• Breaking News

    Friday, January 10, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Toss A Coin To Your Witcher! [info in comments]

    Guild Wars 2 Toss A Coin To Your Witcher! [info in comments]


    Toss A Coin To Your Witcher! [info in comments]

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 02:15 PM PST

    THE PILGRIMAGE ACROSS TYRIA!((N.A.))

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 05:59 AM PST

    The Pilgrimage across Tyria: Map completion(ish) social event hosted by Me (Brother Drake) and my guild [RPcd] This event is open to anyone interested. We'll be doing the HoT/PoF LS maps. It is NOT 100% map completion its more around 65-85% of each map we do. Example we don't do the hearts mostly due to time constraints. I'll try to only use the basic masteries needed to do so. Playing to the assumption that not everyone has everything.

    January 11th 9 am PST/ 10 am MST/ 11 am CST/ 12 pm EST/ 4 pm UTC. Bloodstone, Emberbay, Bitterfrost, Lake Doric, Draconis Mon, Sirens Landing.

    Second Half

    January 12th 9 am PST/ 10 am MST/ 11 am CST/ 12 pm EST/ 4 pm UTC. Domain of Ishtan, Sandswept Isle, Domain of Kourne, Jahai Bluffs, Thunderhead, Dragonfall

    Please be aware this event is Role Play friendly. So you will see people talking In Character. Its mostly easy going stuff... Mostly.

    To those in Australia, New Zealand, remember that your ahead of the (N.A.) by about a day! So our Friday is your Saturday! So, Saturday when we start is your Sunday!

    We do take a break every 2-3 hours, for about 15 minutes. Mostly for my Sanity. Please be aware, I dont use any overlay mechanics, or duel monitor suggestion. It mostly from memory, so there will be times when I backtrack or go in circles!

    submitted by /u/Brother-Drake
    [link] [comments]

    BenP's expectations for the upcoming balance patch

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 10:22 AM PST

    GW2 character's fashion wars from Keweler, let me know what you think.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 08:03 AM PST

    GW2 character's fashion wars from Keweler, let me know what you think.

    I currently have 29 toons with over 5,000 hours played. Some of them use outfits and a couple have two sets of armor. I try to make most of my toons eye candy since I feel if you are going to watch a toon run around for a thousand hours, I don't want it to be a big burly dude. Let me know what you think. Post some of yours if you have some to show off. Follow the link for all of them and my background I made featuring all of them. https://imgur.com/a/SyZ9Lno

    https://preview.redd.it/ual8epmh5z941.jpg?width=729&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=8fcf6e6df545c8590a62e68834bc30bdf1d8f50f

    https://preview.redd.it/gj7m61nh5z941.jpg?width=726&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=64cccbe2d165e23e27bc7078a8cfffcd09331b76

    https://preview.redd.it/44ttp2nh5z941.jpg?width=727&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=8671e6e660b60d46c269b2e4b5744e73a07541bd

    https://preview.redd.it/8ckg03nh5z941.jpg?width=726&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=a8127cbdf41cd18a14e6372273c100c30d17a3dc

    https://preview.redd.it/h88om3nh5z941.jpg?width=726&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=237afa1895a276a4e926e93502c7974740a58fca

    https://preview.redd.it/s85wyinh5z941.jpg?width=1529&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=2ea9730da55055d47049dc5d3ef7cbd670558d0e

    https://preview.redd.it/8cq455nh5z941.jpg?width=726&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=9da84a5d2fc89a3441927ea6b06ca8b9a591afce

    https://preview.redd.it/lx7u26nh5z941.jpg?width=726&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=310b1b7ed1afa3a4841522bfac697fe37dd391e1

    https://preview.redd.it/5lhb0bnh5z941.jpg?width=726&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=de48f23dbc79297279610d7fa4a33e1eb0f7a9ac

    https://preview.redd.it/z4sfm7nh5z941.jpg?width=726&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=2f2264ca35c624bbe29a7139cb7b43486700bb34

    https://preview.redd.it/ee3q97nh5z941.jpg?width=726&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=a88b0e8276fd0c757cecd6a9602689e158f1714a

    https://preview.redd.it/0audddnh5z941.jpg?width=726&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=512a52d503a2ac5a26eb31af6af06b6bd5929e80

    https://preview.redd.it/2nympinh5z941.jpg?width=1166&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=e0359223116f68cd04271ec9c158013c9b5493ff

    https://preview.redd.it/f3xptfnh5z941.jpg?width=726&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=e1eb59534dc320d0c6c73898a6857bed552d26cf

    https://preview.redd.it/ko2e6knh5z941.jpg?width=1166&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=8cb5e5f50707d1aac6051de970df2c1c4cf23a53

    https://preview.redd.it/vbg4ejnh5z941.jpg?width=726&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=dbb0b141c249a824171b90e8d09422bf1c51b259

    https://preview.redd.it/uwnoajnh5z941.jpg?width=726&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=79e24efdb9887de8ade273e422f712f8d7f515c2

    https://preview.redd.it/yacf9uoh5z941.jpg?width=1492&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=b6a0d7b67cfa202af5c26c68a7c9e0beb5e90a12

    https://preview.redd.it/cjb9yinh5z941.jpg?width=1529&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=27d1dcca3e27972460fda272a8891d206ae90a0c

    https://preview.redd.it/60q27ymh5z941.jpg?width=726&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=55e9a48fa5c6df0171fc0351e0fb78958dae3f13

    submitted by /u/Nettling_Imp
    [link] [comments]

    Triple Trouble Event Training (NA)

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 01:47 PM PST

    It's a new year, but somethings never change. And one thing we are trying to keep from changing is how often we run the Triple Trouble event found in bloodtide coast. As many veterans are aware, triple trouble is probably the hardest map meta, tied with the Chak Gerents of Tangled Depths. Good DPS, communications with commanders, and add control come together for an event that has had several guilds come together solely to do this singular event.

    Two of these guilds want to keep the fire going, and help train anyone who wants to learn how to do this fun event. (And the loot isnt bad either!)

    The guilds EVOS and RnT cordially invite anyone who is interested in Triple Trouble to come on down to Firthside Vigil where we will be hosting a training session, to help keep the wurm slaying traditions alive.

    Maybe you've run with our guilds before and want to get an inside look, maybe you've even joined in helping defend against Husks or eggs, or maybe you are brand new and want to know just what the fuck I am talking about. Well we will take every one if you so dont worry. And if you dont really want to learn, we can still use the numbers for the zerg. Bigger the zerg, the more wurm heads we can train, which is really the whole point.

    So if you guys are interested, waypoint to Firthside Vigil [&BKoBAAA=], or just head south of Lion's Arch! We start setting up at 1:30 UTC January 11th. (Friday night for everyone in North America) https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20200111T0130&p1=1440&ah=1&am=30

    Happy Wurmslaying!

    submitted by /u/Swellmeister
    [link] [comments]

    Don’t talk to me or my son ever again!

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 12:36 PM PST

    southsun survival rework to attract battle royal fans

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 07:32 AM PST

    Since there is so much hype with battle royal games, i think there isn't a better time to rework and promote southsun survival. I mean it is really cool i used to spend many hours , it remind me of hunger games.

    With a little rework like map polish,possibility of new weapons etc, you could make it so new players(players with free accounts) can play it. Introduce some outfits and items for looks in the gem store and you can have a cash income as well. This can also bring players to the rest of the game as they may be curious of the rest of the game.

    To promote it, you could pay some streamers to play it for some days to create the hype.

    Really hope someone from anet team sees this and they decide to make southsun survival great again!

    submitted by /u/slyverine
    [link] [comments]

    WvW devs spoke a little bit about the balance changes

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 10:34 AM PST

    https://clips.twitch.tv/RefinedProudTitanDancingBanana

    edit: for those who cant see

    There are 800-900 skills and traits that are being changed in the upcoming patch. Not including some skills/traits that are having multiple phases/mechanics to them so it can be even higher number of changes.

    submitted by /u/barak8006
    [link] [comments]

    Ascended Armor Type Questions - Advice Needed

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 06:26 AM PST

    So, I've been playing GW2 on and off since it opened it's doors. I have a bunch of characters at max level, with max or close to max crafting, and I've finally decided that it's time to make some Ascended armor for them. I was thinking Legendary, but it's just too much for me to even think of undertaking at the moment. Ascended seems well within my reach, albeit at a slow pace.

    So the question is, now that I'll be investing in the creation of the armor, what type is good for each of my character's playstyles?

    I have a Guardian who I've been using Soldier armor on, just because I kept dying in guild events but I think that I've progressed beyond that and want to be more help to those around me, rather than just not dying. I'd like her to be a DPS character, but I also like the idea of being a support/healer and really like using the Mace/Shield combo with Guardian group heals going on. I was thinking Zealot's, but whatever I've found on that says that it's not worth sacrificing the DPS loss from Berserker.

    My Necromancer is big into dealing damage with a LOT of condition damage. I'm using Viper's on him now and think that I'd like to continue that trend into Ascended armor.

    My Revenant is just all about dealing damage, so Berserker seems a good fit for that.

    Are there any factors that I'm missing here in armor type selection? I'm the first to admit that I'm not a GW2 expert.

    Thank you in advance for any advice! :)

    submitted by /u/ScottsCaseFiles
    [link] [comments]

    Sylvari (Sidhe)

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 10:05 AM PST

    Sylvari (Sidhe)

    Hey,

    I created this character inspired by Guild Wars 2's Sylvari. A norn-ish Sylvari. Hope you like it.

    ~ Vygon

    https://preview.redd.it/lqqy863hms941.jpg?width=5000&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=6168f8b98de7eaff2c2f2a271d71dbca8f3994e5

    submitted by /u/Vhygon
    [link] [comments]

    WvW Quality of Life Wishlist for 2020

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 12:47 PM PST

    I've been playing much more WvW recently and it got me thinking about minor annoyances. Not annoyances with skills, weapons, classes, and meta comp., but basic WvW functionality. Here's my brief and incomplete list of minor QoL changes that I believe we would all appreciate. Please help complete the list by adding your QoL ideas in the comments.

    Also, please keep in mind that some of this stuff is not common knowledge - even among some seasoned WvW players. The idea is to make things more intuitive for all players, regardless of their familiarity with the game mode.

    ------------------------------------------
    Tactivator use
    ------------------------------------------

    When pulled, broadcast a map-wide message indicating which Tactivator was pulled, where (which tower or camp) it was pulled, and who pulled it. This will make players aware of their use and allow the player that used them to be held accountable - for better or worse.

    ------------------------------------------
    Spend supply consistently
    ------------------------------------------

    When building or repairing, always spend the maximum possible supply per repair strike. Presently, a player with 25 supply and level 4 Build Master and Repair Master (to spend 10 supply at a time) has his or her supply consumed as follows, which makes no sense:

    Strike number Supply consumed
    1 -10
    2 -10
    3 -4
    4 -1

    I feel this should be 10, 10, 5, not 10, 10, 4, 1.

    ------------------------------------------
    Recovering spent supply
    ------------------------------------------

    Do this instantly, not at the end of the build/repair animation. If I have 10 supply and can spend it all in one strike, don't make me wait for several additional empty strikes to proc the supply recovery via Supply Master level 4. Give it to me as soon as I've spent all my supply.

    Caveat: Yes, you can cancel the animation for the empty repair strikes and see if the supply return procs. But should you have to?

    ------------------------------------------
    Determining units of distance
    ------------------------------------------

    Siege range is easily determined by reading the blueprint description or mousing over a siege skill, but the range to target is not. If you're setting up siege outside a tower you must rely on experience alone to determine range. Possible solutions:

    1) Add more mouseover points on the map. Presently you can mouse over things like a POI or a supply depot to see the distance to them, but you can't mouse over a wall or gate.

    2) Add distance to player and object health bars.

    submitted by /u/ClaraFee
    [link] [comments]

    Lf Build theory crafting discord

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 03:26 AM PST

    So i have been trying to theory craft my weaver and have run into various missing information on the wiki. So is there a discord group or something for this sort of thing?

    submitted by /u/Cruddydrummer
    [link] [comments]

    Silly builds theroycrafting

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 02:14 AM PST

    I do like to theorycraft builds which might never have any use in any game mode, but are stupidly fun as hell in their respective ways. Let me repeat, builds for these categories aren't meant to be efficient or being played at all, they are purely for being fun for what they offer.

    I made up some categories, for which I try to find the best class, skills and gear combinations filling that role the best (We assume being in PvE regarding skills and equipment):

    • Fortress (no one can scratch you, highest defense/life and/or damage migration possible while basically standing still)
    • One punch man (highest burst damage with one hit)
    • Corrupted to the bones (stack the most, strongest/longest conditions on an enemy possible)
    • Boon addicted (stack the most and longest boons on yourself possible)
    • One for all (highest possible outgoing burst heal to the group. Barrier not required, but does count too)
    • Walking Healthpotion (best passive/regeneration life reg/s to yourself)

    Not allowed is:

    • Bufffood or items in general which impact stats except your equipment (runes/sigills allowed ofc)
    • Buffs from external sources like other players, environment etc
    • Race specific skills
    • Infusions

    Note: For conditional things like Scourge's 3 Sandshades needs to be active for the concentration/expertise trait to trigger you can always assume that things like this are given for the builds. Same goes for sigills which give +X x25 and so on. Same goes for traits which require X amount of players/enemies being close to you or in an AoE field etc. Everything counts, as long you don't need external player support for it to trigger.

    What class, skill and gear combination do you consider best for each category and why? I'm really curious what you think is BiS for these silly categories.

    Bonus: Share your build you thought of.
    Bonus 2: What would be a PvP/WvW equivalent of the build?

    submitted by /u/Zanktus
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to get into the game, a few questions.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 02:43 AM PST

    Hows PvP right now?, is it active and fun?, i heard there's rankings ect.

    Whats a good class for PvP?, also whats end-game like ect, basically sell me the game i need somethin new to play ;c

    submitted by /u/Jelmz
    [link] [comments]

    Opinons/Tips for these Warrior builds?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 10:18 PM PST

    Hi there.

    I've recently gotten back into GW2 (about a week ago), and remembering very little about what my builds used to be or what's actually good to have. I'm a Warrior-only type of player (got one of each race, 3/5 currently at 80), and was just wondering what works well for them, so figured I'd post on here and hope for some tips and opinions.

    Now, keep in mind that I don't really intend to do top-tier end-game content, PvP or WvW. I'm a casual player and like to do the Open World stuff and the occassional dungeon with my guildmates. I've taken a quick look at WvW and PvP, but never really been huge on competetive gameplay at any point. But I still want to, you know, perform decently and not just become a reliablity because my build turns out to be pure trash. So far that luckily hasn't been a problem.

    Here are the two builds I am currently using + gear I want to use (I've just added gear I think I want to use, so I'm ready to pick the stats whenever I get to that point. What I'm currently using across my different characters are rares and exotics I've picked up):

    Sword+Axe

    Sword+Shield

    I've chosen the weapons used out of prefered playstyle. These are the weapon combos I like using the most, after having tried out the different types and combos available to Warriors (including Berserker and Spellbreaker). Also, while I've put Battle Standard as my Elite Skill in both these builds, I actually prefer using some of the Racial skills (Hounds of Balthazar, Call Warband, etc) when I'm doing solo content. The Standard I really only switch to during group content to help downed allies.

    What I actually REALLY want people's opinions about here are the Build options and Gear Stats I've chosen, as I'm not entirely sure the build options are the greatest, and worried about getting Ascended or better gear without knowing what stats to go for to avoid wasting money/materials.

    Thanks in Advance for any tips ^^

    submitted by /u/Arretrea
    [link] [comments]

    Guild banners forming the arc of a peppermint platform makes me feel sad its over, cya next year Tixx

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 06:18 PM PST

    "Tell me about your library, Prince Mehtu. I hear it's magnificent."

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 11:09 AM PST

    "Tell me about your library, Prince Mehtu. I hear it's magnificent."

    My library is a wonder of the world, young one. Ancient scrolls, text from Tyria, ancient Orr, Istan and Kourna, and all the strange places throughout the world can be found within its walls. I even have stone tablets that were found on an island far off the coast... an island that mysteriously disappeared thereafter. Ha! I see I have your attention. Yes, my library is magnificent. I encourage you to come and see for yourself."

    Idk why, but this weird Island hypes me. An island that just appears and disappears? How about some water map later on with bubbles where you have mysterious island that have some deeper meaning while appearing and dissappearing?
    Technically we would have had the opportunity for an island fractal with the Prince but I think it would be too similar to Sirens Reef.

    But personally the Sea always fascinated me. And this is fantasy. You could have gigantic underwater sea creatures that are scary af, example being Subnautica.

    https://preview.redd.it/31591wgsxs941.png?width=480&format=png&auto=webp&s=3794ef752d24edee1b873e84b4730598d1ab404c

    submitted by /u/Ionenschatten
    [link] [comments]

    A moment of appreciation

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 03:48 AM PST

    Can we take a moment from veterans justified cryouts and appreciate just how awesome the music is and what a wonderful job the music team has done throughout the years! I have never played a game that has such a diversified up-to-date music library!

    Huuge shout out to the original soundtrack composer: Jeremy Soule and Julian Soule

    Awesome work regarding XPacs and down the line LW episodes soundtracks. Thanks MacLaine Diemer

    Thanks to all addition composition which were main by these talanted guys: Brendon Williams, Lena Chappelle, Stan LePard and Wilbert Roget!

    Thanks to all the personnel who gave life to these compositions!

    Here I will attach a link so you guys can go and take a look at our wonderful ear softeners and soul melting, music creators!

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soundtrack

    submitted by /u/vicolgnr1
    [link] [comments]

    Excessive message limit... any tips to counter it ?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 07:10 PM PST

    I am sending lot's of mail to people (i am recruiter in my guild) and there is again and again this mail spam limit "your message was suppressed due to excessive messaging".
    You can send only 2 mail, and then you have to wait for 1 min between each mail, this is extremely annoying.

    Is there any way to counter it ? (relog ?)

    The only way I figured was using an alt account at the same time lol but not convenient at all...

    Any tip to share ? ty so much

    submitted by /u/Rule_Reminder
    [link] [comments]

    Is warrior a high skill cap class?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 03:37 PM PST

    I didnt play for a long time and now thinking to come back.
    I used to play Thief. I got into the plat and then dropped the game.
    I actually like sword+smthing thief with rifle a little bit fun too, but i want to try Warrior.
    I'd like to know does warrior have high skill ceiling? Most people saying that it's easy to play and i kinda dont want to play a "dumbass" class. I like the outplay potential, possibility to do skill moves and things like that. Also i'm not really into very tanky playstyle
    So will i find warrior suitable for me? Or maybe you can recommend me something else? :)

    submitted by /u/Flugegeheymen
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment