• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 4, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - July 04, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - July 04, 2020


    Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - July 04, 2020

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

    Resources:

    Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Norn courtship must be serious business if they have "veteran" mates. Experienced lovers, survivors of many a partner's wrathful axes?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 01:34 AM PDT

    Fellowship of the Ring tries to enter W8: Mine of Moria

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 04:35 AM PDT

    My girlfriend got me this - it's sOoOoOo cute!

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 07:15 AM PDT

    This is how playing Warrior feels like!

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 05:11 AM PDT

    Half of the Thief Stolen Skills Need to Be Balanced or Redesigned in PvP and WvW. Some are too strong and some are too weak.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 01:42 AM PDT

    Some of the thief stolen skills are not balanced. They are either too strong or too weak.

    The overpowered ones: - Consume Plasma from Mesmer. Need I say more? One of the main reasons thief is a hard counter to Mesmer. This skill is so good I bet people would take it as an utility skill if it was available (given a reasonable cd).

    • Essence Sap from Revenant. Damage is too high and it has a 900 range. For a thief with marauder gear this can typically hit ~4k on the rev if the rev doesn't build toughness.

    The underpowered ones: - Mace Head Crack from Guardian. A close ranged heavy CC against a class with the most stability up time. It would be an ok skill if it wasn't from guardian. As a thief you almost never find a good use of this skill when in a dual with a guardian.

    • Whirling Axe from warrior. Again, it would be a good skill if it was stolen from a ranged class. It's a projectile reflection with a super long cast time against a exclusive melee class with heavy CC. As a thief you almost never use this skill when in a dual against a warrior. If you use it it's basically a free interrupt for the warrior and it would waste you a dodge or a stun break skill.

    • Ice Shard Stab from Elementalist. Just an underwhelming ability with low damage, short range, and a soft cc that will get instantly cleansed by the ele.

    The stolen skills from Thief, Necro, Ranger, and Engineer are fairly balanced in my opinion and they all make sense lore wise as well.

    Rant over.

    submitted by /u/Blooade
    [link] [comments]

    Our Annual Reminder that the Holographic Dragon Helm looks great without its hologram

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 05:28 PM PDT

    Elementalist changes (Weaver), the reaction, and some other annoying things I've noticed

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 07:31 PM PDT

    I don't have a horse in the race of WvW/PvP balancing, but I know it has been garbage, historically. I recently came back after a 6 month hiatus (school) and was pleasantly surprised at the large balance pass. Except it wasn't really large, and not a lot was balanced.

    I get that some people (myself included) don't want certain metas to shift (fully geared a character for a specific build, etc.) but the Weaver pass seemed really weird. Why are they changing it for Open World, and not just PvP/WvW? Do they seriously believe that the DPS of Condi Weaver was too high? No survivability and a completely insane rotation??

    Balance pass implies rework. If they reworked Condi Weaver (or nerfed it for a good reason) I wouldn't be making this post.

    Love to know your thoughts. Sorry if this comes off as a rant, really negative or a bandwagon. I just feel really OOTL, and when some people agreed with me, I wanted to know what you guys thought.

    My post from the forums (sorry there's no credit for the quotes):


    You are nerfing one of the (if not, the) hardest rotations to perform correctly in the entire game, because...? It performs well at Raids? Do you guys (@ANet) understand how few Condi Weavers actually participate in Raids? Those who have mastered the rotation shouldn't be punished.

    If Condi Weave was 10-20% higher than the next best condi build (or even the meta for most raid bosses, lmao), I wouldn't complain, but DD literally presses 5 buttons and gets the -5% DPS less as a power build. This is really dissapointing. Not only because you needlessly nerfed an Open World build, but because there is SO MUCH NOTHING in this patch.

    Stop toying with random things and pretending you're balancing the game. And because others are more eloquent than myself, here are some thoughts from others that I agree with:


    Nerfed condi weaver in PVE for what? Condi Quickbrand will now do almost does same damage with way easier rotation, you just proved again that you balance classes based on SC golem benchmark numbers.


    Yeah I have no idea what they are thinking. It's so rare you see a weaver in raids these days (I mean, power dps is a bit of a meme in comparison to soulbeast and holo right now), and even rarer to see a condi weaver amongst all the firebrands and rens. But yet they decide to pick on it?


    Makes no sense at all. Leave Ele alone :(


    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/hk362e/this_patch_is_a_massive_regression_for_wvw/


    This is probably the worst patch you've ever made


    aw yes,nerfing the burn weaver by 25% and giving revenants ability to legend swap mid-air,truly the changes we all asked for and begged for every day,thanks anet!


    I do wonder if they even watch tournaments or play the game themselfs ,or just throw darts at the board to make balance decisions.


    And again, once again the Elementalist changes are only in Fire and change the CD of some skills. Why that? Earth, Arcane and Water has been untouched for so long.


    I've never been angry about any ele nerfs, but I'm angry about this one.


    You're removing our ability to build might stacks for what? Just for group content? Because raids are all that matter? Have you actually thought about what it feels like for people who play by themselves and don't really do raids? Do you think all eles just camp fire unless they're in raids???? It already takes effort to build up a decent might stack without doing prestacking, and now we don't even get to keep it? For what??? What did it hurt? Who did it hurt???? I'm not even asking that we should be able to build and keep 25 stacks effortlessly, but you LITERALLY MADE THE ONLY DAMAGE COEFFICIENT TRAIT IN FIRE REQUIRE 10 MIGHT STACKS. And that's the exact amount you remove. The hell? Are we all supposed to run around with a friend to keep our might up now?? What the hell? Why did you think this was a good idea??? Suppose we get do the work to build up might stacks, now we're supposed to avoid attuning to any other elements or lose them???? Or hey, we build might stacks using arcane trait, OOPS we attuned to fire, oh kitten we're going to lose them all. How does that even work??? Do the only ele players in your balance team camp fire?????? What the HELL.


    I'm angry about your balance team like I've never been before. I've never complained about balance changes. I want to be positive to you and I've always thought you got more kitten than you deserve. But this is like....it's not just a nerf to one or two skills. It's not a nerf to damage overperformance. It's a nerf to the whole playstyle of the class, the constant elemental attunement change, the one thing that made it the best caster class I've ever played. For no reason. It's not as if ele is a mainstay of any game mode atm, it's pretty niche. There's no reason. What the hell, Anet.


    You are screwing up elementalists as if the game has been broken by that class. You are not fixing condi thief in PvP. Sigh...also, what was wrong with having firebrand be a great healer? What a balance patch. What comes to mind about it as a conclusion is that you all must be experiencing a total eclipse in terms of true creativity.


    Removing elementalist's ability to stack fury in fire fields essentially removes meaningful fury support from ele entirely, and the changes to Pyromancer's Puissance really don't make up for it at all. Ele can already share a lot of might and doesn't really need to be able to share more, especially not at the expense of its own.


    Nerfing Persisting Flames is fair enough, but as far as useful support-oriented alternatives go, we really need something better than this.


    Is the Elementalist balanced? I'm comparing with Daredevil but every other class has the same effect. Weaver Daredevil


    Like, were people really complaining about how OP Elementalist is in the raiding community? Being new, I haven't had a chance to even jump into that kind of content, but is this some rampant issue that forced the balance team to make the choice? I'd really like to know, if anyone has some answers! lol

    tl;dr LOL ANET NERFED ELE AGAIN???

    submitted by /u/Orchae
    [link] [comments]

    Are login servers struggling right now for anyone else? [NA]

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 10:56 AM PDT

    Can't join squads, can't sell things on the TP, can't log in, once logged in I can't select a character to play...

    submitted by /u/Brawhalla_
    [link] [comments]

    Battle on the Breachmaker / Nightmare Fractal (Piano Cover)

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 03:17 PM PDT

    I made a shitty cover of Khadiri’s music box (ukulele, bass, recorder), don’t hesitate to use it for silly GW2 videos.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 12:20 AM PDT

    Start over Incognito

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 06:23 AM PDT

    Hey all!

    I'm a somewhat socially awkward guy. I played a lot of GW2 in past, was active in a guild and somewhat known on my server for wvwvw-activities/leads.

    I'd like to give gw2 another try, but don't want to confronted with people asking where I have been all the time. Some might also be a little bit pissed. That's what is currently stopping me from getting back.

    Is there a way to change your account-name/server or something, so that past friendlists, guild-memberships, etc don't notice you are 'back'? I could just create a new account, I know. But I also don't want to loose all my progress/items/purchases.

    I know that might sound a bit fishy, or at least totally silly. It's really not that I scammed someone or something like that. It's just that 'people' (even when they are the nicest people in the world) are mentally overwhelming to me and I want to keep my 'people'-battery-capacity to the few I have around me in real life.

    submitted by /u/Interesting_Yak_4254
    [link] [comments]

    Time-gated activities for Skyscall after update.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 07:38 AM PDT

    Hey there I just read around the web that with the latest buff/update/whatever (28th of May), there have been some changes regarding the time gated activities linked to the Skyscale acquisition. Is it true?

    submitted by /u/alefante
    [link] [comments]

    Guild Wars 2 Casual Role-play

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 11:55 AM PDT

    North American server- a couple of weeks ago, my partner and mentor used his bunny rabbit to hop over the Salma gateway without entering his personal instance, and in that very discreet, less likely visited area, he found three Charrs hanging by the bar, talking about their Charrventures and seeing Divinity's reach for the first time.

    My partner politely stepped away, not interrupting the flow of their conversation.

    A few days ago, a female thief and elementalist were chatting on map chat, talking about a common flame. The passive aggressive chatter was interesting- then Tequatl attacked and their RP was cut short.

    A few hours ago, we were doing Dragon Bash, and while hunting pinatas, stumbled upon the Norn Cairns and found a role-player paying respects. We followed suit and went away without a word.

    It is so GREAT to stumble upon role players, and I super love how they are committed to their characters. Any fun encounters? Are there guilds or parties dedicated to role playing?

    submitted by /u/_nessaprime
    [link] [comments]

    Appreciation post

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    Thank you guys for making jumping puzzles, I was having too much fun with the game.

    submitted by /u/DanielFalcao
    [link] [comments]

    What am I supposed to do in this game?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 05:35 AM PDT

    Hello, I'm new to this game and I haven't played any mmos before so I have no idea what I'm doing.

    I watched a few guides before playing and they all pretty much say "do the golden hearts in this area untill you hit X level and then move to that other area" and I've been doing all that plus the story quests that give you a few of levels (I'm level 20 now) but it's so boring doing this alone. Is this what it's supposed to be? I don't have any friends who play this game and I don't know how to find a guild or make friends on this game and it really sucks.

    submitted by /u/ExerciseCapable
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone please tell me why the weaver changes are so bad.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 04:39 AM PDT

    I understand that the changes to pyromancers puissance will affect might stacking in wvw/pvp. I also understand how persisting flames will nerf fury accessablility aswell (Though i see that as more of a buff as a mainly pve player for power weaver. maybe we will be able to compete with sb and guardian in dps.)

    What i dont understand is why everyone is saying condi weaver will be terrible now. Is the nerf to searing slash really that big. In my eyes, it looks like less than a 1k dps decrease. Could someone explain to me how this impacts it so much.

    submitted by /u/F1reman2
    [link] [comments]

    Comic - Beginnings - Page 2/4 [OC] [ART]

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 07:51 PM PDT

    Aurene finally had enough...

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 09:00 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment