• Breaking News

    Friday, February 25, 2022

    Guild Wars I'm Trying to Love This Game...But The Henchmen....

    Guild Wars I'm Trying to Love This Game...But The Henchmen....


    I'm Trying to Love This Game...But The Henchmen....

    Posted: 24 Feb 2022 11:59 PM PST

    Just a short vent thread.

    I'm really trying to love GW. I loved GW2, needed to try something else, and decided on the original. There are so many strong points, but holy shit, the henchmen system is just painful. It's cool that they found a way to give me teammates...I love that I can do content meant for groups as a solo player. But my god, my henchmen are a collection of the dumbest group members I've ever had in an MMO. Freak out during combat and aggro 2 more groups of mobs? Done. Ignore your callout and stay fighting the tankiest mob in the group? Easy. Pump DPS as the healer while your party dies? Absolutely.

    I swear, if henchmen said oddly specific racist things as they traveled with you, GW would have made the perfect system to capture the worst of the worst in MMOs.

    submitted by /u/justchasingentropy
    [link] [comments]

    Any idea why War Supplies are becoming rare and hardly any WTS?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2022 09:44 PM PST

    Account is safe! So happy to be back!:)

    Posted: 24 Feb 2022 05:48 PM PST

    I made a post recently about not being sure if my account was hacked and everything was gone. I hadn't played in 18 months with life issues. I got my password reset by cust serv but was too scared to check. I finally logged in to check it out and it's all safe, such a relief. Not sure if someone tried hacking and was unsuccessful but I'm just grateful it's still ok. I don't have any arms or anything or a huge stash of fancy stuff but armor I worked hard for and characters I loved. I'm so happy to be back.

    Pretty sad that my friend list is more or less dead and the guild I worked hard to build is mostly dead too, but I'm still so happy to be back. Thanks to everyone for the kind wishes and moral support:)

    submitted by /u/CanthanCanadian
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone need runs??

    Posted: 24 Feb 2022 12:49 PM PST

    Here's a list of runs I'm willing to do for free/tips if you truly insist.. I was a runner back in the day and I really enjoy it. For me, that was guild wars (or at least a large part of my experience).

    Presearing tour

    Droks

    Desolation (no bone palace, start from pogahn passage)

    My primary times of availability are between 8p to 1a eastern time, just about any day of the week. I request at least a days notice so I can properly allocate time. Those runs aren't all I know how to do, just the runs that are the most fun to me. Feel free to inquire about others.

    IGN: Rayna Deathbane [RUN]

    submitted by /u/Flat_Cantaloupe_
    [link] [comments]

    How long to beat Beyond?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2022 04:48 PM PST

    Hey, I've played through the campaigns and EoTN now (with seperate characters for the 3 main campaigns) and I'm playing it primarily for the story/lore.

    1. is it worth it to play Beyond?
    2. How long does it take, given that I have a quite decent build?

    Thanks :)!

    submitted by /u/Parafex
    [link] [comments]

    Newbie Questions

    Posted: 24 Feb 2022 08:03 AM PST

    My wife and I started playing guild wars together calling wine, GW1 and pizza our date night. We have a lot of date nights now and am kicking myself for playing WoW in the 2000's this game is amazing. At this point we have gotten to lvl 14.

    I had some newbie questions I was hoping the community could help us with.

    1. We love the idea of making different characters for each campaign and then taking them all to eye of the North via mercenary hero slots. We found only the party leader can add henchmen. Does that apply to mercenary hero's as well or can we both bring 2 mercenary's with us?

    2. We like exploring the map and doing the quests between the missions. Will this generate enough Platinum for us to be able to afford the best armor upgrades stat wise? Not the premiums I get those exist for people who do the grind.

    3. If our goal is to just complete the campaigns and do the quests is there a reason to grind anything out? We aren't PVP fans so that doesn't really come into the equation.

    4. There is so much for collectors. My wife is trying to keep them all as well as a leveled set of equipment for all builds of all classes we might want to play. I realize this is not needed but to help her not go mad with inventory or buy $70 in inventory space are there any collectibles, armor or weapons we should save as they are hard to get/important for later.

    5. Every now an again one of use has an issue where we start teleporting instead of moving like lag. The confusion is that we are on the same network and it only happens to one of us when it does.

    6. Is there anything you wish you knew when you just started?

    Massive thanks to anyone who answers any of these questions.

    submitted by /u/SpaceDuckz1984
    [link] [comments]

    Help eith playing on Linux

    Posted: 24 Feb 2022 03:27 PM PST

    I'm currently running Fedora, and wine and lutris both crash when i try to run the installer.

    What desktop environment are you running gw on? Any suggestions for getting it to install? Does it run well through steam with proton?

    Thanks for the help folk!

    Edit - used. Utility called Bottles that helps set up wine environments. Set everything to 32 Bit and it's running perfectly. Thanks for the help team

    submitted by /u/Eddieslabb
    [link] [comments]

    stuck in prophecies, can't find the next quest

    Posted: 24 Feb 2022 11:34 AM PST

    so i'm lvl 9 i finished all the quests in ascalalon, grendich courthouse, Piken Square and Sardekac Sabutarium. i don't have any more quests in my journal nor can i find new quests, i was trying to just progress thru the campaign idk how i managed to "lose" the the questline.

    what do i do now ?

    submitted by /u/Eltrew2000
    [link] [comments]

    need help with The Titan Source (what, again?)

    Posted: 23 Feb 2022 04:28 PM PST

    Hello all, I posted a thread about my sis and I needing help with the Titan quests like 6-8 months ago. After some time off, we now could use help with another quest: the one where you travel to Dragon's Gullet to kill 3 Titan Bosses, but first eliminate the Charr patrols because the way they roam there is nuts. Can anyone assist within the next hour or two? Or day?

    I am a Mo/R, she is a N/Rt. Since we travel from Yak's we can have a party of 6.

    submitted by /u/TheFrankman86
    [link] [comments]

    N/A - Byzzr Wingmender HM Farm (Very Easy)

    Posted: 23 Feb 2022 12:28 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment