• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 23, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - May 23, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - May 23, 2020


    Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - May 23, 2020

    Posted: 23 May 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

    Resources:

    Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    GW2 art plate 5" x 5" x 1/4" thick

    Posted: 22 May 2020 10:03 PM PDT

    I got a couple of WoW veteran friends who started playing GW2 recently.

    Posted: 23 May 2020 04:08 AM PDT

    Another amazing community post.

    Posted: 22 May 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    Tonight I was playing WvW. I've been playing it for about 3-4 weeks so I'm still relatively trash and learning. There was an open tag who was constantly blaming everyone for when we died despite that we kept getting large zergs running through our 12 person group.

    At one stage the tag threw Siege and we started building it and then straight away we got ran through by a large Zerg. I was dead before I even knew what was going on. The commander then posts to the squad something like, "we wouldn't get wiped if it wasn't for our ranger thinking he's god". This tag was also the first person I ever met in WvW and he seemed cool until then.

    I apologised and said I know I have a lot to learn and left the squad to roam. Within a minute my chat bar was purple whispers from players saying how I definitely didn't cause us to keep wiping as we were just severely outnumbered, and one player even invited me to join his guild so I learn more about WvW.

    So remember for every one toxic person in gw2 there's a bunch of cool people trying to help improve the game and community.

    submitted by /u/Techniques_Speak
    [link] [comments]

    NA down

    Posted: 22 May 2020 04:44 PM PDT

    Got booted from servers with your typical "game client can't connect to login servers" error, and unable to log back in. Asked others to confirm; seems to be the case and doesn't matter what map you were on. Hope it doesn't last too long! You might be able to continue playing on your current map until you try to load a new map.

    EU Guild Wars 2 isn't down, and the first Guild Wars isn't down.

    Edit: The game is back up.

    submitted by /u/ErikHumphrey
    [link] [comments]

    [Art] Comic I made about my confusion.

    Posted: 22 May 2020 03:33 PM PDT

    this was it all along

    Posted: 23 May 2020 06:19 AM PDT

    Just thought this was beautiful and wanted to share

    Posted: 22 May 2020 09:00 PM PDT

    Classic tequatl waiting line chat

    Posted: 23 May 2020 12:40 AM PDT

    I have enjoyed my first year of Guild Wars 2 because it has let me solo.

    Posted: 22 May 2020 09:18 AM PDT

    I tend to play MMORPGs solo. I played Wildstar and I enjoy how it let me have fun on my own. Most of my friends aren't into RPGs let alone MMORPG (my boys are FPS-type players and I don't have the adderall induced reaction times to keep up and still a young adult) and I'm not great at making friends on the internet (mostly because I don't get to game as much as I'd like and people tend to progress beyond my level). I love the exploration and worlds and feeling like I'm a part of a larger virtual world. I have found some MMOs are better than others at letting players just doing their own thing and have fun. My favorite part is that without any sort of guide I managed to play through the main campaign of the base game pretty much by myself and it felt like great. I just made my Sylvari Meser and played the game and had a blast.

    I didn't have much issue doing all the quests and learning about the Tyria was a lot of fun. It felt like a single-player game but other people were there too. I never felt forced to do group activities or pressured to buy goodies I don't need. I did pick up a few vanity items in the cash shop but i never felt like i had to buy anything. Everything felt optional which is a good feeling, i never felt like i was "missing out".

    I played this game on the weekends and after work and I managed to do everything I wanted without issue and I know it's not a big deal but I feel like you can't do that in modern games as much as I feel like you should be able to. This game respected my time, which is just really nice as someone who is works 50-ish hours a week.

    It's a good game and I hope now that I'll start the expansion packs I hope i'll be able to continue to enjoy this game. This game has does so much right I wish I discovered it earlier.

    submitted by /u/booster_silver
    [link] [comments]

    Is this Crecia? She's duel wielding swords despite being an Elementalist

    Posted: 22 May 2020 02:31 PM PDT

    Gw2 NA logon servers are down

    Posted: 22 May 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    Servers are back online

    submitted by /u/volcom0316
    [link] [comments]

    She is into flipping now

    Posted: 22 May 2020 09:30 AM PDT

    My Guild/IRL friends doing Fractal Fridays, where we have drawing for free gold, run events and hang out! Here are some pics we took tonight!

    Posted: 22 May 2020 08:08 PM PDT

    All the secrets in Lion's Arch!

    Posted: 22 May 2020 12:09 PM PDT

    Action Camera + Essence Skills - A Match Made in Hell

    Posted: 22 May 2020 10:43 PM PDT

    Sooo, I finally figured out the element that's been driving me crazy when playing in Bjora. The essence skills are kludgy in design, but for the longest time I've had a more pressing issue: 90% of the time, when they're called for in an encounter - especially a scripted one, such as in a strike or fighting Drakkar - the essence skill simply doesn't work.

    Invalid target. Attack a foe imbued with the essence weak to this ability.

    That cursed red message floods my screen and chat log after playing one of those encounters. I untarget, retarget, and it still won't work. Finally, one of the attempts will work as a fluke, sometimes.

    I finally realized after a bit of testing what's causing the issues: tab targeting and action camera targeting work completely differently in the engine. I'm not sure if it's the right-clicking or the tab targeting that's behaving differently, but regardless, that targeting system does not seem to set the proper variables in the client that inform the engine what type of enemy is being targeted, and therefore whether the target is suitable for the essence skill being used.

    Has anyone else encountered this bug? Is action camera really that infrequently used that most people don't notice it? I've felt like I've been going crazy getting this bug all the time when no-one else I've asked has.

    submitted by /u/Pepper_Klubz
    [link] [comments]

    Character Slots 25% off (600 gems) and Bag Slots 30% off (280 gems)

    Posted: 22 May 2020 09:03 AM PDT

    Friendly reminder so some of you don't forget and miss your chance!

    submitted by /u/Quickbeamed
    [link] [comments]

    Made a meme about my least favorite and the 2nd most handsome boi in Raids

    Posted: 22 May 2020 09:29 AM PDT

    Could we please have a version of the Legendary Medium Chest without effects since PvP and WvW have similar versions :(

    Posted: 22 May 2020 03:40 PM PDT

    nearly maxed MF/luck, what next?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 07:46 AM PDT

    im less than 10k luck left to hit +300% base MF. once that happens, should i just sell all the unID gear i get? what about gear drops from core tyria areas? salvageable junk loot?

    what should i do with any essences of luck i pick up afterwards?

    submitted by /u/SpasticExcursion
    [link] [comments]

    Another average wvw vid

    Posted: 23 May 2020 07:45 AM PDT

    Earnings of GW2 - 2013 to 2020 [release excluded]. How could the game earn so much without gliders, mount skins, templates?

    Posted: 22 May 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    Current Weapon Usage chart - I know Elite Specs are the "New Weapon" thing, I'd like some weapons to added to Core Professions

    Posted: 22 May 2020 11:24 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment