• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 20, 2019

    Guild Wars Am I the only one to find these event quests pretty well written ? :)

    Guild Wars Am I the only one to find these event quests pretty well written ? :)


    Am I the only one to find these event quests pretty well written ? :)

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 11:06 PM PDT

    [WyTe] Running Service

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 09:44 PM PDT

    Runners With White Capes [WyTe] is active again! We have some of the most experienced outpost runners in the game.

    If you're looking for a run, be it from outpost to outpost or a mission run, go to www.tinyurl.com/wyterunning to place an order and someone will contact you in game asap!

    If you're a runner, we want you! We're looking to expand from just outpost running to mission running and dungeon running as well. Our goal is to be "the running guild". The only requirement is that you're able to complete runs.

    submitted by /u/CourageousCabbage
    [link] [comments]

    A couple of questions

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 09:51 AM PDT

    Question 1.) Is there any point in increasing energy while being a W/N? And if so, how would I increase it?

    Question 2.) Are the Ascalonian chests/keys really worth it? So far, I've only found a shield that buffs my health by 45 when I'm hexxed and some bows that I just don't use and have sold.

    Question 3.) Should I try to find a way to speed run and get to max, or take it slow and enjoy the story and such? I have played this before and hit max when I played with my dad and brothers, but that was years ago and have since lost the account.

    Question 4.) Is it worth it to try my own builds, or just go with ones that are proven to work, since the game is 10+ years old? I haven't gotten into PvP, but from the YouTube videos I've seen, it's fun and tactical.

    submitted by /u/GenericAI
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone think of a way to cause AoE Damage to the party?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 09:23 AM PDT

    In my daily theorycrafting I'm wondering if a greater conflagration, winter, and mantra of frost combo would work for party wide energy. The big issue is that I can't deal damage to the party! Is there any way to cause damage to the entire party in PvE? I know life bond is a thing, can anyone think of anything else that works in the same way?

    submitted by /u/refugeeinaudacity
    [link] [comments]

    Launch GW in full-screen, on side monitor?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 08:25 AM PDT

    Hello,

    Is there a set of command line arguments to make GW launch in windowed borderless (I put the wrong one in title and can't edit it now), but to a monitor which isn't the "main" one? I've checked the documentation here and here, but don't see a way to specify a target monitor.

    submitted by /u/RabidRussian
    [link] [comments]

    Returning after many years. Looking for class advice

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 02:34 AM PDT

    After many years i decided to return to my first MMO game. I can't find my old account (if it even still exists) so i need some help on deciding for my new main class. Back in the day i used to play a fire elementalist and finished 2 campaigns with it. I am mostly planning on just enjoying all campaigns and maybe farm for a nice looking armor. I am looking for a class which is fun to play with heroes since i am most likely going the whole way with only heroes.

    Currently i am thinking about a dervish with a transformation skill (mostly because i really like the looks of those skills), avatar of dwayna in particular. I like the idea of being a frontline support while my heroes deal damage from the backlines. Does someone have experience with this setup? I am hoping to minimize position and skill micro management for my heroes so that i have a smooth gameplay.

    My second idea would be a paragon which could either support or deal damage (or both). How does a paragon play with heroes in terms of micro management?

    submitted by /u/xZeifon
    [link] [comments]

    It's not July anymore, can we get the banner changed?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 05:46 AM PDT

    Heroes dying easily in Hard Mode

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 12:49 AM PDT

    Hi! So I'm trying to vanquish the 4-person ascalon areas, specifically regent valley right now. I've had a ton of fun creating all sorts of fun builds for myself, but no matter if I run my own builds or gwpvx "meta" ones, my heroes seem to drop like flies, leaving me at full health and alone after the first few groups of enemies. Is heavy micromanagement of hero skills necessary in hard mode?

    I have 3 mercenary hero slots ready to create whatever you all advise! Thanks :)

    EDIT: I did a little more digging on similar posts to this, and I've found that this setup is working very well. Heroes still die under too much pressure, so I am soloing most groups with a stoneflesh/armor of earth/sliver armor build, and bringing in the big hero guns for any groups I can't handle solo :)

    My ele build: OgBCkMrDrgHCLArlCaBp4rC

    SoS/healer rit: OACjEuiMpNXzlJz0bKNnclzLGA

    AotL/prot necro: OANDUsZ/SyBKgHVUB1D3VVVbhA

    Esurge mesmer: OQhkAkC8QGOyJY65w0PEZQPcxA

    EDIT 2: screw grawl ulodytes and their obnoxious healing jeez

    submitted by /u/Mechanisthmus
    [link] [comments]

    Nicholas the Traveler Weekly Farm - Red Iris Flowers - EASY Next Week!

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 09:58 AM PDT

    Any active guilds out there?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 05:26 PM PDT

    Are there any active guilds still holding together? I just started playing again after uh... 5 or 6 year break. I'm looking to get back into it and would love to have people to play with. I'm not good at meeting new people, so just joining people in the hubs is something that's difficult for me.

    submitted by /u/GenericAI
    [link] [comments]

    CONS vs PCONs

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 11:28 AM PDT

    Ok, so it seems like there is a lot of confusion about the difference between CONS and PCONS. All of this is explained on the wiki...

    https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Abbreviations

    "CONS" (or CONsumable Sets) are consumables that effect the entire party and include Essence of Clarity, Armor of Salvation, and Grail of Might.

    Edit: "CONS" are commonly referred to as a "consumable set". Even when you type 'cons' into the search function of the wiki, the 'consumable set' page shows up. From the wiki, "A consumable set is shorthand for one of each of the following three consumables: Grail of Might, Essence of Celerity, and Armor of Salvation."

    "PCONS" (or Personal Consumables) are consumables that only effect the player popping them. These include cupcakes, apples, alcohol, etc.

    In general, CONS are mostly used when a team or a player does speed clears and dungeon runs. PCONS are also commonly used during these speed clears and dungeon runs but are most definitely used during most of the solo roles in the runs. Or, for all you extremely rich folks out there, they are all used for every single thing possible with automatic ToolBox popping...

    submitted by /u/Mozo_7056
    [link] [comments]

    Guild Wars Special Edition

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 09:23 AM PDT

    I found it in a charity shop today and paid the princely sum of £2 for it.

    Does it have any use beyond the books (Art and Manuscripts) and map of Tyria?

    I would imagine that the codes are useless by now—there's one for the game itself and one for a "Skill Pack"—but I thought I might as well check just to be certain ;-)

    submitted by /u/NotACat
    [link] [comments]

    The Mausoleum

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 02:34 PM PDT

    Does anyone know, if and what was planed for the Mausoleum? The area is extremly big and there are things you only can see there.

    In the german Guild Wiki is a map of the area.

    https://www.guildwiki.de/wiki/Datei:Das_Mausoleum_Karte.png

    submitted by /u/TheActionbiker
    [link] [comments]

    How do I H/H as a healer?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 08:35 AM PDT

    I want to make a monk, but how do I make a team where I can effectively be the healer?

    submitted by /u/refugeeinaudacity
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment