• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 22, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Taimi fan art :)

    Guild Wars 2 Taimi fan art :)


    Taimi fan art :)

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 08:15 AM PDT

    My aunt wanted to get me a painting to brighten up my room for my birthday, and surprised me with the Grothmar Valley loading screen. Finally got around to putting it up!!

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 02:04 PM PDT

    Commander Tag cross-stitch patches

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 09:40 PM PDT

    I Made my Guild Logo, With a Little Icebrood Saga touch

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 03:44 PM PDT

    [VoD] for old veterans from Guild Wars 1 ;) : Zack - in fuego

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 03:40 AM PDT

    The Guild Wars Anniversary Celebration Begins Tomorrow

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 09:01 AM PDT

    THE RETURN OF THE RAIDING LEAGUE IS COMING IN MAY

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 02:32 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I'm proud to announce the return of the Gw2 Raiding League with a new format and this time with two categories!

    Without further ado, let's jump into the new format

    These teams will be split in 2 leagues: "Gold" and "Silver".

    • The Gold league will see the finest raiders compete in a live event on may 23 to clear the same wing at the same time, race style.
    • The Silver league will oppose any non-hardcore teams on two different bosses. They will have to record each bosses between May 9 to 16.
    • The new format is setup in a way that we can do it on a monthly basis and we have no limit in terms of number of participants.
    • Each team will accumulate points from each monthly event but you don't need to participate in all the future event if you don't want to.
    • Silver winner will be invited to participate in Gold series.

    Let's specify a bit each categories now

    SILVER LEAGUE

    On may 9, 2 bosses will be drawn. Teams will have an entire week to train and submit a kill(log) and PoV of each bosses before the highlight stream on May 16. However, to validate a kill, your team will need to do it within an hour timer. Start your timer by sending a start log into the discord (you will have a private channel) and submit your kill log within an hour. This is to add some competitiveness and making the silver league less grindy and time consuming.

    Each boss can be done separately and you will need to do both of the kills before the end of the week. Fastest logs win the boss, best ranked between the two bosses win the event. If there is a tie between teams, the fastest cumulative time will win.

    • Gold league teams or players can't participate in silver league.
    • Each player can only fight for one team during the event.
    • Follows standard 10-man restricted rules on https://www.speedrun.com/gw2.
    • Your team must submit a dps log accompanied by at least 1 video for verification.

    Boss List
    VG - Gorseval - Sabetha
    Slothasor - Matthias
    KC - Xera
    Cairn - Mursaat - Samarog - Deimos
    SH - Dhuum
    CA - Largos - Qadim
    Adina - Sabir - Qadim the Peerless

    GOLD LEAGUE

    At the end of the silver league stream on may 16, a wing will be drawn. Teams will have an entire week to practice the wing. At the end of the week during the live event on May 23 everyone will start the wing at the same time. Winning is based on completion time during the event. You'll need to stream the event with timer on it and be able to give at least 1 PoV covering all of the wing. No CM will be activate for the event.

    HOW TO REGISTER YOUR TEAM

    • Simply join the discord and apply under the 1st/2nd league registration channel: https://discord.gg/G4Z83yj

    • Once your registration is accepted you'll be invited to the private discord where you will receive all the information needed for participating in the event and your private channel to record your kills.

    • Registration is open now and will close on May 15 for Silver and May 22 for Gold Series.

    HOW TO FOLLOW THE EVENT

    You'll be able to follow the event on the discord but also during the 3 streams we have planned, time and hour will be updated later on.

    • May 9: Live stream for Fractal/SAB competion and Silver League boss Pick
    • May 16: Highlights form the silver league and Gold league wing pick
    • May 23: Live event for gold league

    REWARDS

    Current prize pool without donations is:
    1st place for Silver league: 500g
    2nd place for Silver league: 300g
    Random reward for below 2nd place : 200g

    1st place for Gold league:750g
    2nd place for Gold league: 250g

    Current donations:
    Silver league:50%
    Gold league:50%

    If you wish to donate go to the discord under #how to donate?

    PARTNERSHIP

    We've partnered with the website https://www.speedrun.com/gw2, and his community discord https://discord.gg/cshrJz3 to setup this event. The fractal and SAB competitions are still ongoing so check it out if you missed it: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/ftlrza/open_speedrun_community_hosting_competitions_for/

    We are still partnered with Guild MM and the [TP] guild.

    Thanks Walrus for your help reviving the idea. Thanks Fallen for helping us finding a good way to make the gold league possible.

    Thanks to Okimy, MM and Souls and all the [TP] to have joined us on the project once again.

    Thaks to the former participants of the previous season and to all the ones who have already registered for the new one.

    See you in the raid lobby. Take care, stay safe.

    submitted by /u/Caledor-ICE
    [link] [comments]

    Tornado Alley

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    Free Self-Style Hair Kit on Gemstore until April 28

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 09:07 AM PDT

    Older player need advice on easy to play specs

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 03:53 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, I'm trying to get into gw2 but I'm not too sure which spec to invest time in.

    1 As I'm not that young anymore, the number 1 priority is a spec that is easy to play.

    2 I generally enjoy AOE and melee combat more, and I don't like having pets so much.

    3 I will play semi casual open world group PVE and zerg vs zerg WvW. I won't be part of a coordinated group

    4 So far I'm torn between : any kind of warrior, Daredevil thief (looks very fun but I'm not sure if hard to play), ranger (but having to rely on pets is a minus, still i could consider) and power necromancer, vanilla or reaper (I don't know why I'm not into conditions so much)

    Thanks for any input you guys may have !

    submitted by /u/JeanPaulVandamme
    [link] [comments]

    A question to all decent to god tier roamers...

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 04:21 AM PDT

    Whats the must-dodge skill of your class/spezialisation that almost kill other players when not dodged?

    submitted by /u/qpalymHD
    [link] [comments]

    My first ever ascended weapon. I got as a loot from world boos, the poison sunless dragon. You don't know how happy I was. Glad that spending half my day following bosses paied off!!

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 08:57 AM PDT

    Say I want to just make one purchase and get all content. What's my best option?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 08:42 AM PDT

    I played this game back in the day, coming back occasionally for the super adventure box, but I cant seem to recover that account. So it goes. I've been enjoying Elder Scrolls Online, but it's a mess, server wise lately. So, from what I can see, GW2 is the most complete and maturated MMO out there that isnt WoW. As far as I know, there's two major expansions and a ton of living content, which... I don't get. Are things only temporarily accessible like Warframe's temporary events? Or chapters you can only buy at certain times?

    I just want to be able to kill the FoMo worries mostly and get /one/ complete package.

    submitted by /u/Teyar
    [link] [comments]

    Why can’t I select a server to play on?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    When I hover over "World Selection" at the bottom left, it says "Upgrade your account to change your home world. You will get one free world transfer upon upgrade."

    I don't have any characters created. Why can't I select a different server?

    submitted by /u/TheLandOfLoveAndWine
    [link] [comments]

    LS4 Farm New commander needs help

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 07:51 AM PDT

    I am going to make some LS4 farms for my clan and I have no clue of how to do it, Im used to the farm in Istan, Jahai and Kourna* (mostly) but i have no idea of the other ones and every help is apreciated.

    Also if you know if CF in silverwastes and Leather farming are still worth i would love to know it.

    submitted by /u/thealexking99
    [link] [comments]

    [PSA] The Maguuma Treads Skin will crash your game right now.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 09:07 AM PDT

    Title, if your character is happening to be wearing any sort of glowing headpiece (shrine guardian ears, requiem coronet, ...), your game will crash if you're trying to preview or equip the boot skin.

    In my case, my headpiece was hidden, upon making it visible again, my game crashed and now I cannot get back in either, the client crashes as soon as it's trying to load my character selection.

    Probably fixed soon, just letting you guys know.

    Workaround if your client crashes as soon as you're on character select:

    You can spam-click the location of another character's portrait before the client is loaded up, that way you can at least play a different character until a fix is out.

    /edit: ArenaNet is aware.

    submitted by /u/Fanintu
    [link] [comments]

    How do I unlock a skin without applying it?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 06:23 AM PDT

    I have a lot of skins from birthday awards in mt inventory. I'd like to consume them to unlock them account wide, but I don't want to transmute.

    How do I do this?

    submitted by /u/DoctorFunkk
    [link] [comments]

    Help!! Don't know how to finish personal story!!

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 05:58 AM PDT

    I've recently got into Guild Wars 2, but I've gotten pretty far into my game. However, I noticed that there was a bug in the Dead Sister story. I already knew I was gonna have to level up to 30 before I finished the story. But, when I did, I didn't get the letter I was supposed to and the game went straight to the next story line. So, I was just wondering, do I need to complete the Orders storyline before I can finish the previous one?

    submitted by /u/AmoraP93
    [link] [comments]

    The expantions arent going on sale??

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 09:10 AM PDT

    I've been waiting for like a year for the anniversary waiting for them to go on sale to purchase and I noticed some stuff on the guild wars 1 store went on sale but nothing else.

    submitted by /u/Optional_mage
    [link] [comments]

    Just got my artbook in the mail for the 20th anniversary! I now have all 3

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 12:01 PM PDT

    [Question] Weaver vs. Tempest for different contents

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 04:33 AM PDT

    Hello, so I started the game 2 weeks ago, leveled up to 80 and we started doing fractal with friends, we re doing t2 right now. I was playing power tempest because it seemed better at group play however weaver is recommended for raw dps (we have a chrono and quickbrand in our group). It took me this whole 2 weeks to understand core elementalist and learn its rotation fully, weaver seems even more difficult, swapping attunements with weaver is just torture. I have a few questions,

    1. Even with staff tempest, I die much quicker and punished very harshly for every mistake I make. Weaver is punished even more. Is it still worth it?

    2. Do I have to use sword with weaver? I like using magey classes and sword feels like blasphemy. I hear staff is nerfed, scepter is not optimal etc.

    3. How do I stay alive with weaver? If everything goes horribly wrong in group with tempest, after using my defensive stuff I can quickly switch to water or earth. However with weaver you get punished for that.

    4. Any advices for endgame content I would love to read. Give me the harsh truth, is the tempest a C tier dps? I am confused, some say elementalist is alright, some say you gotta do S tier plays for B tier dps so not worth it, tempest is not optimal or is it better (Ive read both), I am quite confused.

    submitted by /u/Zerinda
    [link] [comments]

    Cant create an account wtf is going on

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 07:43 AM PDT

    I bought the original trilogy for my gf as she wants to get more into gaming, but I can't create an account using the GW client. I go through the creation, it recognizes my key (Guild Wars with Factions and Nightfall) but then I just get an error code.

    I tried creating a GW2 account (and try to link it that way) but all I get is an 'unspecified error'.

    submitted by /u/DanteVSTheWorld
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment