• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 14, 2020

    Guild Wars Who is your favorite hero and why?

    Guild Wars Who is your favorite hero and why?


    Who is your favorite hero and why?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 01:31 AM PDT

    Dealing with Hexes/Curses as an elementalist (8 elementalist challenge).

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 12:45 AM PDT

    I'm doing an 8 elementalist challenge (mercenaries), where I (try) to complete all content on both normal and HM.

    Rules:

    1. Start in Prophecy (LDOA)

    2. Only allowed to have Elementalists in my party

    3. No use of secondary professions

    4. No skills outside of the elementalist skills (no non-elementalist pve skills)

    5. Complete all titles

    6. (Optional) Don't die (survivor)

    So far it's been going alright, and I'm working my way through the prophecies campaign.

    4 man teams: 1x Water, 1x Earth, 1x Fire.

    6 man teams: 2x Water, 2x Earth, 1x Fire.

    8 man teams: 3x Water, 2x Earth, 2x Fire.

    Water: OgBCsMzk6whz0AzAkI7A0AtA (minor skill changes

    Earth: OgBCkMz0SkjIqQP02QXVqAtA

    Fire: OgBCoMzDdTXMW3FBDjBugWA

    The reason that I've chosen (so far) not to bring any Air Elementalists, is that (imo) they lack utility. Fire/Water/Earth have great synergy and compliment each other. Fire has strong AoE and burning is required for certain Water/Earth elemental skills that I use. Earth has great defenses and armor ignoring damage. Water roots have been amazing so far and heals from 3x mist forms keep the party alive.

    I've mostly been working on the prophecies campaign and completing all quests, but I've also vanquished a few areas. Healing has been fine with Aura of Restoration, and three mist forms. I have close to permanent blind on melee enemies, and most of the time a block ready from Magnetic Surge/ Magnetic Aura. My main issue so far has been spellcasters, especially hexes and conditions, as I have no way to remove them. I do replace a skill for Maelstrom on one of my Water elementalists, but it hasn't made that much of a difference.

    How would you solve this issue?

    Sidenote: I know that there are some areas that I most likely won't be able to complete with 8 elementalists, but I would like to see how far I can come. I'm also expecting areas with heavy enchant removal to be painful.

    submitted by /u/DiscipleOfMelandru
    [link] [comments]

    Random post of Bodyhorror Aprpeciation

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 07:35 PM PDT

    Just got this farming video from 2008 as a Recommended video on youtube, from before loot scaling

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 01:54 PM PDT

    Everytime i see Guild Wars is still a thing, it hits me right in my heart

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 05:18 AM PDT

    Damn, i played Guildwars for years and thousands of hours (oof, that wasnt a good thing sometimes), even my father and cousin joined me and later my aunt and uncle. We played it for so long. I met some friends there, had a really good time in the (i dont know if its called like this in english) hero arena. I wasnt that bad there! And got my first obsidian armor with my assassin which i loved so much! Played scythe sin, bow sin, sword sind, spear sin, caster sin. Damn, the pissibility of builds were endless. Then we went over to Guild Wars 2, which we all were hyped for first. We did fractals, i got a girlfriend and she joined me in Guild Wars 2. We had much fun there. Then there was silence. Nothing coming. And boom, there was heart of thorns, which i didnt like. And every content update (in my opinion) just sucked. I really hated that all my builds were weak now, because a new one was mainstream now. In gw1 i never played mainstream and experimented with builds all the day.

    Sooo... A question for u guys: Is it worth to touch gw1 again? I have a bad feeling about beginning again and then anet stops supporting it and my heart gets broken again. Damn dat feels...

    submitted by /u/LakritzelBoi
    [link] [comments]

    I feel deseperate....has anyone got his account unban after receiving this message from the support ?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 03:37 AM PDT

    FoW cleared for the first time ever!

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 11:31 AM PDT

    I just started getting back into GW the last few weeks after taking a 10 year hiatus and last night I finally cleared FoW for the first time with my Dervish and the 7 hero BiP Melee Support build. It took me a couple failed attempts to get the hang of it again but I cleared all 11 quests in NM in about 3-4ish hours last night. Ran it real slow cause some of those mobs will straight steamroll your ass.

    It was a lot of fun learning how to beat the different quests, learning the different mobs and which enemies to target first, and of course opening a bunch of Obsidian chests. I only ever did FoW chest runs back when I played as a teenager so it was super dope to finally clear out that entire map and open the Chest of Woe.

    I gave FoW HM a quick crack last night after clearing NM and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be but I still got wiped pretty early and then went to bed. There doesn't seem to be too much of a difference between NM and HM except for the mob levels and the constant health regen all enemies get. Gonna try and clear it in HM tonight. Any tips for FoW, specifically in HM? Should I change one of my Esurges to Panic like PVX recommends? (Trying to make some extra gold so I can gear up my heroes)

    submitted by /u/Whodey719
    [link] [comments]

    What skill bar would you run for Real life?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 02:03 PM PDT

    What GW skill bars and attributes would you run in real life if you could? How about if you were in some other fictional world?

    Bars with PvE skills welcome. Bars with PvP only skills could be interesting too.

    submitted by /u/CuteLethalPuppy
    [link] [comments]

    In search of a sealed nightfall CE

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 07:41 PM PDT

    The mod(s) I spoke with on legacy about this advised this sort of post is allowed, if that's not the case feel free to let me know.

    Hi all, I'm looking for a sealed Nightfall CE to finish my collection. My display case looks empty! If anyone has one for sale or knows someone who may, please let me know!

    In the event of purchase, payment would be through PayPal Goods and Services ONLY.

    submitted by /u/Pontiac1979
    [link] [comments]

    What's the natural enemy of a powerful race of spellcasters?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 10:22 AM PDT

    Just curious. I am trying to write a convoluted plot.

    submitted by /u/WeAreTheKing
    [link] [comments]

    Iron Man - Pick a Class for Me

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 11:01 AM PDT

    Hi /r/guildwars;

    I've recently come back to the game and decided to do an Iron Man play through. I have dabbled a bit in the game over the last few years but I have not attempted to play through all the campaigns since their releases.

    I used to play a ton of Warrior and I enjoyed it, but I'm looking to switch up my class this time and I'm unsure which one to pick. I figured I'd let you guys sell me on a core class to play through the campaigns chronologically.

    I like classes that can do AoE damage and it would be nice to play a versatile class that can use a variety of builds as it will likely be the only class I play for the next while.

    So, sell me on your class / class combinations for my Iron Man play through and tell me why I should play it! I'm excited to join this community again and take part in this challenge!

    Thank you! Hope to see some of you in game.

    Edit: Just a quick note - The class does not have to be part of the meta. I do not expect to be participating in SCs or HM anytime soon :)

    submitted by /u/Crescit
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment