• Breaking News

    Monday, January 20, 2020

    Guild Wars Long Term Investments

    Guild Wars Long Term Investments


    Long Term Investments

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 05:44 PM PST

    Hello everyone,

    It has now been 1,366 days (3.74 years) since I started liquidating all my fiat currency (ecto, armbraces, zkeys) in favor of lockpicks. My break even point is when ecto is 5k.

    Over the holidays, you saw quite a bit of ecto at 37=100k (2.7k each) because of 9 rings, and Canthan new year is just around the corner again (January 31 - February 7th).

    So, my question to you is: Will you join me in the land of portfolio stability?

    submitted by /u/iamablackbeltman
    [link] [comments]

    Small weapon clearance requested

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 07:50 PM PST

    Small weapon clearance requested

    Sorry I haven't played in a short while and it is 5 AM lol. Why does this oldschool Staff have "Halves casting time of Curses spells (Chance: 19%)" again? It should say Death Magic (Item's Attribute) right?

    https://preview.redd.it/vd5eow7yuub41.png?width=294&format=png&auto=webp&s=65bf65d351baf755ae560de5501ce9962fdc1917

    submitted by /u/KonjoJoey
    [link] [comments]

    I need some advice

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 05:04 PM PST

    Hey all. I've owned everything guildwars since release and love it. Funnily enough I never completed the end game due to stuffing about in pvp. I've come back to it this year, to old characters and I'm completely lost! I know how to play but I'm stuck in progression thru mid to late game with billions of quests and locations but little recollection of where I was focussed. My question is should I try to work it out one quest at a time or start a new character and play thru? Oh and btw... my chest is full of mini pets. Sooo many in game birthdays it's madness!

    submitted by /u/nigelsmells
    [link] [comments]

    Tips on how to relive this game again despite already completing most of it?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 04:04 AM PST

    When I was young, this was the first MMORPG I played, and I immediately fell in love with it. Call me crazy, but even today I think this game is way better than any other modern mmorpg (even GW2!) despite the outdated graphics.

    I would love to experience especially the original campaign again (Prophecies) because it's my all time favorite, but sadly I already completed it on hard mode with all professions, so creating a new character would feel pointless.

    Either way, since creating a new character of a profession I've already played is the only option, I'm looking for some tips to add some flavor and excitement. I want to enjoy the full story line of Prophecies again, and relive the past!

    I've already thought of the following:

    • Perma death if not resurrected
      (if your character dies and you are not resurrected by an allied player or hero, you are permanently dead and have to restart the campaign. Plot-related deaths don't count.)
    • No storage
      (you are not allowed to use the storage so you can't access your money and high-end items)
    • No heroes, and eventual player allies must be around your level
      (because playing as a level 5 with level 20 players or heroes makes anything trivial)
    • Mandatory bonus objectives
      (if you fail to do the bonus of a mission, you have to start over)

    What are some things I can do to spice up my new playthrough?

    submitted by /u/Willemstyle
    [link] [comments]

    Please Anet, fix the sever routing issues affecting Americans with Comcast/Xfinity.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 11:49 AM PST

    For those of you who are unaware, Americans who have Comcast/Xfinity as their ISP have been experiencing repeated problems with connecting to European servers.

    This issue is not going away and the frequency has become worse. For example, for 4 days last week, all Comcast users were unable to connect to Euro servers.

    This week has been a bit better, but I still have an extremely unreliable connection to European servers. It might be good for 2-3 hours, and then suddenly becomes unplayable for the next 2-3.

    As all PvP takes place on European servers, Americans with Comcast/Xfinity (one of the largest ISPs in the country) simply cannot enjoy the format.

    I am really hoping that Anet can reach out to Comcast to troubleshoot these routing issues. It's not getting any better.

    Thank you for your time.

    submitted by /u/Sir_Pumbo_Sploof
    [link] [comments]

    Levels of mobs

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 10:26 AM PST

    Some games (like Black Desert Online) give indications of the levels of mobs in an area, so you know what to expect in that area. So far I haven't seen any such indications, at least in Prophecies, so when attempting some quests I get merrily wiped out :-) ...

    ... which is ok,of course, but I'm just wondering if there is a way of knowing what level is good, bad or impossible for your level.

    For example, should one wish to attempt (say) Ruins of Surmia when one is Level 12 or maybe less ... I mean obviously it depends on a number of factors in your group, but a general steer would be nice sometimes, just to avoid wasting time better spent elsewhere. The game gaily dishes out quests which lead to your doom ... lol.

    Perhaps I'm just used to being spoiled by other games, which lead you by the nose?

    The wiki is fantastic, but seems silent on this issue.

    Thanks for any advice

    submitted by /u/swirleysun
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to get into GW1 again. Question about Hard Mode

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 08:52 AM PST

    Hi everyone, I recently installed GW1 to check it out again after many years.

    I wanted to jump straight into hard mode but I wasn't sure if I needed a few things first e.g. hero setups and skills. As a Warrior, are there any skills or heroes to get for hard mode?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Japoots
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment