• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 25, 2022

    Guild Wars Healing Prayers Skill Pack 2022 [Fan-Made]

    Guild Wars Healing Prayers Skill Pack 2022 [Fan-Made]


    Healing Prayers Skill Pack 2022 [Fan-Made]

    Posted: 25 Jan 2022 03:19 AM PST

    Update on my GW1 inspired turn based game

    Posted: 24 Jan 2022 01:05 PM PST

    Hi, I posted here before about my GW1 inspired game, but I wanted to show you the progress I've made.

     

    For those who have not seen my posts, I'm working on a Guild Wars 1 inspired multiplayer turn-based tactics game called Tidewoken. I love the GW1 skill system so much, that I wanted to make something similar.

     

    The game has a huge emphasis on build-defining legendary skills (like Elites) and team build synergy like in GW1. It also has an attribute system with attribute points, and each class has dozens of skills to choose from (currently 192 skills in total).

     

    Like GW1, the game offers both PvE (in the form of dungeons with challenging bosses) and PvP with different game modes.

     

    I'm currently looking for testers for a playtest, starting on January 27th. It is important to me to get feedback from the GW1 community, as the game is such an inspiration to me.

     

    If you want to try it out for free, you can sign up here ("Request access"): https://store.steampowered.com/app/1135220/Tidewoken/

    Also, here is an updated gameplay video to watch: https://youtu.be/_zHbAGSoyAU

     

    Please let me know if you have questions about the game :)

    submitted by /u/Xreal
    [link] [comments]

    How Do I Stop Getting Swarmed?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2022 04:22 AM PST

    I recently picked up GW to try out, and while I'm enjoying parts of the game, I'm finding combat incredibly frustrating. There are areas that I simply don't understand how to get by without aggroing 8-10 mobs at a time. For example, I'm currently in Diessa Lowlands, working on the quest "Garfazz Bloodfang". The quest marker is surrounded by 11 enemies. Even when I sneak up as wide as possible and only aggro 1, he ends up chaining a couple others, which end up chaining to the rest and I get rolled. I'm currently at -25% stats and extremely confused how I'm supposed to make it past spots like this without zerging. This isn't the only spot either, it seems like packs chain into each other constantly. I've played MMOs for years and I'm completely confused as on what I'm doing wrong.

    submitted by /u/justchasingentropy
    [link] [comments]

    New Guild Wars Instagram Page for all things Original Guild wars!

    Posted: 24 Jan 2022 12:05 PM PST

    ⛩Instagram.com/ShingJeaMonastery⛩ Created a new page recently on Instagram where I will be taking all player photo submissions of areas ingame with you alls characters and upload them to keep a collective of the legacy going strong and a place of enjoyment of the nostalgic looks of all things in this game.God bless

    submitted by /u/BatSwarms
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to keybind target Ebon Vanguard Assassin?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2022 10:10 AM PST

    I'm really struggling targeting him mid combat to give him a weapon spell or something.

    Anyone know if you can bind a key to target him a bit easier?

    submitted by /u/3xploitr
    [link] [comments]

    An old character

    Posted: 24 Jan 2022 08:10 AM PST

    Hi everyone! I have a question, in case someone had a similar issue. Back in 2006 I bought the game (the actual CD) and played for a year and a half. Then stopped and returned only in 2018. When I decided to return I bought the game online (because the CD was left behind when I moved to another country) and registered with my main e-mail. I didn't try to restore the old account, because forgot its login-details, including what e-mail I actually used.

    Now I had a thought of getting access to my old account and wrote to the support. Supplied the details I remembered, including IGN. They replied that this old IGN is associated with the account i am using now. Well, that's interesting, since I didn't see this character when I downloaded the game in 2018.

    So now I am trying to figure out if it's possible to do anything, because this IGN clearly exists, and I do want to get access to its inventory. Still didn't get any answer from the support about it, but just wonder if anyone here had a similar issue. Maybe it has to do with a fact that these are different versions of the game? Back then I probably only had Prophecies. Do you think I'll see this character if I were to download Prophecies only version? Should I simply forget about this old character? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Keit_Infinitus
    [link] [comments]

    Old NCsoft account new ArenaNet account, what do?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2022 02:48 PM PST

    Running Sanctum Cay (HM/No cons)

    Posted: 24 Jan 2022 07:43 AM PST

    I was trying this on my Derv. Tried a few different builds, but even with PvE skills and alcohol I probably only ever got half way through the summon animation.

    I haven't tried with VoS yet and that could easily be the only thing I need as I think a lot of the damage ends up coming from AoE DoT. Anyone try this?

    submitted by /u/0perationFail
    [link] [comments]

    Friendly/Informative PSA about Green (Unique) weapons

    Posted: 23 Jan 2022 02:45 PM PST

    Hey all,

    Going off of some recent traction I got from u/bsoltan linking my thread to another user's post a few days ago (thanks!), I want to go ahead and make a formal reddit post describing my ongoing project on GW Legacy. The specifics can be found in the thread itself: Greens But here's a quick overview of the project and its purpose.

    As you probably know, there are hundreds of different green (unique) weapons found throughout the game, typically dropped from bosses. What you might not know is that many of these, like other (more popular) oldschool weapons (rares/purples/etc), have pre-nerf versions.

    -

    Despite GW being nearly 17 years old, this is a relatively new discovery. This project started when a friend and I began talking about other possibilities of greens about a year and a half ago. What you see in the thread is the progress that has been made since then.

    -

    The thread currently shows a confirmed 119 different pre-nerfs, out of an estimated total of 190 pre-nerfs. Your help finding the remainder would be greatly appreciated. As a kid, I loved farming greens throughout all corners of the game (with a special nostalgic shoutout to Tombs and Sorrow's Furnace) and still do, let's be honest. So this is a passion project of sorts, to document that which has gone unnoticed, unloved and unrecorded for almost the entirety of the game's life.

    -

    If you have any green weapons you're unsure of, and would like checked/confirmed by me, please feel free to ask. I'm more than happy to pay well for new finds, though some have generously donated to the cause.

    -

    If you are a returning player from way back, you have a good chance of being extra helpful with this project. If you are a long-since absent player, let this be an extra little kick of nostalgia to get you back into the game. I took a 7-year break from GW1 when GW2 came out (hence the GW2 in my username...), but came back to the original about 2.5 years ago, and I still enjoy it as much as I did back in 2006.

    -

    Questions? Comments? Feel free to reply here, chat with me on Reddit, message me on Discord (Unholy#2295), on Legacy (Unholy), or in-game @ Vengeful Was Unholy.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/GW2Unholy
    [link] [comments]

    Some advices, from some new player

    Posted: 23 Jan 2022 04:12 PM PST

    Hi cool people!

    I'm currently studying abroad from home and I've only bring a low-specs laptop. I usually play gw2, but it's out of the question with this device. A few months ago, I tried guildwars, first of the name, and I did enjoy it. But, hem... I think my choice of profession was not right. This is why I'm reaching out today!

    So, I was a warrior/monk. I though I had read somewhere it was an easy one. Anyway, I dropped the axe, the shield and the sword or the hammer real fast, and ended up using only a range weapon (a scepter or staff? I don't remember). I like playing from range way more!

    As I'm now ready to dive into the game again (and start from the beginning because you know, I was on the EU server, and I'm now studying in the US), I would like to play something range. I'm mostly interested in playing the main storyline, which I will complete following release order, and I plan to pause my brain most of the time when playing. What profession should I try? With which team?

    Thanks for your advices! I'm really excited to go back to the Shiverpeaks, and this time I'll definitely get through these centaurs :D

    submitted by /u/Sutcenes
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment