• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 17, 2019

    Guild Wars Wow, why didn’t I play this game again sooner?

    Guild Wars Wow, why didn’t I play this game again sooner?


    Wow, why didn’t I play this game again sooner?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 11:47 PM PDT

    So I started playing GW again after a 10 year break. Last time I played, I was about 13 and only owned Factions. I remember the game was really fun, but I spent most of the time losing badly in PVP or chatting with people in Kaineng. I guess I didn't actually play the game properly lol. Since then, I've bought the complete collection on a new account.

    Over the past few years I've dipped in and out of GW2, but the game never gripped me. Every time I played I just never felt engaged. The story was boring and I don't think I ever related to a single character. I literally didn't care what happened in the story. Actually I hated playing the story.

    The overworld is ok but that got boring quickly, and the reason it did is the exact reason why I'm having such an amazing time in GW: in GW, your actions matter. In GW2 I never felt that I was actually having an impact on anything. World bosses would die whether I attacked them or not. Tasks were far too easy and the only "difficult" bit was where mindlessly killing enemies wasn't completing the task and I had to actually read that I was supposed to turn into a Golem or something. I could get a gold medal even if I was dead for half of the fight. Boring.

    GW is hard and it's smart. If I play dumb, I lose. If I play well, I win. My actions have impact and therefore consequences. If I'm struggling, I know that it's because I'm not playing in a way which would lead to success. This leads to gripping combat even in an arguably less advanced combat system. I'm playing an assassin and I actually have to pay attention to what's going on in fights instead of button mashing.

    And the story is so good. I'm about a 3rd of the way through Factions and I actually care about what's happening next. And my god does it get hard quickly. I'm in the process of getting a good hero team together (something I have never had access to before) to help me out so that I can actually progress.

    I have no idea how long I'm going to play this time around, but I can guarantee it'll be for longer than GW2.

    To be fair, I haven't done the highest end stuff in GW2 like raids or T4 fractals, but the reason is because I don't find the game engaging enough to actually invest the time to get there. Maybe I'd enjoy it a bit more when my actions did have consequences, but it shouldn't take a hundred hours to get to that point and it shouldn't be contained only to the highest end of content. GW got hard towards the end of Shing Jea Island and got progressively harder...

    submitted by /u/SouthPepper
    [link] [comments]

    Guild Emblems that No Longer Exist, Why

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 08:06 PM PDT

    Dragon's Stomp has one of the best Skill Icons. Is it a boot or is it a dragon?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 09:28 AM PDT

    Are these suposed to be destroyers?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 06:33 AM PDT

    II Satanspawn II

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 03:52 AM PDT

    Anyone else happen to have some pervy person with the above char name asking them to take off their armour? Managed to find and do it with two of my chars in two days now...

    submitted by /u/JoqularChoc
    [link] [comments]

    new guides!

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 04:45 PM PDT

    Last year I asked for some new guides for the megathread. Some really nice improvements have been made, but we still need more guides! If you're interested in helping out, either by creating content or reviewing what we already have, please join us on Discord. You don't have to be a GW veteran, a masterful writer, or a statistics nerd (all of these are helpful though!) - we also need beginner players to give feedback. So all that's needed is the will to be helpful - come and be a part of keeping the GW community alive!

    submitted by /u/MistYNot
    [link] [comments]

    Beginner help

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 01:29 PM PDT

    So i hit level 20, ive just been getting the elite skills for my class, but other than that, i have no idea what i should be doing?

    How to make money, what is worth keeping/trading, what runes to aim for, how to build my heroes.

    All that kind of stuff, i was wondering if someone could point me towards a guide of somesorts, or maybe some of your own personal tips.

    submitted by /u/NvIWraith
    [link] [comments]

    For those of us with any practical hopes of a guild wars spiritual successor...

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 02:10 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment