• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 8, 2020

    Guild Wars [Meme] Melandru is proud of you

    Guild Wars [Meme] Melandru is proud of you


    [Meme] Melandru is proud of you

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    Just beat factions for the first time

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 01:26 AM PDT

    That was fun. Tbh the campaign was shorter than I expected but I did go really ham and do nothing but play the game for four days straight. Took some detours through eye of the north and nightfall to start building up my ghetto 7 hero BiP caster support team. Running a rit as SoS I felt so weak until I got SoS. After that I started blasting through everything thinking nothing could defeat me - then I ran into the last two missions.

    Raisu Palace was a little wild but we finished after a few wipes. Then I got to Shiro and thought there was no way that I could lose to a single enemy. Wrong. Took various attempts. Trying to figure out what I could do to make it easier I finally decided that the best option was more spirits. Spirit spamming seems so busted. The single target throughput is just so high.

    It was a ton of fun through and through though. Along the way I got myself my max imperial armor and managed to collect enough gold on my account to dye it all black. My account has 142 months on it but the majority of my playtime was as an 11 year old kid. It is such an awesome game to be playing now and I can't wait to start getting myself some ectos in the end game with real builds now.

    Thank you reddit by the way, I've found a lot of help just by searching through this subreddit and the most powerful tool in any domain is the gw wiki. Definitely woulda been lost without both. The wiki though... I swear if we took the same minds that wrote the wiki and put them to work on getting us to mars we woulda been there in 2008. Cheers everyone. Glad the game still has a great community in 2020. :D

    submitted by /u/gabeclark
    [link] [comments]

    Just picked this up for $15. Most of it is still sealed.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 03:19 PM PDT

    can merc heros wear capes? and can I still get older festival hats like the horns of grenth?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 05:49 PM PDT

    Ive seen naked merc heros and some in costumes, but can they also wear guild capes? And is there any chance to get old wintersday hats?

    submitted by /u/vrbz
    [link] [comments]

    Does a spanish speakers community exist on GW??

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 09:07 PM PDT

    I was wondering if there was a guild or something whit latin american or spanish fellows, its hard sometimes to speak in english all the time hahaha.

    submitted by /u/ChinosKu
    [link] [comments]

    7 Hero Meta for Elite Areas?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 05:03 PM PDT

    Hello,

    Like many others, I am returning to Guild Wars after a multi-year break. When I left, the hero meta had 2 Mesmers (I believe), one Domination and one Illusion. The rest of the team had some Necros and Rits - I don't quite remember, but there was an N/Rt MM and an SoS in the mix, and a BiP. It seems that the hero meta now is really mesmer-heavy with some necros and a BiP - I'm given to understand that this PvX link is the current 7 hero meta build. I found this thread on GWLegacy: BiP Support 2019 that seems recent enough and mentions some builds that were definitely not part of the meta when I played - like the BSurge Ele (though I am primarily a melee player). It seems that now, 3 Esurge heroes are favored over Esurge (Panic? at the time) and an Ineptitude, and that an ST rit is standard fare. I have also read that it is a good idea to substitute one of the ESurges with a Panic Mesmer for hard content.

    Everything I see talks about this build mentions that it is strong but could use some tweaking for harder content - UW, DoA, etc. What would those changes be? Obviously each area will require a specific skill or two, but in general, what should change?

    My first thought is that these N/P builds with Fall Back and Incoming don't need the movement skills - am I wrong in assuming that these are just for convenience, or is the +health while moving actually beneficial in combat? For Elite areas, at least, I'd imagine they could be subbed out for something more useful.

    TL;DR: What's the current 7-hero team build meta for Elite areas?

    submitted by /u/Sufficient-Duck-323
    [link] [comments]

    Hypothetical - what explorable areas would you love to see added in GW1?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 06:09 AM PDT

    Imagine this - one day, ANet announce that they're considering doing another expansion/EotN-addition to our beloved GW1! And they're asking the players for opinion...

    I am getting super excited just from the thought that I would see more explorable areas in Tyria, like:

    • east of Ascalon's Eastern Frontier, Pockmark Flats, Ruins of Surmia
    • connecting Northern Ascalon to Charr Homelands - that is, north of Dragon's Gullet and Ruins of Surmia and south of Sacnoth Valley
    • adding more explorable areas alongside the Blazeridge mountains and south-west Ascalon
      • including adding Ebonhawke, thus creating a shortcut between southern Ascalon and Droknar's Forge!
    • also connecting Ascalon & Southern Shiverpeaks to the Crystal Desert.
      • And expanding on areas west of Far Shiverpeaks
      • Explorable areas north of Kryta, the Giant lakes, and Maguuma Jungle...

    But that's just me and, if it hasn't become obvious, I have a strong tilt towards the Prophecies campaign and Tyria as a whole. How about your preferences? What more would you like to see in terms of game lore and new explorable areas?

    submitted by /u/PeterKatarov
    [link] [comments]

    10+ year absence ..Want to come back.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 08:05 AM PDT

    Still have my account and everything, just not played the game for 10 years or more.

    used to love the PvP but gave up playing properly around nightfall. really want to get back and complete the story, but I have no clue at the moment.

    just logged in and opened all my presents, being playing since day 1, so I need an idea of what to do with my miniature pets also.

    How easy is it to get back into it? do I need any expansions?

    can you still do chest runs and 55hp monk builds XD.

    submitted by /u/TheInvisibleJihadi
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment