• Breaking News

    Friday, May 8, 2020

    Guild Wars proud of my ranger for always being his best self despite not being able to see.

    Guild Wars proud of my ranger for always being his best self despite not being able to see.


    proud of my ranger for always being his best self despite not being able to see.

    Posted: 07 May 2020 10:38 PM PDT

    I recently came back to this game and it means a lot to me

    Posted: 07 May 2020 02:37 PM PDT

    A little bit of background: I have a disability called Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) which is a genetic muscular dystrophy disorder where your body can't effectively utilize the protein, resulting in gradual muscle loss similar to ALS. When I was around 9, I was able to play any game I had access to, and Guild Wars was a game I was addicted to when it came out. I was playing every day up until shortly after Nightfall released, but I quit before EotN.

    During that time I still had the capability to sit up and physically press keys and click mouse buttons with ease, but I have since lost a lot of that due to SMA. Now, I can't sit anymore, and I can't press all the different keys on a keyboard or move a mouse like I used to. To work around these limitations, I use eye tracking technology to move the mouse in real-time and I use voice commands to press certain keys at a slight delay. I had trouble finding an MMO that I can easily play with the way I control things, but as you can imagine it's not easy, with recent games requiring more and more quick interactions and movements for combat, so I gave up trying to find an MMO and I just play turn-based RPGs like XCOM (which I love) and various card games. However, a few days ago I decided to make a new Guild Wars account and start over, and I am loving it!

    It's bringing back so much nostalgia and I was honestly surprised that there's still a considerable amount of people still playing this game! I have been playing solo just to get used to the game again, but if anyone wants to play with me, I'm down with that! I'm not that great at this game anymore but I will probably get a lot better eventually! I used to main a W/Mo but I am currently trying out different classes that I didn't really play back then like Assassin, but I don't know which build I'll actually commit to yet.

    Edit: Wow you're all so nice! I'll definitely be adding all of you next time I hop on! My IGNs are Dalinar Blackthorne and Kurisu Kobayashi (Steins;Gate and the competitive eater :D)

    submitted by /u/WUTDAFUNKYO
    [link] [comments]

    Never knew about this skybridge high above Riven Earth! (ft. pants)

    Posted: 08 May 2020 02:27 AM PDT

    [Meme] Cat Content

    Posted: 07 May 2020 03:33 PM PDT

    Anniversary Shortbow + Beast Mastery Assassin.

    Posted: 07 May 2020 02:02 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/QTo5wBz

    Heal as One (elite), Predator's Pounce, Otyugh's Cry, Never Rampage Alone, Great Dwarf Weapon, Disrupting Accuracy, Critical Eye, Way of the Master.

    Critical Strikes: 12 + 1 + 3
    Beast Mastery: 12
    Marksmanship: 3

    5x Nightstalker's Insignia
    Superior Critical Strikes
    Superior Vigor
    Full Vitae

    Zealous Anniversary Shortbow 'Whisper' of Fortitude

    Am amazed no-one came up with the idea for this build yet. Critical Strikes requirement means we will deal max dmg and gain max critical chance with that bow, without investing in Marksmanship attribute. With high critical chance and zealous bowstring there shouldn't be any problems at all with energy management, unless under heavy pressure from mesmers.

    Free'd up points can be spent in another attribute and the first thing that crossed my mind was Beast Mastery. The idea is to let the pet do the heavy lifting by maintaining 'Heal as One' and 'Never Rampage Alone' , whilst keeping the selected target locked down via auto-attacks combined with 'Disrupting Accuracy' for constant interrupts.

    The build is quite versatile and several skills can be swapped in and out depending on the situation. It was tested on Hard Mode content, I did successful VQ's, HM dungeons and something like Norn Fighting Tournament.

    Fun.

    submitted by /u/SeraphicImmortality
    [link] [comments]

    Botting Epidemic in PvP

    Posted: 07 May 2020 04:33 PM PDT

    There's an absurd amount of Mesmer bots in PvP, and a smaller amount of Ranger interrupt bots. Its easy to spot them by cancel cast testing. I see them every single day in random arenas. Every single day. I report but it does nothing.

    submitted by /u/sohnjunior233
    [link] [comments]

    giveaway - 5 winners of 100 ectos + black dye [video for details]

    Posted: 07 May 2020 05:54 PM PDT

    solo ironman part 4

    Posted: 07 May 2020 05:32 AM PDT

    Caster hero gearing advice

    Posted: 07 May 2020 11:20 PM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    I have recently come back to this game because of the 15th anniversary stuff, and I could really use some advice about weapon sets for caster heroes, since I'm not sure what I should aim for anymore.

    40/40 wand/focus sets? Shields for extra armour? Spears to avoid some hexes? Staffs?

    I tend to have quite a lot of enchantments going on through an ele/prot hero, should I go for 40/20/20 things instead?

    Any advice is much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Aethelwyna
    [link] [comments]

    Best Duo For GWAMM & End Game

    Posted: 07 May 2020 11:56 AM PDT

    Hi folks, I'm in the wave of returning to GW1 (I'm so happy!) and my partner, who has long been jealous of my GWAMM in GW2, has decided to join me. We'll both be going for GWAMM (him on a new account) and would like to world-complete, including UW, FoW, DoA, and all the end game content.

    My question is fairly straightforward - what duo is best for pursuing GWAMM and completing end game content? Obviously we'll have heroes (and I might turn my OG GWAMM into a mercenary - perks of her being a Mesmer!), but I'm thinking about farming and trying to use of heroes/mercenaries as much as possible. I presume that a Spirit Spammer is a solid choice, but I wondered if there were any other suggestions for a duo?

    Many thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/jamesaknight1
    [link] [comments]

    Where should I buy guild wars as a new player?

    Posted: 07 May 2020 09:35 AM PDT

    Sorry if this sounds a little odd. My boyfriend is an old school guild wars player and he wanted to share it with me as it's one of his favourite games. I've seen him play and to be honest it seems like a beautiful game with a nice challenge - I am very excited to try it out!

    Currently guild wars is on steam:

    Guild wars game of the year edition Guild wars trilogy Guild wars eye of the north

    Apologies again if this is a silly question but I would need to buy the trilogy and the eye of the north expac right?

    I am not sure what guild war game of the year edition contains or if I need that as well!

    Do you happen to know if I can tie these to my guild wars 2 account as he wants to try and get the GWAMM title together, I would love to show it off in guild wars 2 if at all possible!

    Thanks all!

    submitted by /u/RedXIIIMustDie
    [link] [comments]

    HR Para dagger testing

    Posted: 07 May 2020 04:07 PM PDT

    Seven Weapons Stance

    Posted: 07 May 2020 01:20 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    So the new warrior elite - the wiki says this:

    This skill will increase all weapon attributes regardless of the secondary profession selected and display them in the attributes list while the effect is active 

    Does this mean that, for example, I can be a W/N but use a scythe, and I will effectively have scythe attribute 16 even though I'm not even a Dervish??

    submitted by /u/AndrewZabar
    [link] [comments]

    Vanilla server

    Posted: 07 May 2020 10:17 PM PDT

    It would be awesome to play the game from the first few updates and slowly go through the timeline of expansions. Are there any private servers of Prophecies?

    submitted by /u/eunhon
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone still playing this ?

    Posted: 07 May 2020 07:46 PM PDT

    Hello I have 3 friends that are coming back and I wish to play with other players (make GW great again)

    Are you guys interested ?

    PM me if yes

    FistofEden

    submitted by /u/Ricard02
    [link] [comments]

    New SC Guild!

    Posted: 07 May 2020 10:02 AM PDT

    WisH | New | #1 Luxon Ally | SC Based| LF SCer's | Events | Zaishen | PvE/PvP |T eachRuns | Active soon! | PM!

    PM Dutch Dervish Beast ingame

    submitted by /u/BigPimpAlfie
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment