• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 12, 2019

    Guild Wars 2 The Icebrood Saga - Episode 1 Whisper in the Dark Official Trailer

    Guild Wars 2 The Icebrood Saga - Episode 1 Whisper in the Dark Official Trailer


    The Icebrood Saga - Episode 1 Whisper in the Dark Official Trailer

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 06:02 AM PST

    Crystal Reid (raid designer, pve boss designer) has left Anet for Bungie.

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 08:58 PM PST

    Not sure when she left, but she posted today that she started a new job at Bungie.

    She did a lot of open world and raid content, including Tequatl Rising (the Teq redesign), Triple Trouble Wurm, the Chak Gerent fight, and was (iirc) the lead designer for raids up until Wing 5.

    Wishing the best of luck to her in her new role!

    submitted by /u/Courin
    [link] [comments]

    As an infrequent PvPer, Wings of Ascension has always seemed beyond my reach. Made the decision to go for it a couple seasons ago and finished the slog tonight. Plus I unlocked a bonus feature - I really enjoy conquest now!

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 08:18 PM PST

    I have 300+ Icebrood Saga Hero’s Bundle Codes to give away!

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 12:58 PM PST

    Hey there! As much of you surely know, Quiznos and GW2 are doing a promotion this month where they are giving away an Icebrood Saga Hero's Bundle Code (comes with an XP boost, a pet, and more) and a code for $10 off Path of Fire.

    I worked at Quiznos and we had SO MANY CODES, so I was able to snatch a few packs of codes, since I'm sure we wouldn't be able to give every single code away.

    I know a lot of people are too far away from a Quiznos to get the code, some people being 100+ miles from the closest one.

    Drop a comment here and I'll DM you a code. Or two. Or eight.

    Happy Gaming!

    Edit: Okay I've quickly learned that sending them on reddit is going to be SUPER time consuming.

    EDIT AGAIN: hey guys! This is.... nuts. I still have over half my codes but I am taking a break giving them out. I've been going for over two hours. I need food and something to drink and I'm going to watch Monday Night Football. I WILL get to your codes and I highly doubt running out will be an issue. It seems like I had more like 600-750. And I have access to more. Please just be patient and I love you all! As for those who are asking, I AM planning on playing myself, but I am currently in the middle of moving and my PC is at my new place while I am at my old apartment packing and cleaning. So keep an eye on discord to see if I'll be playing soon!

    Again, thank you all for the love. This is a fantastic damn community.

    EDIT AGAIN: As of 10:03 PM PST I WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTING FRIEND REQUESTS OR DM REQUESTS ON TWITTER. I have over 300 messages/requests for codes and I might ACTUALLY RUN OUT! Y'all are nuts but also my favorite people ever. I'll try to get more but as of now, consider this the cutoff.

    Love you all!

    submitted by /u/atrolynnrae
    [link] [comments]

    Found this comment on a HoT launch thread. Thanks to everyone who runs HP trains!

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 09:10 AM PST

    Mantras & Build Templates, please fix this Anet.

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 05:21 PM PST

    Long story short, when you switch builds (just the traits), your mantras need to be recast... And it's a long fucking cast time if you're using 3.

    If you're familiar with firebrand, you might know they have 2 viable condi dps trait set ups at the moment... One which is better for single target damage (Zeal), and one which is amazing at cleaving or fights with lots of adds (virtues).

    I use the exact same gear for both, and the exact same active abilities for both, and the idea with build templates was to be able to switch builds with the click of a button right...? It should have been perfect for switching between cleaving & single target encounters, that was literally one of its best uses/functionalities... And somehow they fucked it up.

    submitted by /u/ragnorke
    [link] [comments]

    Guild Wars Templates of Classes for WvW , Fractals, Roaming , Solo , Raids , PvP

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 08:08 AM PST

    Is there a place where all of these things are combined but with actual meta builds as in a large copy paste ?

    submitted by /u/heavyhoncho35
    [link] [comments]

    No Mount Skins Earnable In-Game?

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 10:51 AM PST

    Mounts were one of the key features of PoF.
    However, there is no way to earn skins/patterns for them by actually playing the game?
    I understand that currency conversion could be used (gold -> gems) however, that doesn't seem very practical.

    submitted by /u/AyaCat
    [link] [comments]

    Wiki now has an article on queer characters

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 01:48 PM PST

    will we get new gemstore items today or a balance patch?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 08:15 AM PST

    This probably means nothing to most of you, but for the first time ever I have completed the POF storyline - I'm amazed by this expansion storyline and how beautiful new zones are. Next step: Living World!

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 10:26 AM PST

    Is there room for more Elite Specializations?

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 12:21 PM PST

    I personally believe that the Elite Specializations was a great addition to the game; when balanced right at least. They add a whole new flavor of variety to existing professions, making some of them feel like they're something else entirely.

    But I am curious about something, and I would love to hear the community's thoughts about it. Is there room for more Elite Specializations? What else can we add to all of these professions that won't end up mimicking what already exists? It's not just a matter of adding new weapons, but what can distinguish them apart? I mean, we all know that Mirage was going to be something else entirely (about mirrors and pistols) before it was ultimately scrapped.

    I really hope ArenaNet does end up adding more in the foreseeable future (either via this new Saga or through another expansion).

    submitted by /u/Maulclaw
    [link] [comments]

    Not happy that I keep getting "Recipe: The Twin Grieving Inscription" instead of an actual recipe books for selecting and making The Twins Weapons.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 04:33 AM PST

    My complaint is once you have one of these unlocked, you are done and they are useless. I keep getting "Recipe: The Twin Grieving Inscription" and "Recipe: The Twin Grieving Insignia". Once you have it unlocked you should not get them but get a recipe book to select a weapon of armor piece recipe. You can't sell these ot trade them for anything, but the game seems to think they are a rare drop. I have 6 "Recipe: The Twin Grieving Inscription" sitting in the bank and don't know why I keep them around or keep getting them instead of something useful.

    submitted by /u/thenettlingimp
    [link] [comments]

    (Final survey for my PhD degree) The opportunities, threats, and strategies of esports sponsorships (Only for people who watch/participate in esports) [Ends on 30 November 2019]

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 07:35 AM PST

    Hello everyone, I'm doing my PhD in marketing and I'm focusing on esports sponsorships. From May 2019 until now I have done 4 surveys. This is the last one. ATTENTION: Don't fill out this survey if you filled out the 2nd one, they are the same and have the same title (I'm reposting the 2nd survey because this is the most important one and I need a very large sample).

    All surveys are anonymous and done on Google Forms. The data from the surveys will only be used for my PhD thesis and to develop 6 articles that will be published in scientific journals. The participation of all esports fans is extremely important and greatly appreciated (survey is only for people who watch/participate in esports).

    This survey takes about 8 minutes to complete and is related to the opportunities, threats, and strategies of sponsoring esports. Here is the survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdUacl74DMc_BofKbD90NwRmohYAAgBlXmjjG_-P3QBmP6hCw/viewform?usp=sf_link

    Thank you so much in advance.

    I understand that this subreddit is not strictly related to esports but, since it has a gamer user-base, there may be some who watch/participate in esports. I'm also posting the survey on esports-related subreddits but, from a researcher standpoint, only posting there would mean that I'd only be inquiring the most enthusiastic esports fans, which would introduce a bias. In this sense, it is also important to place the survey on general gaming subreddits where people who simply like esports (but are not enthusiastic about them) may also exist and participate.

    If you are interested in easily following the results of this research, you can follow me here on Reddit or on Twitter: @EsportsAnalyses. Results are expected to be posted in this subreddit and on Twitter by the end of 2020.

    This survey has been approved by the kind moderators.

    submitted by /u/eSports_Researcher
    [link] [comments]

    Whispers in the Dark | Episode 2 | Fan Made series "Action, Comedy, Drama"

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 03:08 PM PST

    Question about Warrior build

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 01:26 AM PST

    Hello,

    I'm living in Tyria with my dps warrior. I have already crafted my ascended armor set with berserker stats and now I have enough materials for Weapons too.

    Up until now I was using Greatsword and Mace/Shield. Sometimes it is hard to complete even storyline with this combination. For me it seems I'm lacking ranged weapon like longbow. So I was thinking to choose Greatsword and Longbow (berserker stats) for my ascended weapons.

    However, MetaBattle doesn't have such combination http://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki, so I was wondering if it is bad. Maybe you could suggest something?

    Mostly I'm doing PvE, Fractals, Dungeons. A little bit PvP. But later I would like to participate in Raids and WvWvW too.

    On the same note, maybe you could suggest other professions (light or medium armor) to level up if I want to be healer/support and condition based dps (also mostly for PvE). I'm thinking about ranger for condi with shortbow, and mesmer for support? Would it be ok? I know I should play something I enjoy and all, but as I'm not really good, it would be nice to have at least semi-meta builds :D

    Thanks in advance. : )

    submitted by /u/TheZorry
    [link] [comments]

    Black lion delivery box

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 04:04 PM PST

    What decides the contents of an unopened box?

    I have multiple black lion delivery boxes. They are from different varieties of settings on my expedition board. But they stack, and are all named the same thing. So what decides the contents once opened? Are they actually known? Or.... will they just be whatever the current expedition board settings are?

    submitted by /u/rwbuie
    [link] [comments]

    Trailer is out but again there is no endgame content to be seen

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 06:27 AM PST

    Sirens Reef Fractal came out 10 months ago
    The Key of Ahdashim raid came out 5 months ago

    Waiting for over a year for a single piece of endgame content is not perfect but at least we have 3 new strike missions to kill with 0 effort and no rewards i guess :)

    submitted by /u/Adilem
    [link] [comments]

    Question about submitting to Fan Forge

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 07:36 PM PST

    Hi, I'm currently working on some GW2 fanart, and I'm considering submitting it to Fan Forge. My question for anyone who has sent submissions to it is are there any benefits to this such as royalties or what have you?

    If not, can you recommend a different place that can submit it to gain said benefits?

    Any info you have will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

    submitted by /u/Mediahead13
    [link] [comments]

    GW2 lightning Armor

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 01:27 PM PST

    Does anyone else wish there was more lightning armor skins? I finally got HOPE after a long time and cant find skins to go with it...

    submitted by /u/MesiKiel
    [link] [comments]

    Strike Missions are better for Guild Wars 2 than Raids

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 06:50 AM PST

    Am I wrong? 2 months passed and we're going to have more strike mission bosses than raid bosses in a whole year. And also how many players was raiding? 1%? Strike missions are much more accessible for average gw2 player. What's the point in doing content which is unplayable for most players? Usually Im very critical to Arena Net but I have to agree that Strike Missions are good for Guild Wars 2. This is casual mmorpg. We're here to have fun. Not tryhard. Raids made this game much worse after all. It made us toxic. It divided our community.

    submitted by /u/Driestu
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment