• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 16, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 I couldn't resist

    Guild Wars 2 I couldn't resist


    I couldn't resist

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 01:17 AM PST

    Guild Wars 2 The Icebrood Saga Shadow in the Ice Trailer

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 06:03 AM PST

    Rewards

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 09:55 PM PST

    Rare behind-the-scenes look at development

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 12:26 PM PST

    Shadow In The Ice – Episode 2 of The Icebrood Saga – GuildWars2.com

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 06:16 AM PST

    Guild Wars(2) - Fan Movie (GW2 Cosplay)

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 03:57 AM PST

    Hey there, fellow Tyrians!

    Two years ago, a group of fellow cosplayers from my country & I decided to create a gods & goddesses of Guild Wars/Guild Wars 2 cosplay group for gamescom. While we enjoyed the convention experience, we wanted a proper photo shooting too. So last fall, we decided to do exactly that - and two of our groups' members surprised us by bringing another friend of them, who turned out to be a videographer! So we created a short film additionally to our photo shooting, and since this short film is finally done, I wanted to share it with y'all!

    Please do tell me if you liked it - and if you're interested in more GW2 cosplay stuff, you can check out our social media profiles (they're down in the description of the you video I linked! <3), where we'll add more pictures from the shooting as soon as we get them from our photographers :)

    Credits go to my fellow cosplay-friends & ofc our videographer - and ofc to Arenanet for creating Guild Wars(2) with its awesome lore! <3

    GW2 Fan Movie

    submitted by /u/RiyukaCos
    [link] [comments]

    Commissioned art of my sylvari, wanted to share with you guys! :D

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 07:38 AM PST

    Thank you SO much for the new raven outfit, finally after all of these years

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 07:30 AM PST

    I'll preface this with the fact that I, too, have been pretty disappointed with the direction the game has been going. And, like many other salty old vets, only log in to pretty much play a new episode, and then off for another few months. BUT... I have to give credit where credit is due. I know it isn't super flashy or even new, but many of us have been asking for the norn shaman NPC clothes literally since beta. It sucks that it took so long (and we only have one so far, please do the other spirits), but I'm still VERY happy to see this in the game now.

    So, thanks for that one Anet!

    submitted by /u/Lindelle
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with increased load times

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 08:45 PM PST

    That_Shaman: this keybind wasn't there before. (UiGamePad)

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 10:44 AM PST

    Game Update Notes: January 15, 2020

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 04:01 PM PST

    Musician's Guild of Tyria's Cover of Zombie by The Cranberries! RIP Dolores O'Riordan (1971-2018)

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 12:14 PM PST

    Visual Glitch on Potato PC

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 04:42 PM PST

    Firecracker Lighter 2 Griffon Speedrun : 1 min 43 seconds

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 10:47 PM PST

    Cutting down regular festive items in half and gating them behind an activity cannot feel rewarding

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 05:05 AM PST

    This is just a general statement using the lucky envelope example. Getting something people are used to, cutting it in half and gating the second half behind an event to make people play it wont work, it will simply make people not happy about the situation.

    Instead creating attractive rewards for the new event ( in case Anet is afraid of too much gold getting into the economy) will at least give people a purpose. In short, more "incentive" less "no gaming until you finish your vegetables"

    submitted by /u/Vichornan
    [link] [comments]

    Is this the worst loot from an event?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 09:49 AM PST

    I like the festivals, like to grind for rewards or item specific festival call me captain obvious but that's the point of the festivals, grind for items like crazy to get rewards/AP/Masters before it's gone. Halloween is the best example of this, there's tons of different events that reward you with lots of trick-or-treat bags as well as other halloween goodies. Wintersday is fine almost same as halloween, sadly can't compare to the best lab farm forever. SAB I see where people are coming from who dislike JP, but at least the amount of baubles you can get feels rewarding. Fot4W has different activities with loot.

    Now lunar year is a different beast, only had 1 activity and mostly relies on gold to get the envelopes unless you are good at dragon ball........which I am not. They now added a new activity: the celestial challenge that offers tokens. tokens=lucky envelopes i.e the grindy item. I did the achievement to get the 8 times challenge ap, and I think I am done, might prob do it time to time and do the race that is more rewarding than the new event because idk why Anet made the loot from this new challenge event so bad. 1 token (apparently guaranteed drop ONLY if you have stacks of lucky aura) 1 green, and TWO literally TWO essence of luck. Why the fuck? the festival that rewards with stacks and stack of luck via envelopes, the item you have to gift to greedy dumb droobert for ap, 250 stacks of highest tier essence to get the new mini, and the event you are supposed to grind for the items only gives two? This is not bad choice or laziness, it's insulting. The festivals are supposed to give incentive to do because it gives the items in stacks (ToT, WG, baubles). I can understand why lower the daily lucky envelopes from 16 to 8 and use tokens instead. But if this event is supposed to reward luck, you think Anet would be smart enough to say "so this festival people grind luck and the envelopes, we gonna add a new event that rewards that. Get a token get an envelope and maybe 100 luck lowest tier" But NOPE 1 token that seemingly needs an aura to be a drop, 2 luck, and a green. This honestly pisses me off, this new challenge feels like it's trying to be similar to the metal legion meta: a huge event that has mini events within, each one being in quick succession fast-paced with vastly different goals. Except it lacks the energy and unlike metal legion I think it's somewhat instanced limiting the number of players and most importantly and the whole point of this rant: It literally doesn't feel rewarding when I finish it. Really hope Anet realizes how bad the rewards are and patch it up for next year, at least give loot when finishing a mini-event.

    submitted by /u/edpedrero
    [link] [comments]

    Continual Celestial Challenge Achievement

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 09:27 AM PST

    Excuse me ANet, do we really have to do this boring event 96 times for those achievement points ?

    I don't mind a new activity, it's fun a few times but please, why should we spent +10h suffering like this ?

    2/3 people afk'ing in the instance each time too while the others do the job, wow such fun.

    submitted by /u/FloopySplash
    [link] [comments]

    Black Lion Chest opening

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 04:08 AM PST

    Hello, hello.

    Just to make things clear, i'm not a gambler at all.I collect Black Lion Keys every week just for fun. Because it breaks the daily routine : "gather / t4 / raid / dailies / start-again". The link below show the opening of 52 Black Lion Chests. I did it with an alt account.

    When I began to collect these keys I was wondering when I could use them ? And I waited for the good moment or the right content inside. But the time was flying by and nothing was interesting enough to keep for this account (a Vanilla one) or to share with my main account. Finally when I've reached 45 keys or something, I remembered about the The Evon Gnashblade Lucky Envelopes. Maybe one of the best thing to give to my main.

    So here we are, video + results, for Asuran Sciences of course (or just because I wanted to share the moment with the Permanent Hair Stylist Contract pop up ... but it didn't happen :-/ )

    https://youtu.be/DBItIcx8EJY

    Drops :

    • 71 Black Lion Statuettes
    • 52 The Evon Gnashblade Lucky Envelopes = 150 golds inside
    • 1 Utility Primer
    • 2 Metabolic Primers
    • 5 Upgrade Extractors
    • 40 Transmutation Charges
    • 7 Revive Orbs
    • 6 Teleports to Friend
    • 7 Black Lion Claim Ticket Scraps -> added to 3 I had already => 1 Draconic weapon skins = 35 golds
    • 1 Black Lion Claim Ticket => 1 Draconic weapon skin = 35 golds
    • 2 Black Lion Miniature Claim Ticket => 1 Mini Yellow Moa = 3 golds
    • 14 Large Crafting Bag
    • 8 Heavy Crafting Bag
    • 6 Black Lion Material Bag : Thunderhead
    • 3 Guaranteed Weapon Unlock => Mithril Shield , Legionnaire Maul, Fused Sword Skin
    • 3 Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock -> Olive Yew Dye (wooooot best loot ever), Mithril Axe, Winter's Needle
    • 1 Guaranteed Armor Unlock => Lucky Great Monkey Lantern (this particular loot made me smile)
    • 2 Black Lion Commemorative Coin
    • 1 Black Lion Lockbreaker Kit => 5 Bandit Skeleton Keys
    • 7 Glint's Winter Dye Kit => 1 exclusive : Glint's Isolation Dye
    • 6 Winter Chimes Dye Kit => nothing worthy
    • 3 Solar and Lunar Dye Kit => 2 exclusives : Rose Gold Dye, Silver Satin Dye
    • 11 Crimson Lion Dye Kit => 1 exclusive : Aureus
    • 1 Crimson Lion Mace Skin
    • 1 Fire-Breathing Package
    • 1 Starlight Wings Backpack and Glider Combo
    • 2 Black Lion Exclusive Mount Selection => changed for 2 golden keys (reminder : this account has no mount) => 1 Crimson Lion Shield Skin and another Mount selection => 1 Black Lion Claim Ticket = 1 Draconic weapon skins = 35 golds

    I think I don't forget anything. Hope this is useful. See you next year, I might do this again ... I wish to win the Permanent Hair Stylist Contract.

    Edit : Forgot to mention 10 Toy Mini Eggs and 3 Tyrian Exchange Voucher

    submitted by /u/MornJack
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone can help out with Boneskinner (sanctum arena)?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 04:07 AM PST

    Hi there,

    So I don't know too many good people and wanna complete the whisper in the dark achievements to unlock the boneskinner back item. Tried the sanctum arena a few times yesterday with randoms but never got really close to killing it.

    Is there anyone that can help me out with killing this thing?

    submitted by /u/Jerreuh
    [link] [comments]

    Endgame questions

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 04:01 AM PST

    Hi guys,

    Im currently playing WoW but i really dislike the current expansion and what they're doing with the game. So im looking for alternatives. Here are some questions I gotta ask first:

    -how is endgame like? What activities are there? -is there some sort of grind that i have to do? -how alt friendly is this game?

    Since im mostly interested in pvp: -which pvp modes does this game offer? -is there a ranked or competetive mode in pvp? -how does gear work for pvp and how do i get it? -is there some sort of scaling? -do i have to play other modes like pve to be competitive in pvp?

    submitted by /u/kevsreddit13
    [link] [comments]

    Legendary Crafting

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 07:39 AM PST

    act 1: Crafted fully a Bolt and sold it on TP

    act 2: With the gold I crafted Exordium

    act 3: Made all the components to craft zap/bolt again but won´t let me craft again Zap.

    So I submitted a ticket because I didnt know about Zap being only able to be crafted once but in the ticket they said that also Legendaries Gen 1 CAN'T be crafted twice. I am really confused cause I've seen youtubers that make the same legendary to gift or etc but is that right?

    I won't be able to craft Bolt again? Even if I buy Zap from the TP. Any experienced player can confirm that? Cause I am really confused here.

    submitted by /u/Geeezas
    [link] [comments]

    [Idea/Request] Improved QOL for Musical Instruments

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 06:14 AM PST

    [Idea/Request] Improved QOL for Musical Instruments

    This is a niche, but I'll give it a go.

    Musical instruments in-game are my favorite way to kill time while waiting for a friend to log in or just passing the time until the daily resets, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes it this much.
    While it's fun, it sometimes frustrates me.
    I am a musician IRL, and sometimes I wish I could play something I actually wrote and not be locked to songs and covers in the scale of C Maj (I know we can try and force a song to C Maj, but it's not the same thing anymore).

    I thought of a way to make it possible to change the scales (not complex scales though, because that would require a new different algorithm, and that requires a bit more effort for just a novelty item in-game).
    So the idea is this: add a new skill bar (just like lute has that chord skill bar and the drum has the tempo bar), and add the option to chose a scale there, there are 8 buttons - 8 possible scales to change between.
    I hope my idea is clear enough, I can't think of a good way to explain it in text.
    After you changed the scale, the other skills change (sound) according to your choice.
    I made a picture to show how a change from C Major to C minor should look like, or rather, sound like.

    Now, I do not know if the skill bar is capped at 3 octaves, making it impossible to add on a 4th layer, scrapping this idea entirely.
    I thought, maybe there could be another thing that lets you choose scales, maybe a new item [Musical Tuning Key], lets you change scales on your instrument or something.

    Why bother?
    I'm not trying to sound entitled, I just believe this could add a massive layer of depth to musical instruments in Guild Wars 2, it would give us the possibility to play a variety of songs that are not available to us right now because we don't have the right notes, like some half step notes.
    Goddamnit Anet! we can't even play some of Guild Wars' own music! like Path of Fire's theme song...

    https://preview.redd.it/2m74996s75b41.jpg?width=771&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=20389b4a7acd2773a1898298e87ffa935a0e970f

    submitted by /u/DarkLord1610
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment