• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 14, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Do you feel like ArenaNet is actively developing GW2 or just doing the bare minimum ?

    Guild Wars 2 Do you feel like ArenaNet is actively developing GW2 or just doing the bare minimum ?


    Do you feel like ArenaNet is actively developing GW2 or just doing the bare minimum ?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 03:30 AM PST

    I don't want to bash on the game or the company its an objective question (yes or no, although your reasoning is welcomed), i am just curious to know how a sample of the player base feels about this topic.

    The reason for this is that i have been playing other games like for example path of exile that has a reported team of "over 120" (statement made last year as a comparison to their starting numbers of 23) and although ArenaNet did fire close to 150 they would still be over that 120 current employees, and i make the comparison because grinding gear is actively developing a second path of exile (already at an advance state shown to the public) as well as a mobile version of the full game, without ever failing to support of the original version with the latest league and more, and these leagues are above and beyond what ArenaNet provides with no only maps, gear, challenges, mechanics, spells ... etc ... but most of all they all bring re-playable challenging new game play, keyword here NEW and not rehashed of the same thing, each league is on its own a different game loop and not just a map and a couple of events no different from what we had before.

    So i find myself kind of asking is ArenaNet truly interested in the longevity and support of the game as well as providing us with new and interesting reasons to play or are they just doing the bare minimum so that these questions are not really asked ?

    Note: I posted this same question on the official forums but in order to have more exposure i ask here on reddit as well.

    submitted by /u/darkcloths
    [link] [comments]

    Bjora Marches Icebrood Construct meta is failing because people are RPing that they've been corrupted by Jormag

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 04:07 PM PST

    This is the most ridiculous thing.

    Look, I don't mind that people want to RP. But every so often I join a map where 10-20 people are sitting in Jora's Keep and doing /em emotes about falling asleep or feeling numb and not wanting to fight, or hearing voices, and everybody else fails to do enough damage to kill the Icebrood Construct before it reaches the keep.

    It doesn't happen too often, but it's frustrating when it does. And hilarious. I don't even know how to feel about this. This is maybe the biggest memery yet.

    Jormag wins, folks. Show's over. The dragon has successfully corrupted the player character.

    submitted by /u/Tulki
    [link] [comments]

    [ART] Drew the Bug Boy for today :D

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 03:09 PM PST

    PSA : Magic find and how to max it (scroll down) by wiki (thanks to those who making it) for your maximal Lunar new year festival gains

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 11:47 PM PST

    Just a light snow

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 02:46 PM PST

    Coming back to Vabbi (It's been a long time since I've talked about this meta)

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 10:47 AM PST

    Coming back to Vabbi (It's been a long time since I've talked about this meta)

    Hello dear redditers ! And a happy new year to everyone !

    2 months ago, I organised here a lead for Serpents' Ire. I used to lead this quite often in the past.. But it's been a while now since I went in this purple desert. Every now and then, I still receive mails or whisps asking me if I'll organise something again. So here I am for a new round.

    To make a long story short :

    https://preview.redd.it/8uqmtc4bdla41.png?width=999&format=png&auto=webp&s=8b5ce500d929d7a58d6a5853901be4b560be6e27

    I'll open a lfg next saturday (18th of January) 2:30pm UTC (15h30 french hour)

    You must also know that I will open this squad the 25th of January, same hour. If there's enough people who want this to happen until the end of the Lunar New year Festival, i'll open a last squad the 1st of February too. But i'll remind you this last date if something happen.So, advertise in game, ask your friends, your ennemies, your guildies, your hamster, your cat, even your daddy/mommy if they can help us. (-: Just spread the word.

    So I'm calling you :

    Hope we'll meet there ! Kind regards, MJ.

    Eddit : And as usual, i forgot to tell that :

    it's a [EU] community event.

    submitted by /u/MornJack
    [link] [comments]

    When you don't play GW2 anymore and log in once a week to get the chest @ jp..

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 02:09 AM PST

    “Stop, Drop and Roll.”

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 04:14 AM PST

    So I've wondered this for a while, and used this trait under the assumption that its ally target maximum is 5 friendlies...but I'm wondering if anyone's actually went ahead and tested how many people can actually be cleansed from this trait because it doesn't specify on the tooltip a limit.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stop,_Drop,_and_Roll

    submitted by /u/JusticeRetroHunter
    [link] [comments]

    Servers down?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 07:05 AM PST

    Anyone else not able to log in? Launcher is getting stuck when opened. Getting error Connection Errors detected. Retrying....

    Internet is fine on my PC for everything else.

    submitted by /u/ogWargrave
    [link] [comments]

    (Xpost r/aww): WvW pirate tactics

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 05:43 AM PST

    Those who quit - what do you do now?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 07:33 AM PST

    I stopped playing regularly, because mount skins are too expensive to earn in game, and the reused assets are becoming blatant reskins. Now I just visit the forums and this sub because doom and gloom drama is very entertaining. I may come back to the game, but I'm currently enjoying CCGs at the moment: Shadowverse, Gwent, Eternal... these are all great games.

    If you no longer play, what do you do now?

    submitted by /u/t0rngamer
    [link] [comments]

    Builds recommendation

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 04:35 AM PST

    Any build recommendation for fractal/raid thief and warrior? Thanks

    submitted by /u/MasterMattin1080p
    [link] [comments]

    Possible PC Upgrade problems.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 12:35 AM PST

    Hello, I'm looking to upgrade my pc, looking at a Ryzen 5 or 7 right now.

    I heard that there might be problems with Guild Wars 2.

    Should I rather go for an Intel again?

    submitted by /u/StrikerJaken
    [link] [comments]

    is a healer a thing?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 08:54 AM PST

    so im new to gw2 and really having a good time, really refreshing coming from ESO.

    but im a healer or support kinda class/build in all the games i play.

    but with gw2 i cant find a real healer what i did found was that ranger can support but i cant see how.

    im now a lvl 45 mesmer because someone told me that it can be a good support.

    any advice is welcome

    i realy wanne stick with one char for the world completion so i want to make sure i have the right class to main and be a solid support /healer

    thanks!

    submitted by /u/Melm0-Dutchy
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] Name for my Asura Male Mesmer

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 10:04 PM PST

    Need help naming my Asura male Mesmer. I'm thinking of going with Kujju. I know that isnt conventionally male, but there are characters like Kudu that are an exception so I thought I'd do something similar. I do plan on roleplaying with this character, so was wondering if this would go against RP rules. If you have any other name suggestions for a Male Asura, leave them down below, thanks! :D

    submitted by /u/bigmonyoshi
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot download game please help

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 08:55 PM PST

    Hey guys so I want to get back into gw2 but I just can't get the game to download, I've tried everything and can't figure it out, it downloads to playable then the download speed goes to 0/kB and it just stays there, I know my connection is completely fine, I'm not really sure what to do, any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/StrengthofthepackSVT
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment