• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 11, 2020

    Guild Wars Some advice on new Campaigns run(s) and easier HoM rewards

    Guild Wars Some advice on new Campaigns run(s) and easier HoM rewards


    Some advice on new Campaigns run(s) and easier HoM rewards

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 05:56 PM PDT

    Little background, feel free to skip this paragraph: So I'm a "long-time player" who has compulsive restarting issues that prevented him from ever finishing anything. Like I'm pretty sure before a couple years ago I had gotten out of Pre-searing... twice? Gotten off Shing Jea once (literally just to send that assassin to HoM and start dedicating Minis). My highest NF did actually make it to just past Hunted!, but that was about it. Nonetheless, I do have a little bit of HoM work done through minis, (because some of my characters were around for years in between runs). I'm 1 mini away from 9 points (that mini is sitting on a pre-searing character atm). My goal is at least 15 HoM points, though 20 (chimeric prism/jellyfish) and 40 (Flameseeker) are stretch goals.

    So I'm looking at starting a new run for 6-31 more HoM points (already have 9 through minis/linked) and to finally beat each campaign.

    So some questions:
    1. Apart from the titles just for finishing campaigns, which are pretty easy to go for? On that subject, I was considering going for LDoA as well. Is it worth getting Survivor at the same time? Does it get high enough for dedicating to HoM? And would it be wiser to have LDoA separate from character(s) trying to finish the campaigns or just finish LDoA and then move on?
    2. For Armor statues, how much more expensive/difficult are the special ones compared to the regular elite armors? Are those even a good set of statues to go for or should I focus on titles, heroes, and pets?
    3. Is it better to do all the campaigns on one character or one for each campaign? If it matters, if I only do one character, it will be a Prophecies one (personal reasons, notably wanting to have the reunion with Gwen in EotN. Said Proph character doesn't necessarily have to finish Proph first of the campaigns, but I would prefer to finish it before EotN).
    4.Do any classes/roles in particular make the game easier with Henchmen/Heroes? I'd rather not play a MM Necro or Warrior as I don't enjoy having to kill things to get my build working (or endless ghouls much) or the warrior armors. A warrior secondary or non MM Necro would be fine though. In previous stabs at the game, I've tried out most classes (typically to around level 8-10), save Warrior and Ranger. I enjoyed the Curses (though there weren't many) and Blood Necro, Mesmer (domination, but not interrupt, and illusion), Ritualist (save for how immobile it is), and Dervish. I always wanted to like Ele (particularly since they get short cooldowns to constant cast), but it always felt slightly off, like I was missing something (maybe just because I don't like fire mages).

    Apologies about the long questions. Summary: What are the easier HoM points to go for particularly in titles? Should I use one Proph character for all three campaigns and EotN or break them up? Is there a particular class/role that would go better with Hench/Heroes?

    submitted by /u/Slythistle
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Urgoz HM w/10 heroes HM

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 09:33 PM PDT

    TL:DR I'm welcoming any tips to complete Urgoz in HM with better time and more success at the hard rooms and the boss himself would be so great! Every other part of the area I find not too challenging. I love Urgoz and I'd love to master it! Thanks!

    Ok guys, I had to swallow my pride for this post. Bit of a back story: I've been playing GW for over 13 years and my favorite part of the game has been learning to utilize heroes, and lately mercenary heroes to complete as many areas as I can. Admittedly I haven't taken a serious shot at Underworld (NM or HM) and I really struggle at DoA HM with heroes, NM has been proven a challenge but do-able for me. Slaver's Exile HM was one of the hardest for me to complete, and after doing it before I had mercenaries, I believe I even used con-sets to make it easier. So Although I like to think of myself as a vet player, and pretty good at learning areas and completing them, I'm clearly far away from being the best at using heroes.

    That brings us to Urgoz. I've been able to complete it fairly easily with 7 and 10 heroes in Normal Mode, and with 10 heroes in HM I can get up to Urgoz. But I can't, for the life of me, figure out the right combination of heroes to use for HM to make it easier and I can't seem to figure out how to beat Urgoz himself in HM. Sure, I could watch a youtube video, but again I have a bit of pride and I want to figure this out a bit on my own.

    So all that being said, I'm wondering if anyone has any TIPS for tactics to beating Urgoz in HM. I tried getting him down to below 90% with my heroes to start triggering EoE, but do I really need to abuse the BUH shout and keep storming him in order to beat him easily? I believe the very first successful attempt I had was in Normal Mode, and I was able to somehow get him pretty low just with my WoTA build, and I used 1 RoJ hero to assist killing him. He is, admittedly, much harder in HM and the same tactics did not work. I've tried this in HM with my warrior and ritualist and have had mixed experience. I tweak my builds, bring different heroes, and I stopped bringing my MM in HM because I figured I could use the proper prot from ST and I felt like I needed better Direct Damage. Only downside is that sometimes those rooms with 100's of Wardens (both the one with the 2 Twisted Barks and the following room) I could really use the minion wall to help hold aggro.

    I'm ranting, but see the TL;DR otherwise!

    submitted by /u/BoopityBlipperty
    [link] [comments]

    SOLO RIT CHALLENGE

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 01:17 AM PDT

    Solo rit challenge-HEROES AND HENCH NOT ALLOWED

    Make a new Ritualist. Give him 7 ritualist tomes and 1 elite tome and a weapon of your choice.

    I gave him a sos build and a channeling staff

    that is the only thing you are allowed to give him. empty a storage panel, It will become this rits bank. You are not allowed of taking things out of crafting storage or other panels.

    You can trade with other players, but no freebies.

    Earn everything on your own. You cannot use heroes or henchmen

    GOALS

    Finish factions solo

    Finish nightfall solo

    Finish prophecies solo

    Finish eye of the north

    +any goals you think you should have

    //****You can use Fire imp bonus summon

    submitted by /u/animefan293
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to return after years of playing

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 07:11 AM PDT

    Really want to find a small group of active players I can join up with. I've join some guild from time to time but I never find anyone wanting to play together. I used to find group and now a days it's dead and I can't ever piece a group together.

    If anyone has this, please invite me. I want people to play with

    submitted by /u/Maccorkle
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment