• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 21, 2020

    Guild Wars This arrived today! 😁

    Guild Wars This arrived today! ��


    This arrived today! ��

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 05:32 AM PDT

    15 years Guild Wars : My tribute and contribution to one of best games ever made

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 09:23 PM PDT

    15 years Guild Wars : My tribute and contribution to one of best games ever made

    Hello my fellow Guild Wars players,

    soon, Guild Wars will turn 15 years old...can you picture that? I hardly can....

    My journey into Guild Wars began in 2007, with the release of Nightfall, which is my personal favorite chapter. 13 years later and I'm still playing this amazing and beautiful game ( I had a break though from the game from 2011 to 2016).

    The main reason why I still love this amazing game, is not only the - still up to this day - delightful, wonderful graphics and landscapes, not only the beautiful and stunning music by Jeremy Soule or the very interesting and magnificent story / lore, but (!) the heart of the game, which - at least to me - is the sheer amount of different skills and as a result of that all the different kinds of builds, possibilities and many,many ways to play and enjoy the game or your character.

    my favorite outpost

    That is what makes Guild Wars truly great, what seperates it from other RPGs / MMORPGs.

    Many players paid their tribute / contributed by making videos, tutorials, drawing wonderful pictures, etc. So I decided to finish all my balance update suggestions and share them. I started with my skill rebalance suggestions back in 2017, and back then I changed a lot of skills completely, meaning that I changed their whole functionality. But when I asked someone who was in touch with the guys responsible for GW1, I was told that it would be very unlikely for that kind of balance update to happen, since it would have been a lot of work for those few people still working on GW1.

    So I figured that it would be much more convinient and faster to balance, if I'd just change the numbers / values of all the skills (with a tiny few exceptions of course) so that a huge balance update would become more likely to happen, since it's easier to change values in a database. But.....when Bill Freist left, I realized that any kind of balance update will not happen anymore.

    Still, I decided to publish all my skill suggestions for all professions and share the with you lovely people. Here you can check them all out:

    https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Feedback:User/Golden_phoenix

    (Now, please keep in mind, that the suggestions made are ONLY for PvE, not for PvP, since I'm 90% PvE player. And although I tried to change just numbers and values, some skills really needed a complete change of their functionality.)

    I guess almost everybody knows, that there are 3 professions that need a complete rebalance in PvE: Ranger, Paragon and the poor Monk. But apart from those, Dervish and Mesmer ( which are very good balanced in PvE), the other 5 professions also need tweaks and alterations. So I took care of all 10 professions. I hope you will enjoy going through all of my suggestions and will share your opinion here with me, no matter if you like them or not, wether you agree or disagree. Let me know what you think. BUT: please stay respectful and polite.

    So, in the end, even though a balance update is not going to happen, if I could make a wish for one big final update in Guild Wars 1: it still would be this. Not another expansion, not another GW: Beyond episode, not more costumes. One, final, big, well-thought balance update for all professions. (Hell, I would even do all the work myself for free and wouldn't want a damn penny!)

    perhaps one of the most beautiful places in the game

    submitted by /u/Ariortega
    [link] [comments]

    /age -- I thought I would check my oldest and see when I started playing... 14 years 8 months. What is your oldest character??

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 01:16 AM PDT

    Heart of the Shiverpeaks

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 04:46 AM PDT

    Hello all-

    I'm a returning player and I am having trouble with Heart of Shiverpeaks dungeons. I've tried it a few times but to no avail, I keep getting killed by the giant fire worm (cinder) or something like that. I'm working with three necros and three mesmers(Xandra) but we keep getting one shotted due to -60% DP.

    My in game name is The Waifuu and I could really use some assistance. Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/dreaded-darko
    [link] [comments]

    20k sub hype!

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 05:49 AM PDT

    We did it reddit

    Honestly I'm surprised that the sub is still growing at a rather decent pace but I'm happy for it

    submitted by /u/Raknel
    [link] [comments]

    Dishonoured by full team of leechers

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 08:08 PM PDT

    Just played an RA for the first time in years, and a full team of leachers reported me giving me a Dishonoured effect for calling them out. Now im stuck...just wanted to play..

    submitted by /u/SamSnoozer
    [link] [comments]

    Time!

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 06:03 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, today it crossed my mind that I spent a ton of time on this game, so I got on and "/age"d all my toons and this is what I got, all are hours:

    Ranger: 52

    Necro: 68

    Ritualist: 87

    pre-saring ranger: 104

    Monk: 191

    warrior: 198

    assassin: 649

    all in im at 1866 hours! plus the few im putting on currently using RT/a SoS farming in the UW. I thought I was up there in hours, but where is everyone else at?!

    submitted by /u/MulletMachine1
    [link] [comments]

    Chance encounter farm AND Zei Ri

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 05:00 PM PDT

    I want to be able to do the Chance Encounter HM farm and get Zei Ri as a hero. Is this possible? Is there any difference at all between doing A Chance Encounter in hm versus A Chance Encounter (Hard Mode) in hm?

    submitted by /u/nhremna
    [link] [comments]

    I want to experience the story in a swift and effective way

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 06:59 PM PDT

    ...and also get all my hall of monument achievements in gw2, but that's a secondary goal.

    I started playing years ago but quit after the first mission post searing as I didn't enjoy myself. I really want to see the story of guild wars 1 though because it seems so interesting. So I want to try again.

    What are some good builds to do so? I have all the campaigns/xpacks. I don't care much for the combat and mechanics so I'm looking for a guide or build that just lets me braindead storm through the game so I can enjoy the story and stuff.

    Can anyone point me in the direction of achieving this? Should I just be finding someone to carry me? From what I understand this a game that can be very much single player.

    submitted by /u/PopeDialgaVI
    [link] [comments]

    Protector titles

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 11:06 AM PDT

    When farming for these titles how will I know if i earned the Masters reward?

    submitted by /u/hermtold
    [link] [comments]

    Farming / Zone clearing in duo

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 04:52 AM PDT

    Hey, I was doing with a friend Duo spirit in UW and some clearing of HM zone.

    But it become boring and we are searching some other idea Duo farm. I remember that Shar of Orr was cleanable at some point in 600/smite but i didn't see anything on PvX now.

    Actually we love duo play because we can do it our own rythme, not like 8man-SC.

    So do you have some idea of funny 2 man farming? Or 3 man with one hero. In any profession, for dungeon, HM areas, elite areas etc..

    (We already know for the duo Fow (D and A) but we have to master it).

    submitted by /u/DragnasKray
    [link] [comments]

    Mesmer, Ritualist or Dervish

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 10:45 AM PDT

    I'm returning to GW after a long hiatus and am considering Mesmer, Ritualist or Dervish as the class I would like to focus on. I was curious about what the state of these three classes are for end game content and what types of roles they play in the current meta. Any information or insight is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/ChromaOne
    [link] [comments]

    "I Am Cooming!": For 10 seconds, you coom. (Attribute: Coompertise)

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 03:18 PM PDT

    Gwamn and ldoa question

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 05:53 AM PDT

    Am I able to farm titles for gwamm across multiple characters or do they all have to be on one character? Also, is ldoa required for gwamm and if it is, can I get it with a second character and still have it count toward gwamm?

    submitted by /u/hermtold
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment