submitted by /u/HollowSaintz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment