• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 16, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Is this a new hyper realism mode or something?

    Guild Wars 2 Is this a new hyper realism mode or something?


    Is this a new hyper realism mode or something?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 05:28 AM PDT

    This might be the best screenshot my friend's ever taken

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 03:12 PM PDT

    Basics of Blob Fights in Guild Wars 2 WvW | The Complete Beginner's Guide

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 01:33 AM PDT

    I made a site that should help new/returning players get started

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 07:01 AM PDT

    Link

    Hi, longtime lurker here. I've seen my fair share of returning player posts over the years and finally decided to do something productive about it.

    The main feature of the site is a selection page where returning players can pick the expansion they last played and receive a full recap of every major change that happened since, tailored to their prior knowledge of the game. Currently it support vanilla, HoT and PoF, but a shorter post-Icebrood Saga recap should be available sometime next week.

    Initially this was all I planned to do, but then I quickly realized that I had to write a couple of guides to flesh out the things I mention in the recaps. Since these guide pages should be equally useful to new players, now there is an All Guides section which should be just as useful to them. I explain stuff like combat mechanics (including those elusive breakbars) and even gem store purchases that could improve their experiences. There's even a guide where I explain the basics of GW2 to former WoW players - I tried to keep that one as short as possible, if you have played WoW before and feel like I missed something major you wish you knew when you started GW2, share it below please!

    It's very much a work in progress, I have several updates planned for design, functionality and new content that should roll out before the end of the month. I have about a dozen GW2 guides in development, the next 2 I'll be releasing are:

    • Endgame explained (from fashionwars to competitive PvP)

    • A leveling guide that highlights what to do and what to avoid.

    These should roll out in a day or two. A GW1 section is also in development, I want to make it easier for GW2 players to try out the original and vice versa, but it'll come after I get a certain other title out first by the end of the month.

    I hope you find it useful, there's still a lot I want to do but I thought it was functional enough to let you know of it. All feedback is appreciated! That's all folks, have a nice weekend.

    submitted by /u/Morvran_CG
    [link] [comments]

    My brain hates this.

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 10:20 AM PDT

    "Ack! Ssssh! Apples for sale! Nothing but apples to see here, folks!"

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 01:14 PM PDT

    The confidence I feel when I have a cool Skin

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 02:46 PM PDT

    [Piano Music Intensifies]

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 07:08 PM PDT

    New Players Guide: Class Descriptions and F2P/Core Builds for PvP

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 12:12 PM PDT

    [ART] How it feels to play GW2 in super hot Los Angeles

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 01:16 PM PDT

    Why isn't Pinpoint Distribution used in Raids?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 08:14 AM PDT

    It seems most of the other class specific unique buffs are necessary, but this one is never talked much about even though condi damage is viable on many bosses.

    submitted by /u/Spiritbrand
    [link] [comments]

    To my Gold Gandaran Soldier friends

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 05:12 PM PDT

    I just wanted to say hi and it was great to meet you :), from an underworld dolyak.

    As a new WvW player I had my most wholesome experience tonight as I came upon a group of enemy players from Gandara. Completely outnumbered I did what anyone would do in that scenario and transformed myself into a dolyak and switched on my endless friendship tonic.

    Instead of killing me my Gandaran friends all turned into Dolyaks themselvess

    We had a great time roaming around until we were set upon by miscreants from Elona Reach - I managed to CC chain them while the Gandaran's killed them, after that, back to being Dolyaks :D

    It was a fun, unexpected, and ultimately very unique experience for me especially as a new WvW player. so thanks guys :D

    Obligatory snapshot of some of my new friends (if only so for a short while): https://i.imgur.com/oZiRpLw.png

    submitted by /u/Silimaur
    [link] [comments]

    You can walk on the inside of the Vine Bridge in Dry Top!

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 11:40 AM PDT

    I accidentally found myself in the right place at the right time, and the Vine Bridge in Dry Top materialized around me when the mordrem event ended.

    The vine looks so cool on the inside, see for yourself.

    An inside view of the Vine Bridge in Dry Top

    Edit: Not sure how to change the flair on this post, but it isn't actually a [Question]. Apologies!

    submitted by /u/Sockski
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to pathfind?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 07:45 AM PDT

    I find myself moving very slow in game so O really wish I could use some sort of pathfinding. How to activate it if it exist?

    submitted by /u/bububeti
    [link] [comments]

    The tragedy of the Vermillion Wings Backpack/Glider set

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 08:47 PM PDT

    Wings that shine

    With the strength of a thousand suns,

    That which leaves a fleeting trail,

    And steals the hearts of many.

    It tells you it is uncommon,

    And yes I know it lies,

    But in wake of ethereal beauty,

    It demands the simp to give the penny.

    But a penny I give to only receive

    A mini egg and Metallurgic dye kit,

    Another I give in hopes of my wings

    Utility primer and Shadow dye kit.

    Truly it is

    A tragedy,

    To think of the odds

    As one with me.

    Gave all I had

    In the shape of 15 keys,

    Only to end up with

    Measly 2 gold and a sober mind, ah

    Arenanet is never kind.

    submitted by /u/CaironaSorona
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the only one to notice this? This guard has worn the halloween armor for over a year(maybe two)

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 08:48 AM PDT

    TIL you can disable targetting with right mouse click in the camera options.

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 10:36 AM PDT

    No more targetting mesmer clones and minis when trying to rotate the camera during bosses! If only I had found that out 3 years ago...

    I legit came close to busting a nut when I found this out oh lawd

    submitted by /u/Iandrago
    [link] [comments]

    Reworking Staff Necromancer (Idea Thread)

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 08:15 PM PDT

    In my personal opinion. The current list of skills that you get with the Staff as Necro is.. quite underwhelming. It's trying to be too much is the main issue. I know this topic has been brought up ALOT in this subreddit but I'd like to atleast give it a shot to make a new skillset for the Staff to give it more flavor. So here we go.

    1 Ability: Death's Grasp Fire a straight unholy hand at your enemy, Upon contact gain 3% Life Force and cause Torment for 3 seconds (156 damage) on an enemy. (315 damage) (Pierce Attack) This ability stacks the Fear effect by 10% upon successfully hitting a feared foe.

    2 Ability: Tightened Grasp Pull nearby foes with unrelenting force (5m) causing Weakness (3 seconds) and Slowness. (1 second) Press again to release a discharge of Life Force, causing Knockdown (1.5 seconds) to enemies but consuming 20% of your Life Force. (Recharge: 14 seconds)

    3 Ability: Feast from Underground Scrap your staff across the ground creating hungry souls from the ground giving Stability (0.5 seconds) to Allies but Fear (1.0 second) to enemies that walk into the path. Strip Boons off foes if their Chilled with this ability. Lasts 6 seconds. (1 Boon Removal in a 3 second interval) (Recharge: 25 seconds)

    4 Ability: Repear's Swipe Quickly Swipe your staff in a quick motion, dealing Daze (0.5 seconds) but causing 30% extra Fear to already feared foes. Press again to Leap toward your foe (240m) and cause Daze (0.5 seconds) upon hitting but at the cost of 40% of your Life Force. (Recharge: 30 seconds)

    5 Ability: Feared Retrievable Fear yourself (seconds), giving you 250HP per second but at the cost of 8% Life Force per second. You can end this effect early by clicking this ability again. (5 second timer between uses) (Immunity to Foe's fear effect) (Effect label above user's head is named from "Fear" to "Fear Feast".)

    I know I'm not that good at making a good skillset. I'm probably gonna get ALOT of hate but I'm simply making ideas that I THINK is fun. This new set of abilities is a revamp and completely changes on how you play. And just as a bonus, I wanted Fear to become a norm around the Necromancer class. As well as making the condi even a benefit as seen from Feared Retrievable, because you literally benefit from Fearing yourself but at the risk of being ganged up on by an unsuspecting enemy. Tell me your thoughts on the new skillset. :)

    submitted by /u/Jamcam007
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment