• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 4, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - January 04, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - January 04, 2020


    Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - January 04, 2020

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 05:07 AM PST

    This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

    Resources:

    Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Meanwhile at the daily JP

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 06:59 AM PST

    Lara Croft discovers a new technique for firing her pistols

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 08:50 PM PST

    [ART] "Misgivings for an Early Lunch" by Chilkat

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 08:18 AM PST

    Balance patch, Swiss, Mini-Seasons, PvP/WvW Armors, 15v15 & more

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 11:43 AM PST

    Mythic Weapon has a collection and it has Achievement Points.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 07:13 PM PST

    Mythic Weapon has a collection and it has Achievement Points.

    So the "New" Frostfire Appearance Package worth 2k gems comes with the:

    1. 1 Frostfire Outfit
    2. 1 Frostfire Glider
    3. 1 Total Makeover Kit
    4. 1 Mythic Weapon of Choice
    5. 5 Charr Dye Kit

    As far as i know, the Frostfire Appearance Package is the only way to get "Mythic Weapon of Choice". Which makes this Weapon Collection similar to the Onyx and Gold Lion Weapons Set and the Immortal Weapon Set which are both locked behind bundles. The only and "Biggest" difference between them is that The Mythic Weapon Collection gives 3 Achievement Points when you fully unlock all 16 weapon skins, much like the Black Lion Weapon Collections, the only difference is the way you acquire Mythic Weapons are much harder to acquire and cost way "Way" more.

    So the question i would like to know is, is this kind of business practice gonna be continuing for future weapon collections. Locking achievements behind hard game modes is 1 thing, but locking achievement points behind enormous amounts Gems is nuts. I'm not sure why this hasn't been a bigger issue in this community yet, maybe not enough people know of it or maybe people actually are ok with this. Let me know what you guys think?

    https://preview.redd.it/zvewa41pio841.png?width=812&format=png&auto=webp&s=87d508ac44b1e073de503695e1a0646e8e1bc93a

    submitted by /u/KamoteQ21
    [link] [comments]

    Praise Joko

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 07:49 AM PST

    Gem real life pricing euro = dollar

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 04:14 AM PST

    So this is one thing that is bothering me at the moment, not really about the game itself but more about publishers pricing. Yes this will be a small rant but at the same time I really want to hear other peoples opinion on this topic, and I know GW2 isn't the only games that has this problem, most games have this same problem.

    Yes I do convert in game gold to gems, when I have enough gold, but as a more casual player who doesn't really like farming gold that much, I don't mind spending a bit of IRL money for gems from time to time, I consider it entertainment expense. All that said I hate the fact that they convert USD = EUR as 1:1, so lets first look at 800 gems, it cost $10 and €10, but if you look at the current rate of conversion it should be around €9. Yes at 800 gems, paying one more euro might not be much, but if we jump to the other extreme, 8000 gems is $100 and €100, it should actually be around €90, meaning I could actually get 8800 gems, if they didn't do 1:1 conversion.

    And I wouldn't mind that much if they didn't have a system in place that can convert somewhat correctly, they already have conversion to British pounds set up. Why not also set it up for euro?

    submitted by /u/FinalGamer14
    [link] [comments]

    THE PILGRIMAGE ACROSS TYRIA ((NOT SO MUCH))

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 04:44 PM PST

    Hello everyone! Its Brother Drake. Generally on the first weekend of the month I do a map completion event. However, I am currently battling the flu virus and will not be able to lead said event. So RL willing we'll do it next weekend instead! Sorry everyone!

    submitted by /u/Brother-Drake
    [link] [comments]

    Request for help with reaching out to the Linux guys on GW2 forum

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 08:36 AM PST

    Recently I discovered GW2 and it quite impressed me. So I wanted to try it (not seriously, I have i3 1.8 GHz Ivy Bridge) and found ArmoredVehicle.2849's project. I've downloaded it and got the login screen going, but haven't logged in yet.

    Anyway, I've looked at the scripts and as an exercise decided to refactor two of them. However, as it makes no sense for me right now to buy the game, I have no way to contact him. Could some of you post the following links to this thread?

    https://pastebin.com/P5c6yHGz play.sh https://pastebin.com/nwqYgYp0 setup.sh

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/caolanmactire
    [link] [comments]

    So, you find "Not so secret" annoying? :o

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 10:22 AM PST

    Tequatl/Triple Trouble

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 08:25 AM PST

    I've been gone for a while. Are these events no longer events that activate on a schedule and instead only happen when a guild activates them?

    submitted by /u/Rohbo
    [link] [comments]

    9 Chak egg sacs comparison from 1 to 9

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 02:30 PM PST

    title self-explanatory , made this video because i had so many requests x)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHOxkzgef5s

    submitted by /u/keepsbleeding
    [link] [comments]

    Extra-Pungent Skyscale Treat

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 04:16 AM PST

    I'm having a problem purchasing the recipe for the Extra-Pungent Skyscale Treat. Wikia tells me I need to talk to Gorrik in Sun's Refuge after starting the "Skyscale Lost" collection to buy the recipe, but I'm not getting any chat options that would lead to me getting the recipe. So, I'm in the correct place and have started the collection, what's the problem? Also, I have not entirely completed the "A star to guide us" Could that be it?

    submitted by /u/Urnukka
    [link] [comments]

    How did you choose your home world?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 03:28 AM PST

    I waited six months for Piken to be open and now that it is all my friends there have already left the game in favor of other MMORPGs so it will be pointless for me to reach them now, I read every possible discussion about servers and yet I can't decide I mean I know that I'll never transfer since I don't like the idea of it but I also can't predict a safe future-proof server where to put down roots in preparation of my WvWvW career. Instead of debating which server is the best (which never come to an unanimous conclusion) I thought of asking you how did you choose yours, did you follow a friend or a guild? Have you studied all the stats beforehand? Did you choose the coolest name? Please let me know your decision and if you have regretted it later so maybe I can finally decide!

    submitted by /u/GreenTomatoSoup
    [link] [comments]

    How servers work?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 07:21 AM PST

    I've been gone for almost 5 years. Maybe close to 6. Two expansions have came out and they look exciting. Me and 3 other friends wanted to start playing again. 3 of us already have accounts and rolled on Tarnished Coast. The 4th guy is new and started a new account. Tarnished Coast is full though so he can't join for some reason.

    Do they get rid of inactive players or is there a way to still play together? Like would he be able to be in the same guild as me? Or do everything else together?

    Thanks for any replies. I'm looking forward to being apart of this great community again :) haven't swung around my overly flashy painted daytime sword in awhile!

    submitted by /u/Mouthz
    [link] [comments]

    What do you do in the game? What are your current goals?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 09:00 AM PST

    It's the start of 2020 so I thought it'd be interesting to see what other players are currently up-to in the game. We have lots of content in the game and I was wondering what do people do in the game nowadays? What are you going for in your long-term plans?

    Gold farming? Dailies? Achievements? Crafting something? Spending time with the guild? Raiding? WvW? PvP?

    Also would be cool to know if you're a player from the NA servers or from the EU.

    submitted by /u/Vega_Starshine
    [link] [comments]

    Mount roster

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 06:54 AM PST

    Mount roster

    Heyho party people!
    I've seen a youtuber using this interface and wondered if it's some addon or somehow rly deeply hidden in the game.

    https://preview.redd.it/e92x19jjzr841.png?width=562&format=png&auto=webp&s=06bfab19676524b503b4b5e751186b9a6d9889fd

    submitted by /u/Ionenschatten
    [link] [comments]

    Lost Bifrost and account rolled back

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 07:49 AM PST

    I just came back to GW2 today because a friend of mine was gonna give me a legendary weapon as a new year's gift. After playing a few hours, my account got suspended and last logged in was at US TX. I am from Singapore btw, lost my bifrost and few hours of progression rolled back. I already have an Eternity, what's up with the suspension and loss of progression

    submitted by /u/Fluffiness1986
    [link] [comments]

    Top 10 MMORPG With the best graphics [The Lazy Peon].

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 04:05 AM PST

    Path of Fire vs heart of thorns difficulty

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 06:20 PM PST

    So I stopped playing gw2 a few months after Heart of Thorns came out, mostly because I missed the initial wave of people in the new zones, so by the time I tried to complete the zones, I couldn't do it without help from other people. I've been logging in every once in a while to just check it out and I'm considering coming back to the game. I got through the heart of thorns story I think, but I never really leveled up the new mastery points (I think Im level like 18 and most people i see around are like 300). So basically how is Path of Fire compared to Heart of Thorns for someone who mostly plays solo (and the game in general for a solo player)? As I said, I found the heart of thorns zones very difficult as every mob was much stronger than normal zones, so I would die to a small group of mobs (and I had full ascended zerker gear).

    Also whats the current state of the community and WvW?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/PixelRa
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment