• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 14, 2019

    Guild Wars 2 I can almost deal with the gems for extra template slots but PLEASE

    Guild Wars 2 I can almost deal with the gems for extra template slots but PLEASE


    I can almost deal with the gems for extra template slots but PLEASE

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 04:48 AM PST

    WHY WHY WHY did you remove the auto pvp and wvw builds? That is actually a reduction in QOL features. That is a major step back. EVen If I had 1000's of gems to spare, from a design and convenience point of view it was a terrible decision.

    So I can't queue now in wvw or pvp from pve cos my builds will be fucked. Also coming from pvp and then say joining a raid, I now have to fuck around with builds...This is the major flaw with your entire system.

    Please at least reverse this.

    submitted by /u/FelicityJackson
    [link] [comments]

    Thief Traits be like

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 05:11 PM PST

    Am i getting crazy or is the sky looking at me?

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 11:48 PM PST

    “GW2 doesn't have the resources for […]. It's a smaller dev team since there's no subscription fee”. A comparison of size and content in WoW, FFXIV and GW2.

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 01:09 PM PST

    Years of players fighting over which form of content must be sacrificed in order to support another. Instanced vs open world, dungeons vs fractals, story vs legendary weapons. In the end everyone would like to have a good amount of content and updates.

    Considering the size of the dev team, it shouldn't be a matter of "either … or".

    Here are the numbers we know – GW2 and WoW on a timeline.

    For comparison:

    TL;DR: The FFXIV development team is at about 264 in-house [and 8 outsourced] members as of patch 3.56 [in 2017]. This is very close to (in fact, in some cases slightly larger than) the typical size of development teams for major MMOs on the market, including WoW.

    Further clarification:

    Q: 1,200+ people make this games but only 300 devs? Are the other 900 server maintenance, GMS or what? A: The rest includes Sound Design, Translation & Localization, the Community teams, Quality Assurance, Marketing, Voice actors, GMs and support, Visual Works (SE's CGI movie studio that makes the trailers), Uematsu and his orchestra, the motion capture studio, merchandise, online services, legal teams, etc.

    The credits of GW2 (HoT) look similar: 500 people. 300 were developers (artists, designers, engineers and producers).

    So how could they afford that without a subscription fee? Well, between the expansion releases people still spend around 4-6 million USD on GW2 each month. Equal to several hundred thousand active subscriptions. That should be enough for a big dev team (but maybe not a fancy CGI/cinematic studio or a large marketing department).


    Dungeon/raid/boss teams:

    ...raids, dungeons, outdoor world [boss] creatures, all that stuff we make - our team makes - we're actually about, there's like 14 of us now, we actually have a pretty big raid and dungeon team. - WoW, 2016

    • WoW in 2016: 14 devs

    • FFXIV in 2015: 5 devs - 2017: 8 devs

    [WoW/FFXIV raids] [WoW dungeons]

    The closest take we got on GW2 in March 2016:

    For example, with Salvation Pass, we had only about 5-6 people working on it full time for 4 months. A few others assisted with their time for a week here, or a month there, plus additional people helped when it came time for reviews.

    After the launch of HoT, we saw quite a few issues with Fractals and formed a new, dedicated Fractals team to take these problems on.


    TL;DR: A dev team of 200 - 300 people is the industry standard for all major MMOs.

    GW2 did have the resources to hire these devs.

    They did have the devs to get the work done - (at least before they were moved to other projects).

    What was actually going on with GW2 in all these years?

    Sources

    submitted by /u/buildaworld
    [link] [comments]

    [Tool] I’ve built a tool for quickly getting waypoint codes

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 07:18 AM PST

    Hello, everyone! 👋

    I've recently started the beautiful but annoying Skyscale 🐲 collection. You have to travel A LOT. I needed an easy way to get the codes of the waypoints mentioned in the guides to travel faster. While there are some wiki pages for them, it's not very user-friendly to search, select and copy and there isn't a single-page full list.

    So I've made a tool based on this need. It's not perfect, I've built it in a few hours over the weekend, but I feel it's very usable and straightforward to search and click to copy codes.

    So here it is, maybe it helps someone as well:

    👉 https://www.gw2waypoints.com/

    Have a great weekend! ☀️

    submitted by /u/josanx
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Living World Seasons 2, 3 and 4 are heavily discounted at the Gem Store right now. Great opportunity to get them.

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 11:29 AM PST

    Developing Essence Manipulation

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 08:52 AM PST

    NCSOFT earning release: $12.9M USD sales for GW2 in Q3 2019, -5% over Q2

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 04:59 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/yDJtLyl

    Full report here http://irsvc.teletogether.com/ncsoft/pdf/ncsoft2019Q3_eng.pdf

    Events in Q3:

    • Festival of Four Winds

    • Anniversary sale/cooking 500

    • Icebrood Saga Announcement

    • Prologue: Bound by Blood

    There is nothing in the Q&A section about GW2, but they did clarify the capital investment into NC West.

    • NC west was established in 2010 to focus PC online gaming market

    • However recent gaming market in the west has a significant portion in the console and mobile segment which we think are very important

    • We have made internal structural re-organizations earlier in the year

    • NC West in the future should maintain a closer relationship with the headquarter and this capital investment will enable that vision and strategies for the future

    submitted by /u/mylomilk
    [link] [comments]

    Almost not important, but don't forget to collect 250 currency from the new upcoming map.

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 06:18 PM PST

    You never know if we'll ever need (again) 250 currencies for something in the future, so people don't complain in the future. Start saving now, we will need it

    submitted by /u/Astraliguss
    [link] [comments]

    How to play GW2 in VR - Guild Wars 2 Virtual Reality Guide

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 02:37 PM PST

    Wendigo-type creatures in recent pop culture.

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 07:00 PM PST

    Black Lion Chests and their rewards

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 05:19 AM PST

    Well, I started playing GW2 six years ago and, over the time, I had a lot of hobbies. The oldest was opening chests. I was spending hours creating characters and farming keys back in the day and when they took out this "fun" I decided to support the game and spend some gems monthly for my hobby. In the last 2 years I spent almost 1600 gems (20 euro) monthly only on keys...I did not cared too much about the skins from the shop market....all I wanted were the keys (I am not a gambling addict, I just enjoy surprise items). Some months ago I started feeling like I am being scammed. They replaced one of the random item slots with a bag (in my point of view is pretty useless). I was like "Ok, there are still 2 items". Then they modified the chance in a very pathetic way. Don't get me wrong, i never demanded infusions or permanent contracts but back in the day I was opening 40 chests monthly and I was getting at least 3-4 weapons skins and 7-8 wardrobe unlocks. Now, I open 40 chests and I am getting 1 weapon skin and 3-4 wardrobe unlock. Back then I used to get filled with boosters and primers......now I am lucky if I see some boosters, most of the items I receive are just crafting material bags (for t6 or t3-4). Statues were a good idea and are still useful but you need a good amount of them to really buy something worth. I do not want to be a crybaby, I did not post this in anger after one unlucky month.....this is something I have noticed in the last 6-7 months at least. Of course, from now on I will stop buying gems for keys, either by cash or gold (never spent gold on gems for keys). As it is normal, I analyzed the problems and I will try to give some suggestions too.

    1) Keep the predefined bag, but reduce the cost of keys. 5 keys = 450 gems, it is not cheap and, from 5 chests, you won't even get back enough value to cover 100 gems.

    2) Keep the 450 = 5 keys price but eliminate the predefine bag. Go back to 3 items random + one small chance to get a bonus item (like it is now)

    3) Keep the actual system but reverse the drop rates back to how they were before/at the launch of PoF

    submitted by /u/Leycris
    [link] [comments]

    What can I do solo in WvW for reward track?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 07:39 AM PST

    hey guys, I need the gift of battle and so I have to do WvW.

    what can I do solo to get fast points for the reward track?

    I have to say that I have not the WvW Mount :-(

    TY for help!!!

    submitted by /u/bautechniker
    [link] [comments]

    Ranked in 2019 - 3 DC's, moments before I myself DC'd. RIP. Ever since build template patch

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 05:30 AM PST

    What armor is this?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 05:39 AM PST

    Is it worth it?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 05:25 AM PST

    Hi all,

    I played a TON of this game back in college(~2 years ago now). PoF got me back into the game from a long hiatus and kept me interested for a month or so, but I just couldn't keep my interest piqued back then.

    I'm missing the "good old days" of this game and thinking of getting back into it. I played quite a bit, and had a level 80 character of each class. Mainly spent my time doing WvW, sPvP and then PvE content. I never really loved the living story but I did enjoy tough zone meta content(silverwastes, auric basin, etc.) as well as exploration and things of the sort.

    I'm wondering if this game is worth picking back up in its current state. I really would like to get back into PvP and WvW but I'm hearing bad things from other posts on this subreddit. On top of that, it sounds like build templates have gone in a bad direction without much hope that anet will fix this. I don't know much about the current state of the game, so my understanding is purely from seeing an occasional post on the matter.

    I think there are plenty of things for me to do in game(mastery system, unlocking Griffin mount to name a few) but don't want to jump onto a burning ship.

    submitted by /u/scurly_dan
    [link] [comments]

    kinda thinking of going back

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 05:16 AM PST

    so been thinking of going back never really played heart of thorns and path of fire

    so my question is if i go back are there still enough players to do the events?

    what are the things i would be able to do?

    is w v w v w active?

    submitted by /u/testti
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Charged Quartz can only be made once per day! Every couple of patches, it becomes very valuable, so be sure to make some now, while you don't need it yet.

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 05:37 PM PST

    Is Continuum Split bugged?

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 11:07 PM PST

    Hey everyone, returned to GW2 and to my loved mesmer. Have to get used to traits rework, 4 not 5 shatters and so on, but one thing kills me (literally). In past if you get downed while CS is active you still returns in time (and if I remember correctly it happens instantly when you get a lethal blow). Now it doesn't happen and if I use CS to save myself I just... Die. Is it supposed to happen?

    submitted by /u/GreyMesmer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment